Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence (12744 Views)

5 Supreme Court Workers Sacked Over Leaked Judgment / Pharmaceutical Society Of Nigeria (press Release) On Cynthia's Murder Case / Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by foyeks2001(f): 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
Got tired of dis news jor
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by NobleAngell(f): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dats obviously because she s a rich man's daughter. How many poor people die everyday, and we neva hear about it and no1 looses his job. Wen a poor man's daughter dies, life goes on but wen a rich man's daughter dies, ppl loose dia jobs. Wonderful!
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
When something bad like this happens,everyone seems confused.you will always find someone to blame or sack.the deed has been done.I only pray that justice be done so that cynthia spirit will not continue to linger.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by PRETTYCHI4GODY: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
WELL THOSE GUYS MUST BE MAD. MAY MY SISTER'S SOUL REST IN PEACE AMEN. BUT IF WAS THE ONE, NO MATTER HOW MUCH CLOSE U ARE WITH WITH UR FRIEND, U DON'T TAKE ME TO UR HOUSE WITH UR FRIEND, U DON'T TAKE MEE TO A HOTEL OR ANY PRIVATE PLACE WITH ANY ONE. WE MUST GO ALONE. ALREADY I KNOW ONE MAN CANNOT MURDER ME.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by ujukala: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
stop reminding us of the sad story please.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by duni04(m): 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
If they could charge the innocent young man that supposedly sold the sedative to Cynthia's murderers with murder, a young boy doing his IT at the pharmacy and who may not even have been on duty when the drug was sold, I see no reason why hotel workers who were there at the scene of the murder, who spoke to the murderers and gave them a room, who allowed the murderers book a room without ID'S, should not be charged for murder too. Is it because they have money? Ultimately, this trial is going to turn into a charade and a serious miscarriage of justice.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by PRETTYCHI4GODY: 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
I THOUGHT IS ONLY POOR PEOPLES CHILDREN THAT MEETS MEN LIKE THAT, IF THEY CLAIM THAT CYNTHIA'S FATHER IS RICH, HOW MUCH IS FLIGHT TICKET THAT SHE CANNOT AFFORD TO GO AND BUY HER GOODS. A LOT OF GIRLS USE WHAT THEY HAVE TO ENRICH THEIR PARENTS. GOD KNOWS THE BEST.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by duni04(m): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
girl king: it is amazing how one girls stewpidity is affecting so many people! since I hv being reading the story on NL; I just felt how does it affect the price of garry I buy. But just yesterday my mom saw me operating my phone( I was not even browsing) and she said if I had heard what happened to this girl and all this our Facebook nonsense, etc etc.
very funny but harsh grin
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by MMM2(m): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
2 bad 4 d worker
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by texazzpete(m): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
Bloody lies on the part of the hotel management.

I've stayed in some other Cosmilla suites before and never have I been asked to produce identification before checking in.

All this medicine-after-death whitewashing of reputation is just so obvious!
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by 2sexy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
santakris: Whats their own na. How it take concern them.
Do you know that it take years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it? Ah... You are not a business man so you don't know what it is like to soil one's name. Okay. Go build a business hand me a bulldozer to destroy it in a few minutes...

Would you want to spend the night in an hotel where someone was murdered in cold blood? I bet it's better imagined that experienced....
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by coogar: 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
texazzpete: Bloody lies on the part of the hotel management.

I've stayed in some other Cosmilla suites before and never have I been asked to produce identification before checking in.

All this medicine-after-death whitewashing of reputation is just so obvious!

that's nigeria for you - if it's possible, police would arrest the hotel staff just to milk money from them. it was from this same hotel the police were able to watch the cctv of the murder suspects and get their identities - but someone must always pay the price when something like this happens. the hotel staff would join the 45 million unemployed youths in the country!

nigeria - i hail thee!
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by crackhouse(m): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
Abeg wetin be the room number of the room where she was killed?. That room must be avoided.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by greall1: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
GUY YOU BE ASHAWO.NA SHORT TIME YOU DEY DO FOR HOTEL LOL

oyb: story

people dey give id for short time
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by poweredcom(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dats why I hate dis country ....wetin no concern the workers now they are sacked out of jobs ...because of one cynthia who refused to use her brain but her body ..to flirt...its just because cynthia popman is an ex genreal ...big man pikin dats why this is being followed properly ... Had it been cynthia is from a poor background with no connection -- dpo go die the case ...case close
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by TimAllen: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
What happened to all the rape and death cases over the last years. Inclusive of the ones posted on the net. I remember the authorities had a nonchalant attitude towards those cases. What makes this special abeg....Is it that the other girls arent humans......
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by lumeneng22: 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
Our girls and women in general, shine your eyes well well from now. Dont drink anything artificially packed juice from any man whether known or stranger,drink from bottle with straw and make sure it is open in your present. You know wara i mean na. Dont be carried away be watchful for the normal sound when a bottle is open.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Dede1(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2012
oyb: story

people dey give id for short time

I understand you have mastered the nuances of short time.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Dede1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
free2ryhme:

The management of Cosmilla Hotel in Lagos, where the late Miss Cynthia Udoka Osokogu was murdered by some men she met on Facebook, has sacked all the staff of the hotel that were on duty, the day of the murder.

The hotel, which is located at Lake View Estate, Amuwo Odofin in Lagos State, is said to have a tradition of ‘proper screening’ of its guests at the point of checking-in, by demanding valid identification of prospective guests.

The front-desk officer was said to have breached the established procedure, paving way for difficulty in identifying the body of the deceased as her attackers had taken away all items that could assist in identifying her.

