Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions (9625 Views)

Arms Deal Disbursements "I Was Acted On Jonathan's Instructions" .. Dasuki / PDP Goes Tough On Governors Who Want To Go To Senate / FG To Go Tough On Private Jet Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by draogtech: 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
Nigerian Senators go tough on Jonathan

Premium Times
Published: February 13,2013

Senators on Wednesday went hard on President Goodluck Jonathan condemning him for not implementing Senate resolutions.
“We have no reason to be here. If we will pass resolutions and the executive will not implement them, then what are we doing here,” Smart Adeyemi, the Senator representing Kogi Central said on the floor of the Senate.
Mr. Adeyemi castigated the Executive for retaining the head of the Nigeria pension reform task force, Abdulrasheed Maina, despite his indictment for corruption by lawmakers.

Details later

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/120078-breaking-news-nigerian-senators-go-tough-on-jonathan.html
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Dejohnbull: 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
Sooooowhat?. 1't com.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by ikee(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
Fake link, probably fake news
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Gbawe: 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
ikee: Fake link, probably fake news

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/120078-breaking-news-nigerian-senators-go-tough-on-jonathan.html

Nigerian Senators go tough on Jonathan

Premium Times
Published: February 13,2013

Senators on Wednesday went hard on President Goodluck Jonathan condemning him for not implementing Senate resolutions.
“We have no reason to be here. If we will pass resolutions and the executive will not implement them, then what are we doing here,” Smart Adeyemi, the Senator representing Kogi Central said on the floor of the Senate.
Mr. Adeyemi castigated the Executive for retaining the head of the Nigeria pension reform task force, Abdulrasheed Maina, despite his indictment for corruption by lawmakers.
Details later
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by GARRIx7(m): 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
I watched a part of the session on NTA. The guy was actually furious!!!

It's a shame that David Mark's loyalty (as well as that of most senators) is to the Presidency and not to Nigerians. That explains why the Senate has been reduced to a "Rubber Stamp" establishment.

The house of Rep is far more vibrant and dynamic than the Senate, though still full of corrupt thieves....

3 Likes

Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hmmm.... I hope it's not a case of making all the noise in the world, only to go quiet once the Ghana-must-go bags are delivered.

1 Like

Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Clerverly: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
Which Senate? Is it that primary school with one local headmaster from Benue State Mtchewww, Abeg Musiwa10-15, show me the satellite lipsrsealed
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by miiraaj: 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
Who is the senator talking to? undecided
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
Clerverly: Which Senate? Is it that primary school with one local headmaster from Benue State Mtchewww, Abeg Musiwa10-15, show me the satellite lipsrsealed

lol at Musiwa10 - 15
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Omen100(m): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
Space taken.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by ebamma(m): 6:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
All na wash, after an exchange of ghana must go bags we no go hear this story again
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
Retardeen is always high on kai-kai 24-7

He no get time for anything not related to alcohol and fish peppersoup

2 Likes

Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by gramci: 6:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
Gej needs to release these men january allowee gringringrin
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by princemaicheal: 6:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
ikee: Fake link, probably fake news
Very real.
@topic,the president has got to start to take the resolutions of the senate seriously.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by allout: 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
Let them all resign, we'll know they're serious and rally behind them. . . in absentia! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by azimibraun: 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
Easier said than done.. Even they themselves knw its jst shakara. Dey aint gt nofin on GEJ bt he gt a whole lot on dem.. E.g he will control d media wen dey go 2 war and u guys knw wt dt means.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by slimfit1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
Well what do you expect when you have a useless president that can't lead and an assembly that can't make and amend laws and judges that can't carry out there responsibilities properly you get a confused state filled with confused people.

7 Likes

Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Geomac: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu: Retardeen is always high on kai-kai 24-7

Do you work in Aso Rock? How come you know all this?
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by dayokanu(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
Geomac:

Do you work in Aso Rock? How come you know all this?

Reuben Abati told us that much in a press release
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Tolexander: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
well! They can beat themselves.
They shouldn't go tough on each others if they know they won't fight.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by obicentlis: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
Na today?

1 Like

Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
define hard and how hard.. pitiful buffoons
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by vislabraye(m): 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
I remember someone once called them congregation of fools. Its been long I heard that word about them.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by kutchs: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu: Retardeen is always high on kai-kai 24-7

Why am I not surprised at ur utterance. Silly and juvenile as always.
The question u shud ask and answer is is the president constitutionally obliged to implement senate‘s resolution?
Who made the senate a court to find one guilty of an act? The established courts of laws are there to handle cases such as Maina‘s and the senate has no business calling for his removal. It‘s not their job, they should take their case to the court to decide if Maina is guilty as charged.
So guy when you want to post dont drink and dont smoke, they are not gud 4 ur failing health.

4 Likes

Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Geomac: 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Reuben Abati told us that much in a press release
lol
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
The information minister once said out is not mandatory for the president to act on all resolution, he "Mr "president" decides to use there resolution or not. The man is angry seeing small super eagle boys and keshi bagging money from government.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by countryfirst: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
the epic battles of thieves.... mr president is either give them their (bogus) constituency project allowance and continue with partial or misapplication of budgetary funds or deny them and run a more transparent government (u cant eat your cake and still have it mr preisido)
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Symphony007: 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2013
The national assembly clearly don't know their limits!! In as much as they have the right of oversight over the executive, they have no right ordering the executive on how to run the nation, the house of reps is threatning to call the president is appear before them like he was appionted by them, this senate passes so much resolutions, it gets ridiculous..i once watched a senator on the house floor calling for a resolution to sack a permanent secetary in a ministry..is'nt that absurd? This people need to know their place and i blame the supreme court for being a bunch of old wax works who do nothing!! Pointing out this clear infrigement is their job!!!
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Omexonomy: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
slim fit :
Well what do you expect when you have a useless president that can't lead and an assembly that can't make and amend laws and judges that can't carry out there responsibilities properly you get a confused state filled with confused people.
where you not taught moral instructions in ur useless tertiary institution.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Walexz02(m): 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
If a lion is leading an army of sheep,trust me they will win the war..... But in the case of nation, A lamp is leading an army of lion, and that is failure I swear.
Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by danny301: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
vislabraye: I remember someone once called them congregation of fools. Its been long I heard that word about them.

That person that called them congregation of fools is something less than a fool, because i know if he the opportunity of joining them he will not think twice..... Majority of Nigerians are blind critics, they lack objectivity in their criticisms, they go about insulting every public holder just for the fun of it.... Leaders all over the world have their short-coming but i have never seen anywhere people go about insulting their leaders they way Nigerians do. What exactly is Nigerians obsession about people in public office? we hate PDP, we hate opposition parties, we castigate the presidency, we insult National assembly members, we find fault with whatever happens in the army, Will Jesus come down from heaven to lead this country. We really need a shift in paradigm.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions by Omexonomy: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
kutchs:
Why am I not surprised at ur utterance. Silly and juvenile as always.

So guy when you want to post dont drink and dont smoke, they are not gud 4 ur failing health.
that was exactly my advice to them that they should stop drinking raw enthanol and smoking cheap weed before posting on this forum and i got a ban for one month by the moderators.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebira Youth Congress (EYC) Protest Erratic Power Supply (Photos) / Daniel Bwala: Wike 'Frustrated' PDP Zoning Policy / Random Pictures From Kano Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.