Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (30807 Views)

Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye / Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by nagoma(m): 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
He will make more money outside the government. Will be given the electricity protection contract. If you were Tompolo would accept a minister's appointment?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by bittyend(m): 11:20pm On Aug 28, 2012
Pataki:
Don't dish out insult to anonymous people if you cannot handle it.

If your father had trained you properly, you would have addressed my post and not start throwing insults at me.

You mannerless goat I retort!

And what did I 'dish out', to make you talk about my father? The last time I checked, I never said anything about your father.

I know life can be hard sometimes, but don't take your frustrations out on me. undecided
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by AZeD1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let me see if I have YM loaded . . .
just sent you my ym id and gmail account.. anyone
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by aryzgreat: 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
This country doesn't deserve any good thing! some are talking about Geometric company interest being the reason for his resignation, have u 4gotten that geometric power company built Aso rock power plant that supply Asokoro and environs un-interrupted power and its success fetched Nnaji d job.

The truth is dat even if he had interest, is Geometric not going to generate power that will serve this con3? Will it be right to say bc he has a power company b4 his ministerial post, he should wind up his company? why can't we allow this man complete the good job he has started? why do we prefer 1 step foward, 2 steps backward? PHCN deadwoods have suceeded in chasing away this man that showed positive zeal towards power improvement, SMH for nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by maclatunji: 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
taharqa:

But you are a confirmed "winch" na....no surprises

See compliment from another adoring fan. #LOL. But where are the others especially Beaf to come and explain all of this away?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by taharqa: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
Sky Blue: If this man didn't resign and tomorrow the press focused on possible conflicts of interest with him being the power minister, we will have had the usual sanctimonious tirade to endure. Besides I thought he was not performing quite as well as we wanted him to?? I know it can seem difficult but please let us try and keep it consistent for once!

Bros, the HYPOCRISY in Nigeria is sickening..and annoying as hell too
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Pataki: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
bittyend:

How old are you. Mr. Pataki pathetic soul?

I bet you're from one of the failed generations of Nigerians.

I don't blame you, I blame mid-life crisis. undecided

How many Nigerian water engineers/scientists do you know off-hand? Why are you advocating for nuclear power? Do you know the environmental consequences of nuclear power? What makes you think nuclear power will work in a climate like Nigeria?

Address my post intellectually and stop trying to exchange insults with me. Trust me, you do not want go that route with me. I will crush you and your hopeless generation without mercy. This is why I am Pataki. cool
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by thelastPope(m): 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2012
Wonders shall never end! The same opposition that was insulting him and called him aliar are now calling him a hero and patriot. Some people have no shame.

Anyway, I think it has to do with conflict of interest. The Prof is the first to run an IPP in Nigeria. I always knew he might have a conflict of interest. But that doesn't take away the fact he did a good job while he was there.

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by nasty45(m): 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
This is the funniest joke I'v read al day......sacked/resigned,they can't be serious.....sb gimme my nitel line,lemme cal iran for nuclear aide
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by ldpele(m): 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2012
maclatunji:

It was just a matter of time before he was exposed. Barth Nnaji was neck-deep in running private electricity companies in Nigeria before he was appointed Minister. I knew there was no way he wouldn't favour himself in the entire "transformation" process. Mr. President, we're watching you too with some of your very close friends. Some things aren't just right.

I have been telling these GEJ lackeys that until private companies drive electricity supply to domestic and industrial users in Nigeria. There isn't much to celebrate, they call me a hater. I say I am informed and enlightened and can read in-between the lines.
jst as sme1 has been sayn it repeatedly,watz our prob if nnaji is involved and we end up enjoyn steady supply
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Nightshift(m): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hey, a message for Nigerian government. I've got a German power company interested in supplying 50.000 megawatts of electricity to Nigeria using high-tech cables across the Atlantic . I'm looking for someone to introduce me to Mr. president for this proposal . Anybody interested ?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by anitank(f): 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
GEJ is a failure!!!!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by cantell(m): 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Pataki:

