Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha (26887 Views)

Police Arrests 15 Kidnappers In Kaduna / NNPC Staff Shoots Boy Dead For ‘chasing’ Daughter / Faces Of Arrested Kidnappers In Ile Ife Osun State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by ZUBY77(m): 11:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
manny4life:

Whoever pissed you off, idk, like seriously? Is your bitterness towards us that deep? Did it EVER occur to you that because a crime is committed by an Igbo person, does that mean that it's necessarily Anambra person? What stats do you have to prove this your ranting? Are you trying to convince us that criminals from other states can't come into Anambra state and commit crimes?

Few weeks ago, Chino11 was castigated because he made a comment saying "WE ARE NOT BROTHERS", referring to non other than Anambra people, how do you reconcile this? Let me put it to you, Anambra people are hustlers, thank you for acknowledging the fact that Anambra has GREAT MINDS, for that reason, doesn't it make sense that hateful people like you will come into Anambra state, commit crimes, flee the state, and then out of spite, you write THRASH? Even economically, according to the last year records from NBS, Anambra had the lowest poverty rate in the nation + the highest GDP per capita amongst the SE states, why will people engage in crimes when they're ok?

IMO, like I said, it's hateful, spiteful folks like you (divide/rule) that come the state, commit atrocities then flee.

Really?
Just for the records, i dont hate anambra people. More than half of my friends are from anambra but i am still wary of them because they can do anything because of MONEY.
You talk as if the crime started today.
How was the money made?
Manufacturing of fake drugs, did it start today?
Money Rituals, did it start today?
Fake spare parts, did it start today?
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by cuteonyii(m): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

wtf is this. guy carry your drunkness inside your house. phuk is wrong with you. Why will you insult every Anambra person because of what we don't know about or you want to start Anambra/Enugu war? Take ya time
SO AFTER READING THE HOLD PARRAGRAH, THE ONLY THING YOU UNDERSTOOD WAS THAT ANAMBARA PPL HAS BEEN INSULTED ?
ALRIGHT OOH
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by jamil2(m): 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
On daily basis things are happening here on NL. I am not aware Igbos aren't united but today the way they are attacking each other suprise me. I doubt if biafra can works all know where unity happen to be very low there is nothing to achieve.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by manny4life(m): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
ZUBY77:

Really?
Just for the records, i dont hate anambra people. More than half of my friends are from anambra but i am still wary of them because they can do anything because of MONEY.
You talk as if the crime started today.
How was the money made?
Manufacturing of fake drugs, did it start today?
Money Rituals, did it start today?
Fake spare parts, did it start today?

Yeah, really. Your spiteful words are VERY GLARING, I don't need a crystal ball to tell me how much hate you have for us. Even the Bible said it- "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks". For you to write such epistle, then complete it by saying "we're cursed", that's the height of it. You did not forget to remind us, how you mom curses Anambra people (rather than the folks who kidnapped your brother - may peace be with him), you even went further to remind us how erosive our land is. If you can hurl comments like that, then please, how do you define "HATE"?

Crime DID NOT START TODAY. Every country, state, city, or municipality has crime, I'm not exonerating it. Even your lovely, "no-crime" Enugu has crime. So please, don't preach to me about crime, I know crime exist. We're not talking about if crime exist (at least that's not what I'm saying), what I'm querying you is, SHOW ME THE STATS YOU HAVE that identifies ALL CRIMES committed in Anambra state is committed by it's own citizens

If you want to ask "how is the money made", perhaps, you should extend that question throughout Nigeria entirely. You speak of like other states are immune to this, WOW. Like I once had an argument in the past, if you know you're wary of Anambra or Igbo people, then, DON'T PATRONIZE THEM, it's simple. How do you despise us, yet, you patronize us - what does that make you?

Keep in mind, I do not support crimes, but I just hate it when someone tries to play the victim card. You who's patronizing fake drug and spare parts dealer, what does that make you? A lot of folks travel from other SE cities to Onitsha/Nnewi to trade, YET you criticize them? Seriously? Perhaps, if you quit patronizing them, perhaps, my fellow brothers can turn a new leave...

1 Like

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you are an idiiiiott. why not tell your brother GEJ to fix the economy he has looted dry and also worry more about the crooks, rogues and thieves called alayemeseiwhatever, timipriye Sylva, timi alaibe, Edwin Clark and the biggest of them all Allison Diezanni madueke all from ijaw thief drunkard nation. dolt brain

Guess who delivered 98% votes for him? South East
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2012
cheddarking:

The above post...
...Is the Thought Process of a Coward..
...And a Slave...
A person prepared to allow kidnappers take her OWN FATHER without a fight.
Your old man would be proud of you.

