Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? (18889 Views)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / 6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by preciousmee: 7:01am On Sep 01, 2012
As there ever been a time in your marriage that you felt you could have been a little patient with your decision to marry your husband or wife?
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 01, 2012
Go and look at yourself in the mirror and start saying positive things about yourself.
Look at yourself as Precious not as "mrs" this or that, start loving yourself first, if you don't love or respect yourself no one else will.
Stop being a doormat, be a human being first before being a wife, also teach your children that marriage is not their goal in life, their goal in life should be to be productive, respectful, serve God through serving humanity, seek Gods purpose in their lives and fulfil it.
When our time in the world ends, God wouldn't ask if you married or single, he will ask if you did what he sent you to do. We put so much pressure on ourselves to fulfil societail pressure that we forsake Gods plans for us, and rush into rubbish. When you have a bad marriage everything else in your life will loose focus.
When I talk about serving God I am not talking about Pastor worship or fasting and prayers, I am talking about serving others, taking beverages for strangers in the hospital who can't afford it, buying books for children in public schooks who can't afford it. That is service to God.
Love yourself, You were not born to be "mrs", you were born for Gods glory, only you can achieve that

54 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Basic(m): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
debrief08: Go and look at yourself in the mirror and start saying positive things about yourself.
Look at yourself as Precious not as "mrs" this or that, start loving yourself first, if you don't love or respect yourself no one else will.
Stop being a doormat, be a human being first before being a wife, also teach your children that marriage is not their goal in life, their goal in life should be to be productive, respectful, serve God through serving humanity, seek Gods purpose in their lives and fulfil it.
When our time in the world ends, God wouldn't ask if you married or single, he will ask if you did what he sent you to do. We put so much pressure on ourselves to fulfil societail pressure that we forsake Gods plans for us, and rush into rubbish. When you have a bad marriage everything else in your life will loose focus.
When I talk about serving God I am not talking about Pastor worship or fasting and prayers, I am talking about serving others, taking beverages for strangers in the hospital who can't afford it, buying books for children in public schooks who can't afford it. That is service to God.
Love yourself, You were not born to be "mrs", you were born for Gods glory, only you can achieve that
CRAP! This is why most people fail exams. The OP asked a simple question, which demands a very simple answer as well!
As for me, the answer is no. If anyone has a "yes" answer, they may go the extra mile of giving details. But that's unnecessary. A simple "yes" or "no" would've answered the question perfectly.

51 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by olaedo3087(f): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
Marriage talk is endless, jst like Solomon's maxim: d river emptying into d sea yet d sea never gets full.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by cap28: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
debrief08: Go and look at yourself in the mirror and start saying positive things about yourself.

excellent answer!

5 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by sunnshyn(f): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
Single! angry

1 Like

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by boron10(m): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
regret, and risk having your husband been taken away by arrays of women desperately looking for a husband

1 Like

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by member10: 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
Though I am not married.
Everybody at some point doe feel so, it mostly happens in the earlier days, months of the union. While some, so many years later. Don't believe anybody that says my mariage is so rosy and he's or she's my fantasy, yes they could have it good, but at some point sooner or later, they will have that thought. So, its perfectly normal. Only makes you see the flaws of your other half, accept them for who they are, and make you love them the more.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by blumail: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
Not married but if I were to advise someone in that situation I'll say they should realise that there's no going back & should erase that notion from their mind & try their best to make things work.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by adora4u1: 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
olaedo3087: Marriage talk is endless, jst like Solomon's maxim: d river emptying into d sea yet d sea never gets full.

You rude o! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2012

LOL this is a bit of topic though. Nice advice. grin grin grin grin

@Topic not at all, I thank God everyday. Even in time of conflict, I still appreciate my husband. Infact thanks to him I appreciate the institution called "marriage"

People need to realize that as humans we make mistakes, we fight, we have bad moods, and sometimes we get sad, marriage is no expection, so no regrets at all doing the bad times or good.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Dukechimi: 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
Regret ke? force urself not to. its d Devil creeping into ur home.

Abi have u seen someone else? d Angel u dnt knw

2 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by fittty(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hell yeah!, hell yeah!, hell yeah! f****cking right!!! **singing with drake***
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by oyarose(f): 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
nairalanders with their surprises, why the look and pass system. almost 217 persons have viewed this comment yet no one has the liver 2 answer our very own precious's question. well back to topic, Hell no, wont change him 4 nofing, not even in the world 2 come.haf she be answer d que?

Am a bigzz galz typins frm a brackberry bought at ipaja!
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by edakedkay: 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
I won't say marriage has been a bed of roses for me. I've experienced it's bumps but the nice times far outweighs the bad times. Ask me this question in 10yrs and i'll still say 'i don't regret marrying the man i call my husband'. Your marriage is what you make of it.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by nonylove: 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
we learn and grow everyday it might not be perfect but we are trying our best to make it work.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Jayloy: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hmmmm, my wife knows my username, i had better keep shut before my answer will instigate the obvious thought.

Lol

4 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by nonylove: 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
Jayloy: Hmmmm, my wife knows my username, i had better keep shut before my answer will instigate the obvious thought.

