Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) (20972 Views)

Manchester United Fan Actually Fell Asleep During Sheffield United Clash Because / Which European Football Club Has The Highest Supporters In Nigeria? / Arsenal vs Sheffield United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Gwekzy: 12:12am On Sep 02, 2012
Nice 1... Am Even PlanninG on BuyinG Barcelona
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by igbo2011(m): 1:24am On Sep 02, 2012
Why not invest the money into the nigerian premier league and turn that into a billion dollar industry? He would probably make a vetter return with that than investing in europe
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by bigx(m): 4:29am On Sep 02, 2012
chiover: and so fuxking wat;> y cant him invest in niaja since he has made moni to billionaire's level? Shephard go repatriat d moni/profit to us?

And why can't you spend less time on nairaland, become a billionaire and invest in nigeria? Rubbish!
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by ojubi(m): 4:51am On Sep 02, 2012
A successful footballer was jail on molestation?
I can smell a set up here.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by davidif: 5:05am On Sep 02, 2012
igbo2011: Why not invest the money into the nigerian premier league and turn that into a billion dollar industry? He would probably make a vetter return with that than investing in europe

Why should he invest in a chaotic, disorganized, corrupt league where he is not sure where he might not get his money back.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by tayolove12(m): 5:23am On Sep 02, 2012
o boiy u too dey talk oooooooooo
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by larpah(m): 6:30am On Sep 02, 2012
I know Mr Jacob, hez an actor...and not a subsidy thief. Hez a very good man, I mu ;Dst say. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by johnstar(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2012
Will dis make uefa replay d match between a madrid vs chelsea undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Slickest(m): 8:01am On Sep 02, 2012
299: Why not invest in your own country to help some of the unemployed youths?....na wa o
ABI
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by chucky234(m): 8:06am On Sep 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Misleading thread. Esan is a billionaire, not millionaire. Please correct it. Give respect to billionaires.
Esan is a billionaire no doubt about that but you are certainly not.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Watcher1: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2012
How does this stop our government officials from being corrupt?

