Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Trinity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity (7319 Views)

About The Trinity / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2008
babs787:

@pilgrim.1

Now can you please answer these questions?

What is the Greek word for God in the second statement?
What is the Greek word for God in the last statement?

pilgrim.1:

@babs787,

WHY then have you been recycling issues you do not know ANYTHING about, babs787?

You have no clues about what you argue, and then you have the temerity to accuse that the Bible has been altered and changed?

That is why I asked those questions, babs. . . and I am still remaining on just that one premise of not entertaining your games. Since you never seek to genuinely answer questions and all you do is keep DENYING every verse, then you leave me no option that to request that you crawl out of your shell and begin to seek to answer questions.

Until you do so, none of the other questions that you assumed to have prffered wilol be addressed. It is easy to make denials, but not easy to find answers to them.
Re: Trinity by babs787(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2008
@pilgrim.1

It seems you are not ready for me but when you are ready call on me for explanation to John 1 v 1.

You may ask any Jehovah Witness for the Greek meaning of the word I asked you and when you are through, call on me to provide further explanation on that.

Your trinity has been nailed to the wall.

Let us shed more light into the issue of trinity.

Christians use 1st epistle of john 5 v 7 as the verse on trinity wich goes this way:

for there are there that bear record in heaven, the father, the word and the holy spirit and thse three are one.Are there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water and the blood and these three agree in one.

The above is in King James Version authorised in 1611 and formed the strongest evidence for the Doctrine of the Trinity. But now this part, 'the father, the word and the holy ghost; and these three are one' has been expunged in the Revised Standard Version of 1952 and 1971 and in many other bibles as it was a gloss that had encroached on the Greek test.

I john 5 v 7 and 8 in the New American Standard Bible read as follows; 'and it is the spirit who bears witness because the spirit is truth. For there are three that bear witness, the spirit, and the water and the blood and the three are in agreement.

Also in the New World Translation of Holy Scriptures used by Jehovah Witness, you will find 'for there are three witness bearers, the spirit and the water and the blood and the three are in agreement'.

[b]Trinity is not biblical, it is not even in the bible, not in bible dictionaries, Jesus never taught trinity nor mentioned same. There is no basis or proof in the bible for the acceptance of trinity.[/[/b]quote]
Re: Trinity by olabowale(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2008
@Defidixone: I am amazed about your statement, concerning Islam, yet you want be to just be idle and not say anything? You forget that am a Muslim, regardless of my using a Yoruba name? I also have a Muslim name. But thats beside the point.
Olabawole! abi wetin be your name. You be special case in this forum please let Babs decide for himself.
: In Islam, the whole Muslim ummah is a single body. When one part is sick, the whole body feel seek and feel the pain. Babs and me worship the same Lord while you have three heads of personality God.  We have the same Angels, while you have Lucifer. We have the beliefs in the same Books Al Qur'an while you believe in Watered down Bible. We have the same prophets, while you believe some and reject at least one or more. Babs had already decided by rejecting your Kafr live. And my name is Olabowale!
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2008
@babs787,

babs787:

@pilgrim.1

It seems you are not ready for me but when you are ready call on me for explanation to John 1 v 1.

You may ask any Jehovah Witness for the Greek meaning of the word I asked you and when you are through, call on me to provide further explanation on that.

Your trinity has been nailed to the wall.

When you learn to drop your hypocrisy, you will face up to intelligence that Muslims only wish for. Trying to play games and expecting me to keep chasing your Islamic ducking every now and then is not going to glorify Islam.

You drop your hypocrisy, then we can enter into a discourse.
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

In Islam, the whole Muslim ummah is a single body. When one part is sick, the whole body feel seek and feel the pain.

Sorry, with 72 parts (sects), the whole body must be seriously sick indeed!
Re: Trinity by babs787(m): 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2008
@pilgrim.1

When you learn to drop your hypocrisy, you will face up to intelligence that Muslims only wish for. Trying to play games and expecting me to keep chasing your Islamic ducking every now and then is not going to glorify Islam.

When you are ready and want to know more about christianity, answer these questions

What is the Greek word for God in the second statement?
What is the Greek word for God in the last statement?

