Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 (1174 Views)

Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007. / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by Makzylopez: 9:00am On Aug 29, 2012
Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Tuesday said that before handling over to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua in 2007, Nigeria was a debt-free nation. The retired military general affirmed that his administration brought about tremendous changes in the county’s economy.

Obasanjo while speaking in Lagos at a forum organized by Nigeria Leadership Initiative (NLI) disclosed that he still believe in the future of the Nigeria.

According to him: “When I came on board in 1999, the reserve of this country was 3.7 million dollars and we were taken 3 billion dollars every year to manage our debt and as at then, we owed about 35 billion dollars. By the time I left the government in 2007, our reserve was over 45 billion dollars after paying all our debt.”

Speaking on the topic, Leadership and Underpinning, Obasanjo averred that the issue of leadership is one that usually poses dilemma to the analyst when it comes to its examination. He said: “This is particularly so in that it has plethora of dimension viz. the philosophy of leadership, institutional leadership, social/club leadership, religious leadership, political leadership, community/traditional leadership etc.”

The Ogun-born politician cum cleric in his address spoke on issues such as: Concept of Leadership, A Preview of Some Leadership Theories, Leadership Styles, Power Bases of Leadership, Leadership Attributes and Leadership Inadequacy disclosed that leadership is about setting and not just reacting to agendas, but identifying problems and initiating change that makes for sustainable improvement and seeing what is initiated to completion.

His words, “The leadership problems in Africa have been attributed to many causes, the most significant of which is leadership inadequacies. This is not too difficult to accept; because the success or failure of any organisation is a reflection of leadership performance. Within our own lifetime, we have witnessed series of political leadership characterized by more shortcomings than achievements. Whenever we go further to explore the reason for persistence of the leadership problems in Africa, the following shortcomings are common to most leaders in their manifestos, they include: Acceptance of the supremacy of individual ethnic identity over that of the nation, acceptance of public position as poverty heal-all, disrespect for the law, over-display of leadership arrogance, disregard of superior values and ideas and inability to stay with and manage success”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/29/nigeria-debt-free-i-left-government-2007-obasanjo/
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by Callotti: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2012
Oya o!
Dem don set anoda trap to catch TRIBAL BUSH-MEATS!!!
Awon "this post is hidden" won kpe e o!!!!! grin
Mu he he he he he

@Topic
This is gooooooood news o! Why are we just discovering this FICTION? cheesy
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by SamMilla1(m): 9:09am On Aug 29, 2012
..And Nigeria was looking like New York when you left.
Mr OBJ, i prefer to borrow money and look like Brad Pitt than to have no debt and look like you.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by IjeomaObasi: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2012
Obj kwa !...pls we need fact o,or we should ask Yar Adua?
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by mamikky: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2012
Baba ota is right but what about other havoc that was wrecked?
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by amdy08: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2012
Ijeoma Obasi: Obj kwa !...pls we need fact o,or we should ask Yar Adua?
My sister o,OBJ now want a reply from the same person he sent six feet below...#GOd is watching o.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by redsun(m): 9:40am On Aug 29, 2012
He didn't take his time to tell us how much revenues in total nigeria accrued in his time.How much did he get in total,how much did he spend in total and on what did he spend it on?
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by amdy08: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2012
redsun: He didn't take his time to tell us how much revenues in total nigeria accrued in his time.How much did he get in total,how much did he spend in total and on what did he spend it on?
Redsun,he is just trying to shift blame.
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by redsun(m): 9:48am On Aug 29, 2012
amdy08:
Redsun,he is just trying to shift blame.

Of course we know that.He is the number one catastrophic nigerian traitor
Re: OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 by amdy08: 10:28am On Aug 29, 2012
redsun:

Of course we know that.He is the number one catastrophic nigerian traitor
My brother,the day of reckoning is near for him.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Policeman Collecting 20 Naira From A Bus Driver / Illustration Of 2013 Budget By Budgit / Has Ajimobi Transformed Oyo State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.