Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754071 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by beau4lyf: 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
@wahabcoal
Yea I am a february prospective student in Aussi been following this thread and its quite interesting, read through some of your posts and thot u might find this helpful

http://www.southafrica.embassy.gov.au/pret/lodgingvisaapplicationslodgingvisaapplications.html
Temporary Residence & Students
411 - Exchange - 4 weeks
419 - Visiting Academic - 4 weeks
421 - Sports - 4 weeks
428 - Religious worker- 4 weeks
Students - Assessment level 1 - 2 weeks
Students - Assessment level 2 - 3 weeks
Students - Assessment level 3 & 4 - 6 to 8 weeks

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/573-0/
the streamlined visa allows your applicaion to be treated as if you are on assessment level 1, so i guess it will reduce your visa processing time as well as other requirement. so bear this in mind when applying to schools.

Geerally process of schooling in Aussi na long tin and its not easy at all ( and i guess its same with some other countries like USA and Cananda), i started my process january wrote IELTS in march the exam was easier than i thot, scored 8.0 started applying to schools in April got responses between may to july depending on the school cos some will want you to send hard copy of your docs before they give u unconditional offer.

just as Jennykadry said alot of factors will determine if you can still make feb session
1. how fast your skool sends you an unconditional offer,(apply to as many skools as possible)
2. how soon you are willing to pay your enrollment so they can send you the CoE so you can apply for visa immidiately
all this is possble in 1 month, i got an unconditional offer from a skool in 4 working days of applying just make sure you have all your document ready certified and uploaded so as soon as u get the IELTS result you can apply.
3. If you want your visa process to be faster you can do your medicals before you even send your appication becos tht 1 too takes sometime to get to them and can delay your application if you decide for them to instruct you to do the medicals while processing your application (i called the Assi embassy in SA myself and they told me this cos I am about to send in my applicaion so i clled them to ask some question and they were very helpful)

This is my 2 cents from my personal experience so far, and i encourage other prospective students and even those that made it there to pls share their experiecs so we can all learn and have success stories like the USA students thread.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:13am On Oct 13, 2012
jennykadry: It depends on the schools official start date in February. I know it takes 3 months so I don't know if there will be enough time for you to attend the orientation date which is the most important date and in most schools it is is compulsory.

IELTS results take 2 weeks. Pray first you meet the cut off mark which is ??

Yea, the orientation starts by 24th of Feb, hope to meetUp. For IETLS 7.0 is required score for Postgraduate, that wouldnt be a problem, i hope.
Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:19am On Oct 13, 2012
beau4lyf:
@wahabcoal
Yea I am a february prospective student in Aussi been following this thread and its quite interesting, read through some of your posts and thot u might find this helpful

http://www.southafrica.embassy.gov.au/pret/lodgingvisaapplicationslodgingvisaapplications.html
Temporary Residence & Students
411 - Exchange - 4 weeks
419 - Visiting Academic - 4 weeks
421 - Sports - 4 weeks
428 - Religious worker- 4 weeks
Students - Assessment level 1 - 2 weeks
Students - Assessment level 2 - 3 weeks
Students - Assessment level 3 & 4 - 6 to 8 weeks

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/573-0/
the streamlined visa allows your applicaion to be treated as if you are on assessment level 1, so i guess it will reduce your visa processing time as well as other requirement. so bear this in mind when applying to schools.

Geerally process of schooling in Aussi na long tin and its not easy at all ( and i guess its same with some other countries like USA and Cananda), i started my process january wrote IELTS in march the exam was easier than i thot, scored 8.0 started applying to schools in April got responses between may to july depending on the school cos some will want you to send hard copy of your docs before they give u unconditional offer.

just as Jennykadry said alot of factors will determine if you can still make feb session
1. how fast your skool sends you an unconditional offer,(apply to as many skools as possible)
2. how soon you are willing to pay your enrollment so they can send you the CoE so you can apply for visa immidiately
all this is possble in 1 month, i got an unconditional offer from a skool in 4 working days of applying just make sure you have all your document ready certified and uploaded so as soon as u get the IELTS result you can apply.
3. If you want your visa process to be faster you can do your medicals before you even send your appication becos tht 1 too takes sometime to get to them and can delay your application if you decide for them to instruct you to do the medicals while processing your application (i called the Assi embassy in SA myself and they told me this cos I am about to send in my applicaion so i clled them to ask some question and they were very helpful)

This is my 2 cents from my personal experience so far, and i encourage other prospective students and even those that made it there to pls share their experiecs so we can all learn and have success stories like the USA students thread.