And you should know that:

Trinity is not biblical, it is not even in the bible, not in bible dictionaries, Jesus never taught trinity nor mentioned same. There is no basis or proof in the bible for the acceptance of trinity.
[quote][/quote]
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2008
babs787:

@pilgrim.1

When you are ready and want to know more about christianity, answer these questions

And you should know that:

Being frantic already, are you? grin My response is still the same:

pilgrim.1:

@babs787,

Re: Trinity by babs787(m): 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2008
@dafidixone

Can you help me beg your sister, pilgrim.1 to respond to my question?
cool
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2008
babs787:

@dafidixone

Can you help me beg your sister, pilgrim.1 to respond to my question?
cool

No one needs to do any begging here. My response remains the same until you drop your hypocrisy:

pilgrim.1:

@babs787,

Re: Trinity by Bobbyaf(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2008
Babs787 its an already accepted fact that the word Trinity is not found in the bible. The concept of three distinct persons does however exist in scriptures.

Let me show you several texts that highlight that concept:

Daniel 7:13,14 13 “ I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him. 14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.

From this text alone its evident that there are two distinct persons. The Ancient of Days is the Father and the Son of Man is Jesus.

This represents the judgement scene in heaven where Jesus is now our High Priest interceding on our behalf in that same judgement in which all men are judged.

Revelation 5
1 And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals.

2 Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?”

3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it.

4 So I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll, or to look at it.

5 But one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals.”

6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.

The He in the 7th verse is Jesus, and the Him in the same verse is the Father.

You may be asking "so where is the Holy Ghost in all of this?" My response would be thus, The third member of the Godhead or Trinity as we term it as christians is very much a mystery in the fullest sense. We are not sure what He looks like. We only know of His work in our lives as Christians.

The Spirit of God participated in creation. He empowered Samson in OT times. He inspired and empowered Elijah and Elisha, and all the writers of original scriptures.

So our use of the word trinity is merely to paint a clearer picture of what God as a title constitutes. Its One God, but three persons who share the title.
Re: Trinity by olabowale(m): 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2008
Some people are tickled pink because of the what luv2talk wrote: I can not find the thread where in he misspoke/miswritten, that Jesus died for truth. I guess that he was for sure going to write that Jesus will die for truth when he returns. Or if his intention was about prior to Jesus being raised up, i am very sure that he intended to write that Jesus did not die but stood for truth.

As a Muslim, he would not find any other thing about the life and death of Jesus and his mission more than I have written above. If anyone will care to check the Qur'an, even the translation, and the hadith, and the story of the prophets, there is no single indication that Jesus has died and that his mission was different from any prior prophet's mission and the mission of the only prophet that came after him.

However if luv2talk is not a Muslim, he can say whatever he wants about whatever. But Islam has its material sources from the Book of Ar Rahman, the Qur'an and Hadith/sunnah from Muhammad (as) the chief servant/slave of Allah the Ar Rahman. There is no point having any opinion different from Allah and His Messenger. All we have to say is that we hear and we obey. And ask for forgiveness.
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

Some people are tickled pink because of the what luv2talk wrote: I can not find the thread where in he misspoke/miswritten, that Jesus died for truth.

Lol. . . you cannot find the thread where he made that bloviate - because you chose to conveniently misapply yourself to the wrong thread searching for your missing clues. grin

Go to the following thread and see where the saga was stated:

~ (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101418.0.html#msg1782433)

~ (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101418.0.html#msg1822240)

~ (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101418.0.html#msg1822996)

olabowale:

I guess that he was for sure going to write that Jesus will die for truth when he returns. Or if his intention was about prior to Jesus being raised up, i am very sure that he intended to write that Jesus did not die but stood for truth.

Your cover-up still does not make any sense here. Unless you have more seasoned excuses, let this onw blow as the chaff they were intended to be. grin

olabowale:

As a Muslim, he would not find any other thing about the life and death of Jesus and his mission more than I have written above. If anyone will care to check the Qur'an, even the translation, and the hadith, and the story of the prophets, there is no single indication that Jesus has died and that his mission was different from any prior prophet's mission and the mission of the only prophet that came after him.

We've checked and exposed the FACT that there is no correlation between Jesus Christ and Muhammad. Any more excuses?

olabowale:

However if luv2talk is not a Muslim, he can say whatever he wants about whatever.

