Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note (16923 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by adebayo6(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
some might thinks its a national issue.... But the family still has rights. Doing that w'out the family consent, in another perspective, is known as PIRACY.

1 Like

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by omonla5: 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
What will it take for us to click on the link and read the full interview rather than commenting on just a single line in the whole article.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by 401kk: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Lol.

Seun shouldn't worry, the note won't be introduced.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by treasuremi1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
som people here are mentioning 'Femi', but the post reads 'Seun'. Please u should understand a post very well before posting ur comments. And i think what Seun said was not out of place. Besides, do nigerians need a #5,000 note? Clueless Government!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by excondido(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
Yaya6: Why should the family be contacted first before using the image on a bank note. this is a national issue not what any Nigerian can wake up to object. And what could be the best way to immortalize someone in this country. On the highest denomination for that matter. Seun is just looking for a cheap popularity jo.
for ur information she was an activist and not a national figure like u meant. even if she is a national, does that means her pics can be used to do whatever the govt dim fit even when it contradicts what the family stands for?
think again buddy.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Clemzy16(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
No doubt, funmilayo kuti is worth appearing on the said-to-be introduced N5000 note. But the problems with Nigerians is that we tends to do things like some bunch of Retarde€NS.. We've all know the kuti's family for being anti-government policies. So far, i don't think They're happy with the new thrend of introducing this said currency, and supporting it just because their grandmother's face is going to be on it will looks kinda absurb. And going against it still with their grandmother's face on it will look even more absurb. So, They've got no other choice than to haire their mind the way they feel.

1 Like

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by excondido(m): 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by bigboyk(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
How does this change the price of garri and kuli kuli in the market?
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by tope3x(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2012
i totally disagree with you..the woman is the property of the KUTI FAMILY..so they have every right to tell the fucking government to take the face of their mama commot for the fucking 5000 shit they're trying to fucking introduce
Abujafood: Funmi Ransome Kuti is a national icon, she isn't the personal property of the Kuti Family but all Nigerians because of her sterling contributions so the family doesn't have to be contacted for permission. It's up to all Nigerians to decide not Kuti's family alone.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by yashau(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
i dey laugh in anikulapo language. ha ha ha igbo igbo.

1 Like

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by sogoisrael(m): 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2012
Abujafood: Funmi Ransome Kuti is a national icon, she isn't the personal property of the Kuti Family but all Nigerians because of her sterling contributions so the family doesn't have to be contacted for permission. It's up to all Nigerians to decide not Kuti's family alone.
that ȋ̝̊̅§ nonsense talk! She was murdered by d same foolish govt! How wuld U̶̲̥̅̊ say she ȋ̝̊̅§ public? E fit b uя mama make U̶̲̥̅̊ gree!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by antywmy: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Psh like we give a damn plus seun pls cbn, ur craze dey craze!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by searay(m): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Chiopatra: At least they wd have informed her family.
...with sample of the N5000 notes
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Abujafood: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
sogoisrael: that ȋ̝̊̅§ nonsense talk! She was murdered by d same foolish govt! How wuld U̶̲̥̅̊ say she ȋ̝̊̅§ public? E fit b uя mama make U̶̲̥̅̊ gree!

I guess if South Africa wants to use the image of Mandela for anything they'll first have to get permission from his family assuming he had died while in prison! By the way, why so rude? Every man is entitled to his opinion!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Gonzaga1010(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
Maybe d man has his own reason
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by osajojo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
Replace her with queen amina of zaria. Need to see that womans face. Heard she walled zaria, don't think her family wud need this protocol
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Chirolechick: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Clemzy16: No doubt, funmilayo kuti is worth appearing on the said-to-be introduced N5000 note. But the problems with Nigerians is that we tends to do things like some bunch of Retarde€NS.. We've all know the kuti's family for being anti-government policies. So far, i don't think They're happy with the new thrend of introducing this said currency, and supporting it just because their grandmother's face is going to be on it will looks kinda absurb. And going against it still with their grandmother's face on it will look even more absurb. So, They've got no other choice than to haire their mind the way they feel.

