Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,334 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us (57869 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Trailer Head From Europe To Lagos / To Ship a Car from Houston to Naija: Any one there? / How To Ship A Car To Lagos From Vancouver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by hoba(m): 1:40am On Dec 02, 2009
Hello every one, please can somebody shade some light here:
I'm trying to make an order of an SUV Nissan Pathfinder 2004 model from the USA and ship same to Naija via online transaction with Bayshoreford.com. Now my questions are:
1) How safe is the online transaction/buying
2.) Putting together the cost of the car and shipment etc to Naija, is it wise ordering from the USA or buying from Naija since I also reside in Naija.
3.) Which Auto company in the USA is the best to use that could also be cheaper for me.

Thanks
  undecided
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by osakawa: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2009
When you buy from an online dealer like bayshoreford.com, you will end up paying more for the vehicle. Containerizing you vehicle is costlier than RORO. If you tell me the kind of vehicle you are looking to buy, I can get you one at a reasonable amount. RORO transit time is 21 days from departure date.
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by osatoboy: 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
Hello house , pls. can some one tell me when i will be expecting my bill of lading and my car in Nigeria Port, for a car that was shipped from port of Baltimore MD, on the 2nd of December will i be able to get the car before Christmas. Pls. inform will be appreciated thanks.
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by AMERICANEX(m): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
American Export Lines Rates :

NJ/ NY / Balt. to Tin Can (Port to Port) we are only a shipping co. - we do not buy vehicles.

Rate = under 650 CFT is $1075.00 USD all in

Will work "with you" for your FCL (Full contaienr load needs) as well.

call or Email

(973) 824-2333

John Strozyk
JSTROZYK@AELSHIPPING.COM

30 years same locations - AEL
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by Gilbertman(m): 2:58am On Mar 31, 2010
This is absolutely beautiful!!!! Kudos to you guys that contributed here especially to Jidody.This is how Nigerians should interact open heartedly and with trusts without suspecting the other of trying to scam him/her.If we lay the example otther nations will follow suit.
But, how come some of the enquirers asks repeated questions?Some thing that has been asked and answer has been provided?It is annoying.People should take time to look through the whole conversation and make a wise decision as to what to ask or do next.
Thanks to y'all once again and to NL fora organiser, God bless you too and God bless dear Country, I am impressed and proud,
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by jikings(m): 1:55am On Aug 04, 2010
Hello my pple.I'm about to ship a car from New jersey to lagos but not sure of which agent to use. Some folks here have recommended AEL but I dont have any contacts. Please could you send me some coantacts. jikings2002@yahoo.com. is this AEL website? http://www.shipit.com/
Many Thanks!!!!
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by KunleA2(m): 2:39am On Aug 04, 2010
jikings:

Hello my pple.I'm about to ship a car from New jersey to lagos but not sure of which agent to use. Some folks here have recommended AEL but I dont have any contacts. Please could you send me some coantacts. jikings2002@yahoo.com. is this AEL website? http://www.shipit.com/
Many Thanks!!!!

www.aesshipping.com

Good luck
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by jikings(m): 4:12am On Aug 04, 2010
Thanks Kunle-A. Please could you advise on a car pick up company to use to pick up my ride from newyork to deilver to the New jersey port? Cheers
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by KunleA2(m): 5:21am On Aug 04, 2010
When you talk to AES, they can arrange that for you. Extra fees of course.

Good luck.
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by jikings(m): 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
Thanks Kunle-A. God Bless
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by bash123(m): 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2010
The best company i have ever used is GoGlobalCargo.com, they are very friendly people working over there and rates are very competitive and the best of all is the transit time for RoRo sometimes arrives to Nigeria less than 2 weeks from any port of the east coast in the US, they send cars trucks or heavy equipments, they also have container services from Houston, Miami and NY, THEY LOAD THERE OWN CARS!
and the best thing of all is that if you ship with them and after you take someone to them, you will get a discount on your next shipment with them!

Here is the information of my contact there:
Bob
Cel.786.362.4320
e-mail: info@goglobalcargo.com

and if you need to buy anything from the US they can do so too.
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by BOB11(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2010
GoGlobalCargo.com for any shipping needs out of USA!

For RoRo or Container services please contact:

Bob
CEL.+786.362.4320
info@goglobalcargo.com
www.goglobalcargo.com

Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by DAKT001: 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2011
Contact DAKT Logistics for all your air freight and sea freight shipments. Great service, low prices.

www.daktlogistics.com
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by bluedrums(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2011
You have to mention the year of the car and the shipping mode,whether open or closed[container] For the shipment,it is the length of the vehicle that determines the cost,and finally,the year of the car will help us know what the clearing cost will be be including customs duty
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by Amin11(m): 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2011
============================================================================
* WE ARE BUYING BELOW FUNDS *

DAILY @ CURRENT MARKET RATE *

(BOTH LOCAL & FOREIGN Funds..)

▶️ skrill

▶️ NETELLER

▶️ PAYONEER | PAYPAL | PM | USDT | BTC |

▶️ ALL GIFT CARDS | CHECKOUT SERVICES |

==================================
OTHER SERVICES:
===≠==============================

▶️ Freelancers Withdrawal (all funds)

▶️ Upwork account Approval (Instantly)

▶️ Sell Payoneer Accounts (Foreign/Local)

======================================
KINDLY CONTACT US TODAY:
======================================

Trade @ ease using our
WhatsApp Link below....
Click WhatsApp Link

https:///76izhv

▶️ Let's Be Your Plug
Your funds are SAFE trading with us.
Our Payment is Fast & Rate is okay or we buy at your best rate.

Serving our Valued Customers since 2015....
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by cpcargo: 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2011
You can ship from Chicago  smiley

My name is Carolina Chavez and I own a loading company that serves the Chicago land area.