Very quick to push other Muslims out of your 72 sick ummah, abi? grin

olabowale:

But Islam has its material sources from the Book of Ar Rahman, the Qur'an and Hadith/sunnah from Muhammad (as) the chief servant/slave of Allah the Ar Rahman. There is no point having any opinion different from Allah and His Messenger. All we have to say is that we hear and we obey. And ask for forgiveness.

Yeah. . . no need to even employ your brains and consciences in understanding what you read in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Well done - no wonder we keep our fingers crossed for Muslim intelligence and scholarship. grin
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2008
Lol. . . olabowale, why the hide-and-seek? grin

Okay, I don waka. I will leave the Forum for another LOOOOOOOONG break! By the time I return, hopefully, you will have plenty for us to rub minds on! grin

Cherio!
Re: Trinity by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2008
PLEASE NOTE I AM REPEATING THE POSTING OF THIS MESSAGE IN MOST THREADS IN OTHER TO MAKE SURE THAT THOSE PEOPLE MENTIONED GET THE MESSAGE I AM TRYING TO PASS ACROSS, I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVINIENCES IT MIGHT CAUSE OTHER THREAD USERS,

Pilgrim.1, Davidylan, How are you, sorry you didn't I didn't post , statements and comments at all, for a while.

They were due to the following reasons:

1. I didn't have anything to say
2. I realise it was useless trying to convince them (@bab787, @olabowale and co) about something , when Satan has already blinded them to the truth. They themselves have decided to look for loopholes (where there is none) within the bible and lies with which to continue living a lie, and choose not to believe
3. I realised that their (@babs787, et al) would not come by arguing with them , instead it would come via the HolySpirit, ministering to them.

Let us remember that is , He (God) is the one who saved us, , so He is the One who would save them, Our own job as true Christians is just to , "SOW THE SEED OF THE GOOD NEWS OF CHRIST".

Whether or not " They choose to be infertile ground or grounds filled with thorns " is not really our perogative.

4. Finally I have noticed that "they are living for the now , while we are living for the now and then", so just like Jesus instructed the disciples there comes a time when we are supposed to dust our feet and leave

By the way pilgrim.1 and Davidylan, please find attached, some video links that have helped me to understand certain lies , deceit and indoctrination of "Evolution", I hope it helps you to see the truth as it has helped me to see the truth.

http://www.loudcry.org/main/video/Dr_Kent_Hovind_PhD/seminar_videos/7_questions_and_answers_part_2.avi

http://www.loudcry.org/main/video/Dr_Kent_Hovind_PhD/seminar_videos/7_questions_and_answers_part_1.avi

http://www.loudcry.org/main/video/Dr_Kent_Hovind_PhD/seminar_videos/7_questions_and_answers_part_4.avi

http://www.loudcry.org/main/video/Dr_Kent_Hovind_PhD/seminar_videos/7_questions_and_answers_part_3.avi

http://drdino.plaingospel.com/seminar2.wmv

http://drdino.icsrepair.com/videos/lowbitrate/seminar4_low.wmv

http://drdino.icsrepair.com/videos/lowbitrate/seminar3_low.wmv

http://drdino.plaingospel.com/seminar5.wmv

http://www.loudcry.org/main/video/Dr_Kent_Hovind_PhD/seminar_videos/6_the_hovind_theory_part_5.avi

http://www.loudcry.org/main/video/Dr_Kent_Hovind_PhD/seminar_videos/7_questions_and_answers_part_5.avi

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v27/i4/Wang.asp

http://www.drdino.com/drdinoLinks.php

Finally false doctrine contributes to doubts in ones life and faith in God : below is a link to something on false doctrine which can and might
have led many Christians astray:

http://www.ovrlnd.com/FalseDoctrine/drakesbible.html

To you @babs787, @olabowale , and co, the wise and intelligent thing to do (instead of being dogmatic about issues) is to try and find out why those Christians that were formerly "either so called Moderate Muslims" and "Fanatical Muslims" decided to turn away from their ways and decide to become Christians. At least the truth is that some of them were probably as confrontation and unyielding in their statements as you "seem" to be. It would help you to at least prove for yourself by asking them "WHY" they left islam for Christ.

Unless you take joy in trying to "windup everybody" just for the sake of it, it would help you to conduct truthful research and analysis into why former terrorist, moderate muslims, fanatical muslims, decided to risk everything (life, job and family) all for the purpose of becoming a TRUE CHRISTIAN.

