Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam (17042 Views)

Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? / Sunnahs Muslims Should Seriously Begin To Follow / Why Muslims Don't Celebrate Birthdays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Chanchit: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
makizee:

it would seem so BUT, when people say things like being proud of who they are, it is because a larger majority has made it look like they are not worth anything, u even made this reply simpler with the example you have given, like we are Africans, i'm proud to be black and so, these slogan were popular at a time when the white majority were oppressing the black and making them fell less that human, they had to say it back and proclaim..that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being who you are...so am i saying Muslims generally are being oppressed and almost dehumanized...To a certain extent YES.
The western controlled media would always use the misnomer "Islamic Terrorism"..No religion would like to be associated with Terrorism, .Muslims are being killed in Burma as i type and no media organisation is saying anything, the recent mass killer that killed 79 people in Norway because he feared his country was allowing too much multi culturialism and especially Muslims, nobody has labelled him as a Christian extremist or Terrorist, (he is a christian) but now imagine this same heinous crime was committed by a supposed muslim..Oh my world, we would not hear the last of it. This is why sometimes we have to say it aloud..We are Muslims, and we are reaalllly blessed to be. i don't see any complex in it..am sure all the greatest (LASUITES, AKOKITES, ABUJAITES orinsert ur alma matter) people would also agree wit me.

Yeah, i get where u r going... Psychologists called it Affirmation, that is saying something to boost your ego...

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by kombats: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
Some of the reasons Islam is facing these dark time are:
1- the media: every misfortune that happens or is done by a muslim are branded with bad names by this media. Do you remember the carlifornia cinema shooting incident? Or the norwegian shooter that killed over a hundred beings. The media called the psycho or mentally unstable, is that what they would be call if it was done by a muslim or in an islamic country?
2- Traditional belief : i was watching peace tv one day when this india scholar said we muslims take some of our traditional belief as islamic practice, like issues of marriage.
3- Misintepretation : some of these islamic scholars and teachers teaches islam due to the own level of understanding and belief and not according to the way the Qur'an reads. I was taken aback due to a comment i saw in nairaland when someone said he would go to an islamic gathering to listening to the kind of teaching that leads muslims to violence.
There are more reasons that lead to this islamic dark times, but i am proud to say ''I AM MUSLIM''.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by makizee(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
tevinsolt:

so why have the holy land changed to Mecca and Medina all of a sudden? how come the bible written by different 66 people align but is the other case for the koran?
why do u have to orient your self to east to pray....when the bible and torah teaches that God is everywhere and that he can even hear the moaning of our hearts?
...that Muslims face the Ka'aba doesn't mean we do not believe God is everywhere...even when you are lost in the desert and you have no sense of bearing pray and face anywhere belle face..Allah is all knowing and all forgiving

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Chedarking: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
makizee:

The western controlled media would always use the [b]misnomer "Islamic Terrorism"..[/b]No religion would like to be associated with Terrorism, .Muslims are being killed in Burma as i type and no media organisation is saying anything, the recent mass killer that killed 79 people in Norway because he feared his country was allowing too much multi culturialism and especially Muslims, nobody has labelled him as a Christian extremist or Terrorist, (he is a christian) but now imagine this same heinous crime was committed by a supposed muslim..Oh my world, we would not hear the last of it. This is why sometimes we have to say it aloud..We are Muslims, and we are reaalllly blessed to be. i don't see any complex in it..am sure all the greatest (LASUITES, AKOKITES, ABUJAITES orinsert ur alma matter) people would also agree wit me.

This is not a Misnomer...

Islamic Terrorism is Real - Even the most misguided Muslim knows that!

Also, Anders Breivik is not a CHRISTIAN terrorist, He has said he is NOT a Christian, and His work was POLITICAL

Please stop twisting issues to make yourself feel good....

4 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Bandy10: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
I don't know much about Islam and its doctrine but if Boko Haram can justify its actions using quotations from the koran'then I don't want to agree with what the writer says.If the writer can enlighten me why the crises between the Sunnis and the Shittes?
For me all religions are based on fear and every religion will claim that its doctrine is the best

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Aikayy: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
MuhMubRaj: Islam doesnt force nobody to worship Allah,The quran says any man who sheds d blood of an innocent man shall receive d wrath of Allah...people who do dis might be muslims bet dey not doin islam!
Give me a break pls! U guys r a bunch of hypocrites.. D quran says u shouldn't kill, yet it was written by a murderer(Muhammad). I hail de, o religion of PISS!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by ektbear: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
snubish:
4.Peace

lol, you've got to be kidding.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by gbadexy(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
@ snubish,
You know you are already blessed. What you did is more than those misguided sects would have gain in a million life time.
Well done moderators, keep it up.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
i read to number 4 and started shocked u know y?
i don't know y either but U will hear about it wen una carry una wahala reach my side

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Afam4eva(m): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
kombats: Some of the reasons Islam is facing these dark time are:
1- the media: every misfortune that happens or is done by a muslim are branded with bad names by this media. Do you remember the carlifornia cinema shooting incident? Or the norwegian shooter that killed over a hundred beings. The media called the psycho or mentally unstable, is that what they would be call if it was done by a muslim or in an islamic country?
Have you seen any Christian killer who has said that he's killing in the name of Jesus? It's not like Christians have not committed more atrocious acts but they don't claim to be fighting the good fight of faith unlike our Muslim brothers that kill in the name of Allah and Islam. I think that's where the problem lie. If they can kill and not attribute it to their religion then the religion will be free from public persecution.