Yea thanks for that info and the link you provided, ive actually visited that page, fellow applicants would find it very helpful, Thanks again.
Why did it take you that long to apply after writing IELTS in march, what slowed you down? was it Visa issuance?
Where would you suggest for the medicals?
I agree with you on that, those that made it there should provide information on the steps they took just as its been done on USA, UK threads.
Cheers!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by beau4lyf: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2012
Why did it take you that long to apply after writing IELTS in march, what slowed you down? was it Visa issuance?
I was contemplating making the july 2012 session (just as u r now), if I had he info I have now then i would have gone for it who knows

Where would you suggest for the medicals?

Nigeria
ContactsVisa Information and LodgementPanel Doctors Panel Doctors
Abuja
Medical and Radiology Clinic
Zankli Medical Centre
Plot No. 1021
B5 Shehu Ya'adua Way
(opposite Federal Ministry of Works)
Utako District
Abuja
Telephone: +234 9 523 6854
Fax: +234 9 523 9570
Doctors:
Dr Lovett lawson
Dr J Lawson (female)

Lagos
Medical Clinic
Dr A A Fatayi-Williams Clinic
54/56 Bankole Street
(behind Elephant House at end of Broad Street on Lagos Island)
PO Box 3870 Marina
Lagos, 101001, Nigeria
Telephone: +234 1 477 1349, 1 470 0442, 0 808 100 9943, 0 808 100 9944, 0 709 812 3367, 0 709 812 3368, 0 705 174 0601 (Practice Manager)
Fax: +234 1 266 0611, 264 4906
Email: afwclinic@yahoo.co.uk
Doctor(s):
Dr Allan Fatayi-Williams
Dr Ayodeji Anthony Falana
Dr Louis Chukwuka Osode

Radiology Clinic
Crestview Radiology Ltd
276A Kofo Abayomi St
Victoria Island
Lagos Nigeria
Telephone: +234 1 462 7649
Email: crestviewradiology@yahoo.com

Radiology Clinic
St Nicholas Hospital
57 Campbell Street
Lagos, 101001, Nigeria
Telephone: +234 1 764 1419, 1 764 1420, 1 271 8691, 1 271 8692, 1 271 8693, 0 803 312 7839
Email: marifnwach@yahoo.com

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
@Wahab

The embassy will refer you to a list of places to go for the medicals. If you do it out of your own free will at any hospital, it will be rejected if the hospital is not in their list of approved hospitals. They only have a few hospitals they direct applicants to
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by beau4lyf: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
yea he cannot just go to any hospital to do his medicals, the list of hospitals in my last post is from the Australian high commission website and i was directed to the info when i asked their SA office on the phone about the medicals
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/n/nigeria/panel-doctors.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 14, 2012
^^^Good one. But my advise to him is he should just go with the stages the embassy's put in place already. When it is time for a medical, they will inform you and you go for it, the results will get sent to them so you really don't have to worry yourself.