Pilgrim.1 and Davidylan stay blessed and in the hope of salvation through CHRIST
Re: Trinity by olabowale(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2008
@Bobbyaf:
Babs787 its an already accepted fact that the word Trinity is not found in the bible. The concept of three distinct persons does however exist in scriptures.
Let me show you several texts that highlight that concept:
Daniel 7:13,14    13 “ I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him. 14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
From this text alone its evident that there are two distinct persons. The Ancient of Days is the Father and the Son of Man is Jesus.
This represents the judgement scene in heaven where Jesus is now our High Priest interceding on our behalf in that same judgement in which all men are judged.
: First we are happy to know that Trinity is only an IDEA and not a clearly defined WORD, in the Bible. However, the Qur'an stated the word TRINITY, very clearly and states that it is a lie. The Qur'an states that people should desist from the word or the concept behind the word! And from the verses in Daniel that you quoted above, it is very unclear and therefore difficult to know who is the Him who 'all peoples, nations, and languages is to serve?' From the verse we see that whoever that Him is, is the only Him from the two Him(s) that should be served. So here is your problem, Bobbyaf, which is the Him to be served God, who the other Him was brought before or Jesus (One like the son of man) who is the Him that was brought before the Him, which is God? Get yourself out of this shalanga. I wanna see how you will do it. I will be watching, okay! I am ready to throw you back into it, again and again!

Revelation 5  
1 And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals.
2 Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?”
3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it.
4 So I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll, or to look at it.
5 But one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals.”
6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
The He in the 7th verse is Jesus, and the Him in the same verse is the Father.
 : See you and see confusion, Bobbyaf, you can in the first verse tell us who is the Him sitting, very misteriousmysteriousecond verse, the Angel is nameless, too. Verse three is so unreal am gonna just ask you, why are still a Christian when your religion is shroudded shrouded? Think man, think. You can do better. Ta ba fe je a sha ka , a je ashaka, ta ba fe de je osoko, a je osoko, e wo ni ti shakanshoko? This is so confusing and you accept this from the writer, who was still alive at the time of writing? I am very sure that he is in hell by now because of his huge lies! Who was the elder that spoke to thie writer again? No name I bet, just as I thought. Four living creatures? Name them and give us their nature, individually please. Are they created by God or what? You should never have quoted the seven eye, seven horn thing! This is purely ridiculous statement. The heart is not thinking? You probably have the image concept of God in the same dimentionsdimensionsframe as that of human being! You are so wrong. God is different and there is nothing that His creation, human/Jesus in this have that is similar to God. God is separate and apart from human beings and the human beings.

You may be asking "so where is the Holy Ghost in all of this?" My response would be thus, The third member of the Godhead or Trinity as we term it as christiansChristiansuch a mystery in the fullest sense. We are not sure what He looks like. We only know of His work in our lives as Christians.
The Spirit of God participated in creation. He empowered Samson in OT times. He inspired and empowered Elijah and Elisha, and all the writers of original scriptures.
So our use of the word trinity is merely to paint a clearer picture of what God as a title constitutes. Its One God, but three persons who share the title.
: Be real Bobbyaf. Just step back and listen to yourself. Now we know from your mouth, at least , and I will give you a leeway to escape, you can change your mind, still, but you are standing firm, you have confirmed to us that 1/3 of your Lord/God is misery,. You do not know anything about it. While another 1/3 was killed off, by a gangland style banditos, of Children of Israel! You also told us now that Trinity is a mere painting brush to produce a clearer picture of what the constituents/consistency of Christian God is. Bobbyaf, does everything have to be in picture, before your mature mind can accept it? We know what you have done with Children of Israel person named Jesus, who is now a blue eye blond Arian man. In 1999 he was a daiperred diaperedrican, AmericanabGerberng chilikingptioned Millenium Millenniums! What iis it thaisou people wouldn't do for attention?

Now tell us, how tall is your God, sitting on the throne? Am waiting Bobbyaf. You see how ridiculous is your Trinity concept is, if only you use your heart.
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Bobbyaf: : First we are happy to know that Trinity is only an IDEA and not a clearly defined WORD, in the Bible. However, the Qur'an stated the word TRINITY, very clearly and states that it is a lie.

