Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence (12752 Views)

5 Supreme Court Workers Sacked Over Leaked Judgment / Pharmaceutical Society Of Nigeria (press Release) On Cynthia's Murder Case / Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by free2ryhme: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2012

The management of Cosmilla Hotel in Lagos, where the late Miss Cynthia Udoka Osokogu was murdered by some men she met on Facebook, has sacked all the staff of the hotel that were on duty, the day of the murder.

The hotel, which is located at Lake View Estate, Amuwo Odofin in Lagos State, is said to have a tradition of ‘proper screening’ of its guests at the point of checking-in, by demanding valid identification of prospective guests.

The front-desk officer was said to have breached the established procedure, paving way for difficulty in identifying the body of the deceased as her attackers had taken away all items that could assist in identifying her.

The hotel rules demand that guests must present their ID cards or passport before given a room in the hotel.

The fake identities of the suspects had made it difficult for the police at Area ‘F’ Command to quickly solve the murder riddle.

Although only two of the suspects were paraded before journalists at the Lagos State Police Command, two others, Orji Osita and Maduako Chukwunonso, who were the pharmacists that sold the drug, used to sedate the late Cynthia, were on Monday, arraigned before the Yaba Magistrates’ Court with the main suspects.

The case is adjourned to the 3rd of October.

The Delta State-born victim who met her untimely death is set to be buried September 7.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/30/managment-sacks-hotel-workers-for-negligence-over-cynthias-death/
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Onyeasi(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
Sad News
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
Good. Like we are getting it gradually. Sorry for the innocent staff, but that is the price for quality services.

5 Likes

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by santakris(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
Whats their own na. How it take concern them.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Navalsadiq(m): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
How unfortunate!it sadens my heart to see how this young gurlz life was trown to the wind.may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Exponental(m): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Other hotels to learn from dis.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by freecocoa(f): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hmm is this really happening in Naija? Shey na because na big man pikin die ni?

Well its all good, i just hope this will teach others a lesson on how to do things right.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by massivetech: 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
medicine after death
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by free2ryhme: 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm is this really happening in Naija? Shey na because na big man pikin die ni?

Well its all good, i just hope this will teach others a lesson on how to do things right.

Justice has a price tag wink
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by fankasibe: 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
i no blame them, at least they must blame it on somebody.....i no blame them shaaaa cry cry cry cry
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Chanchit: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
massive tech: medicine after death

Its not medicine after death o, cos it would help other upcoming victims..

1 Like

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by massivetech: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
which way na? I saw an empty post and wanted 2 be d first 2 comment and like magic i'm number 9. Why i be say na when i wan comment una con comment.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
What a damage to the hotel's reputation!
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by livingstoneony(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
free2ryhme:

The management of Cosmilla Hotel in Lagos, where the late Miss Cynthia Udoka Osokogu was murdered by some men she met on Facebook, has sacked all the staff of the hotel that were on duty, the day of the murder.

The hotel, which is located at Lake View Estate, Amuwo Odofin in Lagos State, is said to have a tradition of ‘proper screening’ of its guests at the point of checking-in, by demanding valid identification of prospective guests.

The front-desk officer was said to have breached the established procedure, paving way for difficulty in identifying the body of the deceased as her attackers had taken away all items that could assist in identifying her.

The hotel rules demand that guests must present their ID cards or passport before given a room in the hotel.

The fake identities of the suspects had made it difficult for the police at Area ‘F’ Command to quickly solve the murder riddle.

Although only two of the suspects were paraded before journalists at the Lagos State Police Command, two others, Orji Osita and Maduako Chukwunonso, who were the pharmacists that sold the drug, used to sedate the late Cynthia, were on Monday, arraigned before the Yaba Magistrates’ Court with the main suspects.

The Delta State-born victim who met her untimely death is set to be buried September 7.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/30/managment-sacks-hotel-workers-for-negligence-over-cynthias-death/
#dey should chill on dis issue man is it because her pops is a retird gen. Dat dey r trying to involve everybody in this....tinz like dis have happnd b4 if d NPF want to b very effective as dey r posing to b ryt now dey should go back and solve d other cases and stop pretending to b working here cos dey aint doing jack...boko haram still dey ooo dey should solve dat riddle too because enuff pple have died on dia accnt!
*my mind sha* angry
free2ryhme:

#dey should chill on dis issue man is it because her pops is a retird gen. Dat dey r trying to involve everybody in this....tinz like dis have happnd b4 if d NPF want to b very effective as dey r posing to b ryt now dey should go back and solve d other cases and stop pretending to b working here cos dey aint doing jack...boko haram still dey ooo dey should solve dat riddle too because enuff pple have died on dia accnt!
*my mind sha*
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Afam4eva(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
The hotel should be shut down too because that's the venue of the crime. They're using the innocent staff as a scape goat. Was it not the hotel that employed that quality of staff? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
I have an exception to this. You really can't blame the hotel staff for not documenting the lady. If someone had booked an hotel room and invited a guest over, does the guest need to be screened? From what I understand, the room was already booked by the accused and there was no need to document her since she didn't make the booking, thus the difficulty faced in identifying her.

