Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? (1297 Views)

If Jesus Is Called The Son Of God, Do You Think That Makes Him God? / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by TeekayAkin: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
''LET YOUR GOD DO HIS DAMN WORK HIMSELF..

FUNNY! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUR GOD WAS CREATING THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AS YOU CLAIM?
Where were you?
Did it need your help?
Did it need you?
Did it need your money?

Now you think some god needs you to work for it?

How insane and insulting to your so called god?
Do you people understand the magnitude of the tale of a god you throw around at all?

For some reason the god is said to have created all this planets and stars all by itself, billions of them and now it needs you humans to work for it, speak for it, do its work, his business, fight for it, defend it, spread its word etc..

HA HA!

WHat utter insanity!

WAKE UP!!!

The arrogance that drives you lot is just appalling.. To think some god needs you or your money or energy or time. Man is really full of himself, innit?

LET THAT GOD DO ITS JOB - MAKE WE SEE!!!
NA HERE I STAND!!!''- Teekay Akin FreedomMovementVoice
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by CrazyMan(m): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
Having read your write up, I consulted my bible for answers.

And guess what...I found just what I was look forbelow is my comment
Proverbs 14:7

Stay away from a fool,
for you will not find knowledge on their lips.
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by TeekayAkin: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
That is the problem..

You lot shay away from reasoning, but rather bury your heads in books written by other men like you. Men from some deserts almost 2000 years ago as they claimed.

Books that were brought to your lands under a system called slavery - Where the slave has no choice but to worship, follow and obey the master, his ways, religions gods etc.

And some how we claim to be free and independent. We claim that slavery is over BUT only we have failed to let go!

We hang on to the chains and wonder why our lives are in this mess and regressing.!!

WAKE UP!!

Reasoning is your duty and responsibility!!

Now back to the issue?
Why not let your big, powerful god do its work itself? Make we see?
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by nikkyshyne(f): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
PROVERB 18:2 ~ FOOLS HAVE NO INTEREST IN UNDERSTANDING, THEY ONLY WANT TO AIR THEIR OWN OPINIONS.

PROVERB 26:4 ~ WHEN ARGUING WITH FOOLS, DON'T ANSWER THEIR FOOLISH ARGUMENTS, OR YOU WILL BECOME AS FOOLISH AS THEY ARE.
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by CrazyMan(m): 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
God bless you nikkyshyne
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by Avicenna: 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
Wonder why NONE even attacked the post, only to go for the personality.

Fools? Fools?

Who exactly is a fool?
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by CrazyMan(m): 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
I'm not an atheist, I'm a christian...so as you have your beliefs in atheistism that there is no God and that Christianity is a religious folklore, then there's no need for me trying to convince you.

You've choosen a path and i wish you well in the path which you've choosen.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by Avicenna: 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
CrazyMan: I'm not an atheist, I'm a christian...so as you have your beliefs in atheistism that there is no God and that Christianity is a religious folklore, then there's no need for me trying to convince you.

You've choosen a path and i wish you well in the path which you've choosen.

A little nugget,
Atheism is not a religion.

OK. I wonder when you will be back.
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by TeekayAkin: 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
Biblical definition of a fool as compared to the reality definition.

‎Psalm 14King James Version (KJV)14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God...

A line most religious folks even Muslims throw around every second.

Now seriously?

Is that all? The same rhetoric and line of other men.. How can you be respected, when you can't even use your brains and reason?That same line is got from the book, so you use it because someone says so? LOL

How about a FOOL being one the believes in some sky deity simply because some foreigner that came to enslave him and his lands said so?

How about a FOOL being one that fails to reason but just parrots the words of other men?

How about a FOOL being one who fears some unknown deity and lives his life in some hole afriad of some devil and hell?

How about a FOOL being one who prays to some Imaginary DOG called god to come save him and help him solve his worldly problems?

How about a fool being one that thinks some jew that was said to die 2000years ago died for his sins and is coming back for him?

I could go on and on...

Now those are the better definitions of a FOOL!