Come on man, lets be reasonable here.
Ofcourse its nice to have romantic ideas of being the gallant hero and overcoming all obstacles against all, and i mean ALL odds;
but that only happens in hollywood and lets leave it with hollywood.

So what would he have done when he caught up with them, cause its only likely that he didn't have any reasonable weapon while they had lots of them.

Now they wouldn't just have his father, but mother and himself as well.
Then whats left of d family would have to pay 3 times d amount they could paid.

Life is not a movie, it is real and the GOOD GUYS DON'T ALWAYS WIN. Atleast not without a big sacrifice.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by OneNaira6: 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2012
jamil!:
On daily basis things are happening here on NL. I am not aware Igbos aren't united but today the way they are attacking each other suprise me. I doubt if biafra can works all know where unity happen to be very low there is nothing to achieve.

Just to let you know most of the Igbo vs. Igbo comments are usually started by non-Igbo pretending to be Igbo. In this case on the other hand, it's opposite. Zuby77 is Igbo hence noone else is fighting him except anambrians he insults. Infact, the rest of us are embarrassed at zuby77 post, I can't say for all but I know I am. Whatever problems he has with Anambra people, he's being ignorant to attack all and giving them names bigots use to attack Igbo. SMH. I'm not surprised, na retaliation to chino I guess. chino has done more damage than good.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by manny4life(m): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
One_Naira:

Just to let you know most of the Igbo vs. Igbo comments are usually started by non-Igbo pretending to be Igbo. In this case on the other hand, it's opposite. Zuby77 is Igbo hence noone else is fighting him except anambrians he insults. Infact, the rest of us are embarrassed at zuby77 post, I can't say for all but I know I am. Whatever problems he has with Anambra people, he's being ignorant to attack all and giving them names bigots use to attack Igbo. SMH. I'm not surprised, na retaliation to chino I guess. chino has done more damage than good.

Exactly!

In my first post, that's why I asked ZUBBY, how do you reconcile what Chino said and what he wrote? What ZUBBY777 wrote, he's been keeping within himself, in his heart, let it be no bombshell, because, sooner or later, I won't be surprised if others start acting this way. Thanks to Chino (Eko version)
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by ZUBY77(m): 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
One_Naira:

Otu naira nwannem, enweghi m ebum n'obi ojoo ebe ndi anambra no. but they need to start flushing out the criminals in Onitsha.
Ebi m na onicha. Upper Iweka is a no go area as soon as it clocks 7pm. It is only in Onitsha that 98 percent of the people go to bed as early as 9pm. Every house in Awada has metal doors. Obosi thugs/people use Okada to look for anywhere in awada where people is as much as roasting maize and they start demanding for money. They showed up in my house and demanded for 100k because i was digging a borehole for the tenants. They beat people. Why should the govt over look such things. Onitsha will turn to Aba if you people cant elect an active governor like Ngige instead of mr grand beer and sabmiller beer.
If it is indegines of other states that are destoying your name and cities, flush them out and kill them.

1 Like

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by CyberG: 11:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
ZUBY77: Anambra State. I am ashamed of you people. I am from Enugu and the only kidnapping case i know of in Enugu was committed by Two Anambra people and one man from delta state. When other tribes talk about the kidnapping cases, you attack them. Why ?
Why do you folks believe that money is everything? Who instilled this senseless and dangerous ideology in your core culture?
Just because of Range sport and Escalade, you kidnap and kill your fellow human being.

What is the problem? Niger delta militants started kidnapping foreigners for a reason. What is your own reason? Money is my best guess. Money right?
Anambra state, you boast of Azikiwe, Ekwueme, Ifeanyi Ubah, capital oil. You boast of Ikemba, Author Eze, Osita Osadebe, Oliver de Coque, Mikel Obi, Achebe, Ibeto, Chike Obi,Emeka Ofor, Andy Uba, Soludo, You are the highest producer of bread - Agulu town, etc etc. Which other state in Nigeria can boast of more powerful individuals ? My guess is none.
In Enugu, a neighbouring state, tell me two powerful individuals you know.. Yet your people flooded the Enugu city to hide and rest after commiting crimes all over the place.
You even kidnap your Igwes, traditional rulers, you kidnap Rev. Fathers, You kidnap school Children, you kidnapped Soludo's father, you kidnapped and killed God is good motors, you kidnapped and killed Obilinks, all these people are your brothers. You kidnapped my elder Brother Albert, who lives in Onitsha and i have not seen him since then. My mom has been praying against you folks and sooner or later, curses will be upon you. Flood will carry your houses, erosion will damage your lands.

