Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? (18888 Views)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / 6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Leobreezy(m): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2012
salt 1:

You haven't married and you are here advising? More like a reverend father doing marriage counselling. Instead of contributing on what you haven't experienced, you should just look and learn. Just my advice!
Who says age is not a factor in marriage? The ladies who marry at a later age are often the ones who make commitments to make the marriage last. Who says that courtship guarantees a successful marriage? You can never know anybody well enough during courtship. The dynamics of the relationship also changes once it is called a marriage.
How do I know all these? I have been in an imperfect but happy marriage for more than 20 years
You've misconstrued wat i said. Age, i said, should not be a REASON to rush into marriage. Fine, courtship doesn't guarantee complete understanding of ur spouse, bt it does enlighten u on some things he/she hates and likes. Complete ignorance is worse. And i never said with all d advice, u'll have a "perfect" marriage and live happily ever after. Dat doesn't exist! There are bound 2 be problems btw a couple, bt when u both strive 2 make d marriage work with God's help, den u'll overcome anything dat comes ur way. I'm glad ur marriage has come along fine over the years, keep it up! Do u need 2 write an exam b4 u know dat u have 2 read? I may nt be married yet, bt i've learnt valuable lessons from other people's experiences which i intend 2 inculcate b4 i get married.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2012
Dubemkelly:
ITK,u just misused ur fountain of knowledge....Wonder y peeps derive joy in complicating issues n diverting attention,nobody asked 4 ur advice dear....No matter how u c it,every marriage has deir moments of happinez n sadness,d ups n dwns....No perfect marriage,we all wrk it out 2 manage d weaknesses...There wud b a time u tink u hv got it well dat dz marriage z d best tin eva happnd n wen u gonna say damn! Dz not it....Marriage z just a course on its own
can u jist imagine d rantings of dis one.there are indeed babies on dis forum.smh
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by stint(m): 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2012
human beings ! they wonder if the married the wrong person . they don't wonder if they are the wrong person for their perfect spouse . Thank God am not from around here.

1 Like

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by boron10(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2012
Purist:

Christ!! What's all these? Why are Nigerians so friggin' sanctimonious?! Simple question that demands a simple answer, and you go on a long meaningless rant that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic.

The OP has neither told us that she is in a failed marriage, nor has she sought anyone's "advice" on any matter. She's simply asking - most probably out of curiousity - for people's opinions about their marriage, and you automatically unload all manner of assumptions on her. "Love yourself", "Don't be a doormat", "Serve God", etc. Seriously?!?! This is just SO WRONG, and while you really may mean well for her, you should know that you've completely gone about it the wrong way. #JustSaying.
Are you blaming the guy? You should not, it is a very common thing in nigeria. That is why so many people fail exam and blame lecturers for victimising them. However some students do get away with it sha due to the infilteration of dull lecturers in nigeria education system.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by greall1: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
I go through all the post. I couldn't c the best answer for the topic.

All what I know There's no gain with pain.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by greall1: 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
greall1: I go through all the post. I couldn't c the best answer for the topic.

All what I know There's no gain without pain.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Ifloxy(f): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2012
kulyie: Ok,leme just summarise dis whole thing using late pst bimbo odukoyas words (my mentor and model) and now i will b speaking to d unmarried ladies,i dont have any bisness wit d married ones because dey av made their decision so dey av to live with it whether dey like it or nt.to d unmarried women please look very wel because many people fall in love with d personality but will live with their partners behaviour permanently goo or bad,therefore my sisters it will be of immense benefit if u remain single if ure nt sure of a mans character than to go in and start regretin or having feelings of regrets.in addition my sisters,a woman who is single and self fulfilled living her life for god and helping others is a million times beta than an unhappy mrs who regrets internally but does not have d nerves to open up to anybody and say i regret marrying mr a,forget all d aso ebi husband and wives wear to church or party or holding hands togeda,all dat is 'make belief'.dis is where i will stop,dose unmarried ladies dat have ears and inner eyes let dem hear what d spirit is saying to d church. (d church refers to u and i)
so what are u saying in essence? That ladies should stay out of marriage because it has its own challenges.life is full of risks n challenges,dat doesn't mean we shouldn't take a step.Marriage is a beautiful thing,although it isn't always rosy.I don't regret marrying my hubby @all,that doesn't mean he is perfect
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by obowunmi(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
Basic:
CRAP! The OP asked a simple question, which demands a very simple answer as well!

