Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754308 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 9:40am On Feb 11, 2013
@jenny,My friend is an Optometrist and he is planing to do his maters in Optometry but they he must have Australian License before he can do the course,i was surprise to see a nairaland here going for master in pharmacy,why that of Optometrist is different,how is the profession and prospectus over there?he say i should ask
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 11, 2013
I don't know why but I am guessing because an Optometrist is a DOCTOR OF THE EYE here in Australia and a pharmacist is not. Nigeria does not appreciate them but they are appreciated here and earn as much physicians. People who practiced in the UK have to write an exam here to be licensed in Australia as an optometrist only then can they do their Masters if they choose to go further. An optometrist with years of experience abroad cannot just walk into this country and start practicing or studying, you need to go through some system to be deemed competent. He needs to prove that he has met the Australian standard hence their asking him to register here. I suggest he migrates here some other way if he wants to work as an optometrist.

Legally he is a doctor and that name comes with so much responsibilities. Working in Nigeria is not good enough, he needs to prove himself here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2013
You are very much right,currently he works in Saudi Arabia,which other means do you think that is suitable for him to migrate
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2013
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medical-practitioners/

This link, will show him his options.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2013
jennykadry: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medical-practitioners/

This link, will show him his options.

thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 11, 2013
[quote author=zioni]
Congrats on d unconditional offer. If d admission is for july in take I will advice u wait for university of adelaide. Sydney is not a regional area bt adelaide is a regional.

I will be writing my IELTS exams march 2nd. The admission is for June intake and its Master of finance for 1.5 yrs. I have been waiting for adelaide for almost a month now and I just applied @ UWS a week ago. I really want to start early before my husband change his mind. I'm counting on him for the school fees.thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
Just found this thread started by Vicjustice. Applies to us too

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
No it is not considered a regional area as per immigration rules.

To be honest with 1.5 years your chances of staying in Australia lies in you being sponsored or continue studying. The course you applied for could be in the skilled occupation list, the questions is, are Australian companies desperate for someone with your degree? I said it earlier that people that work in the banks here are not even graduates, all they got was a few weeks training and boom they got in. That shows that the country is not desperate for graduates cos they are willing to pick anybody off the street and train that person. Education is not a criteria in some occupation here.

Hope you get where I am going to? As per school? It's your choice on what to want to go for, I cannot make that decision for you in this instance lest I advise you wrongly. What if I told you to hold on and see what Adelaide has got to offer you and they end up not offering you a course there, or they offer you something you don't like or want? Or they actually offer you the course you want but do it very late?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
Thank you. Maybe I shld just apply for PR and if given then I can continue with my study ,I got a positive assessment 3 years ago for CA so I don't know if the assessment will still be acceptable since the immigration rule has change then . What do you think please?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
The question is, what do you want to do? It's all about you and your future now, remember?

I am not avoiding your question but I prefer people make their own decisions and be accountable for them. At the end of the day, you won't blame anybody for advising you wrongly.

Your case is a tricky one, you have a husband and you are not sure of what you want to do, I suggest you think through whatever decision you decide on.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 6:32am On Feb 12, 2013
sisifunmi: .
its well
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Thank God i am now in Armidale. Armidale is so peaceful and quiet.

@ Bbamega which rm are u?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:37am On Feb 12, 2013
Tyrexx: Hi Everyone,

Thank God for journey mercy. Fly the Green White Green flag high.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 8:58am On Feb 12, 2013
Tyrexx: Hi Everyone,

congrats bro...proudly Nigeria.. Make us proud
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 12, 2013
sisifunmi: .

Let me know what you finally decide on if you dont mind. smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 10:25pm On Feb 12, 2013
@tyrexx I rang your 9ija line to actually know ur arrival tym , I booked a room for you at smith house and I left smith house yesterday for my own apartment .Ask any 9ija you see and ask about Bash . I just left smith house and smith house is good for you please since you are not a family man.Welcome to Armidale city of cold and calm.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
bbamega: @tyrexx I rang your 9ija line to actually know ur arrival tym , I booked a room for you at smith house and I left smith house yesterday for my own apartment .Ask any 9ija you see and ask about Bash . I just left smith house and smith house is good for you please since you are not a family man.Welcome to Armidale city of cold and calm.

@bbamega,how has it been so far?gist us
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by papy4real: 10:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
Hi Jennykadry, I've been following this thread for a while and i'm ready impressed with your quick responses. I just completed my 1st degree in Civil Engineering B.Tech with a 3.52/5.0 second class upper...I would really love to study in Australia and my preferred M.sc courses are Mining Engineering or Geoscience (To boost my PR chances)but the Msc Tuition i've been seeing is just too high (least i saw was 21k) and my budget is not more than 12-13k max. What do you think i can do because i'm already thinking of enrolling for a 2 year Tafe diploma course(like around 12k per annum) since its cheaper and then maybe proceed with the M.sc after completing the diploma course and getting a job placement. Your advice would be appreciated. Regards.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 12:07am On Feb 13, 2013
@ Bbamega, thanks a lot. cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 2:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Generally , its rough and I will say this honestly leaving your home to another country is a big a challenge and anybody coming to Australia must have this at the back of their mind that the road is rough and joy at the end.