Was it because of the civil war? Then why not start kidnapping The Alhajis. Atleast send a message to them that you are not happy about what happened.
Was it Awolowo, grow up and move on or start kidnapping the Kabyesis, send them a message . Why kidnap your fellow Igbo business men who are struggling to establish themselves since the war ended ?
The truth is that you are cursed. You manipulate business in Onitsha, Nnewi and even Lagos, you see even the other Igbo traders as inferiors. While Enugu and Imo is fast developing in infrastructure and Agriculture, you develop in criminology. You forge results, cheat on exams, abuse Abakiliki and wawa people, abuse other tribes, yorubas and hausas and kidnap your own brothers and sisters. Your time is up because, the campaign to correct all this will kick off soon.

You wrote well until you said criminality is acceptable so far the victims are Alhajis and Kabiyesis. What kind of thinking is that? Sorry about your brother, but would it be right to you if another man's brother was kidnapped? That is exactly the import of your statement! Why not let criminality be criminality whether the victim is an ant or an elephant? BTW, know that trying to kidnap other peoples of Nigeria especially in the north or SW will have dire consequences! While one will slay (decapitate) their aggressors after reciting Allahu-akbar, the other will give him the worst beating and while in his throes of death, put several tires on his neck and burn him down to ashes. Now, none of these gory sights need happen to any human being whether ibo or otherwise but the only panacea is you don't export that outside iboland.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by OneNaira6: 12:04am On Aug 29, 2012
ZUBY77:

Otu naira nwannem, enweghi m ebum n'obi ojoo ebe ndi anambra no. but they need to start flushing out the criminals in Onitsha.
Ebi m na onicha. Upper Iweka is a no go area as soon as it clocks 7pm. It is only in Onitsha that 98 percent of the people go to bed as early as 9pm. Every house in Awada has metal doors. Obosi thugs/people use Okada to look for anywhere in awada where people is as much as roasting maize and they start demanding for money. They showed up in my house and demanded for 100k because i was digging a borehole for the tenants. They beat people. Why should the govt over look such things. Onitsha will turn to Aba if you people cant elect an active governor like Ngige instead of mr grand beer and sabmiller beer.
If it is indegines of other states that are destoying your name and cities, flush them out and kill them.

I am neither Anambra nor Onitsha first of. Second of, I've lived in Onitsha a time of my life, very close to the clan of the family this said incident happened to and nwokem even I know you are over-exaggerating the situation in Ontisha. Anytime I visit Nigeria, both it and Asaba are my favorite places to go and I've never had a problem. You are angry, understandable, a family of your own got kidnapped but dude it is ignorant to take it out on all Anambraian communities. Probably someone out there that got kidnapped by an Enugu indigenous, would you still think it's okay, if the said person decided to push the crime to everyone from your community. Despite the Anambra people on NL claim "supposedly" it is people from your community that commit this crimes within in their states. I don't know if it's a true but just for this example i'm about to give, let's just say it is true: notice none of the Anambraians on this thread are attacking your community or other Enugu regions because of it. At the same time notice the people, I repeat again notice the people that are giving you support. What do they have in common? Dude come on.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by passionate88: 12:04am On Aug 29, 2012
cheddarking:

The above post...

...Is the Thought Process of a Coward..

...And a Slave...

A person prepared to allow kidnappers take her OWN FATHER without a fight.

Your old man would be proud of you.
Chineke!...
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by CyberG: 12:06am On Aug 29, 2012
IFEDILIEZE: lamentations of a lazy man.

Must everyone who disagrees with a view point be called LAZY? His post had nothing to do with working or not, so where did you pull the "LAZY" word from? While the incident is sad, I hope you are not suggesting it is "hardwork" for people to kidnap others to make money or kill them or pursue a group of kidnappers (3 or more) who most likely are armed without even a stick, slingshot, cutlass, bow and arrow talk less of a gun! Would it be hardwork if he eventually caught up with them only to realize he has put the whole family into complete danger and is now totally at the mercy of criminals who give no damn about human life? Please, stupidity is not "hardwork".
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by OneNaira6: 12:11am On Aug 29, 2012
manny4life:

Exactly!

