Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Reasons You Have Not Been Getting The Jobs You Applied For - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Reasons You Have Not Been Getting The Jobs You Applied For (697 Views)

Nairaland Has Shown Me Where The Jobs Are / He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons You Have Not Been Getting The Jobs You Applied For by akannium(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
the points that are going to be highlighted here are vital points in which anyone that applies them would secure his/her dream job. As graduates many of us think we have graduated with a good grade i.e a 2nd class upper. So we think we would automatically get the job. We must know that a first-class in school does not translate to a first class knowledge about securing a job. Havev't you seen people that were 'smart alecs' in school but don't eventually get their dream jobs? So i guess you asking what the solution is to this nagging problem? Well the solution lies in the tests we do before getting the job. What am i sayin? I mean it starts from the day you heard about the vacancy. The way you write your CV matters. A good CV need not be written based on your discretion but on the standard format. Secondly, you write an aptitude test. Many people think the questions that would be asked can't exceed '1+1 and singular and plural'. They have forgotten thousands of people are coming for the same exam, so the examiner has to step up his game by asking you questions that have to do with how academically sound you are. The third point is the skill test. This is where you are asked questions relating to your field of study. Also you could be asked questions about the nature of the job you are seeking. Google search engine could help with some of this. Lastly, the oral test i.e interview. As simple as it sounds, it could eliminate the interviewee, so i suggest you read books on passing interviews. I wish you all the best.
Re: Reasons You Have Not Been Getting The Jobs You Applied For by maigaskiya1: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
akannium: the points that are going to be highlighted here are vital points in which anyone that applies them would secure his/her dream job. As graduates many of us think we have graduated with a good grade i.e a 2nd class upper. So we think we would automatically get the job. We must know that a first-class in school does not translate to a first class knowledge about securing a job. Havev't you seen people that were 'smart alecs' in school but don't eventually get their dream jobs? So i guess you asking what the solution is to this nagging problem? Well the solution lies in the tests we do before getting the job. What am i sayin? I mean it starts from the day you heard about the vacancy. The way you write your CV matters. A good CV need not be written based on your discretion but on the standard format. Secondly, you write an aptitude test. Many people think the questions that would be asked can't exceed '1+1 and singular and plural'. They have forgotten thousands of people are coming for the same exam, so the examiner has to step up his game by asking you questions that have to do with how academically sound you are. The third point is the skill test. This is where you are asked questions relating to your field of study. Also you could be asked questions about the nature of the job you are seeking. Google search engine could help with some of this. Lastly, the oral test i.e interview. As simple as it sounds, it could eliminate the interviewee, so i suggest you read books on passing interviews. I wish you all the best.
also wen u lack d blesings of fad abraham

(1) (Reply)

IRS (islamic Studies) Teacher Needed In An International School In Ikorodu, Lago / Urgent Vacancy For A Recruitment Associate / Urgent Vacancies For Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.