The LIE stated in the Qur'an was actually Muhammad's lies of assuming that the Trinity comprised the Father, the Son and MARY. We have asked this question again and again as to where Muhammad got that fallacy - for the Bible never once assumed that Mary was part of the Trinity.
Re: Trinity by Bobbyaf(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2008
However, the Qur'an stated the word TRINITY, very clearly and states that it is a lie. The Qur'an states that people should desist from the word or the concept behind the word!

The problem is we believe in the bible and not the Qu'ran.

And from the verses in Daniel that you quoted above, it is very unclear and therefore difficult to know who is the Him who 'all peoples, nations, and languages is to serve?'

The expression "Son of man" was used by Christ to describe Himself while He was here on earth. Its an expression that reveals the important work of Christ in heaven in that Christ is the only one that fully understands what its like to become human as God. God became flesh the scripture says.

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

The Him in John is the very same Him that approached the Father in Daniel 7. Jesus is fully God who became fully man, and addressed Himself while on earth as "the Son of man" This same "son of man" is the same person who approached His Father in the judgment scene in heaven.

There can be no confusion as to who the verse is talking about. That section of the book of Daniel highlights the present judgment taking place in heaven as we speak. Daniel was assuring God's people that even though the Anti-Christ would make war with the righteous and persecute them, it would not escape the righteous judgment of God who is taking note of everything done on earth.

From the verse we see that whoever that Him is, is the only Him from the two Him(s) that should be served. So here is your problem, Bobbyaf, which is the Him to be served God, who the other Him was brought before or Jesus (One like the son of man) who is the Him that was brought before the Him, which is God? Get yourself out of this shalanga. I want to see how you will do it. I will be watching, okay! I am ready to throw you back into it, again and again!

I think you know who that "him" is, but are afraid to confess it. Daniel the prophet made it abundantly clear. The point is Jesus before He came to this earth was always representing heaven. Jesus was and still is the chief mouth piece of God the Father. That is why He visited Abraham before the destruction of Sodom. That is why He visited Moses in the burning bush.
Re: Trinity by olabowale(m): 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2008
I see your point Bobbyaf. Jesus is the one that came to Abraham before the destruction of Sodom. Thats what you said. We knew from that affairs, that what appeared to Abraham was in Physical. So therefore, we see that you are saying that Jesus came to Abraham in a physical form, like a man with other man (Maybe that was an Angel or what was Jesus physical appearance partner on the way to Sodom?). That was his first physical appearance or there was any before this time?

Then later, many century after, he appeared to Moses at the burning bush, right? This time, not physical, yes? Now we see that your brand of Jesus is fluctuating between being in spiritual form and being in physical form, going back and forth in this, until he was in his mother's womb! By the way who was it that appeared to his mother, to tell her about the impending future birth? Was that Jesus, too? From your Bible who was it that overshadowed Mary (Mounted her and got her pregnant)? You see why your believe in the Bible will lead you straight to the punishment destination known as Hellfire?

If your brand Jesus is god, he did not have the quality of God. He was not able to stand firm and die like a believer! Yet God is the Lord of the believers. There is no believer that will be crying in the face of death! Your god could not even stand firm and take it like an ordinary believer, yet he created death for the means of bringing creation to the stage of judgement day.
Re: Trinity by Bobbyaf(m): 12:02am On Jan 06, 2008
If your brand Jesus is god, he did not have the quality of God. He was not able to stand firm and die like a believer! Yet God is the Lord of the believers. There is no believer that will be crying in the face of death! Your god could not even stand firm and take it like an ordinary believer, yet he created death for the means of bringing creation to the stage of judgment day.

That is the very same kind of mockery that the Jews and Romans carried out against Jesus you see. Its so funny to hear some Moslems speak of Jesus as a prophet, yet now you say He didn't stand firm as a believer.

What would you do if you had to bear the sins of the world from all ages, and had your own soul crushed by sin? Your little insignificant mind cannot begin to grasp the kind of suffering that Jesus had to go through. Don't forget He was 100% human. Don't forget He had completely submitted to His Father. Don't forget that it took more courage and control on the part of Jesus to face mockery and ridicule knowing how much power He had at His disposal. That is called extreme love.