By Teekay Akin
10/07/12

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by TeekayAkin: 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
Now let us see you show some intelligence and hit the nail on the head!
Go on... Get back on track and focus on the issue at hand!
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by deebrain(m): 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
even though the op was kinda rude...his post has some sense. Look at the religion thread on nairaland...most people mocking and cursing each other "in the name of their gods". People quote bibles and qurans to prove points to each other that one religion is right and the other is wrong.
There are good acts that they ought to do in their various "good books" but they leave them and focus on how to diss themselves.
SHAME ON RELIGION!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by TeekayAkin: 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
Religious folks and battery dolls in a toy shop.
‎''My religious friends - Listen to yourselves for a minute?

What do you notice?

Now go to a toy shop and hit the battery doll section, get like 3 together and click play at the same time and see what happens?

Any similarities between you and them?

The results are obvious!

You all are programmed off various disks; the muslim off the islam disk and the christian off the christian disk, and like dolls as well, when we click play you all go yada yada regurgitating the same rubbish you have been programmed with..

Battery dolls we can understand as they haven't got a brain, what of you humans?

Why have you discarded your brains and failed to reason?

Your ignorance and folly are their powers over you!

Your assumption and arrgoance of knowledge is your downfall. Hence some men can same some rubbish and you just swallow dem hook-line-sinker!

WAKE UP!!YOU'VE GOT A BRAIN- USE IT!!!! REASONING IS YOUR DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY, WHY HAVE YOU GIVEN IT TO OTHER MEN??''-Teekay Akin

By Teekay Akin
11/07/12
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by Avicenna: 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
^you need to tone down the insult. If you want to debate people, certain level of respect has to be established.

Or you run the risk of closing minds even more.

Just saying#
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
TeekayAkin: ''LET YOUR GOD DO HIS DAMN WORK HIMSELF..

FUNNY! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUR GOD WAS CREATING THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AS YOU CLAIM?
Where were you?
Did it need your help?
Did it need you?
Did it need your money?

Now you think some god needs you to work for it?

How insane and insulting to your so called god?
Do you people understand the magnitude of the tale of a god you throw around at all?

For some reason the god is said to have created all this planets and stars all by itself, billions of them and now it needs you humans to work for it, speak for it, do its work, his business, fight for it, defend it, spread its word etc..

HA HA!

WHat utter insanity!

WAKE UP!!!

The arrogance that drives you lot is just appalling.. To think some god needs you or your money or energy or time. Man is really full of himself, innit?

LET THAT GOD DO ITS JOB - MAKE WE SEE!!!
NA HERE I STAND!!!''- Teekay Akin FreedomMovementVoice
john 8 vs 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by TeekayAkin: 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: john 8 vs 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

Like I mentioned earlier..

DId you think up that John 8 vs 44 you just quoted?
Or are you merely regurgitating the words of other men?

WAKE UP!!!

Religious folks and battery dolls in a toy shop.
‎''My religious friends - Listen to yourselves for a minute?

What do you notice?

Now go to a toy shop and hit the battery doll section, get like 3 together and click play at the same time and see what happens?

Any similarities between you and them?

The results are obvious!

You all are programmed off various disks; the muslim off the islam disk and the christian off the christian disk, and like dolls as well, when we click play you all go yada yada regurgitating the same rubbish you have been programmed with..

Battery dolls we can understand as they haven't got a brain, what of you humans?

Why have you discarded your brains and failed to reason?

Your ignorance and folly are their powers over you!

Your assumption and arrgoance of knowledge is your downfall. Hence some men can same some rubbish and you just swallow dem hook-line-sinker!

WAKE UP!!YOU'VE GOT A BRAIN- USE IT!!!! REASONING IS YOUR DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY, WHY HAVE YOU GIVEN IT TO OTHER MEN??''-Teekay Akin

By Teekay Akin
11/07/12
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by Niflheim(m): 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
Teekay what's up?it's me Reginald Dokubo from facebook..........................christianity is on it's way out and they know it,that explains the lame bible quotes!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by UyiIredia(m): 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
Another confused fella. I hope you are smart enough to know that God is still doing his work Himself by using His representatives on earth. that's right, the christians.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by Niflheim(m): 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
@uyi,is it the head of the anglican church(a druid and wizard)?is it the pope(protecting the image of pedophile priests)?is it the united church of christ(gay weddings)?is it the fundamentalist mormons(racism)?is it lazarus muoka(fake testimonies)?is it pastor chika mbonu(Bleep other people's wives)?is it erastus akingbola(thief)?..................they could not prevent dana plane crash or september 11 and you say they are working?
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^^ What are you on and about? undecided

Genesis 1:27-30~ God created people in his own image. Male and female he created them. God blessed THEM and TOLD THEM "multiply and fill the earth and 'SUBDUE' it. Be 'MASTERS' over the fish and birds and all the animals."
»And God said, look I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth and all fruit trees for your food. And I have given all the grasses and other green plants to the animals and birds for their food." And so it was.