Hehehehe....LOOOOOOOOOL!
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by SisiKill1: 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2012
How do you get

Ifloxy: [b]so what are u saying in essence? That ladies should stay out of marriage because it has its own challenges.[/b]life is full of risks n challenges,dat doesn't mean we shouldn't take a step.Marriage is a beautiful thing,although it isn't always rosy.I don't regret marrying my hubby @all,that doesn't mean he is perfect

From this?

kulyie: Ok,leme just summarise dis whole thing using late pst bimbo odukoyas words (my mentor and model) and now i will b speaking to d unmarried ladies,i dont have any bisness wit d married ones because dey av made their decision so dey av to live with it whether dey like it or nt.to d unmarried women please look very wel because many people fall in love with d personality but will live with their partners behaviour permanently goo or bad,[size=18pt]therefore my sisters it will be of immense benefit if u remain single if ure nt sure of a mans character than to go in and start regretin or having feelings of regrets.[/size][/b]in addition my sisters,a woman who is single and self fulfilled living her life for god and helping others is a million times beta than an unhappy mrs who regrets internally but does not have d nerves to open up to anybody and say i regret marrying mr a,forget all d aso ebi husband and wives wear to church or party or holding hands togeda,all dat is 'make belief'.dis is where i will stop,dose unmarried ladies dat have ears and inner eyes let dem hear what d spirit is saying to d church. (d church refers to u and i)

Abi are you one of the proponents of - [b]The marrying just for marrying sake - It is better to die a Mrs than live a Miss
school of thought

1 Like

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
debrief08: Go and look at yourself in the mirror and start saying positive things about yourself.
Look at yourself as Precious not as "mrs" this or that, start loving yourself first, if you don't love or respect yourself no one else will.
Stop being a doormat, be a human being first before being a wife, also teach your children that marriage is not their goal in life, their goal in life should be to be productive, respectful, serve God through serving humanity, seek Gods purpose in their lives and fulfil it.
When our time in the world ends, God wouldn't ask if you married or single, he will ask if you did what he sent you to do. We put so much pressure on ourselves to fulfil societail pressure that we forsake Gods plans for us, and rush into rubbish. When you have a bad marriage everything else in your life will loose focus.
When I talk about serving God I am not talking about Pastor worship or fasting and prayers, I am talking about serving others, taking beverages for strangers in the hospital who can't afford it, buying books for children in public schooks who can't afford it. That is service to God.
Love yourself, You were not born to be "mrs", you were born for Gods glory, only you can achieve that

People like you make me sick. Nobody asked for your careless sermon in the first place.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by SisiKill1: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
J12:

People like you make me sick. Nobody asked for your careless sermon in the first place.

You need a barf bag?
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by vanstanzy(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
preciousmee: As there ever been a time in your marriage that you felt you could have been a little patient with your decision to marry your husband or wife?

Yes, whenever i think of u, and its 'Has' and not 'As'.
Are u thinking of marrying another husband /(wife)? Just dont forget my invite.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by spyder880(m): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
Most men who had lots of female admirers feel that way in the first few years of marriage. The feeling everporates if your wife turn out to be a good home maker/companion.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by bukatyne(f): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
cap28:

nobody takes anybody away from anyone - people leave either because they are not happy or they think they have alternative options open to them, a man who loves his wife does not simply get taken away by as you say "desperate women" that man must have already made up his mind to leave.
and i thought i was d only one that was amazed when people say 'be careful so they don't snatch him away' like men are a senseless handbag that 'women' can snatch. any man that uses that to threaten his woman is indirectly saying 'i've no brain of my own' or 'i don't have a worth'!

3 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Milikiman: 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
fittty: Hell yeah!, hell yeah!, hell yeah! f****cking right!!! **singing with drake***
yes is d answer cos to every marriage its happens especially when things goes wrong
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by vanstanzy(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
stint: human beings ! they wonder if the married the wrong person . they don't wonder if they are the wrong person for their perfect spouse . Thank God am not from around here.

O thank goodness, i get to finally meet my fellow 'martian'. Dont mind these 'earthlines' and indecision.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by vanbonattel: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
vanstanzy:

O thank goodness, i get to finally meet my fellow 'martian'. Dont mind these 'earthlines' and indecision.

O thank goodness, you finaly meet a fellow 'kid' . We would not mind if you get to the kiddies section.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by iHustle(m): 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
Purist:

Christ!! What's all these? Why are Nigerians so friggin' sanctimonious?! Simple question that demands a simple answer, and you go on a long meaningless rant that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic.

The OP has neither told us that she is in a failed marriage, nor has she sought anyone's "advice" on any matter. She's simply asking - most probably out of curiousity - for people's opinions about their marriage, and you automatically unload all manner of assumptions on her. "Love yourself", "Don't be a doormat", "Serve God", etc. Seriously?!?! This is just SO WRONG, and while you really may mean well for her, you should know that you've completely gone about it the wrong way. #JustSaying.

May you live long.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by dasparrow: 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
obadiah777: lets face every married person is with the wrong person. first off, in marriage you are a compromised person. you can never fully be yourself again. that in itself is hell on earth. you cant live to the fullness of your ability anymore. all your choices will be compromised. all your actions you have to compromise. you have to compromise your personality. you have to compromise your desires. you have to compromise every itty bitty aspect of your life. AS SUCH YOU CAN NEVER EVER BE WITH THE RIGHT PERSON IN MARRIAGE. it reduces you by half. this becomes more obvious when the love wantin tin lust has died out and you are on routine levels. even the apostle paul said it is best for a man not to get married if he can help it because it compromises you.

