Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? (14114 Views)

Caption This Funny Photo Of Amaechi At FEC Meeting Today / Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by vicoloni(m): 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2011
Governance has been turned to something else. I saw GEJ on a local TV brandishing a loaf of agege bread during today's FEC meeting. I missed out his point on that action pls can anyone who saw what I saw inform us of his motive?
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by tayoast(m): 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
The bread was made with 40% cassava. that's what he was trying to promote at the FEC meeting.

1 Like

Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Goldieluks: 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2011
Please post a link.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by damola1: 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan presenting a piece of the 40% Cassava flour-baked bread to Vice President Namadi Sambo during it's public presentation at the weekly meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation at the State House, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida 30/11/2011

Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Goldieluks: 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2011
I wish they can be lenient with the MONEY the same way they are with the bread, life would have been a bird of roses for the citizens of Nigeria.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by damola1: 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
Vanguard News
MINISTER OF AGRIC, PROF. ADEWUNMI ADESHINA TODAY PRESENTED THE SAMPLES OF CASSAVA BREAD TO MEMBERS OF FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL FOR TASTE.
PHOTO--STATE HOUSE

Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by damola1: 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2011
They should simply close down the damn country called Nigeria. Or better still outsource it.

Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by r231(m): 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by dayokanu(m): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2011
And Odechuwu still managed to look extremely reetarded in those pictures again
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by JamesDoe: 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2011
Why does a soldier have to stand behind GEJ?
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by koruji(m): 2:17am On Dec 01, 2011
Great promotion. GEJ actually looked more natural holding that bread  grin grin grin

Now they need to put action behind those words & showbiz.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 01, 2011
I want to believe that those pictures were photoshopped.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Beaf: 2:30am On Dec 01, 2011
Very encouraging development. It is with such little steps that countries develop. I am proud.
GEJ has pronounced that a new govt policy to encourage the 40% cassava bread is coming out and Okonjo Iweala has been told to finetune it. Really nice.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by koruji(m): 2:37am On Dec 01, 2011
They started this under OBJ, but Yar'adua/GEJ killed it along with everything else they met on ground - I think it was really Yar'adua & his lackies, but GEJ was part of the govt.

Beaf:

Very encouraging development. It is with such little steps that countries develop. I am proud.
GEJ has pronounced that a new govt policy to encourage the 40% cassava bread is coming out and Okonjo Iweala has been told to finetune it. Really nice.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by bookface: 2:40am On Dec 01, 2011
Beaf:

What's wrong with the current process?

The new process will be costly, no?  requiring new technology, new skills and lots of inputs of cassava, ultimately the cost  will be transferred to consumers who are jejely enjoying their fresh hot Agege bread made of flour and dough for cheap.

Why make everything more difficult than what it already is?

why does this require a new government policy?
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Beaf: 2:50am On Dec 01, 2011
bookface:

What's wrong with the current process?

The new process will be costly, no? requiring new technology, new skills and lots of inputs of cassava, ultimately the cost will be transferred to consumers who are jejely enjoying their fresh hot Agege bread made of flour and dough for cheap.

Why make everything more difficult than what it already is?

why does this require a new government policy?

Whats wrong with the current process? shocked
Sir, the current process forces Nigeria to import wheat. Why import wheat when good old cheap and abundant cassava is good enough?

If incentives are given to those who produce the new cassava bread, another major drain on the Nigerian wallat would have been dealt with; even better, we would suddenly have a new market for our peasant farmers.
It is even more important when GEJ has made cassava the cornerstone of our agric policy. It grows well here in abundance, so why not harness it and become an exporter of cassava and cassava related products like bread?

Also, you never know what fresh scientific breakthroughs can come out of research into cassava; maybe we might even be able to totally eliminate the need for wheat in bread. I only pray that places like FIIRO at Oshodi are adequately funded, there is a lot of great stuff gathering dust on their shelves.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by 9ja4eva: 5:09am On Dec 01, 2011
Beaf:

Whats wrong with the current process? shocked
Sir, the current process forces Nigeria to import wheat. Why import wheat when good old cheap and abundant cassava is good enough?

