Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You (7867 Views)

Please I Need Good Horror Movies To Watch. / Top Ten Movies That Make You Cry / Nigerian Horror Movies Are More Scary Than American Horror Movies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by PoDeep(m): 11:08am On Feb 21, 2008
Come on!! The hills wasn't even close to scary!

Who's seen "art of the devil"?
I haven't, but I've got a feeling it would be real horrifying!
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by Azanor(m): 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2008
amityville horror was quite scary, but to tell the truth, i dont get scared too easily these days, maybe its because i'm older. however back in the days with the likes of evil dead, omen 1,2 and 3, hell razer, exorcist, and many others i can remember right now there was plenty cause for fear. even the old incredible hulk movies used to scare me.

as for home videos back then we have:
ultimate power
witch doctor of the living dead( i never watched the movie itself, the preview was enough to do damage)
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by Gamine(f): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2008
Witch Doctor of the living dead!!

he eh eheeh

it was scarrrrry

i remember a particular scene where smone went to d pit latrine
to do his thing, and a snake comes out entering the persons a## lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by olu4life(m): 6:42pm On May 16, 2010
Jeeper creepers 1 gav me a bit goose bumps. Bt d part 2 was interestin.
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by steeze(m): 12:45am On May 17, 2010
Witchdoctor of d L.D used 2 mad scary oooo! Remember in d beginning when d taxi driver was tryin 2 get away from those zombies then got killed by d snake that appeared at d back of car? Or when dat woman vomited d snake that entered thru her yansh? And d babalawo wey dey always turn to goat? Mehn, i crack me up. I've watched most of d films mentioned. Evil dead and zombie d flesh eater used to terrify me back then. Got to watch em recently and i was like WTF? I'm dying to c a movie that will literally scare d pants of me. Ideas, anyone?
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by finemocha(f): 2:48am On Nov 01, 2010
american werewolf in london
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by Emmyk(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2010
Most Vampire and Zombie films do. The mummy and the mummy return. Imhotep is coming for you!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by YoungBrain: 10:35am On Nov 01, 2010
Exorcist is my number one scary movie

(I find a lot of american "horror" movies too fanciful to be scary)
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by montelik(m): 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2010
There was this local yoruba series called Koto Orun. That shit scared d living daylights out of me and gave me recurring nightmares for weeks when I was younger. Pretty sure if I watch it know it would seem more like a comedy.
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by kokoye(m): 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
go watch 'burning hell' if you can lay ur hands on it.

You will be truly born again effortlessly for months grin
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by olu4life(m): 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2010
Just watched THE GRUDGE 1 & 2 recently, i almost fell off my seat. And also gave me goose bump
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by dastudent(m): 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
Evil dead scared the living daylight out of me when i was a kid.
Now that i watch it,i see it has just a simple comedy.
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by sexxxxy(f): 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2010
davidif:

Halloween (the original one of 1978) is definitely the scariest movie i ever watched next to "the grudge". I remember watching halloween when i was in naija around 1:00 am at night, all the lights were switched off and everybody had gone to bed; one of the most horrifying experiences of my life.
The grudge was too scary that i couldn't watch it in one sitting. The movie started with a bang, and i was fascinated until things started getting really really weird, i would watch for a while and get scared and try to finish it days later but couldn't stomach the scenes and would leave again only to eventually conclude the movie several weeks later ha ha ha. 

Also, let's not forget the "willi willi" series (hot cash), the tune (or the theme) of that TV series still sends chills up my spine till this day when i try to remember it (i am dead serious). The Mount Zion Christian movies also did some damage to me psychologically, it is fair to say that they scarred me mentally like the "Agbara Nla" (ultimate power) and "Lost Forever". I don't care what nobody say but babies like us should never have been exposed to movies like that at such a young age, it really traumatizes a child for life especially subconsciously.

spot on , our parents should never have allowed us to watch horror movies, scarred,

my worst one was Zombie flesh eater, i used to scream and cover my ears,so i dont hear the sounds,and my dad will go , come here,sit down here and watch it,u chicken, but he just didnt understand the damage that movie was doin to me, hated it,

Evil dead ,was another killer,

now i get scared of horror moves, but in a funny way,i scream and laugh, though saw 4 and my bloody valentine was not funny at all,
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by adexchamp(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2010
Go and watch SAW 1 and 2 and u'll be scared to death, lolz
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by Afam4eva(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2010
I really don't get scared these days when i watch horror movies. But some movies that scared the hell out of me, not because they are more scary than other movies that i have watched are Jeepers creepers 1 & 2, One missed call, Nneka the pretty serpent(don't think it will scare me now) and those mount zion movies.
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by zenus(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2010
my best choose so far
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by gyde(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2010
SAW 1,2,3,4,5,awaiting the final-6
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by bejeria101(m): 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2010
shocked grin guys they dont do them like they use to maybe its about the story not just some one running after you with a big knife lol
the ones they do now are more like thrillers!!
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by DoubleN(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2010
Has to be the Grudge. That movie is damn scary!
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by pkasso(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2010
Grrrrrrr!!!.Saw! So bloody!
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2010
gyde:

SAW 1,2,3,4,5,awaiting the final-6
SAW part 6 is not the final part. There is a part 7. I wonder how many parts that movie would end up having.
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by maedan(f): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2010
The Saw series are definitely the scariest movies ever, and looking at the trailer of Saw 3D the latest instalment, I think I'd be incapable of watching d full movie.
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by bigfather(m): 1:02am On Nov 16, 2010
maedan:

The Saw series are definitely the scariest movies ever, and looking at the trailer of Saw 3D the latest instalment, I think I'd be incapable of watching d full movie.

I so much hate the SAW series. I had a serious FEVER sadwhen i watched the movie. But my most feared movie back then was AIYE and JAIYESIMI by HERBERT OGUNDE . I bet , you can't watch this movie all alone. grin
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by debola23(f): 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2010
What about Ti Oluwa Nile, especially the parts where they show the orisa iles, i think the first picture was dat of a young girl with a very scary painted face, it was like she was staring at me directly and i couldnt get her face off my mind for days after watching. I peed on my bed for w whole week at night cos i couldnt go to the bathroom alone. smiley
Re: Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You by Rexia(f): 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
steeze:
Witchdoctor of d L.D used 2 mad scary oooo! Remember in d beginning when d taxi driver was tryin 2 get away from those zombies then got killed by d snake that appeared at d back of car? Or when dat woman vomited d snake that entered thru her yansh? And d babalawo wey dey always turn to goat? Mehn, i crack me up. I've watched most of d films mentioned. Evil dead and zombie d flesh eater used to terrify me back then. Got to watch em recently and i was like WTF? I'm dying to c a movie that will literally scare d pants of me. Ideas, anyone?
Okay then watch these movies there are new
Mirrors 2
Anabelle creation
From a house on willow street
Night of the witch
The crucifixion
The unborn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bleach: The Best Zanpaktou And Its Unique Characteristics / The BENJAMINS...thriller (NB: +18 above acclaimed soft P*O*R*N !! / A Place In The Stars - Trailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.