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by rodeo0070(m): 8:08am On Sep 02, 2012
Jacob Esan has 13 company director or
secretary appointments.
Short name - Jacob Esan
Year of Birth: 1975
Jacob Esan is an investment banking
professional with experience and exposure
across a broad range of industrial sectors.
He has functioned in areas covering the
regulatory, buy and sell sides of the financial
services industry. He is presently with
Croesus, a company which provides funds
brokerage and advisory services to clients
and interfaces with multinational lenders.
He also serves with Omniscient Petroleum
Plc, Remiritas and Prudential Arbitrage.
These companies are geared to operate
within the petroleum and oil services,
commodities, bio fuels, contracting and
trading sectors of the economy.
Previously, Jacob served as the Deputy
Group Managing Director of Suru Group Ltd,
an evolving property focused private equity
firm. In this position, Jacob ensured that
Suru Group refocused its operational
strategy to cover seven broad areas whilst
optimizing its returns based on asset
allocatory mechanisms. Suru Group grew to
become a leading alternative asset manager
whilst generating returns based on
investments made in other sectors of the
Nigerian economy including and not limited
to Energy and Power Generation, Hotels and
Hospitality, Investments and Financial
Services, Real Estate and Construction,
Agriculture and Natural Resources amongst
others.
Jacob conceptualized, designed and
implemented the transition of Suru Group
from a property development firm into a
private equity powerhouse with 15
functional subsidiaries and several operating
businesses including the former New World
Hotel on Allen Avenue amongst others.
Jacob acquired for the group, Johnson
Products Nigeria Ltd. He originated,
structured and closed the transaction
following on his successes on the acquisition
and subsequent sale of Stokvis Nigeria Plc
and Nigerian Sewing Machine Manufacturing
Company Plc (Singer Plc).
Jacob Esan was previously with Spring
Capital Markets Plc, where he served as an
Investment Banker and helped developed
competencies within Spring Capital Markets
to access alternatives in asset actualisation,
allocation and pricing within Nigeria’s
financial markets. He was the Managing
Director of Spring Capital Partners Ltd, a
company focused on Private Equity,
Business and Financial Advisory.
Prior to this, Jacob was a consultant to
Honeywell Group Limited, a leading Nigerian
conglomerate/investment holding company
with diverse businesses and interests in
Foods, Energy, Engineering, Real Estate,
Hospitality, Services and other sectors, and
operating mainly out of Nigeria with offices
in the United Kingdom. Mr. Esan served as a
consultant to the group and helped create a
framework for the establishment of a
financial services company, complementary
to and inclusive of rendering services for the
group and the general public within
Nigeria’s financial services industry. Mr.
Esan has also served in an advisory and
consulting capacity with Ikeja Hotels Plc,
owners of the Federal Palace Hotels.
Jacob served with the Central Bank of
Nigeria as the lead consultant, for the
Capital Market framework/strategy and a
consultant for the Regulatory framework/
strategy of the FSS Vision 20 2020, a vision
to transmute Nigeria into one of the top
twenty economies of the world by the year
2020. He has also advised several enabler/
facilitating financial services bodies
including the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the
Securities Exchange Commission and the
Money Market Association of Nigeria now the
Financial Markets Dealers Association. Jacob
served as a key note speaker at the 2006
Annual Nigerian Stock Exchange conference
for Chairmen and Chief Executives of
Quoted Companies where he delivered a
key speech on the Challenges of
Globalisation and Capital Markets. Jacob
has further worked with several agencies
within Nigeria towards creating innovative
and standardised products for the financial
system.
Before then, Jacob Esan was with Hackman
a multi-services firm; where he served as an
analyst/associate within its financial services
practice. In this capacity, he provided
advisory services to clients interested in
Africa, especially African emerging markets
as an investment destination. The group
helped develop unique abilities for African
financial entities in providing advisory,
structuring, due diligence and transaction
management services in addition to
origination services. He has also advised the
Capital Markets Committee of the Nigerian
National Assembly and is the originator of a
Draft Nigerian Securitization Act. Jacob has
also provided services to the Investment
and Securities Tribunal, Nigeria and is
particularly interested in African emerging
markets where he has a unique
understanding of the Financial, Legal and
Regulatory Infrastructure.
Jacob has written several articles and
seminal works on securitization financing
and has attended seminars and conferences
where he has spoken on the need to
harness securitization as a functional
financing mechanism in Africa.
Jacob Esan received his Law Degree from
the University of Ibadan and a Post
Graduate Diploma in Corporate Law from
Holborn College in London and is presently
working on a doctorate degree in
Securitization Financing from Brunel
University, UK. Jacob is an Associate of the
Securities and Investments Institute UK,
Associate of the Institute of Financial
Planning UK, a member of the International
Economic and Finance Society UK, United
Kingdom Society of Investment Professionals
UKSIP and the International Association of
Financial Engineers, USA. Jacob Esan is an
arts collector, playing chess, reading non
fictional works, classical music and is also a
polo enthusiast...
SOURCE-GOOGLE
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 02, 2012
chucky234: Esan is a billionaire no doubt about that but you are certainly not.
People dey vex o.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2012
Watcher1: How does this stop our government officials from being corrupt?

wink
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by ronnietilo: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2012
Text says "SUG will be the investment vehicle for capital raised through Esan in Nigeria with McCabe also potentially using the arrangement for property development in Nigeria. Money raised through SUG will be available for investment in the football club."

Esan is an investment Banker who facilitated (raised) the money. This is normal business his type does. He isn't a billonaire and probably doesn't own any companies you might searching for online.

Also you can see the money is from investors. - several channels.. Esan is just a broker and fronting for some people.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by yungmullah: 8:44am On Sep 02, 2012
299: Why not invest in your own country to help some of the unemployed youths?....na wa o
i wonder ooo, the place where u went a invest, their unemployment rate is low. Here where we need employment u did not invest.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Agiliti(m): 8:56am On Sep 02, 2012
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by isaco(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2012
Let him invest in England club first and later bring his profit back home for nig devt. Is good to be international. Those who abuse him are jealous, i want to get money lik him.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Chedarking: 9:10am On Sep 02, 2012
I cant imagine who would even invest in Sheff utd...