Trust me, you do not want go that route with me. I will crush you and your hopeless generation without mercy. This is why I am Pataki. cool
Now this is the kind of response i hate to see in some posts.
Ehm. . .could you please enlighten us. Who the fvck is pataki?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by anitank(f): 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nightshift: Hey, a message for Nigerian government. I've got a German power company interested in supplying 50.000 megawatts of electricity to Nigeria using high-tech cables across the Atlantic . I'm looking for someone to introduce me to Mr. president for this proposal . Anybody interested ?
Go to Aso Rock, u'll see Mr. President there.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by DisGuy: 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nightshift: Hey, a message for Nigerian government. I've got a German power company interested in supplying 50.000 megawatts of electricity to Nigeria using high-tech cables across the Atlantic . I'm looking for someone to introduce me to Mr. president for this proposal . Anybody interested ?

Under water caables? grin
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by azzima(m): 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
I think a few days ago, the phcn union of workers had accused him of unauthorized withdrawals running into billions from the pension funds.it might be the case.trust me thus guy is not a hero.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by CyberG: 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
thelastPope: Wonders shall never end! The same opposition that was insulting him and called him aliar are now calling him a hero and patriot. Some people have no shame.

Anyway, I think it has to do with conflict of interest. The Prof is the first to run an IPP in Nigeria. I always knew he might have a conflict of interest. But that doesn't take away the fact he did a good job while he was there.

I am sure you didn't think through your comment before making it. If indeed it was a conflict of interest, how can you say the person did a good job? It's like saying a cat that was trying outmanoeuvre other cats while pretending to protect a piece of fish he would later corner and eat all by himself did a good job providing security for the fish. Now, think again!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Pataki: 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
aryzgreat: This country doesn't deserve any good thing! some are talking about Geometric company interest being the reason for his resignation, have u 4gotten that geometric power company built Aso rock power plant that supply Asokoro and environs un-interrupted power and its success fetched Nnaji d job.

The truth is dat even if he had interest, is Geometric not going to generate power that will serve this con3? Will it be right to say bc he has a power company b4 his ministerial post, he should wind up his company? why can't we allow this man complete the good job he has started? why do we prefer 1 step foward, 2 steps backward? PHCN deadwoods have suceeded in chasing away this man that showed positive zeal towards power improvement, SMH for nigeria

Many thanks for this insightful post. Hope the GEJ arsehole lickers are reading ur post loud and clear and deductions can be made that this a government designed only for the corrupt!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by leyom234: 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
asha 80:

i agree he probably has interests in a company that wants to invest but who do you think is responsible for power outage and interruption?

When Niger Dams Authority with other power generating companies where merged in late 70s and renamed NEPA, it was constitutionally stated that the new organisation would only manage existing infrastructure. This is to tell you that NEPA/PHCN does not have the constitutional responsility of building power stations but to run the existing ones. The youngest operating power station is the one at Egbin and its of the highest capacity of 1280 megawatts but it will interest Nigerians that it was built and commisioned by OBJ in 1979.

Last year when IBB clocked 70, do Nigerians remember that himself and OBJ were involved in a media outrage where one of the responses that OBJ gave IBB was that IBB was in power for 8 years yet didnt bother to build any power stations? Is that not enough for Nigerians to understand that it is the responsibility of the government to initiate power projects? OH unna think say na PHCN staff go award those NIPP projects to those Indian companies?

Yes, some power projects were commisioned last year while some will soon be commisioned but it will also interest Nigerians to learn that it was OBJ's initiated projects during the 8 years he completed in 2007. When these projects are complete, nepa/phcn staff are then brought into it to run.

30 years ago, capacity was 4000 and now its still the same while population has grown drastically. SA has a population of 50 million, they generate 50,000 megawatts while we can only generate 4000 with population of around 180 million people. By the way, has government ever blamed phcn for not generating enough ? Most recently when the Minister felt power generation improved, wasnt he try to acribe praises to himself? This should tell Nigerians that it is the responsibility of the government to build power generating stations while nepa/phcn staff are only saddled with the resoponsibilityof running them when made available by their employer.

