Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

@nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola (1942 Views)

BreakingNews: Fulani's Grand Plan For Nigeria / GEJ's Strategic Plan For 2015 Election Victory - Leaked By Cramjones / Lagos Unveils Ikeja Model City Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

@nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by BabsO2(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2008
@Nigeraone, Read in one thread that you are doing some work on Olokola. Please do you have the proposed city map and or the latest website for this development.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by babasin(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2008
hope this does not turn to another IKOT-ABASI:ALSCON
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by nigeriaone: 2:19am On Jan 02, 2008
bab i do , not finished yet,
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by BabsO2(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2008
Nija1 what exactly do you have?
Understand from one latest UN report, there are only 2 cities in Nigeria by the definition of city (Lagos and Abuja). Others have lost their original plans and are now simply large human settlements.
Thus I am keen on seeing what plans there are for Olokola.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2008
What sort of city plan would this be??
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by nigeriaone: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
it would look like london or toronto. i have not finished yet. no time on my hand.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by babasin(m): 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
it would look like london or toronto. i have not finished yet. no time on my hand.

there you go.

are you going to do with your 3000MW for 150million people?
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by davidif: 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2008
You see how backward naija dey, our students in the architecture depts should be designing cities like they do here in yanki, but unfortunately the kids don't have high powered software for that, what a pity.  embarassed
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2008
1) How exactly are you doing this?? @NigerianOne
2) Is this plan for the actual city or just a virtual plan for all to see??
3) Are you actyally working in conjunction with the city or just doing this yourself as a project??
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by oldie(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2008
davidif:

You see how backward naija dey, our students in the architecture depts should be designing cities like they do here in yanki, but unfortunately the kids don't have high powered software for that, what a pity.  embarassed

This shows how limited you are. No students anywhere in the world will design cities
And not only Architects design cities
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by BabsO2(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2008
Nija1, you said it will be like london and t. Are undergrounds being planned also. Like I read something about London related to designed to be moving or always moving. Despite the huge population density of London you can always plan your movement and say you will move from A to B in about x minutes.

Have also seen the city plans for Dubai ?

They have all sorts up their sleeves. Dubai sports city etc. They even have a place with islands with all countries in it. Despite their plenty of roads the place is now log gammed with traffic as they rely heavily of moving people by cars and taxis.

Thus Olokola needs surface and underground train services. It needs to be the new center of excellence. I am currently working on a proposal to invite a a steel firm to open shop in Ondo State / Olokola. I am really keen on this plan even if I have to create my Own non-governmental non-profit organization, with a vision of turning the country around helping state governments focus ob better city planning and industrialization that create jobs and wealth for the Nation.

Do keep me posted.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by davidif: 5:33am On Jan 03, 2008
This shows how limited you are. No students anywhere in the world will design cities
And not only Architects design cities

@oldie
are you freaking kidding me my architecture roomates here design plans for downtown chicago on there computer for class projects and you are talking nonsense. You better don't say what you don't know. angry angry
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by nigeriaone: 8:32am On Jan 03, 2008
I have not seen Dubia plan, but i have seen that of Toronto, the UN said one of the cities in the Greater toronto area, called Mississauga is the best plan street in the world. I have seen that too.

Olokola would be a tax free zone, visa free zone
The design include,

An international airport
world class Hotels
school and library and parks
Seaport
Well plan roads
Underground and light train
streetlight
residential and industrial section. all houses on mortage system.
etc.

The New London would have 24 x 7 electricity, with omotosho power plant devoted to it.

The aim of Olokola or New london is to create another Dubia in Nigeria. look China and India where europe and America have focus on now are to far for them to do business. The new london is less than 2 weeks by sea. china and india do not also speak good english when compare to Nigerian.

The street would be name after famour international people like Bill clinton Blvd, George bush blvd, Reagan blvd , Prince Charles blvd , Lady Di, Mao st, Lakshmi Mittal blvd, young street, Bill gate Blvd, Warren Buffet Blvd ,Lakshmi Mittal st, Ghandi St, King Farr Av, Orpah St, Theo Albrecht st, Kenneth Thomso av, Ted rogers,Tony Blair Av, Paul Allen St, Tim houston, Queen Elizabeth, Victoria, Chaira, Paul Allen Blvd, Prince Alwaleed street,Karl Albrecht Blvd, Paul Allen Cr, Roman Abramovich st, Li Ka-shing blvd, J.K. Rowlin st, Lakshmi Mittal st, Liliane Bettencourt st, Steven Ballmer st, Amancio Ortega st, Bernard Arnault av, Michael Dell st, Sheldon Adelson av, Toudore, etc 90% international names.

A key to the city would be given to each person a street is name after at funfair on seperate dates.
A tax and visa free zone,

It would create another New york to DC section in the world , from Lagos to Warri. population about 50 million people expect to live there. Creating a market. Rail linking Ibadan, Lagos and Benin.

All the street like Toronto or London are design vertical or horinzontal , using intersetion( where 2 street meet).

