Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

From The Father Of Lies – Visions Of Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From The Father Of Lies – Visions Of Hell (2165 Views)

TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / A Nairalander's Prophetic Visions/Declarations For 2015 (Buhari and GEJ Warned) / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From The Father Of Lies – Visions Of Hell by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2012
Recently, a friend of mine posted a link on my Facebook wall. The title made my face drop. It said, “Angelica Zambrano was shown the Kingdoms of Heaven and Hell, and the Return of Christ“. As of that point, I immediately knew that something was terribly wrong, but I had to see it for myself. I had to give the benefit of doubt and seek to discern it from the horse’s mouth. Or should I say from the serpent’s mouth?

I opened up the article, and for sure, there was this long account of Angelica Zambrano (an 18-year-old) who journeyed to the “kingdoms of heaven and hell”. By the time I was half way through the story, my heart was heavy, my mind was racing, and both anger and deep sadness were welling up and overflowing within me. Why? Because in the proclamations of the article the name of God was being blasphemed, because the Holy God was being dishonored, and because God’s word was being twisted in cunning ways that have a stunning resemblance to the temptations of Christ in the wilderness. I dare to say that the same devil who tempted Christ with Scripture is the same author of the vision that Angelica saw.

The danger
My fellow believers, I am not here to play games. I am not here to prove my opinions right. I am here to stand for Truth and for the Lord Jesus Christ who saved a worm like me. I need you to realize one very solemn thing: If what Angelica saw was truly “the Lord’s work”, and yet I have attributed it to Satan himself, then I have committed the dreadful unpardonable sin in Mark 3:28-29 and I am damned to everlasting punishment ( edited ). That’s how serious this is. But if by the Spirit I am able to convince you through His Scriptures that the experience was not of God, then you must hold to the truth and stand firm in the faith. You choose. And may the Lord help me.

The Mandate
I do this boldly because I believe I am honoring God and the gospel, for all across the New Testament we (and especially those who labor in the Word and doctrine) are commanded to preserve and protect the faith. Likewise, I am to be an overseer over the flock that the Chief Shepherd has entrusted to me (many of whom I know have been confused by this).

Jesus said in Matthew 7:15-16 :
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

In Jude 3, Jude says this concerning false teachers and doctrines
Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.

The revelation for our faith is complete in the Scriptures. And so I contend.

Paul tells Timothy (a young preacher) in 2 Timothy 4:3-5
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

And in 1 Timothy 6:20
O Timothy, guard the deposit [the gospel] entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,” – brackets mine

Finally, Titus 1:9
He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

The Biblical Basis – Counter Strike

I will now tell you why I strongly oppose such tales of people going to heaven and hell then coming back. You understand the situation, the danger, and the mandate. Angelica’s account was a long piece, so I am going to do this in 3 parts. Here, I will show you why such occurrences and claims are contrary to Scripture. In the next article, I will show you the various falsehoods in her ‘conversion’, her preparation for the big day, and the false teachings concerning what she saw in hell. Lastly, the third article will expose the lies about heaven, our Lord, and the message that she now proclaims as a ‘witness’ of ‘Christ’ as a result of what she saw. Let’s dig in…

This is what the Scriptures tell us in Hebrews 9:27-28
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

1. It is appointed for man to die once – my friends, it can’t get clearer than this. It is appointed for man to die once. Once. Apparently, chic died and was brought back to life. Even before it happened, it was explicitly said by the ‘servant of god’, “You will die”. Hmmm, just which god are they serving? Does God contradict His word? No. I know some of you are ready to throw the name ‘Lazarus’ at me in objection, but we’ll get to that.

2. The second part doesn’t need much explaining.Apparently Christ has appeared to humanity again through his witness, Angelica, to deal with sin. Question mark, question mark, exclamation mark!

Now let’s talk about Lazarus. On Facebook, someone said that Lazarus died and Jesus raised him up after four days. This is true, but let’s get it straight. Please note the following things:

1. The Lazarus in John 11 is not the same Lazarus in Luke 16.
The Lazarus in John 11, whom Christ raised from the dead, was a friend of Jesus and a brother of Mary and Martha. In verse 4, Jesus said concerning this incidence, “This illness does not lead to death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it”. It was a very special occasion where God was to show His glory in raising a man from the dead, pointing to the same way that He would give life to those who are spiritually dead in their sins and trespasses, through salvation (Ephesians 2:5).

2. Nothing is said concerning anything that Lazarus saw, heard, or experienced when he was dead. There is no mention of it at all. There is also no indication that he became some kind of hero or special witness to the testimonies of God either before, during, or after his resurrection. In fact, when our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth Himself was resurrected, He met with the 11 who were the primary witnesses. The apostles. Lazarus wasn’t even chosen to replace Judas.

Ponder over this.

3. Finally, note that this happened for God’s glory, along with the signs of the apostles in Acts in order to confirm the gospel message (for even they raised the dead), then that’s when the Holy Spirit inspired the writing of the letter to the Hebrews in which He says it is appointed for man to die once.

Now let’s deal with the other Lazarus. He is mentioned in Luke 16:19-31. Things to note:

1. This was a parable that Christ narrated. It starts as one, for He says “There was…”. It is the only parable that Christ gave in which a character had a name, that is, Lazarus. We are not given the rich man’s name.