In my first post, that's why I asked ZUBBY, how do you reconcile what Chino said and what he wrote? What ZUBBY777 wrote, he's been keeping within himself, in his heart, let it be no bombshell, because, sooner or later, I won't be surprised if others start acting this way. Thanks to Chino (Eko version)

I've noticed an increase already and from what I see, Chino do not care. He probably does not notice the damage he's doing or just don't give a crap. I'm surprised he's not on this thread yet.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by vislabraye(m): 12:18am On Aug 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you are an idiiiiott. why not tell your brother GEJ to fix the economy he has looted dry and also worry more about the crooks, rogues and thieves called alayemeseiwhatever, timipriye Sylva, timi alaibe, Edwin Clark and the biggest of them all Allison Diezanni madueke all from ijaw thief drunkard nation. dolt brain

You may insult them, but we don't defend criminals. Retaliating is not the best way to go about things. Even ur fellow Ibo was the first to expose Anambra people. Well, I don't know much about Ibos and I won't generalize. But you doing the same thing insulting another tribe.
And I'm sure most people don't have the patience to knw which part of Ibo do this or that. To them Ibo is Ibo.
Let's not go into clanish war. Anambra vs the whole tribes in Nigeria.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by CyberG: 12:19am On Aug 29, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Pikin wey dey find wetin kill him papa

Hmmmn...you must be a philosoper? But you said well because the young man's manoeuvre was clearly impulsive and lacked any sort of thought! An adage in Nigeria says "it is when a son gets hold of the sword that he will go and ask about the death that killed his father" NOT go and ASK empty handedly. What would he do if he caught up with 3 armed kidnappers in an isolated country side with neither weapons (slingshot, catapult, cutlass, stick talk less of a gun) nor a persuasive word that could let them just tell him: we want X amount, meet us in Y place and your dad is free? This young man acted without thinking and it is obvious he put everyone in graver danger with his action.

As an aside, in countries that have fought and won more wars than you may care to count, if a criminal or an assailant takes something from you or from someone, the most sensible precaution is to let him go with it. If he lets you alive and you can describe him to the security agencies when they arrive, you have done more than excellently. You will save yourself and the people around without acting stupid playing cowboy or James Bond.

1 Like

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by vislabraye(m): 12:20am On Aug 29, 2012
To me I think Imo are the most agreable part of Ibos. IMO.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 29, 2012
ZUBY77: Anambra State. I am ashamed of you people. I am from Enugu and the only kidnapping case i know of in Enugu was committed by Two Anambra people and one man from delta state. When other tribes talk about the kidnapping cases, you attack them. Why ?
Why do you folks believe that money is everything? Who instilled this senseless and dangerous ideology in your core culture?
Just because of Range sport and Escalade, you kidnap and kill your fellow human being.

What is the problem? Niger delta militants started kidnapping foreigners for a reason. What is your own reason? Money is my best guess. Money right?
Anambra state, you boast of Azikiwe, Ekwueme, Ifeanyi Ubah, capital oil. You boast of Ikemba, Author Eze, Osita Osadebe, Oliver de Coque, Mikel Obi, Achebe, Ibeto, Chike Obi,Emeka Ofor, Andy Uba, Soludo, You are the highest producer of bread - Agulu town, etc etc. Which other state in Nigeria can boast of more powerful individuals ? My guess is none.
In Enugu, a neighbouring state, tell me two powerful individuals you know.. Yet your people flooded the Enugu city to hide and rest after commiting crimes all over the place.
You even kidnap your Igwes, traditional rulers, you kidnap Rev. Fathers, You kidnap school Children, you kidnapped Soludo's father, you kidnapped and killed God is good motors, you kidnapped and killed Obilinks, all these people are your brothers. You kidnapped my elder Brother Albert, who lives in Onitsha and i have not seen him since then. My mom has been praying against you folks and sooner or later, curses will be upon you. Flood will carry your houses, erosion will damage your lands.

Was it because of the civil war? Then why not start kidnapping The Alhajis. Atleast send a message to them that you are not happy about what happened.
Was it Awolowo, grow up and move on or start kidnapping the Kabyesis, send them a message . Why kidnap your fellow Igbo business men who are struggling to establish themselves since the war ended ?
The truth is that you are cursed. You manipulate business in Onitsha, Nnewi and even Lagos, you see even the other Igbo traders as inferiors. While Enugu and Imo is fast developing in infrastructure and Agriculture, you develop in criminology. You forge results, cheat on exams, abuse Abakiliki and wawa people, abuse other tribes, yorubas and hausas and kidnap your own brothers and sisters. Your time is up because, the campaign to correct all this will kick off soon.