CP Cargo, 600 E. Joe Orr Rd, Chicago Heights, IL 60411.
Phone: 708.757.9501
Email: Cpcargo07@yahoo.com

We work with licensed freight forwarders and trucking companies to get the best rates for our clients.  CP Cargo loades vehicles, household items and personal goods into container that will be exported overseas. CP Cargo is your one stop shop!!!

Your first step is to make sure you have all titles for vehicles, personal items, keys inventory together. Once you have taken inventory of everything you will need a Licensed Freight Forwarder (broker) which will take care of all the paperwork that has to go through U.S. Customs. You will also need a trucking company who will bring the container to the facility where you will be loading and once loading is complete the driver then takes the container to the rail yard. Once the container is loaded onto the rail and then taken to New York or Virgina. Once it reaches either of those ports it is then places onto the vessel and sails.

Container prices vary in price, it all depends how soon you want the container to arrive to the destination. There is also a fee for trucking and loading.

If you have any question you can contact me at cpcargo07@yahoo.com or call 708.757.9501.

Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by cpcargo: 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2011
Did I forget to mention that we can fit the following into a 40ft container:

- 3 S.U.V.S and a small vehicle
- 2 Mack trucks
- 5 small vehicles
- White cargo van with 2 vehicles.

We also dismantle and have a mechanic at our facility wink

1 Like

Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by OGIYEN: 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
goodbobo: Please what is the cost of tokubo Rav4 2002 model in Naija . I Have someone that wants to send it to me from new jersey . Please tell me what is the cost of clearing that at the lagos port . I want to know so that i can compare the prize with what i am gonna pay this my friend .

Thanks
@ goodbobo,have u gotten d price of d 2002 rav4 compared,cos am interested in buying d 2003 model and is frm toronto and d person is telling me 8000USD both buying and shippin for a mileage around 120000miles,kindly reply would appreciate a lot.
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by OGIYEN: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=osakawa]When you buy from an online dealer like bayshoreford.com, you will end up paying more for the vehicle. Containerizing you vehicle is costlier than RORO. If you tell me the kind of vehicle you are looking to buy, I can get you one at a reasonable amount. RORO transit time is 21 days from departure date.[/quote
@ osakawa,pls kindly assist with dis info ,to bring a 2003 model rav4 hw much is it frm US.thanks awaiting ur reply
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by OGIYEN: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
jidody: Yound Digi, a few answers

The ship takes approximately 2 weeks to arrive Lagos once it takes off from the US. What takes time is actually waiting for the next available ship. At times the wait time could be up to 1 month beacause there are so many people shipping to Nigeria now but you could get lucky. This does not stop you from doing the paper work with the shipping company and dropping the car at the port.

It costs about $1500 to ship if you are sending RORO. The charges just went up 1 Dec 07

The cost of clearing varies depending on the greed level of the clearing agent. I just cleared two 2001 Toyota Corollas for 220k each. I have a Naval Officer friend that does the clearing just in case you are interested

All things being equal, you do not really have to spend extra. Once you pay for your shipping in the US and you make the clearing money available to the clearing agent, the car should be at your doorstep in Lagos approximately 1 week after the ship arrives Lagos.

I would have to ask my clearing person how much it costs to clear the 2002 Grand Cherokee.

Take care

@ jidody pls can I have d number of that your naval officer pls,and also I want to buy a 2003 rav4 frm toronto and d price d person is giving me is 8k buyin and shippin,is it ok
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by spyroxy1(m): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2013
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by cretin: 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
8k buying n shipping?!...its ok...budget between 250 to 350k for clearing, go 4 an 04/05 model
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by heemran: 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2013
sultaan: Has anybody tried clearing their cargo on their own? One car should be no reason to get an agent or have a armed forces 'friend' to get what youshipped(its your sweat). There are procedures for self clearing, of shipments we just need to get away from those methods of the past anf look towards the future.Things won't change if we accept them as they are, we have to force change.

If I get you right, for change means we clear it ourselves, please have you try it yourself and if ues, how ?
Thanks
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by nicolasonyenka: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
hello sir we can do the clearing here in lagos we are ntex nig ltd you can call us on 08033825595 or 08145664854
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by iwaramania: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
Pls does anyone kNow the best and genuine website to Buy Cheap Cars from. All i know is Ebay and amazon.com Thanks For Ur contributions
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by lastpage: 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
try www.copart.com in the U.S.
Focus on the Insurance reposes vehicles (neater and can be trusted).
Register or just view first and then make your decision after
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by dimich: 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
You can ship 1 - 4 cars in one container from California or New York/New Jersey to Lagos.
From California:
1 Car - $1,400

From NY/NJ:
1 Car - $1,120

You can also use the car shipping calculator http://www.wcshipping.com/international-car-shipping-quote and get current rates on pickup from any car auctions or dealership in the US.
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by Osholewis: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Please can someone here provide me with current clearing cost range for cars,mini vans,suvs?
Thanks.
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by Newtonn(m): 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Just viewing and reading this thread am very happy
we Nigerians now lead each other.
Good work let's keep it rolling.
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by Easyclan: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2018
[quote author=lastpage post=19336072]try www.copart.com in the U.S.
Focus on the Insurance reposes vehicles (neater and can be trusted).
Register or just view first and then make your decision after[/quote
Please I need information on how to bid on Copart and pay directly from nigeria. Also how to handle the shipping /logistics too.thanks
Re: I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us by Easyclan: 10:03am On Jan 18, 2018
Please I need your response. My email is easylawal@yahoo.com. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reg 2004 Accord @ 1.2M|04 Camry @ 1.8M|08 Camry @ 2.6M|2015 Highlander @ 15.5M / Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. / Nigerian Army Cars Produced By Innoson Motors Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.