It's best if he does not jump the gun and try to do things himself as advised by whoever you spoke to. I remember someone paying for someone's fees in 2010 and was seriously warned against it by pretoria because they jumped the gun a little.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by beau4lyf: 11:07am On Oct 14, 2012
yea u r right i think its best to do the medicals when they ask you to, because at least you will know at tht stage other aspects of ur application is ok and u will most likely get the visa if your medicals r fine grin (just my thot) then also u dont go and waste ur money and time doing medicals and at the end of the day you dont get the visa, cos am sure if your application is not ok and they r denying u they will nt ask you to do medicals (anoda of my own thots o not a fact lol). Just suggested wht i was told to him cos he complained abt not hving enuf time but i think he shud take ur adivise.

btw thanks jenny 4 always being here to guide advise us it helps God bless
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
@beau4lyf, Thanks for that link, very useful, i think medicals should be done when necessary, just as Jenny said, a friend encountered
a lil problem cos of the 'jumpin the gun' thingy.
When i'm set to apply to pretoria, the process will be accelerated (divinely) i believe smiley.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 5:34am On Oct 15, 2012
Has anyone here applied for Tafe institution, got admission and visa was granted by pretoria to study at that tafe? I just got an admission that will last for one year at tafe and i just want to know everything b4 applying for visa

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 6:19am On Oct 15, 2012
plz nairalanders how much is one (1) australian dollar equivalent to nigerian naira?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
jennykadry: @redreact

Sorry but I could not understand your post, please explain properly what course you are looking at commencing. I will ring the school myself and find out for you what the requirements are and if you are able to kick off with it.

I am sorry for replying late.
What I meant was that I wanted to apply for an postgraduate diploma in engineering at the university of Adelaide so that I can go further into masters of engineering program since I studied Physics and before I can go for a masters degree program in engineering, I need to have a postgraduate diploma in engineering. The graduate secretary now said I can't do PGD but I can only apply for Masters degree and then opt out of the program to graduate with a postgraduate diploma in engineering
(that is d meaning of postgraduate diploma as an entry program). My question then was now to know you if you had idea about postgraduate diploma as an exit program in any Australian universities, you should explain more.

N.B: In my previous post, I mentioned Sydney. Pardon my error. I meant Adelaide.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
Australian universities seems to be expensive to that of uk now! Na wa oh.I will like to do my Msc in networking areas in australia because this country make sense to me in every aspect, I have done the Toefl.The university I have seen which is Monash univerity is Au$23000, this is 3.6million naira.If I am not right plz someone should tell me.This fee seem to be expensive than most uk universities.Plz do international students pay installmentally? And is there any university cheaper than this in Australia.Also, the statement of account does it have to be your parents one,can someone who is not ur family memeber statement be used?Plz you all I need help on this issue,I luv australia,wana study there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
please how much is expected to be in some one account(minimum) to be eligible for student visa excluding tuition fee.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
please can 6 months certificate course student be allowed to work in Australia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 12:15am On Oct 18, 2012
Please doesn anyone know if a visa would be granted for someone that wants to do a 2years program under TAFE? And how much muct be in my account/sponsor's account? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
Na wa oh! No answer on the last four questions ebi like say Nigerians dem no too dey go Aussie
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ghettodreamz(m): 6:05am On Oct 22, 2012
kellyemms: Australian universities seems to be expensive to that of uk now! Na wa oh.I will like to do my Msc in networking areas in australia because this country make sense to me in every aspect, I have done the Toefl.The university I have seen which is Monash univerity is Au$23000, this is 3.6million naira.If I am not right plz someone should tell me.This fee seem to be expensive than most uk universities.Plz do international students pay installmentally? And is there any university cheaper than this in Australia.Also, the statement of account does it have to be your parents one,can someone who is not ur family memeber statement be used?Plz you all I need help on this issue,I luv australia,wana study there.

Yep, schools in Aussie are damm expensive,some schools even charge as high as 25k. I think most schools will allow you to pay for the first semester upon application, based on my findings. I will advise you do your due diligence in researching for schools with the lowest fee charges, in that case, Google is your best friend. I was actually planning to travel there for a study too but I'm taking it slow, have to put some other things into considerations, you don't have to put all your eggs in one basket.

Lest I forget, I don't think there should be a problem with using a sponsor account details of someone who is not a family member, a sponsor could be your aunt or uncle with different surname. I think as long as the account has the required amount inside it with some reasonable proofs, you shouldn't have any problem.