However , for another challenge in the area of courses and PR I must say this any 9ija students coming should please check the International office very well and may be ask question about scholarships mostly for science students. i have seen a lot of 9ija with scholarship and they are doing fine.

@ tyrexx probably you can check me 66,Niagara just take taxi and ask for the street.Please be very careful about spending because I have same experience don't rush to buy things please and I think you bring enough 9ija food because you cant get it in Armidale except Sydney and which is about 8hrs journey.

May almighty God help everyone of us I am ready to assist any 9ija coming to Australia and help Jenny our mother in the house may God bless you and bless 9ija.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:22am On Feb 13, 2013
papy4real: Hi Jennykadry, I've been following this thread for a while and i'm ready impressed with your quick responses. I just completed my 1st degree in Civil Engineering B.Tech with a 3.52/5.0 second class upper...I would really love to study in Australia and my preferred M.sc courses are Mining Engineering or Geoscience (To boost my PR chances)but the Msc Tuition i've been seeing is just too high (least i saw was 21k) and my budget is not more than 12-13k max. What do you think i can do because i'm already thinking of enrolling for a 2 year Tafe diploma course(like around 12k per annum) since its cheaper and then maybe proceed with the M.sc after completing the diploma course and getting a job placement. Your advice would be appreciated. Regards.

I agree with your decision. Finish your course, get your PR and study your Msc online. Very flexible cos some Msc's in mining can be studied online.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 7:49am On Feb 13, 2013
if i want apply for TAFE diploma course,do i need to apply with university certificate or just WAEC is ok,then during visa application,should also indicate that i have graduated in Nigeria,i think age is not a problem in diploma courses
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:05am On Feb 13, 2013
bbamega: Generally , its rough and I will say this honestly leaving your home to another country is a big a challenge and anybody coming to Australia must have this at the back of their mind that the road is rough and joy at the end.

That is my challenge everytime I think about moving outside of Nigeria. At times, I blame our government here for plundering our resources and plunging our educational sector into abyss; for it were to be the other way round, I would not go to another country for study at all.
God dey sha; how are you and hope you're enjoying yourself in new new 'home-country' now?

@Jenny, God bless you for all the help you have been rendering so far. We need more of people like you to help in this area here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 13, 2013
Sure can

Apply with your WAEC result smiley

@all

Awww God bless you all too.

@Goshen

Ring SA and follow up on your application. Did they give you a TRN no?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
I am available for questions people. My replies have been short this past days cos I have been very busy and reply mostly when I am mobile.

Fire away people.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry: Sure can

Apply with your WAEC result smiley

@all

Awww God bless you all too.

@Goshen

Ring SA and follow up on your application. Did they give you a TRN no?

I think so, my case officer provided a ref number in his earlier corresondence with me. I actually sent him - more like a follow up mail, but the guy "no gree" reply oo. I don't want appear so desperate by sending reminders. What do you think?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
Call them on the phone. They receive emails 200 emails, do not expect them to reply all.

Did you apply online or paper? When does your course start? Does the ref number consist of letters and numbers?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry: I am available for questions people. My replies have been short this past days cos I have been very busy and reply mostly when I am mobile.

Fire away people.....

Okay, my question?
1. How can I marry Australian women?
2. How do I become an Australian president
3. How do I transport myself to Australia by just closing my eyes and opening them to find myself in Sydney? grin

Everybody ask Jenny your question(s) now o.

On a serious note, you advised someone to do online Masters program. How effective is that kind of study? What can you say about RMIT University?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
RedReact:

Okay, my question?
1. How can I marry Australian women?
2. How do I become an Australian president
3. How do I transport myself to Australia by just closing my eyes and opening them to find myself in Sydney? grin

Everybody ask Jenny your question(s) now o.

On a serious note, you advised someone to do online Masters program. How effective is that kind of study? What can you say about RMIT University?

Lol, some courses are available online here in Australia even Bachelor of nursing is available online. Many people that are sponsored by a company prefer to further their studies online because they cannot attend classes. They have to work for 2 years full time for the company and 3 years if in the city. It is very reliable ,flexible and family friendly. Some women that want to be nurses here can apply and study online/externally whilst staying at home and taking care of kids.
Even some schools offer masters in pharmacy externally. They make things easy here for people you know

RMIT? Know nothing about it. I think it's in melbourne not sure.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
^^^
Quite good, but what I am looking at is the practical exposure such a mode of study would offer since it's done online.

Yeah, RMIT is in Melbourne.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.