Lol

lol... even now she will have an idea of ur thought

10 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Basquiat: 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
Marriage is neither heaven nor hell, it is simply purgatory.
- Abraham Lincoln

Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
- Benjamin Franklin

Let us now set forth one of the fundamental truths about marriage: the wife is in charge.
- Bill Cosby

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
- Groucho Marx
cool

11 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Leobreezy(m): 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
Fortunately i havn't made any nuptial vows yet. Ladies and Gents, marriage is nt meant 2 update ur facebook relationship status, it is a life long vow u will make 2 be with ur spouse TIL DEATH DO YOU PART. It petrifies me 2 see young beautiful girls breeze into marriage and after 2 yrs dey end up looking like they have pellagra due to marital problems. I will address d ladies bcuz dis issue is predominant in d fairer sex. If u want 2 get married MAINLY bcuz u think u're getting old, den my dear ur definitely nt ready 4 marriage. Age is nt d reason 2 get married, LOVE is. Unfortunately our primitive african ideology doesn't support dat, bt dat should'nt intimidate u. And most importantly shun arranged marriage. That is d main reason why we have broken homes today. If u knw nothing about him then DON'T GET MARRIED. I'm nt just talking about his family and what he does for a living, i mean his nature, attitude, character and orientation. What is courtship for?! U put urself and ur unborn progeny @ risk of living an unhappy life. Dats my advice sha.

12 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Acidosis(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2012
Basic:
CRAP! The OP asked a simple question, which demands a very simple answer as well!

Mister, the OP would definitely be happy for that answer, cos he said exactly what he/She needed at this point in time.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Purist(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2012

Christ!! What's all these? Why are Nigerians so friggin' sanctimonious?! Simple question that demands a simple answer, and you go on a long meaningless rant that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic.

The OP has neither told us that she is in a failed marriage, nor has she sought anyone's "advice" on any matter. She's simply asking - most probably out of curiousity - for people's opinions about their marriage, and you automatically unload all manner of assumptions on her. "Love yourself", "Don't be a doormat", "Serve God", etc. Seriously?!?! This is just SO WRONG, and while you really may mean well for her, you should know that you've completely gone about it the wrong way. #JustSaying.

18 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by kinnex(m): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nah.. But i have once felt i was dating the wrong person.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2012
In a long term partnership like marriage, there is bound to come a time when you feel like you are with the wrong person, especially when times are not rosy or when you have misunderstandings. Regardless of how well you get along with that person or how much rapport you have with them, the thought that maybe there was a better option out there that you missed, will still pass through your mind one day.
It is advisable to focus on the positive sides of your spouse and to try to overlook their shortcomings so that you don't consistently think that they are not right for you and thus end up unhappy with the union.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
thank u very much.i giv u a standing ovation for dis post and i love u for it.uve spoken my mind in typing.gosh,women need to learn dat dey have to live their lives to please d creator of heaven and earth,b d best dey can be and other things will fall in place.haba.what is with all dis r u married now,wen will u b married,all ur friends are married,ure not gettin any younger etc.thank u once again,oshey

2 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by montelik(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2012
If your spouse visits nairaland as well, better think well before you answer.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
Basic:
CRAP! The OP asked a simple question, which demands a very simple answer as well!
i wonder y ure allergic to d truth.u despise people dat say d truth and admire liars and deceivers.evidence: d kind of political leaders and politicians we have today leading us.smh

2 Likes

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by nonylove: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
Purist:

Christ!! What's all these? Why are Nigerians so friggin' sanctimonious?! Simple question that demands a simple answer, and you go on a long meaningless rant that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic.

The OP has neither told us that she is in a failed marriage, nor has she sought anyone's "advice" on any matter. She's simply asking - most probably out of curiousity - for people's opinions about their marriage, and you automatically unload all manner of assumptions on her. "Love yourself", "Don't be a doormat", "Serve God", etc. Seriously?!?! This is just SO WRONG, and while you really may mean well for her, you should know that you've completely gone about it the wrong way. #JustSaying.

I wonder too oooo, she only asked a question. haa oga 4 some pple sha. am sure she is not married so she doesnt ave an idea of wat d poster is asking.lo
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
montelik: If your spouse visits nairaland as well, better think well before you answer.
ehen,if he visits nairaland,will d sun stop shinining or rain stop falling.abeg spare me jo!
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by antywmy: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
I married d best person I culd av married, but sincerly I wish marriage was not a life contract.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by Leobreezy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
The term "Mrs" is not a title meant to elevate ur social status. It shows dat u are now a commited wife and soon-to-be caring mother. So make sure u KNOW THE MAN ur about 2 spend d rest of ur life with.

1 Like

Re: Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? by nonylove: 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
kulyie: thank u very much.i giv u a standing ovation for dis post and i love u for it.uve spoken my mind in typing.gosh,women need to learn dat dey have to live their lives to please d creator of heaven and earth,b d best dey can be and other things will fall in place.haba.what is with all dis r u married now,wen will u b married,all ur friends are married,ure not gettin any younger etc.thank u once again,oshey

am sure you are not married either so u really cant kno what God himself said about marriage. she asked a question for Christ sake, God Himself created marriage and He wants us to love without condition...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girls Are More Caring Than Boys. Do You Agree? / His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends / What Book On Marriage Can I Get For My Girlfriend On Her Birthday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.