Come to think of it, on August 27, BusinessDay reported that the minister was blasted by the vice president on his selfish approach to the privatisation thing while Thisday reported the same issue today on their front page but the likes of punch, guidian, vanguard etc would not talk about it.The minister was using them as tools of propaganda to instigate Nigerians against phcn workers so they cant afford to betray their friendship towards the sacked minister. I dey go bed joorrrr.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by BetaThings: 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2012
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/43423-power-minister-fingered-in-mess-over-afam-privatisation

Power minister fingered in mess over Afam privatisation

Friday’s meeting was chaired by Vice President Namadi Sambo and also attended by other members including Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Minister of Finance and co-ordinaing Minister for the Economy, as well as National Planning Minister, Shamsudeen Usman. Business Day learnt that the Minister’s personal interest in the power privatisation firm had become well known a few weeks ago, when power sector trade unions had used it as justification for their strike threats, and several meetings had been subsequently held to discuss the implications of the Power Minister’s situation.

During the NCP meeting, proceedings took an interesting turn, when focus turned to the Minister of Power, who was asked several times, why he had not disclosed his interest before that day. Our reporter learnt that the Minister told the NCP that he had set up a blind trust to manage his interest in the bidding consortium and that he had no direct dealings with the consortium in question. Nnaji also disclosed that he had confided in the President. However, a close scrutiny of the bid documents at the meeting did not indicate the actual existence of any such blind trust, just as the Minister could not confirm that the President had actually authorised him to have a direct interest in a bidding consortium, especially given the role he was playing in the privatisation programme.

It was at this point that the Vice President asked the minister to vacate his seat and leave the venue of the meeting, given that his continued presence could jeopardise the integrity of the deliberations, on account of his seeming conflict of interest, our reporter learnt. Once the minister had left, it was found that his nominees from his ministry had participated in the evaluation of the various bids submitted for Afam. It further emerged that the only company being put forward as having passed the technical evaluation for Afam was the same consortium in which Nnaji had disclosed that he had an interest
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by oshyno(m): 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2012
In as much as it pains me to see one of d best performing ministers from GEJ go,it is d best thing to do due to d conflict of interest.I wish there cud be anoda way out but form d barage of criticism of GEJ govt, he cud nt risk having a minister whose company Geometric has interest on Afam plant- one of d plants to be privatised .I know dat if d company dared won d bid, opposition wud av seen anoda opportunity to accuse GEJ of corruption.I just wish d replacement won't take us bak to square one.

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by bittyend(m): 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
Pataki:
How many Nigerian water engineers/scientists do you know off-hand? Why are you advocating for nuclear power? Do you know the environmental consequences of nuclear power? What makes you think nuclear power will work in a climate like Nigeria?

I'm not really conversant with Nigerian engineers/scientists in Nigeria, but I know loads in diaspora - who would willingly take up the task to go back to Nigeria, if the environment is conducive. Nigeria is trying to get into the big league, with the BRICS countries - and we've to go nuclear, if we want to achieve that. Our population is too huge for other forms of power generation. And one thing all the BRICS countries have in common is also nuclear power generation - we can't compete with the 'big boys' without it.

As for the environmental consequences, that was why I suggested that the nuclear power plants should be built on the wasteland, somewhere in the North. Climate shouldn't be a problem, if Libya did it in the past - and Algeria is also contemplating building a couple from 2020.

Address my post intellectually and stop trying to exchange insults with me. Trust me, you do not want go that route with me. I will crush you and your hopeless generation without mercy. This is why I am Pataki. cool

Smh.. Ask about me, I'm not just in the mood tonight - and I definitely don't want to turn this thread upside down.

I go hard in the paint, and assaulting people verbally is the easiest thing for me. grin
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by homerac7: 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
leyom234:

When Niger Dams Authority with other power generating companies where merged in late 70s and renamed NEPA, it was constitutionally stated that the new organisation would only manage existing infrastructure. This is to tell you that NEPA/PHCN does not have the constitutional responsility of building power stations but to run the existing ones. The youngest operating power station is the one at Egbin and its of the highest capacity of 1280 megawatts but it will interest Nigerians that it was built and commisioned by OBJ in 1979.

