Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview (46614 Views)

Watch: Al-jazeera Interview With President Buhari / Adeyanju Deji Apologizes To Oby Ezekwesili Over Attack On #BringBackOurGirls / Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by ShowYourCertificate: 8:06pm On May 02, 2015
Seun Kuti, the son of Afrobeat legend, Fela Kuti has taken a swipe at the former Minister of Education, Obiageli Ezekwesili (Oby Ezekwesili) over her "hard-core" interview with Mehdi Hasan of Al Jazeera.

He took to his Instagram page few minutes ago to lash out at "Madam due process" as popularly called.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-AtsPGb8Ze3M/VUS_3nXJWwI/AAAAAAAAjXo/anCCs9Vj3L8/s1600/ali.PNG[/img]

"Madam Oby. The question is 'was obasanjo corrupt?' Yes or no. Stop putting ur PHD to shame. The 16bn dollars electricity scam u were a part of na him hook ur throat abi?"

Obiageli Ezekwesili, the former World Bank vice president for Africa, and the #BringBackOurGirls campaigner, was not given a chance by hardline interviewer, Mehdi Hasan at the recent interview at Oxford Union in the UK -especially during the part she was asked -whether her former boss, ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo, whom she served under during his tenure, was corrupt.

Watch the rest;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAY04VWpWfE
http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/05/seun-kuti-goes-hard-on-oby-ezekwesili.html

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 02, 2015
oby vs oby

wonder how someone will look obasanjo's ugly face and still love him

obasanjo face wey b like amadioha

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by wachakuta(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by ozoigbondu: 8:09pm On May 02, 2015
She was defending her boyfriend.Nobody rats out the love of their life on live T.V.Bloody hypocrite angry

You can feel the love vibes from them grin

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by MizMyColi(f): 8:10pm On May 02, 2015
It is hard to be neck deep in politics and not be compromised.

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by macpetrus(m): 8:10pm On May 02, 2015
Oby should fine one place sleep abeg..... Aka Madam due Process!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by temitemi1(m): 8:11pm On May 02, 2015
Dem be all thieves, baraoooo, oleeeee... GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 02, 2015
She was defending her Sugardaddy

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by EdCure: 8:14pm On May 02, 2015
Not defending mama BBOG...but she may be right in her assertions about OBJ.
All beliefs are formed by words, and can be changed by words as well. She just wasn't understood.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by IamOdin: 8:18pm On May 02, 2015
mehn! If u aint afraid for your life,she damn is! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Truckpusher(m): 8:19pm On May 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
Are you trying to make excuses for her absolute show of shame during that interview,after putting up all that image of Mrs transparency in a camp of incorruptible ones ?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by jmoore(m): 8:20pm On May 02, 2015
Please pass this certificate to her.

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by EdCure: 8:23pm On May 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
Ironically, she did deny ever being a politician.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by nzeobi(m): 8:24pm On May 02, 2015
Hypocrites everywhere

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by eCollynzo: 8:25pm On May 02, 2015
That shameless ugly hypocritical woman.
Her only grouse with Jonathan is that he didn't offer her an appointement.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Firefire(m): 8:25pm On May 02, 2015
Walahi Oby mess up... undecided

What a hypocrite woman.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by MizMyColi(f): 8:26pm On May 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Are you trying to make excuses for her absolute show of shame during that interview,after putting up all that image of Mrs transparency in a camp of incorruptible ones ?

No, just saying it as is.
I've always had an issue with folks who tout themselves as incorruptible and the next best thing since sliced bread.

I am very dispassionate about Hypocrisy.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by januzaj(m): 8:27pm On May 02, 2015
barcanista:
temitemi1:
barcanista:

19 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Truckpusher(m): 8:29pm On May 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

No, just saying it as is.
I've always had an issue with folks who tout themselves as incorruptible and the next best thing since sliced bread.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
Exactly.

She demonized Jonathan's administration even as her sugar daddy is the bedrock of corruption in Nigeria's politics who also doubles as the chief navigator of the APC. We don't need a soothsayer to tell us that Mrs Ezekwesili is a political jobber.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by abduljabbar4(m): 8:35pm On May 02, 2015
She was asked if Objs tenure was more corrupt than Abachas tenure and of course we all know who is more corrupt. Abachas tenure can only be compared with Gejs tenure

22 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by MizMyColi(f): 8:36pm On May 02, 2015
EdCure:

Ironically, she did deny ever being a politician.

A person who isn't enmeshed in politics does not see the need to become an apologist.
Either by association or commission, she is a politician.
While it is a rather derogatory term, I think Oby does more of politicking.

