Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (30814 Views)

Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye / Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by landinfo: 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
Jus heard on BRILA fm & now konfirmin it on STV
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nigerians should cool down jor... That's how we all screamed and shouted Farouk Lawan for president after he published his famous subsiby probe report until Otedola pulled his skirt down in public and revealed his dirty pubic hair..

Barth Nnaji indeed made a difference in the Power Sector as Minister, however, his resignation is connected to him being implicated in the ongoing unbundling and privatisation exercise in the Power indutry which he is minister..
Privatisation is a dicey thing especially in a country like Nigeria where every politician and lobbyist wants a piece of the action. Electricity is gonna become the next big thing in Nigeria and I think he got caught in the mix. The president advised him to resign and save face rather than be dragged through the media, EFCC and the courts.. He chose to resign which I think was a good decision..

I hope the President Jonathan finds a replacement with the same zeal and work rate like Nnaji..

#FreshAir2011
#BrightLight2015... In Joe we Trust

3 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by emmatok(m): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
werepeLeri: Suddenly Barth Nnaji is a good man in the eyes of NairaLand folks. Only few days ago they were shouting him down and calling him a lier for saying power has improved.

LOL,

Aren't you one of the 40laptop squad, busy galivanting all over NL praising GEJ and NNAJI.
Now you are saying something else.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by mofuflex(m): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Its plain , he cant be tagged τ̲̅Φ failure ! If all we needed was a mere 5000MW and we supposedly tend towards 9000MW yet no visible results ;
Its already A̶̲̥̅ failed state,the earliar the better . Hope NOI follows suit ......
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by SisiKill1: 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
Confusion Galore . . .The Staple of the GEJ Administration cheesy cheesy
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by kennyslim1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
Acidosis:

where did you get this from? ?

i wonder o
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by ndcide(m): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
NOW WE have to OCCUPY Nigeria. whats wrong if nnaji has a power station and we have constant light. Nigerians should come out and fight NOW!

1 Like

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Is this for real shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by asha80(m): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Okija_juju: Nigerians should cool down jor... That's how we all screamed and shouted Farouk Lawan for president after he published his famous subsiby probe report until Otedola pulled his skirt down in public and revealed his dirty pubic hair..

Barth Nnaji indeed made a difference in the Power Sector as Minister, however, his resignation is connected to him being implicated in the ongoing unbundling and privatisation exercise in the Power indutry which he is minister..
Privatisation is a dicey thing especially in a country like Nigeria where every politician and lobbyist wants a piece of the action. Electricity is gonna become the next big thing in Nigeria and I think he got caught in the mix. The president advised him to resign and save face rather than be dragged through the media, EFCC and the courts.. He chose to resign which I think was a good decision..

I hope the President Jonathan finds a replacement with the same zeal and work rate like Nnaji..

#FreshAir2011
#BrightLight2015... In Joe we Trust

that is where the problem will now lie.maybe now he can focus on his geometric plant.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by killuminati(m): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
I also hope it won't affect the prize of coco and akara tomorrow M̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊N̤̥̈̊ɪ̣̝̇n̶̲̥̅̊G̲̣̣̣̥ grin
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by alaoeri: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Upon all the abracadabra about power improvement on tv, guess there's more to this.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Confusion Galore . . .The Staple of the GEJ Administration cheesy cheesy

Na wa ooo . . . I actually thought Power was his wonder card for 2013 . .. . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by MrGlobe(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
werepeLeri: Suddenly Barth Nnaji is a good man in the eyes of NairaLand folks. Only few days ago they were shouting him down and calling him a lier for saying power has improved.
wereleperi or whatever the phuuck your name is the power increase is a fad. it happens this time of rainfall every year, during this period last year on NL people also noticed it and we discussed it here. The fact that your clueless master GEJ will want to capitalize on any given for cheap praises is worrisome
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by aletheia(m): 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. The likes of Nnaji are good guys , too willing to serve their nation to the extent they ignore how their employer is an appointee of the system that revels in failure for the masses and stupendous wealth and overwhelming control for the few 'insiders' and "owners of Nigeria". Nnaji is supposed to defeat Atiku (Mikano) and other Vultures like Otedola when his last line of defense is a highly corrupt President sponsored into office to protect the interest of the "business as usual" crowd?

Prof Nnaji, you are a patriotic man but you were always fighting a losing battle as some of us concluded ages ago. You were a pawn in the wicked game vacuous opportunists deceived you with - all in the effort to pretend they are seeking solution while they deepen the problem. You are now a victim of the treachery of Nigerian politics that means corrupt Presidents,sponsored by saboteurs, deploy credible folks like you to add gloss to their regime while the real intention is that you never succeed. Just ask Tai Solarin et al.
I think you are being hasty in adducing this as the reason for his leaving that office. When the dust settles we 'll probably have a clearer view of what transpired. Why do you discount the businessday report on his conflicts of interest.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by acidtalk: 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
Paul John: confirmed

The minister of power, Barth Nnaji, has resigned his appointment, a statement by the presidency has said.
Reuben Abati, special adviser to the president on media and publicity, said President Goodluck Jonathan has accepted the minister’s resignation and thanked him for his services to the nation.

More to follow.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/98076-power-minister-barth-nnaji-resigns.html

ABSOLUTELY SUSPICIOUS.
The fastest things Jonathan Signs and accepts are the EVIL THINGS.
Example are; dismissal of the Appeal court president (on a saturday)by the NJC and yet so slow to accept the letter for his reappointment.