Last year when IBB clocked 70, do Nigerians remember that himself and OBJ were involved in a media outrage where one of the responses that OBJ gave IBB was that IBB was in power for 8 years yet didnt bother to build any power stations? Is that not enough for Nigerians to understand that it is the responsibility of the government to initiate power projects? OH unna think say na PHCN staff go award those NIPP projects to those Indian companies?

Yes, some power projects were commisioned last year while some will soon be commisioned but it will also interest Nigerians to learn that it was OBJ's initiated projects during the 8 years he completed in 2007. When these projects are complete, nepa/phcn staff are then brought into it to run.

30 years ago, capacity was 4000 and now its still the same while population has grown drastically. SA has a population of 50 million, they generate 50,000 megawatts while we can only generate 4000 with population of around 180 million people. By the way, has government ever blamed phcn for not generating enough ? Most recently when the Minister felt power generation improved, wasnt he try to acribe praises to himself? This should tell Nigerians that it is the responsibility of the government to build power generating stations while nepa/phcn staff are only saddled with the resoponsibilityof running them when made available by their employer.

Come to think of it, on August 27, BusinessDay reported that the minister was blasted by the vice president on his selfish approach to the privatisation thing while Thisday reported the same issue today on their front page but the likes of punch, guidian, vanguard etc would not talk about it.The minister was using them as tools of propaganda to instigate Nigerians against phcn workers so they cant afford to betray their friendship towards the sacked minister. I dey go bed joorrrr.

Bros, 3 heavy GBOSA for u sir!

may ur days be long!

thanks for saying dos facts again agaist rubbish beign spewn around by 40 laptops gang.

only dt i'm a bit angry wt u for coming out late when u left only few of us to fight of those 40 foxes from pit of hell sir. but anyway, thanks for d facts.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Nightshift(m): 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
anitank:
Go to Aso Rock, u'll see Mr. President there.
Perhaps Aso Rock attack dogs will not allow me. Just lost a great bid for an NNPC job due to such people . So many weird people in Abuja . Too bad, it still pains me....
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Tadup: 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Na wa oh! I see our leaders are hell bent on keeping Nigerians in the dark and the generator importers happy. I wonder who will take over from him.
somebody like jega!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Pataki: 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
cantell:
Now this is the kind of response i hate to see in some posts.
Ehm. . .could you please enlighten us. Who the fvck is pataki?

Omo nna, have you finished selling your hacked PS3 games?

What a tool.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
princepee: rebadu left and efcc died....dora left nafdac died......bart is leaving let me go and service my gens.
Gbam!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by homerac7: 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
bittyend:

I'm not really conversant with Nigerian engineers/scientists in Nigeria, but I know loads in diaspora - who would willingly take up the task to go back to Nigeria, if the environment is conducive. Nigeria is trying to get into the big league, with the BRICS countries - and we've to go nuclear, if we want to achieve that. Our population is too huge for other forms of power generation. And one thing all the BRICS countries have in common is also nuclear power generation - we can't compete with the 'big boys' without it.

As for the environmental consequences, that was why I suggested that the nuclear power plants should be built on the wasteland, somewhere in the North. Climate shouldn't be a problem, if Libya did it in the past - and Algeria is also contemplating building a couple from 2020.

Smh.. Ask about me, I'm not just in the mood tonight - and I definitely don't want to turn this thread upside down.

I go hard in the paint, and assaulting people verbally is the easiest thing for me. grin

bros abeg drop d argument, u dont know d things u r talking about. using Google doesnt make u an expert. pls just let ds matter rest...take on some different topics and debate, biko...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apc Jittery Over The Achievement Of The Army And Government - Aljazeera / #iStandWithBuhari Campaign Executive Gets New Jeep Days After Car Accident. PICS / Venue Of Port-Harcourt PDP's Convention To Be Held Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.