2. [/b]In verse 26, when the rich man in hell cries to Abraham for relief, Abraham says:And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.

How then is it possible that Angelica’s spirit was able to cross over from hell to heaven?!

[b]3.
Verses 29-31 strike a shattering blow to the whole aim of Angelica’s vision and mission (no pun intended). In fact, it makes this article alone enough to discredit everything about it. The rich man asks Abraham to send Lazarus back to his people to warn them. Abraham responds in a way that seals the rich man’s agony forever:

But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”

How can we be so easily deceived, dear brethren? Are we not mature in the faith? Do we still need milk? Notice that in Angelica’s vision, that demon masquerading as Jesus kept showing her things and saying “…because they did not repent”, and thus Angelica has come to tell us to repent because of the horrors she saw.

Contradiction! The phrase “Moses and the Prophets” refers to the Scriptures, for the New Testament hadn’t been written at that time. We have the Scriptures, brothers. Contend for the faith delivered once for all to the saints.

1 Like

Re: From The Father Of Lies – Visions Of Hell by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
The Biblical Basis – Model Cites

Finally, I’d like us to look at the whole issue of visions of heaven and out-of-body experiences in the New Testament and see how this relates to such an issue as faces us today. In the New Testament, there are only two people who were allowed to experience the heavenly realm. Paul, and John. (I’ve left out Stephen because it was during his martyrdom). Let’s start with Paul.

In 2 Corinthians 12:2-10, Paul recounts how 14 years ago (at the time of his writing), he was caught up to the third heaven. Don’t be confused by his language, he says “I know a man in Christ…” because he doesn’t want to boast. We know it’s him because of the way the story ends. Also, you may be asking yourself, “What does he mean by ‘the third heaven’”? Well, welcome to Hebrew figurative speech! The first heaven is the atmosphere and sky that we see. The second heaven is the region of stars and the moon and the cosmos and outer space. The third heaven is the dwelling place of God, the heavenly places. Now, let’s note profound things about this account:

1. In verse 2, when he narrates how he was caught up, he says:
…whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows

then he repeats this same phrase in verse 3, which I find very significant. In Hebrew, when emphasis is needed, they don’t use bold or italics or underlines. They use repetition. That’ why the four living creatures before the throne of God cry “Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”, and is why Jesus says “Truly, truly, I say to you…”, or the strongly professing Christians will say “Lord, Lord, did we not…” So Paul emphasizes his statement by repeating:
…whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows

How did Angelica describe her experience? She actually saw herself rising out of her body! This is a well known occult practice called Astral Projection. (Wikipedia – although I strongly disagree with the mention of 2 Corinthians in the Bible section of that article because of what Paul has emphatically repeated above).

Paul did not know, and this was tantamount to the likes of visions that the prophets such as Isaiah saw, e.g. in Isaiah 6.

2. verse 4 is amazing
and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter.
a) and he heard things – it is not explicitly mentioned that he ‘saw’ things, but that he ‘heard’
b) …that cannot be told, which man may not utter – I’ve been using the highly recommended ESV throughout this article, but just to give you a more pointed view of what Paul is saying, the NKJV renders this verse as:
…and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

So basically Paul is saying that he wasn’t even allowed to say what he heard! Why is it that all these people who have had these experiences want to write a book or go on a missionary tour (to famous cities) or start a television program or base entire ministries on it?! If they had the same experience as the apostle Paul, they wouldn’t even be able to speak of what they heard, let alone saw!

3. In verse 7, Paul faces dire consequences as a result of being afforded such an awesome revelation. A thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, is allowed to harass him so that he wouldn’t grow conceited and proud. How contrary to Angelica who continued to have that playful thing she dares call the holy spirit. Oh how easily we stumble.

To round this up, I had mentioned that only Paul and John were allowed to experience the heavenly realms. We’ve looked at Paul, and we’ve seen that he wasn’t even allowed to say what he saw. The other person we have left, John, was specifically told to do the opposite in order to complete the Scriptures. In Revelation 1:11, the voice of Christ, loud like a trumpet, says to him “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches”.

And most importantly, at the end of the book, John sounds a stern warning in Revelation 22:18-19:
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Angelica has unwittingly added to the revelation of hell, heaven, and the last days. And in her incomplete and erroneous accounts of a fictitious heaven and hell, she has again unwittingly taken away from the book. I plead with you, my friends, you shall not add an ‘s’ to the book of Revelation!

I need you to know that I am not here to condemn Angelica. I pray that God will lift the blindness from her eyes and the powerful deception of the ruler of this dark age over her mind. And I pray that none of God’s elect will be swept up in this kind of heresy.

The Exhortation
I’d like to leave you for now with an exhortation from the Scriptures that I believe our Lord Jesus Christ, the only true and living God, wants us to hear from Hebrews 5:12-14:
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

http://www.walblog.kingdomrep.com/from-the-father-of-lies-part-1-visions-of-heaven-hell-and-christ/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Time To Win Against Ebola. / What Are Nigerian Churches Doing For Needy Nigerians? / Atheistic Contradiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.