5 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
Reason why I avoid the religion section all together. You have people who ain't interested in a certain religion, but they still have all the time in the world to bash that religion.

Ya all must be really jobless.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Chedarking: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
snubish:

1.The Koran:

your religion is based on the Koran, not on someone’s random idea, or innovation.
The Koran:
a book about which there is no doubt.

a book in Arabic which is an unparalleled work of literature revealed to an illiterate Arab trader renowned for his integrity,

no matter what propaganda popular media is promoting, regardless of the mindless violence of a few misguided adherents, your religion is still a religion of peace.

So we are to enforce such laws as an eye for an eye [/b]to protect the rights of the people from being violated by the arrogant amongst them.

[b]And we punish adultery and fornication severely without being apologetic [/b]to prevent the men from raising children who are not theirs, or the giving of the inheritance to wrongful heirs, and to prevent moral unchastity within the society bringing the people to a status lower than even beasts in honour, causing mutual distrust between spouses and eventual disruption of the family; the basic unit of society.

in spite being tagged violent, in spite of the apparent weakness and poverty in most Muslim communities, against all odds; your religion is the fastest growing religion worldwide at this very moment.

So we ask those who say Islam was spread by the sword to [b]show us those wielding swords at this present time
Islam spreads by the irresistible force of the truth, and no matter what the media or some historians say, Islam will spread. And it is a matter foreclosed.

For clarification, when Islam came, nations engaged in military expansion for several reasons: self defense, economic, cultural and political. [b]The Islamic state [/b]went further and always gave the option of “submission” before waging war, and even in war, the soldiers behaved honourably sparing children, women, and religious devotees, conduct unparalleled in the history of civilizations. No scorched earth tactics, no atomic bombs, no blatant violation of treaties.

Did the OP read all the bolded before trying to pass them off as GOOD things?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by maclatunji: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
tevinsolt: Jesus is God.....he is eternal, he is the word of God and God
water exist in three different forms liquid, solid and vapor how hard is that concept hard to understand

@All, you are allowed to have all you beautiful thoughts about your religion but don't come here with your baggage to derail this and similar threads.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by siddiq202(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
rokiatu: Reason why I avoid the religion section all together. You have people who ain't interested in a certain religion, but they still have all the time in the world to bash that religion.
Ya all most be really jobless.
That's not a good reason to avoid the section. you can easily ignore those you think are 'jobless'

@OP
jazakallahu khairan
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by makizee(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
He is not a christian the one that even got me is that he is doing for politics..(like it makes it alright .Norweigian Politics must have sunk to an all time Low mehn...No be 9ja o)..then why do you insist Boko Haram is fighting for Islam when Muslims say it is political...right, even let me agree with u for the sake of this argument ..what about the oklahoma City Bomber,Timothy Mcveigh or the Joseph Kony guy that was trending earlier this year, he claims he is working for Jesus. the thing is that i can give you a list of Non Muslim Criminals and mass killers who adhere to other faiths like Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and others but the media hardly label them with the faiths they practice but if na muslim now...well.u know the rest.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by opee1231(f): 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Alhamdulilah..may Allah bless the writer.. thanks for the write up..amazin n indeed a reminder!
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Jibabs2(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
ISLAM IS MY LIFE. LOVE U ISLAM

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by wellheads(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
Salam.
Nice write-up. Jazaka Allah Khair.
To every other positive contributors, thanks a million and Jazakumu Allahu Khair.
To the detractors, make una find job do naw and stop Islamaphobia.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by Sike(m): 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
I'm proud I'm a Muslim and i know it. cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by buchibabe: 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
Chanchit:

Leave the confused guy alone, instead of them to keep this great article inside that ramshakle box (their section) so that they can all go there and jubilate on it, them go get mind bring am out for the great hawks of NL to feed on...

Nna mehnnn....u mean o. Lolll

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by sucre2(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Nice writeup..
Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by deeplow: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
I am proud to be a Muslim.say whatever you want about ISLAM.I'd choose over any other religion,anytime,anyday.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam by tevinsolt: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
tevinsolt:
pfft.....so going by your logic.......we as humans we are not part of the same Humanity? so the 6.9 billion people that live on this planet today are different types of Homo sapiens not that Humanity is expressed in the 6,973,738,433 individuals on the planet?

I knew u wouldn't be able to reply this.....know the truth it will set you.....the relationship Muslim have with God is a master slaver relationship, but God is all sufficient he doesn't us to serve him, he made for his Glory but we lost the relationship when Adam and Eve sinned, an animal was killed to cover them........Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice, you have a choice to accept him or reject him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies / So That It Doesn’t Get To Divorce: 10 Pieces Of Golden Advice. / Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.