Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,219 members, 7,867,571 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:43 PM

Lost! Need Your Advise. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lost! Need Your Advise. (804 Views)

About To Divorce Him, Please I Need Your Advise / I Need Your Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost! Need Your Advise. by trillioniare(m): 12:04am On Sep 02, 2012
What would you advise a family of four-parents and two kids- relocating to Nigeria from the UK to do with about fifty thousand pounds they are coming with?
Re: Lost! Need Your Advise. by Richardvic(m): 12:41am On Sep 02, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]You need first things first. an apartment. were do you weish to base? thggstg will determine will determine the kind of biz I will advice you to go into as a consultant tht I am. you can call me on +ggggr
Re: Lost! Need Your Advise. by Mowire: 3:15am On Sep 02, 2012
They should remain in the UK until they have drawn a solid plan what they will do, and start implementing/test-running before moving! And I'm damn serious!

Money is impatient some times: it can just choose to vanish in bits and pieces.

2 Likes

Re: Lost! Need Your Advise. by Richardvic(m): 7:35am On Sep 02, 2012
you are right mowire. if they dont have plan and they come here,things might go 'haywire'!
Re: Lost! Need Your Advise. by 2mch(m): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2012
You saved up all that money with absolutely no plans. I think your first point of call will be to buy very affordable, cheap land snd build something small on it. It is very important to have your own house. If you already do, kudos. Also try to get a car. You can never rely on any human being, so don't be deceived that anyone will accomodate you for long. Make sure you have a job offer before you move!start looking for jobs in nigeria. Or get a contract to launch your move. Don't touch your savings except to settle basic needs.
Re: Lost! Need Your Advise. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2012
^^^^i am curious to know why you think these people who are trying to relocate to 9ja should buy land, instead of trying to get on their feet in 9ja FIRST?! i mean, buying a land is a long term investment, but with £50K saved, they need to look at the short term plan of "settling down in 9ja" first.

Imho buying land should be ONLY considered when there is a reasonable income coming in AND they have decided where they want to live (if they decide to do so after their short initial stay in 9ja).
Re: Lost! Need Your Advise. by friedmeat: 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
171 views,7 replies.
Re: Lost! Need Your Advise. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
Please please please before uprooting your kids, have a solid plan on what you want to do when you get to Nigeria.

I suggest that the parent(s) visit Nigeria first on an extended/working holiday and start putting things in place before you bring the kids.

You have a lot of things to consider first before upping and leaving; location, accommodation, power, transportation, schools for the kids and of course how to create funds to live on be it your own business or finding a job.

Point of advice, if you have property in the UK do not sell it; better to rent it out just in case you need to come back.

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Crime For 2nd Or 3rd Daughter To Get Married Before The 1st Daughter / Rape In Church – The Devil Used Me – Pastor / (photo) The Love Of A Parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.