Mi broda, you talk sense. A friend used to say Alomo bitters,The Truth is bitter.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by malele(m): 12:21am On Aug 29, 2012

The truth is that you are cursed. You manipulate business in Onitsha, Nnewi and even Lagos, you see even the other Igbo traders as inferiors. While. Enugu and Imo is fast developing in infrastructure and Agriculture, you develop in criminology. You forge results, cheat on exams, abuse Abakiliki and wawa people, abuse other tribes, yorubas and hausas and kidnap your own brothers and sisters. Your time is up because, the campaign to correct all this will kick off soon.

Oga am so surprised u are talking like this, which message are u sending to nairalanders about anambra people,guy I grew up in ABA, aba in terms of crime is worst than anambra state(even before osisikankwo).
Imo state as of 90s, had otokoto and other ritualist lose in imo state.
Recently enugu state VC was kidnapped, are u saying it was done by anambra people? Pls get ur facts right before writing.
This enugu u are talking of, I graduated from one of the universities in it o.
most of the cult boys in all eastern universities are either enugu or delta.
U also mentioned sab mills and oil found in anambra state , are u jealous or what,nwanne pls change ur mindset ooo, make dey no kill u ooo, because na ur kind person dey do sabotuer work ooo.
U even said anambra people camp in enugu state after committing crime.
U don't know enugu well, if you do u will understand that crimes in enugu is carried out by indegenes in that state. .
Pls caution urself, stop disgracing IGBO.

2 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by CyberG: 12:24am On Aug 29, 2012
One_Naira:

I've noticed an increase already and from what I see, Chino do not care. He probably does not notice the damage he's doing or just don't give a crap. I'm surprised he's not on this thread yet.

Let him alone, he does not have to buy the "herd mentality" you are preaching here! Disagreement on principles is always healthy not agreeing and going with whatever direction the wind is blowing. See an example of herd mentality in the picture below. That one person feels one way does not mean EVERYONE must feel the same way.

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by OneNaira6: 12:29am On Aug 29, 2012
^^^dude, I do not have time for your attention seeking
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by OneNaira6: 12:32am On Aug 29, 2012
malele:

Oga am so surprised u are talking like this, which message are u sending to nairalanders about anambra people,guy I grew up in ABA, aba in terms of crime is worst than anambra state(even before osisikankwo).
Imo state as of 90s, had otokoto and other ritualist lose in imo state.
Recently enugu state VC was kidnapped, are u saying it was done by anambra people? Pls get ur facts right before writing.
This enugu u are talking of, I graduated from one of the universities in it o.
most of the cult boys in all eastern universities are either enugu or delta.
U also mentioned sab mills and oil found in anambra state , are u jealous or what,nwanne pls change ur mindset ooo, make dey no kill u ooo, because na ur kind person dey do sabotuer work ooo.
U even said anambra people camp in enugu state after committing crime.
U don't know enugu well, if you do u will understand that crimes in enugu is carried out by indegenes in that state. .
Pls caution urself, stop disgracing IGBO.

Seriously dude?

SMH again.

Una go ahead @ Anambra vs. Enugu. Make I waka, instead ya'll to be peaceful to each other instead maba, na eye scratching una wan do. This love, hate thing between Anambra and Enugu is getting annoying sha.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by ABJ2010: 12:35am On Aug 29, 2012
Chanchit: Oma se o... RIP, my Igbo brothers, we need to fast o, this is getting too much, since last week, SE don take over news frm the north...#sighs#

You and who need " to fast"? Carry your prayer mentality commot from here jare. Brainwashed Nigerian!
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by gozzy121(m): 12:39am On Aug 29, 2012
So sad
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 29, 2012
[quote author=ZUBY77][/quote]so u mean there are agberos too in some parts? where is okija juju, the guy who says only yoruba are agberos
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by amor4ce(m): 1:25am On Aug 29, 2012
[size=14pt]6000 Nigerians in foreign jails over drug offences[/size]
BY OKEY NDIRIBE & EMMAN OVUAKPORIE
ABUJ A — Director-General, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Mr Femi Ajayi, weekend, said over 6,000 Nigerians were serving various jail terms across the globe for drug related offences.