The hotel rules demand that guests must present their ID cards or passport before given a room in the hotel.

The fake identities of the suspects had made it difficult for the police at Area ‘F’ Command to quickly solve the murder riddle.

Although only two of the suspects were paraded before journalists at the Lagos State Police Command, two others, Orji Osita and Maduako Chukwunonso, who were the pharmacists that sold the drug, used to sedate the late Cynthia, were on Monday, arraigned before the Yaba Magistrates’ Court with the main suspects.

The case is adjourned to the 3rd of October.

The Delta State-born victim who met her untimely death is set to be buried September 7.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/30/managment-sacks-hotel-workers-for-negligence-over-cynthias-death/

This is a typical Nigerian style of approach to solving crimes. I am surprised the authority has not shutdown the hotel yet. Hotel rooms are made to be rented out to public for certain business transactions. What is the business of hotel management with a room certain blogger rented for a short time?
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Oppy1: 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
free2ryhme:

The management of Cosmilla Hotel in Lagos, where the late Miss Cynthia Udoka Osokogu was murdered by some men she met on Facebook, has sacked all the staff of the hotel that were on duty, the day of the murder.

The hotel, which is located at Lake View Estate, Amuwo Odofin in Lagos State, is said to have a tradition of ‘proper screening’ of its guests at the point of checking-in, by demanding valid identification of prospective guests.

The front-desk officer was said to have breached the established procedure, paving way for difficulty in identifying the body of the deceased as her attackers had taken away all items that could assist in identifying her.

The hotel rules demand that guests must present their ID cards or passport before given a room in the hotel.

The fake identities of the suspects had made it difficult for the police at Area ‘F’ Command to quickly solve the murder riddle.

Although only two of the suspects were paraded before journalists at the Lagos State Police Command, two others, Orji Osita and Maduako Chukwunonso, who were the pharmacists that sold the drug, used to sedate the late Cynthia, were on Monday, arraigned before the Yaba Magistrates’ Court with the main suspects.

The case is adjourned to the 3rd of October.

The Delta State-born victim who met her untimely death is set to be buried September 7.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/30/managment-sacks-hotel-workers-for-negligence-over-cynthias-death/
well why oct 3
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by oba2flex(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
"Hotel is said to have a tradition of proper screening" RUBBISH! Now they've sacked innocent staff just to save their image.Does that bring back the dead? Just pray for the soul of the departed jor!
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by Tellmeurmind: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
may her soul rest in peace. children,this is a lesson to u.always think abt ur parents before u make a move.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by norrisman: 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
duni04: If they could charge the innocent young man that supposedly sold the sedative to Cynthia's murderers with murder, a young boy doing his IT at the pharmacy and who may not even have been on duty when the drug was sold, I see no reason why hotel workers who were there at the scene of the murder, who spoke to the murderers and gave them a room, who allowed the murderers book a room without ID'S, should not be charged for murder too. Is it because they have money? Ultimately, this trial is going to turn into a charade and a serious miscarriage of justice.

Like you read my mind. Thank God we still have a few sane people in Nigeria because it seems the majority are brainless morons.

Why havent they charged the hotel staff with murder including the housekeeper who cleaned the room that a murder was committed in and the gateman that opened the gate to the hotel a murder was committed in. Lets not stop there. Let them also charge the cab driver that took the murderers to the airport to pick Cynthia as he drove the car that was used to pick up a girl that was murdered. Let them also charge the man/woman that sold the murderes pure water in traffic on their way to pick up a girl they murdered. Lets even charge their parents for having sex to produce offspring that committed murder

mtsheewwwww.

Nigeria: Rubbish people, Uselss country
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by oladayo042: 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
Why do I think the hotel is just playing to the gallery?
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by yohannazack(m): 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
Too bad cynthia died dis way. Such a lively gal. All her mates frm nsu wil really miss her. May her gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by yohannazack(m): 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
That hotel shuld be clozd down and the perpetrators shuld be executed if found guilty without taken time. Cause justice delay is justice deniey
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by jumobi1(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2012
Were they fired because they didn't collect ID or because the suspect provided fake IDs?
The hotel should provide scanners for IDs. If it doesn't exist in Nigeria then don't blame the workers.
Nigeria is just a mess.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by gbadexy(m): 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
The hotel needed fall guys.
Those staffs were simply scape goat, but that is how it works.
If the management has been checking the register also, they would have noticed such unethical conducts before or deter those staffs from neglecting to properly identifying their customers.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by logica(m): 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
free2ryhme: the police at Area ‘F’ Command
Area 'E' not 'F'.
Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by logica(m): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
jumobi1: Were they fired because they didn't collect ID or because the suspect provided fake IDs?
Please read the original post and understand. They were fired for not getting the ID of the victim. That's what made it difficult to identify who she was after the criminals took away all her belongings.

But I must say our police force's MO is what actually made it so difficult to identify the woman. There is nothing wrong with them being able to announce that a dead body was discovered and any families with missing relatives that fit the description should come for identification. Also I don't know how everybody in the hotel were not properly questioned after they discovered a dead body that obviously was a murder victim in a room.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence by kidiat: 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
We a getting there, most of the young one will beg to apply but when they get there, they don't want to work, they only want money, it serve them right
t

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Knows Oil Thieves –el-rufai / Alamieyeseigha’s Son May Have Died Of Drug Overdose In Dubai / Akeredolu Swears-In Newly Elected Local Government Chairmen And Deputies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.