oga clemz, u just gave me a migraine wt your grammar, please speak English na

1 Like

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by killuminati(m): 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
FG should pay the Kuti's family their potion of the amnesty na... grin
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by tpapi: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
u r an ingrate,even if u dont appreciate it,ur unborn generations will appreciate it
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Generalpipe1: 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
look at the way you are displaying ur ignorance on a public forum like this. B4 she became the mother to all nigerians she was'nt a mother to a family. D Gson's point is fully on course. Its a time we start getting tings done in the rite way. After all is 5k note our problem nw as a nation.?
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by erad(m): 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
I wonder what kind of democratic government this is... The only government that will suddenly increase fuel price on the 1st of a new year without even consulting the stakeholders involved, the government that will sack a member of its cabinet on television when the person hasn't even been officially notified yet, the government that will rename an institution without due consultation with even the management of the school, now the same government is using the image of someone without contacting the family first. The family owns their dead and whatever they require of it is their right. They know what their grandma would have wanted and if they say she wouldn't want this, the government shouldn't act against their wish.
Jonathan wants to surprise his critics in 2013, is it by announcing on election day that Nigeria has been sold to Brazil? There's not much difference between this government and a military government, at least military government won't deceive us with a bunch of unrecognised rights and constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by olivertwist: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
moderatorr: Some fooll comes out to say a great woman's picture shouldnt appear on the national currency note because he happened 2 be his grandson and was not financially contacted by the fg.
Samething the useless daughter did on the renaming of unilag to her father's name.

LOL @ 'financially contacted'. Must everything be about money. Let me ask you, with the current high level of corruption, indiscipline & injustice, if Fela Anikulapo Kuti a.k.a Abami Eda{strange being} is alive today, do you think GEJ and Sanusi Lamido dare mention his mother's name not to talk of using her picture on the currency? Kudos Seun, lion begets a lion.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Omen100(m): 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Everyday the country is degenerating without her citizens knowing.
Many of us here will be quick to conclude that she is a national this or national that? I asked myself many at times after reading through of comments of commentators in most Nigerian social networks, "is this what it takes to be educated" yes I know we have our various views to most national issues but the basic's should not ignored because in as much as we want to emulating the westerners, we have our own traditional ways of doing things, which is the right way to do things, her family should have being informed period, there is no other way to go about it.
We can't say today that the government of America won't inform the Kennedy family if there is a need for any of the Kennedy's to be use in any national momentum. Nigerians please should think logically because it can happen to any of us.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by simdam500(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Although he said, his grandmother will neva approve of it, if she were alive but how his he sure she's not. Am sure It because of dis kind of challenges govt ave decide to use deceased on our currency. So, he cant be sure maybe she wil agree or not and atleast she's late, so it an honour!!!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by dont8(m): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2012
Do I need to tell you that?
Abujafood:

You tell me!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
Her killer is still free...if FG want to honour her,they should get the culprits
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by dont8(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2012
What has Femi got to do with the topic, can't you differenciate between Femi and Seun, hun?
cutievik: Shameful indeed,Nigerians wud never cease to amaze me,It seems from d current post i hv come across Nigerians hv given this harsh economic policy a go ahead,Femi who is knw as a civil ryt activist wud hv discredited this policy saying it wud nt favour the ordinary Nigerian therefore he wud nt want his iconic grand mum to be a part and parcel of the evil but Instead he chose d lame excuse of the family nt properly informed,NLders pls dt let this 'attention seeker' get to u cos to me he's nothing more than Noise!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by PosCaricature: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
NO BI IM EYES. MARIJUANA AT WORK.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
moderatorr: Some fooll comes out to say a great woman's picture shouldnt appear on the national currency note because he happened 2 be his grandson and was not financially contacted by the fg.
Samething the useless daughter did on the renaming of unilag to her father's name.
In one of Fela song, he said they threw her mama out of the window. Put yourself in that position.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
government killed that woman, so why putting her face in that Note, Nigeria Government funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon / President Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs (Photos) / Omisore, Lukman Fight Dirty Over Osun Campaign Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.