The passing of the removal of the Fuel Subsidy removal in January against the April date.

The increment of the Power tariff against the earlier stated date.

and many more.

It is so obvious the man (Nnaji) refused the bribe sent him from the diesel and Petrol bigwigs (cabals) not to give steady power supply as that will affect their business negatively.

The earlier Nigerians all unite and set aside ethnic and religious sentiments and face the common enemies, the better for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Chyvy(f): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
Na waa ooo...Wetin pesin no go see for dis our country, Naija cry
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by msrk: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nnaji's resignation implies that jonathan may be fighting a lost battle of light in nigeria. Mr. Goodluck please re-strategise. Let there be LIGHT! ;DNnaji's resignation implies that jonathan may be fighting a lost battle of light in nigeria. Mr. Goodluck please re-strategise. Let there be LIGHT!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by harryeema: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Cabal at work again?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by maclatunji: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Dis Guy: A gale of disquiet yesterday greeted an exclusive report by BusinessDay, that power minister, Bart Nnaji has a direct interest in a consortium that bidded for the Afam power plant, one of the generating plants put up for privatisation by the Federal Government.

The Afam plant is widely believed to be lucrative with its installed capacity of 776 megawatts (MW), comprising of 18 gas turbines, for which the Federal Government had just approved N500 million rehabilitation.

i read this 2 days ago on businessday

Nnaji's link with Afam plant

It was just a matter of time before he was exposed. Barth Nnaji was neck-deep in running private electricity companies in Nigeria before he was appointed Minister. I knew there was no way he wouldn't favour himself in the entire "transformation" process. Mr. President, we're watching you too with some of your very close friends. Some things aren't just right.

I have been telling these GEJ lackeys that until private companies drive electricity supply to domestic and industrial users in Nigeria. There isn't much to celebrate, they call me a hater. I say I am informed and enlightened and can read in-between the lines.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by maclatunji: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Sorry double post.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by olivertwist: 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
Osanobua shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad angry angry angry undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

GEJ should replace him with his Bayelsa Perm sec lady immediately
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by DisGuy: 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
asha 80:

that is where the problem will now lie.maybe now he can focus on his geometric plant.

this should/would be illegal surely

i mean ive always wondered where past finance/trade ministers/CBN governor go after office; i mean they know the secrets, they know FG future plans
and any investment would be a sure banker!!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by udbyron1(m): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
so they want to chase us out of AFAM ooo......their plan no work
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Nightshift(m): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
I heard Prof Nnaji is a man of principle . Such a person will have difficulty working in a Nigerian mafia-like political theatre . Besides , his ministry is the most complicated in Nigeria . A lot of vested interests. Better for him though .

1 Like

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Desola(f): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
bigass: he was forced to resign in fact we can say he was sacked by GEJ

Jonasatan get liver to sack anybody?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
Naija minister resignGOD!!! Signs of the end time
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by bakila: 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2012
tigerleggs: Any reason for his resignation? Please don't tell me to ask Google.
Google will tell you he travelled back and forth to nigeria to establish a power company. That is conflict of interest.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by taharqa: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. The likes of Nnaji are good guys , too willing to serve their nation to the extent they ignore how their employer is an appointee of the system that revels in failure for the masses and stupendous wealth and overwhelming control for the few 'insiders' and "owners of Nigeria". Nnaji is supposed to defeat Atiku (Mikano) and other Vultures like Otedola when his last line of defense is a highly corrupt President sponsored into office to protect the interest of the "business as usual" crowd?

Prof Nnaji, you are a patriotic man but you were always fighting a losing battle as some of us concluded ages ago. You were a pawn in the wicked game vacuous opportunists deceived you with - all in the effort to pretend they are seeking solution while they deepen the problem. You are now a victim of the treachery of Nigerian politics that means corrupt Presidents,sponsored by saboteurs, deploy credible folks like you to add gloss to their regime while the real intention is that you never succeed. Just ask Tai Solarin et al.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH there HYPOCRITE. Where you not one of those persons here saying that he was not doing anything in the Power Sector, that he was part of the "corrupt" people in govt. Now that it suits you, you are now singing a diff song, calling a "good man" cos you can now use it to bash the President and his govt(your entire purpose all along).

You are a SLIME Power Monger; just get lost quick

I HATE HYPOCRISY

6 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by ukpaku: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
if one person own no spoil, another person own no go better. NNAJI make another person chop small too.[b]if one person own no spoil, another person own no go better. NNAJI make another person chop small too.[/b]if one person own no spoil, another person own no go better. NNAJI make another person chop small too.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by pingpong1: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
Kobojunkie: Is this for real shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes o. Naija wonder
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by leyom234: 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
Majority of Nigerians know virtually nothing about PHCN. You just want light abi? Just yesterday, MR Vice President blasted the man because it was discovered that he actually had personal interest in PHCN companies. Barth is into business of power generation. He expressed personal interest and the vice president was furious at him. He resigned out of shame. He owns a company called Geometricpower which claimed to be generating power to the national grid but in actual sense, it generates nothing. His plan to own parts of PHCN was exposed and he resigned in shame. I know Nigerians will not want to believe this because they feel its PHCN staff that cause power outage and interruption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose / IPOB Kills Woman, 4 Kids, 6 Others In Anambra / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.