Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% (8453 Views)

PHOTOS: Police Arrest Armed Robbers Who Hide Gun Inside A Loaf Of Bread In River / Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry / Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by TonySpike: 6:13am On Aug 31, 2012
20% Bread Price Hike Begins In Lagos Saturday

by Layi Adeloye

From tomorrow (Saturday), Lagos residents will start paying more for bread, as the price of the commodity has officially been hiked by 20 per cent.

The Standards Organisation of Nigeria has said that on the same date, it will commence the enforcement of the Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme, which is geared towards making bakers and caterers in the country comply with acceptable standards in their operations.

The Chairman, Association of Master Bakers and caterers of Nigeria, Lagos State Chapter, Jacob Adejorin; and the Director-General of SON, Dr. Joseph Odumodu, confirmed the developments at a forum in Lagos.

Adejorin said so far, members of the Lagos State chapter of AMBCN had refrained from joining their counterparts in other states, who had increased the price of bread sequel to the recent rise in the prices of flour and other ingredients used in making bread.

For more, read http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/20-bread-price-hike-begins-in-lagos-saturday/
Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by Acidosis(m): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2012
cassava business is a good business

1 Like

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by XVIER(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2012
Thank God i'm OVERSEA.
Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by free2ryhme: 10:29am On Aug 31, 2012
now dat the price of bread has increased by 20% .. I bet we will witness a significant increase in the price of cassava flakes proportionately. cheesy cheesy
Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by tunapawizzy: 10:29am On Aug 31, 2012
XVIER: Thank God i'm OVERSEA.
see as person dey reason....why we come dey complain about d political class....should it be about u alone.....smh

1 Like

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by XVIER(m): 10:34am On Aug 31, 2012
tunapawizzy:
see as person dey reason....why we come dey complain about d political class....should it be about u alone.....smh
one thing i notice in 9ja is "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF" so deal with yours bro
Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by Mannylex(m): 10:34am On Aug 31, 2012
The prophets of doom of nairaland have achieved their aim! Finally the price of bread in the market has been affected angry angry

1 Like

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by gulfer: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2012
[size=20pt]Why Lagos alone? [/size] What about other states?

1 Like

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by yuzedo: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2012
. . . And how does this affect the price of ga. . . Oh! It does . . undecided cry

3 Likes

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by duni04(m): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2012
scopedon: At last a topic that affects the price of garri and bread on front page grin grin
LMAO
Abi....finally! grin grin grin
Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by duni04(m): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2012
yuzedo: . . . And how does this affect the price of ga. . . Oh! It does . . undecided cry
lol
Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 31, 2012
well i believe as the world econmon continues to fail and more money is printed....its only logical that this will happen...i have spoken times without number about government BONDS and what really they mean when you here CBN going to sell BONDS....it means in lame man example....if you have alcohol of 60% concentration and you begin to add water....what you will have is still taste like alcohol but the concentration has been reduced to maybe 25% due to diluting with water....now to the price of goods since more money is printed by the way of BONDS...you will have the same 1000 naira but of lesser valus compare to last month and even last week....so since more money is chasing goods and services its only normal by the law of supply and demand to have prices go up..... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue so rather than focus on these issues you have no power to control, because the elite will always win in this game of money..... angry angry angry angry focus of improving your cashflow...create more avenues to make more money so your financial statement always will have a surplus....if not i see alot of people going into the class of super poor soon embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by tunapawizzy: 10:54am On Aug 31, 2012
XVIER: one thing i notice in 9ja is "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF" so deal with yours bro
ur opinion, ur entitlement......peace

1 Like

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by bahaullah: 10:54am On Aug 31, 2012
THE ONLY OPTION IS TO CAV YOUR OWN BREAD WITH WAT EVER TOOL U HAVE IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN GEOGRAPHY CALLED NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by DANILSA(m): 10:56am On Aug 31, 2012
Guy why don't u contribute something meaningful and go. Everybody claims Oversees even people in togo and chad. When we see the real them, from their statement u will know yes this Guys are doing well abroad, they don't need to broadcast it. Only people living in orile want people on NL to think they live in zurich.

1 Like

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by Policewoman(f): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2012
I'm sure you are either in Sudan or Somalia.

2 Likes

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by AMTS: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2012
Why is it that it is the prices of the common man's food that increases and not that of the rich man. God is watching you o.

2 Likes

Re: Price Of Bread In Lagos To Be Increased By 20% by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:02am On Aug 31, 2012
To the topic; Hope Cassava Bread Bakers will not make this to affect the price of Garri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 / APC To Sanction Members Behind Campaign Of Calumny Over Convention’ / Ike Ekweremadu Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.