And by the way I know you know all the answers to the questions you have asked me. So why bother to ask?
Re: Trinity by olabowale(m): 12:20am On Jan 06, 2008
@Bobbyaf: Wake up from the comatose condition you put your Soul! You lie through the teeth to create your brand of Jesus. That is a fake Jesus and you know it. And that Jesus is different and apart from Muslim's Jesus. Muslims Jesus was a noble prophet, who respected his mother, and defended her. That was his first miracle, while still in the cradle. Muslim Jesus preached only One God and not the multiple personality god that you are carrying all over the places.

You see I can talk to you straight. But do not give me that meek personality that you are displaying here. I am neither a Jew nor Roman, in belief or in ethnicity. I am a Yoruba Muslim. And I know better! Muhammad, by the Qur'an that was revealed on him and his Sunnah and Hadith that he explained the verses by, is enough for me to follow and his instructions are just what I need for my cradle to grave guidance.
Re: Trinity by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 06, 2008
olabowale:

@Bobbyaf: Wake up from the comatose condition you put your Soul! You lie through the teeth to create your brand of Jesus. That is a fake Jesus and you know it. And that Jesus is different and apart from Muslim's Jesus. Muslims Jesus was a noble prophet, who respected his mother, and defended her. That was his first miracle, while still in the cradle. Muslim Jesus preached only One God and not the multiple personality god that you are carrying all over the places.

You see I can talk to you straight. But do not give me that meek personality that you are displaying here. I am neither a Jew nor Roman, in belief or in ethnicity. I am a Yoruba Muslim. And I know better! Muhammad, by the Qur'an that was revealed on him and his Sunnah and Hadith that he explained the verses by, is enough for me to follow and his instructions are just what I need for my cradle to grave guidance.

Someone is revealing their true nature.
Ah-mad-du-du-lie E be like say Jihad has come to nairaland grin
wa lie hi ta lie hi
Re: Trinity by Bobbyaf(m): 12:30am On Jan 06, 2008
@ olabowale

Keep talking. Keep dreaming. I have no time to waste debating the obvious grin
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 6:53am On Jan 06, 2008
@olabowale,

Please endure me just this one. I know I said earlier that I would be away for a LOOOOOOONG break - it will come; just had a few hours to spend clearing my desk, so I thought to visit again.

olabowale:

You lie through the teeth to create your brand of Jesus. That is a fake Jesus and you know it. And that Jesus is different and apart from Muslim's Jesus. Muslims Jesus was a noble prophet, who respected his mother, and defended her.

. . . And I know better! Muhammad, by the Qur'an that was revealed on him and his Sunnah and Hadith that he explained the verses by, is enough for me to follow and his instructions are just what I need for my cradle to grave guidance.

I have a few observations, though:

This idea of a "Muslim Jesus" does not make any sense - not even when one has to examine issues with a sane conscience from Islamic sources. Muhammad never spoke of ANOTHER or a DIFFERENT Jesus - in his teaching, there was nothing like a "Muslim Jesus" as distinguished from a "Christian Jesus". If anything at all, the one who came over to borrow and plagiarize Biblical narratives was Muhammad - he came to pirate verses from the Bible, and not the other way round of Christians and Jews visiting the Qur'an to borrow anything for their faiths.

Second, the concept of a DIFFERENT or ANOTHER Jesus (Muslim Jesus) is a public disgrace and embarrassment to the Muslim ummah. If there is such a concept at all, WHY have you Muslims been debating Christians and cursing Jews if you have a different "Muslim Jesus" and not rather leave them peacefully to their own Jewish and Christian Jesus? WHY have Muslims been trying to wage an eternal war with Christians and Jews over a non-existent "Muslim Jesus"?

Third, you know as well that the Muslim Jesus theory would entail that every single reference to Biblical figures in the Qur'an will also have to be DIFFERENT and UNBIBLICAL. It would mean that you are speaking of:

~ a Muslim MARY, and

~ a Muslim Abraham, and

~ a Muslim John the Baptist

~ a Muslim Moses, etc -

. . .all without reference to the Bible!

Fourth, the whole theory of a Muslim Jesus is a farce - and you know it. You may run behind that excuse as best suits your pride and ego, because you have met the end of the cave after the fraud in the Qur'an has been exposed. Muhammad's claims of being in the same ranks as the Biblical prophets therefore has been rubbished by your theory of a Muslim Jesus, because you do not realize that it further highlights the FACT that Muhammad had nothing to do with the Bible. This would mean that whoever Muhammad addressed as 'Allah' must have had it so confused as to make references to the Bible where Muslims like you are now coming out to say NO, it is not the Jesus in the Bible and Muhammad is not in the Bible! So, was 'Allah' misleading you guys, or are your arguments superior to his? (I do not want to say here that 'Allah' LIED to you - the last time I did, it cost me my friendship with a long-time Muslim friend).