I can understand her reason for distancing herself from the word.

Despite my interest in politics, I wouldn't want to be referred to as a politician.

But then, it is what it is.

9 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by shininglite(m): 8:38pm On May 02, 2015
she is ready to s***ck buhari's balls
bring back our girls ko ....take back our cattle ni

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by sosanova: 8:40pm On May 02, 2015
she messed up in that interview

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by MizMyColi(f): 8:41pm On May 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Exactly.

She demonized Jonathan's administration even as her sugar daddy is the bedrock of corruption in Nigeria's politics who also doubles as the chief navigator of the APC. We don't need a soothsayer to tell us that Mrs Ezekwesili is a political jobber.

I think she unwittingly entangled herself in some mess(es).

I still see her as a passionate woman who started out, wanting to do the right thing.
And then along the line, veered off course.
More like losing her way.

I can relate though.

Well, I'm usually not in the habit of judging a person's story if I haven't walked their journey.

16 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by ifyan(m): 8:43pm On May 02, 2015
temitemi1:

Abeg complete am I de wait.

But why is it that APC members behave in such a way.

You know. ......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by houstonia(m): 8:44pm On May 02, 2015
shocked[size=15pt] is it just me or this woman is Wogly,

How she tries to defend ObJ isn't really my problem, i just wander how they both look fuccking alike [/size]

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by temitemi1(m): 8:45pm On May 02, 2015
Help me add the rest.
ifyan:

Abeg complete am I de wait.

But why is it that APC members behave in such a way.

You know. ......

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by temitemi1(m): 8:46pm On May 02, 2015
Long time grin
MizMyColi:

I think she unwittingly entangled herself in some mess(es).

I still see her as a passionate woman who started out, wanting to do the right thing.
And then along the line, veered off course.
More like losing her way.

I can relate though.

Well, I'm usually not in the habit of judging a person's story if I haven't walked their journey.
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by EdCure: 8:48pm On May 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

A person who isn't enmeshed in politics does not see the need to become an apologist.
Either by association or commission, she is a politician.
While it is a rather derogatory term, I think Oby does more of politicking.

I can understand her reason for distancing herself from the word.

Despite my interest in politics, I wouldn't want to be referred to as a politician.
But then, it is what it is.
Not trying to sound chauvinistic, but few women would want to be identified as politicians owing to the negative perception of the subject matter, and the African perspective on gender role of women in the society.

There's nothing wrong with being called a politician, if, as in her case, you are one.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by MizMyColi(f): 8:49pm On May 02, 2015
temitemi1:
Long time grin

No see jarey.
How every?smiley
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Kenai: 8:50pm On May 02, 2015
Madam Due Process was really blown open in that interview. Let's not even sugarcoat it.
Watch the interview and see for yourself:

[flash=640,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAY04VWpWfE[/flash]

Clearly, Dr. Oby's understanding of a politician is a "member of a political party", but Mehdi was quick to point out to her that holding 2 ministerial positions, acting as adviser to the president and serving as World Bank Vice President already made her a politician.
Her shameless defence of Obasanjo's administration also exposed her as a hypocrite.

7:43

Mehdi: Sure you would agree that the root causes of Boko Haram aren't just the radical Islamist ideology but also political grievances and marginalisation. And don't you think members of the political elite like yourself should also take responsibility for neglecting them?

Oby: I have been very vocal about the failure of the political elite class which I am a part of. I mean, I'm not going to pretend like a belong to a lonely class...

Mehdi: Well, with respect to other instances where you have said you were not a politician, I'm glad you're finally accepting that today.

Oby: But no, I am not a politician.

Mehdi: Really? Then what are you?

Oby, I do not belong to a political party...

Mehdi: But you were a government minister?

Oby: Well, that's where you're wrong...

Mehdi: So you weren't a government minister?

Oby: Well, we do not practice the West's minister type of government. We practice presidential system...

Mehdi: Ministers are not politicians?

Oby: I became a politician without having to carry Party cards and dance in the village.

Mehdi.. Your definition of a politician is a person who does not belong to a party? If you were the Minister of education, If you were the minister of solid minerals, if you were the vice president of world bank, If you were an adviser to African presidents, you're not a politician?

Oby: well...

Mehdi: That's a very narrow definition.

Oby: Well... ehm... well... it depends on how brrrrrrroadly...

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:52pm On May 02, 2015
She went to the interview unprepared. I'm surprised she didn't anticipate those questions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Wins Muchalla Ward( Mubi North LGA) Adamawa State / Ruga: Femi Fani-Kayode Asks Atiku 3 Questions, A Troll Replies Him / Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.