If incentives are given to those who produce the new cassava bread, another major drain on the Nigerian wallat would have been dealt with; even better, we would suddenly have a new market for our peasant farmers.
It is even more important when GEJ has made cassava the cornerstone of our agric policy. It grows well here in abundance, so why not harness it and become an exporter of cassava and cassava related products like bread?

Also, you never know what fresh scientific breakthroughs can come out of research into cassava; maybe we might even be able to totally eliminate the need for wheat in bread. I only pray that places like FIIRO at Oshodi are adequately funded, there is a lot of great stuff gathering dust on their shelves.

Point on
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 01, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/583808_f9_jpgfd34d467f084a2837a740e97e89c5642

Oga should slow down. Bread is not going anywhere.

Obj should have introduced garri to these ppl.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2011
JamesDoe:

Why does a soldier have to stand behind GEJ?

My thoughts exactly. angry
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by naso2(m): 8:55am On Dec 01, 2011
All man expecially ANYIM use caution dey chew the bread praying within that it did not come from the BOKO bakery grin
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 01, 2011
Please I want to ask if anybody has tasted this bread. Does it taste like fufu or something? Because I highly doubt that many Nigerians will be interested in consuming bread that tastes different from what we're used to.

Besides, I believe that very aggressive marketing will be required for Nigerians to embrace this initiative, as cassava is still perceived only in terms of garri and eba. My own opinion.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by kokoA(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2011
Hmm. I hear say GEJ say na only cassava bread him and patience go dey chop from now till dem leave Aso rock o undecided undecided
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2011
Nigeria imports $5 Billion of wheat yearly making us one of the largest per capita importers in the world.
70% of that wheat is used in bread making.
If we can convert 40% of that wheat into cassava, then we would not only be saving over $2 billion yearly, we would have succeeded in creating an enormous market for cassava farmers in Nigeria.
When cassava becomes a $2-3 billion dollar industry, then graduates would go into farming instead of roaming the streets.

Its a win win and this is an excellent policy.
The best incentive though would be to produce bread with cassava that tastes good and yet sells for much cheaper.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by OmoTier1(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
GEJ chop oyibo bread, He still look the way He look aka odechukwu, how Him go come look and reason after He don dey chop those bleeping naija cassava ridden bread?, , somebody shout ,,,mmehhh meeh, mehhh, goat!!
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by alienvirus: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/583808_f9_jpgfd34d467f084a2837a740e97e89c5642

see how this Anyim eyes look. It looks BEREKETE
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by EkoIle1: 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2011
Fcukinnnn comedians.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Kx: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2011
People Deceive People
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
9ja4eva:

Point on
Right on point.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Nigeria imports $5 Billion of wheat yearly making us one of the largest per capita importers in the world.
70% of that wheat is used in bread making.
If we can convert 40% of that wheat into cassava, then we would not only be saving over $2 billion yearly, we would have succeeded in creating an enormous market for cassava farmers in Nigeria.
When cassava becomes a $2-3 billion dollar industry, then graduates would go into farming instead of roaming the streets.

Its a win win and this is an excellent policy.
The best incentive though would be to produce bread with cassava that tastes good and yet sells for much cheaper.

Very inlightening, but i bet you, pple who want to see Naija crumble after reading this will not understand.
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by teskyg: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
Sometime i wonder how people like Dayokanu co-exist with others.This idea  should be encouraged.Your post is insulting .Nobody has provoked you, Your comments indicates that you were badly brought up,
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by gasplant: 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
This Ayim guy looks like baba suwe
Re: Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? by Honeycity(f): 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2011
i just they wonder why be say na only Anyim they munch bread while others dey look? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lekki International Airport / I’m A Businessman First, Then A Politician, Atiku Declares On Twitter / FG To Block IPOB Funding Sources - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.