You will live long! Gbam! Very well said.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by dasparrow: 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2012
debrief08: Go and look at yourself in the mirror and start saying positive things about yourself.
Look at yourself as Precious not as "mrs" this or that, start loving yourself first, if you don't love or respect yourself no one else will.
Stop being a doormat, be a human being first before being a wife, also teach your children that marriage is not their goal in life, their goal in life should be to be productive, respectful, serve God through serving humanity, seek Gods purpose in their lives and fulfil it.
When our time in the world ends, God wouldn't ask if you married or single, he will ask if you did what he sent you to do. We put so much pressure on ourselves to fulfil societail pressure that we forsake Gods plans for us, and rush into rubbish. When you have a bad marriage everything else in your life will loose focus.
When I talk about serving God I am not talking about Pastor worship or fasting and prayers, I am talking about serving others, taking beverages for strangers in the hospital who can't afford it, buying books for children in public schooks who can't afford it. That is service to God.
Love yourself, You were not born to be "mrs", you were born for Gods glory, only you can achieve that

Very well said. You will live long!
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by dasparrow: 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
cap28:

nobody takes anybody away from anyone - people leave either because they are not happy or they think they have alternative options open to them, a man who loves his wife does not simply get taken away by as you say "desperate women" that man must have already made up his mind to leave.

As always, you have spoken well. Well said!
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by dasparrow: 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
@Post

I just have a bible scripture to share because other posters have already articulated what I had in mind to say.

1 Corinthians 7:8-10
[b]New International Version (NIV)

[/b]8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.

1 Like

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by vanbonattel: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
preciousmee: As there ever been a time in your marriage that you felt you could have been a little patient with your decision to marry your husband or wife?

Are you looking for an excuse to commit adultery?
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
Once in a while, especially during those time when you feeling low and the blues are just not there, it happens, but when you remember the love and good stuff about one another, you get back to your senses and thank God for one another.
Those kinda times might help to even appreciate each other more
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by waters2012: 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
That's the point. People don't do an inner check of themselves. They're quick to ask if their spouse is d wrong person, assuming that they're perfect. SMH
stint: human beings ! they wonder if the married the wrong person . they don't wonder if they are the wrong person for their perfect spouse . Thank God am not from around here.

1 Like

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by elimokhai(m): 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2012

Inconsequential to the topic, no point digressing. Learn to be direct. Yes or NO?

@OP. No, I didn't mary the wrong partner, having said that marriage is not working for me. I hate that I got married at age 27 now 30. I'm a VERY good father but imperfect husband. Guess we both fell out of love even though we're still living together, to be honest marriage is not working for me, if its working for you, happy for you. I HAVE no regrets.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by edakedkay: 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
@obadiah777, bloke pls change your school of thought else you may remain unmarried (i haven't forgotten that not everyone is cut out for marriage). It isn't all marriages that the partners are with the wrong person. Marriage is a union of two separate entities, most often from/with backgrounds and ideologies that are totally different. For any marriage to work,compromise plays a key role but not the detriment of the other partner. You just have to meet yourselves half way. That is why courtship is often encouraged- it doesn't solve all problems associated with marriage tho but that is when you get to decide if you can live the rest of your lives with this person. Prayers shouldn't be left out. Remember the lines in the everyday 'our father' prayers? That is you telling God to lead you. His wword says 'ask and you shall receive'. I can't have the God that i have and yet wallow in pains. Remember,there's no portion in the bible that says you'll go thru life without tribulations. How then will you appreciate your time of jubilation without the tribulation. I courted my hubby for 7yrs,married for 3yrs. He's a friend that is closer than a brother to me. He may not be perfect but he's the bestest for me. Show me a perfect marriage out there and i'll tell you they're the fakest couple to walk the earth. I'll still say 'your marriage is what you make of it'.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by MacLovington(m): 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2012
I guess it becomes self-evident when you finally divorce.

Before NLers say that because people are not divorced doesn't mean that they are compatible, let me say that I have seen several rocky marriages that got better and still very strong years on.

No. I didn't marry the wrong person. I had 3 fiancees over a period of 11 years plus before I met my mrs.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Ayoobscom(m): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2012
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nella(f): 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nt yet marrid, bt hopefully whn d tym comes it wld b d ryt person n a bed of roses lol... Bt den again roses hav thorns n I jst hav to b ready to brave d storm whn it comes
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
rokiatu:

LOL this is a bit of topic though. Nice advice. grin grin grin grin

@Topic not at all, I thank God everyday. Even in time of conflict, I still appreciate my husband. Infact thanks to him I appreciate the institution called "marriage"

People need to realize that as humans we make mistakes, we fight, we have bad moods, and sometimes we get sad, marriage is no expection, so no regrets at all doing the bad times or good.

So is that why you've stopped posing every week with Tima in your profile? angry angry angry
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by alexola20(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girls Are More Caring Than Boys. Do You Agree? / What Book On Marriage Can I Get For My Girlfriend On Her Birthday? / His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.