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2012
story

people dey give id for short time
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
Remaining for them to close business. Better luck next time. sad
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
Damage control measure. How many hotel for naija dey colect ID before dey give you room?

Anyway they ve got to redeem their image sha.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by gen2briz(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
Increase in unemployment...
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by femiseun1: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
cash247: I have an exception to this. You really can't blame the hotel staff for not documenting the lady. If someone had booked an hotel room and invited a guest over, does the guest need to be screened? From what I understand, the room was already booked by the accused and there was no need to document her since she didn't make the booking, thus the difficulty faced in identifying her.

GBAM ... U understand the story very well and provided a good answer to the stupid conclusion made by the hotel management. The hotel should be shutdown and license revoked
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Emmawhite14(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2012
In my country naija evrything evil/bad most hpn b4 we learn and after that it won't take time muchtime we'll stl make the same mistake,dis is national disease.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Gearwheel(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
poor staff undecided
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
livingstoneony: #dey should chill on dis issue man is it because her pops is a retird gen. Dat dey r trying to involve everybody in this....tinz like dis have happnd b4 if d NPF want to b very effective as dey r posing to b ryt now dey should go back and solve d other cases and stop pretending to b working here cos dey aint doing jack...boko haram still dey ooo dey should solve dat riddle too because enuff pple have died on dia accnt!
*my mind sha* angry#dey should chill on dis issue man is it because her pops is a retird gen. Dat dey r trying to involve everybody in this....tinz like dis have happnd b4 if d NPF want to b very effective as dey r posing to b ryt now dey should go back and solve d other cases and stop pretending to b working here cos dey aint doing jack...boko haram still dey ooo dey should solve dat riddle too because enuff pple have died on dia accnt!
*my mind sha*
what u typed here is arrant nonesense.do u know d gravity of passion a father has 4 his daughter?its as strong as a mothers love to her son nto worsen d matter she is now an only child.dey av d parents childless.do u know how it feels to raise a child from conception only to die @ 24 and ure hear puttin sentiments to it.i dont blame d parents if dey see d end of d matter bfor dey back off,if i were d one too i will use every influence n power within my disposal to ensure justice.i feel for the mother in particular cos she has mothered dat gal for 24 yrs,counselled her,jisted with her,spanked her,rebuked her,loved her and one day shes dead.i know uve nt felt how it feels to loose a daughter but some people have.by d way is it at dat womans age dat shell start gettin preggy again and nursing anoda child.d woman if am nt mistaken shud b in her late 5os.smh
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Abujafood: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2012

What should the hotel have done then?
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Bright2(m): 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
Sack?!! Medicine after death.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by clip: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
Does the law of the hotel includes that guest ' s visitor must submit ID card? They are using the defenseless staff to win cheap popularity
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by mrnatural(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm is this really happening in Naija? Shey na because na big man pikin die ni?

My dear I sAid thesame thing on FB o! But heads has got to roll so it looks as if the hotel mgt are doing something bout it
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by suco50(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
"The management of Cosmilla Hotel in Lagos, where the late Miss Cynthia Udoka Osokogu was murdered by some men she met on Facebook, has sacked all the staff of the hotel that were on duty, the day of the murder" - Scope:
It's senseless sacking all staff on duty on the day crime was committed. Do the Hotel Mgnt means the cleaners, cooks, bar-men etc on duty on the fateful day were sacked too? Nonsense!!!
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Nextworldnx(m): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
Some hotels that i know have a standing protocol of checking out dsame number of clients that booked in. I.e, if u book in as 3 then u must check out as 3, if not, they call d room to check on d remaining.
Those are d kind of hotels i use, and i suggest u‘all do dsame atleast for ur safety.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Part Of Nigeria’ll Be Used As Experimental Terror State –FG / Buhari Signs FCT 2016 Budget / National Assembly Are Not Children You Can Dictate To, PDP Tells Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.