But if that so-called Muslim Jesus is examined closely, one finds that your theory does not hold - and we would have to be amazed by what Muhammad said about that same "MUSLIM JESUS". Have you closely examined the FACTS - and are you happy with the same descriptions of your Muslim Jesus in the Sunnah and Hadiths?

In the Sunnah and Hadiths, Muhammad described your "Muslim Jesus" as a man who couldn't even trust himself and goes about making false allegations.

Before your blood boils over, please carefully examine the FACTS for yourself from the same Sunnah and Hadiths that you pride your conscience upon:

~ That the "Muslim Jesus" could not trust himself:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Num. 653:
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Jesus, seeing a man stealing,
asked him, 'Did you steal?, He said, 'No, by Allah, except Whom there is
None who has the right to be worshipped'
Jesus said, 'I believe in Allah and suspect my eyes." duh!

I do not want to offend people unnecessarily. But if I come back anyday and see your rascal denials of the FACTS, I will rapidly post a dozen verses from the same Sunnah and Hadiths to show what Muhammad thought of the "Muslim Jesus".
Re: Trinity by olabowale(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2008
@Nwando: Ko ree so un. Oro e o se dasi. Go sedoun with ya Oga! I remember your Islamic regards for women. Then I began to compare the Muslim wives still bearing their fathers names versus the non Muslims wives who are immediately required to take the husbands family names. The ones who do not take the husbands family names are considered feminists and or two independent. You see the value of Islam now. If you had married a Muslim, you will not be Mrs. Nwando , but will still be able to carry the name of your father. Then I went further to the traditional Igbo wedding rites. The wives are required to get a drink (liquor) and kneel down in front of their husbands to offer it to him! See, in Islam all kneeling belongs to Allah! If you had married to a Muslim, that kneeling down, would have been avoided!

My nature is not knew to you. You have known it all the while, except that you are pretending, as usual.

@Bobbyaf: Since you have three heads of a single god, you almost sound as if your religion is Hindu. And rightfully so, it is a derivative of it. Three in One is also within it and other ancient civilisation religions. The Islamic answer to your father god, is There is Only One God. That God has no Beginning, no Ending, He was not begotten and He beget none and nothing is similar to Him! To your son god, is Jesus, a mere human prophet/messenger to the Children of Israel. And your holy ghost god, is Angel Gabriel (Ruuh, Ruuh Qudus, Malaika Jibril, etc), a mere tool of God, just like every Angel. And just like everything else, in creation.
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

The Islamic answer to your father god, is There is Only One God. That God has no Beginning, no Ending,

The Biblical answer to your vexations is that Muhammad DENIED the Fatherhood of God which the OLD TESTAMENT prophets declared right from the Torah all through to the prophecies of the prophets who came after Moses!

We've been through this issue before, you never sought to discuss but went about deliberately deriding what you have no clues about simply because Muhammad has been exposed for the false prophet that he is!

olabowale:

He was not begotten and He beget none and nothing is similar to Him!

Then certainly, you have no clue that you have rubbished the Qur'an - because 'Allah' who claimed to have sent down the Zabur (Psalms) to Dabid must obviously have forgotten that the same David wrote in the Psalms by inspiration that God was speaking directly when He said:

Psalm 2:7
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,
Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Did 'Allah' not see this verse in the Zabur BEFORE he sent Muhammad with an Arabic Qur'an to claim that he came to confirm it! The one thing you guys are expert at is to DENY and rubbish even what you claim you believe in!

olabowale:

To your son god, is Jesus, a mere human prophet/messenger to the Children of Israel.

Another LIE. I have already shared VERSES to show that He is the Saviour of the WORLD - and MANY Jews believed on Him as well as Gentiles who are in the multitude! If Jesus was merely for the Jews, why do YOU, olabowale as a yoruba man believe in the same Jesus? Don't you see how you further rubbish your own claims in the Qur'an?