I'm sure other forumites who knows more better on the subject matter would come to your aid soon, with more contributions.

Nonetheless, I wish you all the very BEST.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ghettodreamz(m): 6:16am On Oct 22, 2012
wahabcoal:

Sister Jenny, thanks for keeping in touch, trust you're doing Great!
I'm dulling my application kinda due to some factors. I'm getting registered for Oct 29th IELTS, would get a response from the school 2-3weeks I guess then I can file for pretoria(vfs). Is Feb intake still visible or likely?

@ghetto, I found University of wollongong and University of Queensland for u, seems to be affordable (10,000-12,000) annual fee.
How's it been bro?

University of Queensland

2013 International fees - average first year (AUD$) Information Technology 3 001952K $30,400

Brisbane rates well on cost of living indexes for Australian cities

The cost of living will vary according to an individual student’s lifestyle and requirements.

As a guide, a student living in shared accommodation off-campus would pay approximately:

AUD$14,248 a year for rent, food, and utilities, and
approximately AUD$3210 for establishment costs when setting up their accommodation, and
additional living expenses such as public transport, entertainment, telephone costs, textbooks, photocopying and clothing.

University of Wollongong

Bachelor of Computer Science 1 & 2(Intake) 6 (Duration) AUD$12500 (Fee Per session)
Bachelor of Information Technology 1 & 2 (Intake) 6 (Duration) AUD$12500 (Fee Per session)

AT THE BOTTOM PAGE OF THE PDF FILE FOR THE INT'L STUDENT FEE STRUCTURE

* course commences 14 January 2013
** course commences 11 February 2013
*** course commences 2 January 2013
represents half the total course fee
represents half the total course fee. Additional fees apply if more than two teaching methods are taken

The above is confusing because I don't know if that's applicable only to the Master or Undergraduate student but I for one know quite well that there is no any University in Australia that would go so low to $12,500 per session. I've been considering some other alternatives, thanks for the sharing though bro.

Living Expenses

In addition to tuition fees, a single student living in Wollongong will require $10,000 to $12,000 a year – depending on lifestyle – to cover accommodation, food, transport and other expenses including text books and study materials and entertainment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2012
RedReact:

I am sorry for replying late.
What I meant was that I wanted to apply for an postgraduate diploma in engineering at the university of Adelaide so that I can go further into masters of engineering program since I studied Physics and before I can go for a masters degree program in engineering, I need to have a postgraduate diploma in engineering. The graduate secretary now said I can't do PGD but I can only apply for Masters degree and then opt out of the program to graduate with a postgraduate diploma in engineering
(that is d meaning of postgraduate diploma as an entry program). My question then was now to know you if you had idea about postgraduate diploma as an exit program in any Australian universities, you should explain more.

N.B: In my previous post, I mentioned Sydney. Pardon my error. I meant Adelaide.

Ok if i understand you well, you want to do a post grad programme first before the masters degree, right? So if the university is willing to offer you a masters program, which by the way you are planning to undertake in the nearest future, why would you want a post grad programme tha you will do and still need to do the same masters you are being offered? Do I make sense?

Why don't you want to go for the masters directly? Can't you get in?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 23, 2012
dmitroika: Please doesn anyone know if a visa would be granted for someone that wants to do a 2years program under TAFE? And how much muct be in my account/sponsor's account? Thanks.
Yes a visa will be granted. As per financial requirements, click link below

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/572-3/financial.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Gbagbuo: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2012
Pls I dey look for Nigerians in Australia especially western Australia wet go help me with info on accommodation and jobs in regional areas. Anybody of help? I just got skilled regional provisional 475 visa granted[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 1:11am On Oct 29, 2012
jennykadry:
Yes a visa will be granted. As per financial requirements, click link below

