Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (30819 Views)

Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye / Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by asha80(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Power minister barth nnaji resigns

source;channels tv news scroll.

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
Just heard it too. The man must have been under intense pressure from this electricity workers. shocked
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Acidosis(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
WAT!!!

Something fishy is going on. . .a bast. ard is threatening His life directly or indirectly (Wife / Children).

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/breaking-news-barth-nnaji-sacked/

Well, there is time for everything, a
time to appoint, a time to resign
and a time to sack. which ever way,
all is well as long as Nigerians
enjoy stable power.

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
Minister of power, Barth Nnaji, has been sacked by President Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by asha80(m): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
RICHIE BOI: Just heard it too. The man must have been under intense pressure from this electricity workers. shocked
my brother i doubt that would have been enough for him to do so.i have a funny feeling that the powerful diesel guys might have been threathning him.i might be wrong though.

8 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by AZeD1(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
PDP in action
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by pingpong1: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Confirmed. Conflict of interest. He had a messed up the bidding process.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by MrGlobe(m): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
confirmed. The only performing minister just resigned

17 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Biggyd2: 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ewele!!! Minister resign for Naija! Wetin happen?

1 Like

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Acidosis(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
chuks01:
Minister of power, Barth Nnaji, has been sacked by President Goodluck Jonathan

where did you get this from? ?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by bigass(f): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
he was forced to resign in fact we can say he was sacked by GEJ
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Biggyd2: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
Acidosis:

where did you get this from? ?

It is on Channels as breaking news.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by dasparrow: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
@Post

Na wa oh! I see our leaders are hell bent on keeping Nigerians in the dark and the generator importers happy. I wonder who will take over from him.

4 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Acidosis(m): 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Biggyd2:

It is on Channels as breaking news.

So what happens to "2013", as earlier promised by Mr President?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Biggyd2: 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2012
Acidosis:

So what happens to "2013", as earlier promised by Mr President?

Bros, I no know for dis pipo.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by JaaizTech: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hmmmm. Nigeria o Nigeria. Light was beginning to appear at the end of the tunnel; but they had to extinguish it. Lets wait and see... It is either Nnaji has soiled his hands in corruption or the govt. is just not ready for change and Fresh air. I await Sahara reporters investigative reports on this matter

5 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by tobechi74: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2012
D best minister resigns. NNAJI FOR PRESIDENT 2015

1 Like

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by cheddarking(m): 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
JaaizTech: Hmmmm. Nigeria o Nigeria. Light was beginning to appear at the end of the tunnel; but they had to extinguish it.

Nice Pun!

4 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by DisGuy: 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
A gale of disquiet yesterday greeted an exclusive report by BusinessDay, that power minister, Bart Nnaji has a direct interest in a consortium that bidded for the Afam power plant, one of the generating plants put up for privatisation by the Federal Government.

The Afam plant is widely believed to be lucrative with its installed capacity of 776 megawatts (MW), comprising of 18 gas turbines, for which the Federal Government had just approved N500 million rehabilitation.

i read this 2 days ago on businessday

Nnaji's link with Afam plant

1 Like

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by jigawatts(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
Resignation of power Minister (Barth Nnaji) at dis period where they are claiming improved power supply....... Hmmmm !!!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by asha80(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
Dis Guy: A gale of disquiet yesterday greeted an exclusive report by BusinessDay, that power minister, Bart Nnaji has a direct interest in a consortium that bidded for the Afam power plant, one of the generating plants put up for privatisation by the Federal Government.

The Afam plant is widely believed to be lucrative with its installed capacity of 776 megawatts (MW), comprising of 18 gas turbines, for which the Federal Government had just approved N500 million rehabilitation.

i read this 2 days ago on businessday

Nnaji's link with Afam plant

hmm do you think that might be the reason?i ask this because i do not think i have ever hear of a minister resigning because he has been fingered in corruption.if that is the case did gej force him to resign?if gej forced him to resign what does that say about the clamour that gej is not fighting corruption?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by PaulJohn1: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
confirmed

The minister of power, Barth Nnaji, has resigned his appointment, a statement by the presidency has said.
Reuben Abati, special adviser to the president on media and publicity, said President Goodluck Jonathan has accepted the minister’s resignation and thanked him for his services to the nation.

More to follow.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/98076-power-minister-barth-nnaji-resigns.html
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Acidosis(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Well, there is time for everything, a time to appoint, a time to resign and a time to sack. which ever way, all is well as long as Nigerians enjoy stable power.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by sonyjacobs(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
Generator importers/cabals in actions grin grin
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by tigerleggs(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
Our enemies have finally won. It's business as usual for power holding cabals, generator dealers and petrol/diesel marketers. Good bye to steady power and GEJ's vision 2013.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by safeact(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
Okotorigba!!!!! He must have been pushed to the wall. The next to go will b Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.... Lets wait and see.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by DisGuy: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
asha 80:

hmm do you think that might be the reason?i ask this because i do not think i have ever hear of a minister resigning because he has been fingered in corruption.if that is the case did gej force him to resign?if gej forced him to resign what does that say about the clamour that gej is not fighting corruption?

I think it will be more likely as a case of him not wanting to soil his reputation, doubt GEJ will force him to resign there are several other barefaced cases that Jonathan hasnt had a say in, i mean this is perhaps this govts chance of direct impact on the lives of nigerians. this case is not even anywhere near a corruption cases-conflict of interest that wont shake off this prof.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by tigerleggs(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
Any reason for his resignation? Please don't tell me to ask Google.

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Dainfamous: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
if the job is hard for you to handle make way for new person...

1 Like

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Gbawe: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
A-ZeD:
PDP in action

Indeed. The likes of Nnaji are good guys , too willing to serve their nation to the extent they ignore how their employer is an appointee of the system that revels in failure for the masses and stupendous wealth and overwhelming control for the few 'insiders' and "owners of Nigeria". Nnaji is supposed to defeat Atiku (Mikano) and other Vultures like Otedola when his last line of defense is a highly corrupt President sponsored into office to protect the interest of the "business as usual" crowd?

Prof Nnaji, you are a patriotic man but you were always fighting a losing battle as some of us concluded ages ago. You were a pawn in the wicked game vacuous opportunists deceived you with - all in the effort to pretend they are seeking solution while they deepen the problem. You are now a victim of the treachery of Nigerian politics that means corrupt Presidents,sponsored by saboteurs, deploy credible folks like you to add gloss to their regime while the real intention is that you never succeed. Just ask Tai Solarin et al.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ambode Inspects Oworo Inward Third Mainland Bridge / Udom Emmanuel Gives Lexus SUV To Udom Free Chanel, Physically Challenged Man / APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.