What Olokola or New London would be is the international trading centre of the world. Where the world can feel free. New London would be home from home, with beaches and hotels. that why names become New london, making it easy for the west,

New London is bringing USA , UK , canada or Europe to Africa. Something different. A business centre. It would boost the economy of africa. china and India they are too far for the west.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by oldie(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2008
davidif:

@oldie
are you freaking kidding me my architecture roomates here design plans for downtown chicago on there computer for class projects and you are talking nonsense. You better don't say what you don't know. angry angry

No. I am not kidding you.
What they design are academic prototypes
I say it because I know grin
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by babasin(m): 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2008
New London is bringing USA , UK , canada or Europe to Africa.

I am afraid to disappoint you, this already FAILED on arrival.

For calling it NEW LONDON is already a failure.

when we africans ever learn to be original? make mistakes but improve of it but surely not calling it NEW LONDON.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by BabsO2(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2008
I don't like the reference new london and all the so called names who may end up snobbing the development. Dubai or Abudhabi never named any city after any mettal or whatever. It will be better local names of surrounding communities and those of first investors to complete developments are used. eg. Zenith Bullevad or Jim Ovia or Awolowo or Azikiwe or Obasanjo or Muritala or Akintola bullevbad. I believe we will get more respect with such naming.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by oldie(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2008
babasin:

I am afraid to disappoint you, this already FAILED on arrival.

For calling it NEW LONDON is already a failure.

when we africans ever learn to be original? make mistakes but improve of it but surely not calling it NEW LONDON.
What's in a name?
Lets see the concept first
As long as the idea takes care of the local peculiarities and it is relevant, name would be the least of the concerns.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by babasin(m): 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2008
What's in a name?

everything is in name!

this is branding, it allows people to respect or disprect you.

you think people want to come to Nigeria to live in NEW LONDON?
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by ayanfe(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2008
nigeriaone:

I have not seen Dubia plan, but i have seen that of Toronto, the UN said one of the cities in the Greater toronto area, called Mississauga is the best plan street in the world. I have seen that too.

The New London would have 24 x 7 electricity, with omotosho power plant devoted to it.

The aim of Olokola or New london is to create another Dubia in Nigeria. look China and India where europe and America have focus on now are to far for them to do business. The new london is less than 2 weeks by sea.� china and india do not also speak good english when compare to Nigerian.

The street would be name after famour international people like Bill clinton Blvd, George bush blvd, Reagan blvd , Prince Charles blvd , Lady Di, Mao st, Lakshmi Mittal blvd, young street, Bill gate Blvd, Warren Buffet Blvd ,Lakshmi Mittal st,� Ghandi St, King Farr Av, Orpah St, Theo Albrecht st,� Kenneth Thomso av, Ted rogers,Tony Blair Av, Paul Allen St, Tim houston, Queen Elizabeth, Victoria, Chaira, Paul Allen Blvd, Prince Alwaleed street,Karl Albrecht Blvd, Paul Allen Cr, Roman Abramovich st, Li Ka-shing blvd,� J.K. Rowlin st, Lakshmi Mittal� st, Liliane Bettencourt st, Steven Ballmer st, Amancio Ortega� st, Bernard Arnault av, Michael Dell st, Sheldon Adelson av, Toudore, etc 90% international names.

Please tell me you are joking with your attempt to Europeanize Africa. You have failed and I pray the projects goes into the sewers like other white elephant projects.

You are a failed colonized mentality.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by ell77(f): 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2008
@poster.

PLEASE YOU WERE ON THE RIGHT TRACK BUT DON'T BE SO INFATUATED WITH LONDON.

Lets say you are successful in your plans for 24 hour electricity and any other positive developments. Developed roads and pavements, street dustbins, street lights, traffic signals, etc. Fine if you want to take some influences from different countries around the world also, you can try and take the best from each city you admire. But If you go and name the streets Tony Blair street etc then you are giving undo credit to these people from the West and you will be effectively saying perhaps the greatest city to be made in Nigeria belongs to them. Think of local scholars and great people to name the streets after, and try and incorporate some things peculiar to olokola or ondo state. For example Dubai did not name any street George Bush and it now stands in a league of its own people model their designs on Dubai (though Dubai obviously had influences from different cities). Let your design be one that people model their cities after too! Let someone in India build a city and call it 'The New olokola'. lol.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by babasin(m): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2008
Let someone in India build a city and call it 'The New olokola'. lol.

exactly. good thinking.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by oldie(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2008
babasin:

everything is in name!

this is branding, it allows people to respect or disprect you.

you think people want to come to Nigeria to live in NEW LONDON?

No everything is about content
Name is sentimental and can be changed anytime
Content is the quality

Let him give us a well planned city
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by BabsO2(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
Names and Content really matter. No matter how good the content is the name will take the glory away. Though content far outstrip name with respect to the unfolding arguments.

Attached is a link where you can download Dubai Sports City.
http://www.dubaisportscity.ae/about-dubai-sports-city/project-masterplan.html

Dubai is developing different city themes and this sports city really captured my fancy.

Olokola city plan vision should be rich as there is a lot to learn about the selling points and the downsides of existing cities. Like Bur Dubai and Deira are now building metro systems to ease traffic. Not sure if they were on the original plan. But the ongoing construction suggest looks like an after thought to combat traffic congestion.