I grew up in Highfield, very close to Bramall Lane and I've watched the st00pid club slide into oblivion.

The club is a blackhole...this man is either into money laundering and needs a front, or a VERY VERY bad business man...
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by olabiz2010: 9:32am On Sep 02, 2012
Leboska: God help us! Seriously even if nobody believe in Naija i do. Lord help to be among those that will make this country great again. I'll invest here creat jobs 4 others, so help God.
I wish i have the power to make you rich, i will just turn you to billionaire right now and see how you will spend yours. The primary aim and objective of any businessman if profit making. It's very easy to criticise rich people until you are in their position one day.
I rep naija any day any time, the country of good people and great nation
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2012
Iڪ it your money? You do not know the dynamics of the situation Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd the money Iڪ not his neither. He Iڪ an investment banker, he will be raising the money from the public or private individuals Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd not dishing it out from his pocket. Do you think a person can be that rich Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd not be known? This Iڪ a gamble, that money might go in Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd nothing will happen. Very few individuals in the world have pockets deep enough f̶̲̥̅̊☺я this sort of gamble. I hope you understand.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by rodeo0070(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2012
ronnietilo: Text says "SUG will be the investment vehicle for capital raised through Esan in Nigeria with McCabe also potentially using the arrangement for property development in Nigeria. Money raised through SUG will be available for investment in the football club."

Esan is an investment Banker who facilitated (raised) the money. This is normal business his type does. He isn't a billonaire and probably doesn't own any companies you might searching for online.

Also you can see the money is from investors. - several channels.. Esan is just a broker and fronting for some people.
Thank you jare...
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 02, 2012
Hmmmm. That's what I'm talking about.

And to everyone else shouting, Hey! Spend that Money in Nigeria. Lolz, make yours first and see what you'd do if you were in his shoes (if you'll stop adding artifacts and lambos to your garage that is)
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by olabiz2010: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2012
yungmullah: i wonder ooo, the place where u went a invest, their unemployment rate is low. Here where we need employment u did not invest.
Easier Said Than Done
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by onatisi(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2012
but come to think of it how does all this affect the price of garri in the market
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by informatix: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2012
Why Jacob Esan NOT investing in running the Club?. Is Sheffield united an Property development company?.
1. Jacob Is doing Jimoh Ibrahim's style of aquisition in Newswatch invest 500mil. Become signatory and transfer his 500mil. Out of the Accounts.

2. Jacobs is fronting for Nigerian Looters. Jacos ONANEFE esan.lol.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by since1914(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2012
Guys! Please the article again. The money will not be invested directly in the Uk. It will invested here in property development in Nigeria and it is only the PROCEEDS i.e Return on Investments that will get to the club directly.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by informatix: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2012
If Jacobs removes £1mil. Out of the £300 he is investing. And invested the £1million=257million Naira in lagos Isolo Industrial estate. I am sure if he opens packaging and printing company or Plastic injection and moulding factory. More than 200 Nigerians will gain fullscale employment. And many distributor of such products will gain a Burst in their business. Many of such companies r. existing today.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by informatix: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2012
since_1914: Guys! Please the article again. The money will not be invested directly in the Uk. It will invested here in property development in Nigeria and it is only the PROCEEDS i.e Return on Investments that will get to the club directly.
pls. Go back and READ with concave lens.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Invests In Sheffield United (English Football Club) by Kajiang02(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2012
informatix: If Jacobs removes £1mil. Out of the £300 he is investing. And invested the £1million=257million Naira in lagos Isolo Industrial estate. I am sure if he opens packaging and printing company or Plastic injection and moulding factory. More than 200 Nigerians will gain fullscale employment. And many distributor of such products will gain a Burst in their business. Many of such companies r. existing today.

Go back too and read bro. I believe this dude isn't investing his funds directly into this. He is sourcing for it,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Copa America Are Without A Host With 13 Days Left To The Tournament / Tokyo2020: Okagbare, Nwokocha Qualify For 100m Semi Final / "Lionel Messi Absense Is Good For Us" - Brazil Star Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.