Ajayi told the Abike Dabiri-Erewa-led House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora Matters in Abuja that Nigeria had more of its nationals in prisons outside the country than any other African country.

Ajayi who listed some of the countries as Iran 4,000, Brazil 500, Thailand 500, Malaysia 300, said the list was more than that “but that was what we have for now.”

He said the bulk of those caught for drug related offences outside the country were from the South-East with majority coming from Anambra State.

“I don’t know what we can do about the large number of our brothers from the South-East who indulge in this illicit business. Can you believe that of the 500 Nigerians in Thailand prisons, 480 of them are from the South-East and 450 from it are from Anambra State?”

Ajayi further said the agency had been facing many challenges hindering the optimal performance of its duties as an enforcement agency on drug related matters.

He listed these challenges to include poor funding, lack of necessary equipment, uncooperative attitude of some collaborative agencies, lack of capacity building for staff and difficulty in tracking down drug barons.

“For instance in 2011, our capital budget was N84.5 million but only N61 million was released. Our overheads also reduced from N630 million in 2011 to N600 million despite the fact that our staff strength increased from 3,200 to 5,300,” he said.

Ajayi said that Nigeria has not been able to buy a single scanner for its airport commanders since inauguration of the agency but rely on donation from advanced countries, despite the fact that a scanner costs only N30 million.

He said another major challenge confronting the agency was that it was not allowed at the sea port where most of the couriers now use to transact their illegal business.

Said he:“The fact that we were sent out of the seaports will facilitate the entry of more drugs into the country and worsen the situation. ‘’

Ajayi, who pleaded with the committee to assist it solve some of its challenges, said there was need to have a drug attaché in some specific embassies abroad to see to the drug related offences in those countries as the image of Nigeria was involved.

Hon. Dabiri-Erewa, who decried the bad image the increasing number of Nigeria prisoners abroad was giving to the country, asked the agency to come up with a comprehensive plan for its operations.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/6000-nigerians-in-foreign-jails-over-drug-offences/
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 29, 2012
“I don’t know what we can do about the large number of our brothers from the South-East who indulge in this illicit business. Can you believe that of the 500 Nigerians in Thailand prisons, 480 of them are from the South-East and 450 from it are from Anambra State?”

that is way too much, isnt that like 95 fuckiingg percent?
dont they scan for these drugs before they leave?
abi how them take scan erm baba suwe even tho nothing come out of am
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by airmark(m): 1:31am On Aug 29, 2012
amor4ce: [size=14pt]6000 Nigerians in foreign jails over drug offences[/size]

[size=8pt]480 of them are from the South-East and 450 from it are from Anambra State?[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/6000-nigerians-in-foreign-jails-over-drug-offences/

It means ZUBBY77, has been truthful with his claims about Anambra's criminality. I am ashamed of all those who have been attacking ZUBBY77, for uncovering the truth. Truth is scary.

2 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by whiteroses(f): 1:53am On Aug 29, 2012
The anambra people again? I think they are cursed and delusioned all because of money, greedy thieves kidnapping and killing their own people sad But then the yoruba people jazz and kill their own people on a lowkey too, often with witch craft and voodoo. While the hausas just kill each other blatantly.
My conclusion, Satan rules NIGERIA he really is dancing azonto with the future of that country but we are Jesus people and our steps have been ordered cool Amin
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by dan55: 2:00am On Aug 29, 2012
hey
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Ninapha(f): 2:18am On Aug 29, 2012
vislabraye: This has turn from tribal war into clanish war. Ps let's stick to the topic. Those people who killed the General's daughter were not said to be Enugu or Anambra or any other clan.
Any how, its s shame. I will always be careful when travelling to the East,PH inclusive. No offence.
Why? How much do u worth? They are not into kidnappn guys on slippers nacheesy. No show ur sef man!
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by bashr8: 2:18am On Aug 29, 2012
na today we anambra people begin chop beaf? one thing you will notice, we just ignore haters.

, more people have been klled by cultist in the south east by ...... you know the state lipsrsealed than number of people kidnapped.

we know the miscreants in onitsha and where they are from. let me not say more before i do more harm than good.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Car Thief Caught At Ojota, Lagos State Yesterday / Uche Igwe Re-Arraigned For ‘Sharing’ Chrisland’s Julie Anke’s Video / Suspected Cultists Butcher Man, Dump Body In Waste Bin In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.