Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Dont Dare Read This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dont Dare Read This (758 Views)

How Dare You Reject My Google Adsense Application? / If You Dare To Lose, Join Me! / Paste And Press Enter If You Dare! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Dare Read This by wiseone007: 10:59am On Jan 03, 2008
HI GUYS PLEASE DON'T MIND THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD BUT IT IS OUT OF FRUSTRATION. I CREATED THIS BLOG TOCHISPEAKS..COM AND I POSTED HERE THAT I NEED CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM SO AS TO IMPROVE ON IT, BUT TILL NOW NOBODY HAS REPLIED TO ME IS THAT NAIRALANDERS ARE STINGY WITH THEIR KNOWLEDGE OR WHAT. SO PLEASE LOOK AT MY BLOG AND TELL ME WHERE I SHOULD IMPROVE. ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER. I AWAIT YOU CONSTUCTIVE CRITICISM. TOCHISPEAKS..COM
Re: Dont Dare Read This by my2cents(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2008
LOL wiseone,

your title reminds me of my first job in the US - cashier.

Being my first job, of course I was out to please my employers. When other (smart) cashiers would take their time, I was busy being so fast, you would think I was competing for the Olympics. As a result, my line was always the longest. One thing that would piss me off though was that just when I was about to close, my line would get even longer, even after placing the "this lane closed" sign in front of my register.

So trust warri boy (dem no dey lose. Highest na draw abi? tongue), I came up with an answer - I wrote a sign that said, "Don't read this: This lane close". That is when they finally got the message. However, some reported me to the manager saying I was trying to be smart with them and that they found my sign insulting. In the end, I took it down but I made my point as once I put up the original sign, people stopped coming.

Back to your request. Sorry, but you won't get a response from me. It's nothing personal. It's just that I don't comment on blogs cos for the most part, all blogs look the same from a layout perspective. Now, if it is possible for you to customize it (and you probably can't, given the URL), then I will comment. Having said that, if I may, I would probably say you should consider something other than pink for a background color. It wreaks of feminism. Nothing wrong with that but your blog isn't about that abi?

Once again, nothing personal from me. In fact, I will make a deal with you - develop a website and announce it here. I promise to be among the first to respond cool
Re: Dont Dare Read This by twinstaiye(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2008
Instead of "dont dare read this", why dont you just choose a better topic, that way, the person interested know what he is coming to do on your thread.
I just rush to you rblog, and to me, it is okay. I hope you register also with Nigerian blog aggregator or better still Afrigator, they both directs traffic to your blog and you get people to comments on your write-ups.

Aside this, I think the title needs another look, Tochi alone is not catchy enough, and the google adsense is too much. That is just my own comments, aside that, the blog is okay. Check out this comments on your blog also.
Re: Dont Dare Read This by nduaj(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hello,
To be honest , i am impressed @ ur creativity in makin us view ya website by force. u shud probably think about seeking a job in an adverstising agency. well, back to your site, one thing i kno about site reviews in nairaland is that pple wanna see wat u can do. and not what you can do with another mans software.
If yu design a blog from ground up, post it ere and trust me, i kno a lot of constant web designers that will comment on yu. but for now, guy , i dont think anyone has the tim to comment on a blog u didnt design yurself.

No hard fellings man, its just me thot. but come to think of it, what is PINK doin on your site? are u selling perfumes or somethin feminine??

nuff said for now.
Re: Dont Dare Read This by wiseone007: 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hi guys thanks for all you have said. i have changed the colour and i have updated it check it out. tochispeaks..com
Re: Dont Dare Read This by wiseone007: 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2008
HI all thanks for your comments, as i said if i had not used that topic nobody would have come to my aid even now 40 people have viewd this and only three have left comments. thanks once again
Re: Dont Dare Read This by my2cents(m): 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2008
homework for you wiseone,

come up with a site from scratch and i personally guarantee you that though you may get 40 views, you will get at least 10 comments. cool
Re: Dont Dare Read This by wiseone007: 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
@my2cents thanks for the offer. At the moment i am building a site which would blow your mind, i hope to finish it this month. Thanks all. tochispeaks..com

(1) (Reply)

Blip / Asp.net Vs Php / Pls How Do I Go About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.