Pray something great comes up that we can start translating our education to physical tangible things in our Country that we can all be proud off West - East, South to North.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by nigeriaone: 9:10am On Jan 04, 2008
http://NigeriaONE.com

Name is a powerful tool in Business, do you know the meaning of canada. It means a village. So what the govt try to sell out here is the fact we are all living in a global village.

A name makes a business. Look, the aim of an Export processing zone is not to attract Nigerian, Who cares about Nigerian in an export processing zone. Nobody should. It is the investor that matter. Nigeria are suppose to come from benin. lagos. ibadan, warri, ijebu work and go home. What makes the investor happy . The client is always right. Is one of the aim of business.

Look, even if the city have no Nigerian living in it , it should not matter. The aim of it is to get investment . What name it comes does not matter. In my city Toronto we have lagos street. I have a video of the street. No too far from where most Nigeria business are in the city.

You can't call the place Olokola and expect to bring investors. You want to make them feel comfortable with the name. The product it self would be carry the name NEW LONDON. It is a sell.

some like, example a computer made there.

Would read MADE IN NEW LONDON. if it read made in naija who would buy it. You want to package it like the American or canadian would do. You give it a touch of class. You make it look the west , smell the west and speak the west. all worker working in this area would have to go to special english school to change their accent to the west. Not the hausa , Yorubas or Igbo accent. You are there to serve your client and not yourself.

We can name our local scholars and great people name to other street in Nigeria, like lagos, akure, kano and abuja. only investors. Show me your money and we would give you a street. that why the 10%. Look at the international names. All of them are billionaires in US dollars, or can attract dollars.

You make it a paradise on earth. So that when anyone enter there, they would feel and know they are in the west. Not lagos and abuja. no, You would also would need high train white people to give a sense of touch to it. You may call me it any name in Nigeria, I call it business.

It is what the client want, to make him feel like god while he is there. You serve him 24 hours , after God , he would be next important thing to you and make him feel, he just got to heaven. Look my nigerian abroad do not success because they refuse to change. I live here, and i know this people, I can't remember how many years now, more than 10 years. I speak white man languagues too. if you are in roman be like the roman. I hang around with mostly white people. 80% of my friend have always be white. So i know how they do thing.

Look Olokola or New london is the only place in Nigeria where this project can be sited. Abuja failed because of location. Any business man would tell you Location and location, and location. It is the secret of business. Look abuja have been their now 30 years, and have not been generating any revenue for the federal govt, compare it with lagos. It is location. we need to push the economy from lagos, it is call diversification of business.

Olokola or NEW LONDON have to speak white, look white, eat white, be white and is white , If you want your Nigeria city move over to Ilorin or Ogbomosho. We do not want you there. May una no hate me, na true , i dey talk.

Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by babasin(m): 11:20am On Jan 04, 2008
nigeriaone:

Olokola or NEW LONDON have to speak white, look white, eat white, be white? and is white ,? If you want your Nigeria city move over to Ilorin or Ogbomosho. We do not want you there. May una no hate me, na true , i dey talk.

No comment.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by ayanfe(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2008
nigeriaone:

You can't call the place Olokola and expect to bring investors. You want to make them feel comfortable with the name. The product it self would be carry the name NEW LONDON. It is a sell.

Olokola or NEW LONDON have to speak white, look white, eat white, be white� and is white ,� If you want your Nigeria city move over to Ilorin or Ogbomosho. We do not want you there. May una no hate me, na true , i dey talk.

Edumare go punish you.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by nigeriaone: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2008
I reject that in the name of jesus , you must be a racist. Why dont you move over to Mugabe and Zim. Mugabe is waiting for you.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by davidif: 3:36am On Jan 05, 2008
@oldie
I went to ask them and they said you are right. Peace out.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by nigeriaone: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2008
what
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by nigeriaone: 12:04am On Jan 09, 2008
I did get you.
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by oldie(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2008
@nigeriaone
davidif is referring to posts 7,9, 11 & 13 on this page

@ davidif
No prob, we all learn everyday
Re: @nigeriaone - City Plan For Olokola by GDP1GlenGng: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
Forget 'New London'.

You cannot attempt to copy the Kudos of such a HUGE WORLDWIDE ICON - it would just appear to be so pathetic and false.

Try something LESS WELL-KNOWN, but relevant, nevetheless, steeped in tradition, and actually well-known to many Nigerian Diaspora, whilst also embodying the FOCUS of a Free Trade Zone :-

"Southwark-WestWay"

Now ! THERE'S A GREAT NAME FOR A NEW ATLANTIC GATEWAY BETWEEN AFRICA AND THE WORLD.

WAY-TO-GO-MAN !

nb. Southwark is pronounced short, like Suthark - with the u as in Udder or Under - and NOT like SOUTH - and the w is not sounded.
Although I imagine the North Americans would put a good spin on pronouncing it, as read, with their home accents.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Be Among Top 20 Leading Economy's By 2020 / Police Arrest 60 Massob Members / The Igbo Just Lost Again!speakership Remains In Sw!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.