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/572-3/financial.htm

thanks a lot jenny i really appreciate your time. I got the amount required from the link you gave me but what i couldn't get is if i can tender a sponsor's bank statement instead of mine. My question is this; my uncle is my sponsor, if i have to show evidence of financial capabilities can i use his bank statement alone if the amount in it will be more than sufficient or must i compulsorily include my bank statement? Thanks in anticipation
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 29, 2012
^^^ yes darling, your uncle can be your sponsor. I have sponsored people myself who are not my kids or immediate family member. All you need is his bank statement
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2012
jennykadry: ^^^ yes darling, your uncle can be your sponsor. I have sponsored people myself who are not my kids or immediate family member. All you need is his bank statement

aiit. You've just made my day. Thanks. I look forward to meet you when i arrive australia lol.. You're a good person.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iamcapela: 12:48am On Oct 30, 2012
@jennykadry,

Good evening ma, I have been following the Australian student visa thread for a while now and I've learnt alot from this thread, I am here to ask a few questions, First off all I have done my Ielts exams with a overall score of 6.0 I've paid my school fees a (TAFE),I've received the COE, Most of my documents are ready, now to the issue of bank statements, my supposed uncle is the one who's sponsoring me, All I have as regards the financial document is just the sponsorship letter he wrote as well as the bank statements and reference from the bank, my question does he needs to provide additional info as to as the funds was accumulated, if he has too, I would have issues as he's just a general/agro allied merchant, he doesn't have a tax clearance or other company documents to give me to support this application, now the question two is as regards the academic documents am to submit along with it, I'm I supposed to send the original copies of my secondary school transcripts, W.A.E.C result as well as my IELTS results to the DIAC in South Africa or just the photocopies which can be notarized by a lawyer? Personal I feel I should send them all of my original supporting documents since they're definitely going to return them back to me. I'll appreciate your prompt reply as to helping me submit my application via VFS in due time.

@beau4lyf,

Hello, I am writing to confirm from you the exact amount of money I'll need to carry out my medical check up at the listed hospitals that you provided, Also when you applied to the DIAC in South Africa, Did you sent your original birth certificate/original academic/Ielts results or just the notarized copies? Becaus I am contemplating on sending my original documents, since it would be returned back to me and I don't have the use for it at the moment.

@ Other thread members I'll like if you could help me with your advise on how to go about submitting the right documents ASAP.

God bless you all abundantly (Amen).. Cheers smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by sesytrice: 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
Good to be on this thread. See you all at the down under!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
jennykadry:

Ok if i understand you well, you want to do a post grad programme first before the masters degree, right? So if the university is willing to offer you a masters program, which by the way you are planning to undertake in the nearest future, why would you want a post grad programme tha you will do and still need to do the same masters you are being offered? Do I make sense?

Why don't you want to go for the masters directly? Can't you get in?

Thank you for your words and I am sorry for replying to it late.
Actually, I don't think I will be offered the Masters straight (not being pessimistic though) because I am moving in to another line entirely. I did Physics at my undergraduate and now want to change it to Engineering at Postgraduate. That is why I am applying for PGD first.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by amattahcj(m): 10:44am On Nov 05, 2012
Pls is anyone living in launceston tasmania Australia ? I'm going there by the end of this year. I just wanna know how the life there is.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by hussein010: 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
hi , I am from Iran with assessment level three.
I took one MBA in Malaysia and Now I wanted to study Master of professional accounting in Australia?
I have few questions :
first as I wanted to apply for stream line visa can I take the visa for Feb intake(orientation is 15/2/2013)?
second: my sponsor is a family friend and he can give me the bank statement but he is not willing to give his salary slep or income tax or ..., can I apply for visa with the bank statement only?
third:three consecutive months, it that mean than in no day of these three month the money is not less than the required month, or it means that the average amount of each month should not be less than this amount?
your early reply will highly appreciated
Thanks
Best regards
Hussein
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kx: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
hussein010: hi , I am from Iran
Hussein
I used to think it was only Nigerians that followed nl this religiously.
Impressive.
Kudos seun

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by hussein010: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
Kx:
I used to think it was only Nigerians that followed nl this religiously.
Impressive.
Kudos seun

hello,
can you please help me to find my answers?
i appreciate that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.