If Jesus was merely for the Israelites, you have no reason to believe in Him as YOUR prophet - and the Qur'an will be a FRAUD that it actually is!

olabowale:

And your holy ghost god, is Angel Gabriel (Ruuh, Ruuh Qudus, Malaika Jibril, etc), a mere tool of God, just like every Angel. And just like everything else, in creation.

Sorry, it was Muhammad who misconceived the idea that the Biblical Holy Spirit was angel Gabriel (Jibril). Further, the angel Gabriel does not press anybody in any cave - so go and find out who pressed Muhammad in the cave and gave him such a fright that he could not tell the difference between the Holy Spirit and Gabriel!! cheesy
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2008
@olabowale,

What is all the hide-and-seek about? grin

Okay, I know I am supposed to be on break - I will take off soon. . . my schedule during the week is very busy!

But just learn to be human enough to respect the convictions of Christians. You cannot use Muhammad's denials to be castigating the Bible after YOU have quoted from it to accredit Muhammad's adventures.

Let us discuss - if you want to. But if you would rather be appearing and disappearing to make brigand remarks against Christianity and the Bible, em. . . I may not take too lightly to your attitude, and will take time out to address your vexations whenever I return (however long that takes).

Enjoy your Muslim holiday and be good! grin
Re: Trinity by olabowale(m): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2008
Bobbyaf:
@ olabowale
Keep talking. Keep dreaming. I have no time to waste debating the obvious
: Yardee, the obvious thing here is that you call a common man god!
Re: Trinity by Bobbyaf(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2008
On that day when He comes back you'll see who is common,
Re: Trinity by dafidixone(m): 11:19am On Jan 07, 2008
Babs and me worship the same Lord while

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Wake up old man.

Only Babs know the Lord he is serving. cool grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Trinity by babs787(m): 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2008
@Bobbyaf

Are you trying to say that Jesus is God?

@ dafidixone

Wake up old man.

Only Babs know the Lord he is serving.

What is that supposed to mean?
Re: Trinity by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2008
Why do the ignorant find it difficult to understand that God is a trinity when man himself is a trinity? Man exists in 3 different manifestations namely body(flesh), spirit and soul. Since both christian and islamic scriptures agree that we are made in God's image, it is LOGICAL to trace our triune self to our creator Himself since He too exists in 3 different manifestations which includes flesh(Jesus) and spirit (Holy Spirit).

Now the question is: since we are triune beings, are we 3 different people or just ONE person? if you can answer this question, you will understand the term "TRIUNITY" wink
Re: Trinity by pilgrim1(f): 8:03am On Jan 09, 2008
kalokalo:

Since both christian and islamic scriptures agree that we are made in God's image,

It is the Bible that makes clear the fact that man is (a) made in God's image; and (b) man is a triune (or "tripartite"wink being with spirit, soul and body (e.g., 1 Thes. 5:23).

Islamic writs do not agree either with (a) or (b) - and that is why Muslims have a difficulty understanding the doctrine of the Trinity. Apart from that, it is clear that Muhammad simply had no clue about the meaning of the Trinity - and that is why he propounded two huge fallacies and claimed they were "revelations" from 'Allah':

~ Muhammad assumed that the Trinity comprised the Father, the Son and MARY
(the Bible NEVER once taught that Mary was part of the Trinity - so where at all
did Muhammad derive that fallacy from, if not from the Catholic Church? I have asked
several times how a such a colossaly FALSE "revelation" could be coming from
"Allah" when the FACT is that MARY was never part of the Trinity in the Bible!!
see the Qur'an, chapters 4 v 171;   5 v 73; and  5 v 116).

~ he mistook the angel Gabriel (Jibril) as "the Holy Spirit"
(this obviously is a blatant fallacy, because ALL the Biblical prophets who
were inspired by God did NOT at any time assume that colossal confusion
to make Gabriel the same as the Holy Spirit! NOT ONCE in the entire Bible!
On the contrary, the Bible clearly demonstrates that Gabriel was an angel,
as disntinct from the Holy Spirit Himself - see Daniel 3 v 28;  6 v 22 and 8 v 15-16).

If these huge fallacies are the foundation upon which Islam is predicated, why would anyone in their sane spiritual minds assume that Muhammad's Qur'an should be the arbiter of sound Biblical revelation to ALL the Biblical prophets? Why should a fallacy be the criteria for settling Biblical revelations?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / Images From Igbo Traditional Religion (Odinani) / Is Franklin Graham Freemasonry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.