Every man will answer for himself.
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
CrazyMan: Having read your write up, I consulted my bible for answers.

And guess what...I found just what I was look forbelow is my comment
Proverbs 14:7

Stay away from a fool,
for you will not find knowledge on their lips.

typical xtian cowardly answer. We Pagans can give better answers.
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by seyibrown(f): 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ TeekayAkin:

Why are so angry about Xtians believing in this God you are convinced does not exist? Surely, you must be able to come up with a better way to help us to understand your 'religion' rather than opening inflammatory threads all over NL. If you have something better than this Jesus that we have tasted and testify that of his goodness, preach it without insulting others. I am a christian and I am not at all angry that you beleive in 'no god'! Na by force to join your religion? cheesy You need to calm down and take things easy o!

You have a problem with the fact that the God we see, feel and know in our lives does not exist, then prove it so we can change our minds!
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by CrazyMan(m): 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

typical xtian cowardly answer. We Pagans can give better answers.
And what answer do you want me to give to you?

If I type from now till daybreak, would it convert you into christianit?

If you choose to believe there is no God, its up to you...I'm a groomed christian therefore I can only debate based on the scriptures.

You can't possibly expect me to convince you that God when you made up your mind into believing he doesn't
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by TeekayAkin: 4:00am On Aug 31, 2012
seyibrown: @ TeekayAkin:

Why are so angry about Xtians believing in this God you are convinced does not exist? Surely, you must be able to come up with a better way to help us to understand your 'religion' rather than opening inflammatory threads all over NL. If you have something better than this Jesus that we have tasted and testify that of his goodness, preach it without insulting others. I am a christian and I am not at all angry that you beleive in 'no god'! Na by force to join your religion? cheesy You need to calm down and take things easy o!

You have a problem with the fact that the God we see, feel and know in our lives does not exist, then prove it so we can change our minds!

Angry? LOL
Nah bro/sis.

Rather I'm having a laugh, as I love kncking down the walls of lies and folly around you lot!

Always a good past-time!

Again.. funny you lot have come tospeak and not your gods..
They created the world BY THEMSELVES AS YOU CLAIM, but now, they need you mud-men to speak for bthem, defend them, write their book.. etc LOL

I mean if your god created the world and couldn't even write his own damn book and get everyone a copy.. Then you should suspect that something is wrong.. That is something a god should do, capable of..

WAKE UP!!

Those who believe in stupid things shouldn't get made when they are made fun of! smiley
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by TeekayAkin: 4:04am On Aug 31, 2012
CrazyMan:
And what answer do you want me to give to you?

If I type from now till daybreak, would it convert you into christianit?

If you choose to believe there is no God, its up to you...I'm a groomed christian therefore I can only debate based on the scriptures.

You can't possibly expect me to convince you that God when you made up your mind into believing he doesn't

I really need not read you type..

Get your god out to speak for itself.

I mean, did it also need you to help with the so called creations? billions of stars etc?

But now it needs your money, mouth, thoughts, writing skills, computers etc to get its message across.. LOL

That sounds more like a man-made crap! Which is what that god is!

It is simply an Imaginary DOG you mentally immature clowns brag around with!

if not, let the god speak and defend itself.. Simple!

Na here we stand dey wait!
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by CrazyMan(m): 4:29am On Aug 31, 2012
Avicenna: ^you need to tone down the insult. If you want to debate people, certain level of respect has to be established.

Or you run the risk of closing minds even more.

Just saying#
Please help me tell him...
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by seyibrown(f): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
TeekayAkin:

Angry? LOL
Nah bro/sis.

Rather I'm having a laugh, as I love kncking down the walls of lies and folly around you lot!

Always a good past-time!

Again.. funny you lot have come tospeak and not your gods..
They created the world BY THEMSELVES AS YOU CLAIM, but now, they need you mud-men to speak for bthem, defend them, write their book.. etc LOL

I mean if your god created the world and couldn't even write his own damn book and get everyone a copy.. Then you should suspect that something is wrong.. That is something a god should do, capable of..

WAKE UP!!

Those who believe in stupid things shouldn't get made when they are made fun of! smiley

I see .... you are not really concerned for us Xtians smiley Carest thou not that we thy brethren perhaps perish? smiley. I didn't laugh at your posts, rather I was actually concerned about you and your vociferous and unprovoked posts, as also posted in other threads. I wondered what was the matter with you (specifically) and enquired of God. I was led to the passage below:

[size=16pt]Isaiah 30:8-18 New International Version [/size](NIV)

8 Go now, write it on a tablet for them,
inscribe it on a scroll,
that for the days to come it may be an everlasting witness.

9 For these are rebellious people, deceitful children,
children unwilling to listen to the Lord’s instruction.

10 They say to the seers,
“See no more visions!”
and to the prophets,
“Give us no more visions of what is right!
Tell us pleasant things,
prophesy illusions.
11 Leave this way,
get off this path,
and stop confronting us
with the Holy One of Israel!”

12 Therefore this is what the Holy One of Israel says:
“Because you have rejected this message,
relied on oppression
and depended on deceit,
13 this sin will become for you
like a high wall, cracked and bulging,
that collapses suddenly, in an instant.
14 It will break in pieces like pottery,
shattered so mercilessly
that among its pieces not a fragment will be found
for taking coals from a hearth
or scooping water out of a cistern.”

15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
“In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.
16 You said, ‘No, we will flee on horses.’
Therefore you will flee!
You said, ‘We will ride off on swift horses.’
Therefore your pursuers will be swift!
17 A thousand will flee
at the threat of one;
at the threat of five
you will all flee away,
till you are left
like a flagstaff on a mountaintop,
like a banner on a hill.”

18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!

God exists and he loves you! Don't shut him out of your life, and don't rebel against him. He wants to bless this generation through you.

If you have proof (or reasons that make you think) that God does not exist, please, discuss in a POLITE manner. Come, let us reason together .... and I (and others) will politely explain to you why I know he exists. Not that there are not loads of threads/post already on NL dealing with the matter.

As for your concern that God did not give copies of his word to everyone, I have a link for online Bible passages for you: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2030:%208-18&version=NIV . You can also download Bible Apps on your phone. God already promised that his word would be shared with all nations and it is happening. His word is being taken everywhere. Technological advancement is making it happen. You don't need to have a paper copy ... and if and when hard copies/ electronic copies cease, we will have the Holy Spirit to remind us of his word.
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by SamMilla1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Another confused fella. I hope you are smart enough to know that God is still doing his work Himself by using His representatives on earth. that's right, the christians.

Doing his work HIMSELF by using XTIANS. Damn!
The point is that some brains are already beyond recovery. Its just like harddisk. Some people can't just risk listening to reason. To them, its either Bible or nothing.
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by dekung(m): 9:30am On Sep 02, 2012
I think I understand what the OP is trying to convey to theists, the monotheistic religions have perpetrated so much problems in this world nothing else could match it. These attrocities ranging from genocide to large scale fraud, rape, sexual perverseness, murder and any other vice you can think of that it begs the question: If God is as powerful as is claimed to be does he need to be defended? If God is all powerful he doesnt need human to defend him, there wont be need for the inquisition, jihad, honour killing or begging you congregation to contribute money for crusades. If he is powerful enough to create a universe that is 15 billion light years across why would he need people/humans to defend his cause. I honestly think these monotheits are the ones insulting God if truly he exists in the way they have described him. They say he is omnipotent yet he needs humans to help destroy him opponents. They say he is omniscient yet He did not know when Adam sinned or was going to sin, He did not know Lucifer was going to rebel against him when went ahead to creat him(lucifer), He is all powerful yet he couldnt create a perfect world and had to press reset button several times and still we still have a terrible world. He is God all by himself yet He still needs people to remind him that he is God by worshipping him and praising him. Am sure this God has some kind of complex or ego issues
Re: Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? by Jamji: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2012
seyibrown: @ TeekayAkin:

i think he is angry at infinite human stupidity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

400 Million African Ancestors And The 1,500 Later Gospel. / Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You / Exclusion Of Non-muslim From Islamic Related Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.