Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad (23373 Views)

8 Ways To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
free2ryhme:

you no get work

You wey get abeg come employ me.
your life is so pathetic you had to quote the whole writeup to tell me I don't have a job yet you can't paste any vacancy for me to apply.

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2012
Eats alot, loud voice.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by donem: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by tooblessed: 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
The truth is that we are updating. There is HOPE.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by muffins99(f): 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
acidtalk:

My English teacher at the Adult Night School told me just last week that change is wrong.

change is correct if you're referring to real money (you've paid for something and receive the change). Balance is correct if you're referring to virtual money.. e.g your bank balance, phone credit balance.

Change:
a. Money of smaller denomination given or received in exchange for money of higher denomination.
b. The balance of money returned when an amount given is more than what is due.
c. Coins: had change jingling in his pocket.

3 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Chirolechick: 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
pDude: Yawns
your yawn is contagious, now m doing the same

2 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
^^
Thanks!
If not because the Night school is FREE, I would have gone with my revolver to demand for a refund of my money.

^

2 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by dozymars(m): 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
acidtalk: Whether Home or Abroad wherever you come across a Nigeria you might be skeptical of their origin (usually place of birth). But as soon as you hear a Nigerian who grew up and have a better part of their life spent in Nigeria, you can easily tell from their use of words and pronunciation.

Below are some of the words and pronunciations used by Nigerians both within Nigeria and outside.

* I want to Drop : this is when they are making their intention know they want to alight from a bus, taxi or car.

* Where's my change : this is to show they are waiting to collect their balance after a purchase.

* God dey : they are expressing their dissapointment in an event or feel cheating.

* E go better : When they believe there's hope in a current situation they are presently not happy about.

Others are :
* Jumpig of queues

* Speaking in loud voice

* Rushing to take a train, cab or bus and also in a hurry to alight
* Talking for hours and shouting while making use of a public phone boot.

* Talking so loud on the Hotel hallway.

* The highest spender in clubs, bars, malls and event centre.

* the man that keeps talking aloud inside the cinema.

More to come soon.

AND ALSO, THE ONE THAT COMPLAINS AND CRITICIZES HIS FELLOW NAIJA.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Chirolechick: 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
acidtalk: ^^
Thanks!
If not because the Night school is FREE, I would have gone with my revolver to demand for a refund of my money.

^
cunny u, d guy fall ur hand, u turn am 2 joke, u try

5 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
dozymars:

Oh not again.
And the one that quote the whole writeup just to end up being senseless.

3 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Op, you are insane!!!

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Tadup: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
acidtalk: i believe you cant just depict a Nigerian by mere looking at them.
thats true. E.g fulani girl and fat yoruba woman with native marks!

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mekymuo: Op, you are insane!!!

Irony of it all is that your father's name appeared right before mine at the psychiatric home.

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by dozymars(m): 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
acidtalk: Whether Home or Abroad wherever you come across a Nigeria you might be skeptical of their origin (usually place of birth). But as soon as you hear a Nigerian who grew up and have a better part of their life spent in Nigeria, you can easily tell from their use of words and pronunciation.

Below are some of the words and pronunciations used by Nigerians both within Nigeria and outside.

* I want to Drop : this is when they are making their intention know they want to alight from a bus, taxi or car.

* Where's my change : this is to show they are waiting to collect their balance after a purchase.

* God dey : they are expressing their dissapointment in an event or feel cheating.

* E go better : When they believe there's hope in a current situation they are presently not happy about.

Others are :
* Jumpig of queues

* Speaking in loud voice

More to come soon.

DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGERIANS ARE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH, NIGERIANS ARE ALSO ONE OF THE MOST HOSPITABLE PEOPLE.
SO WHY DID'NT YOU MENTION THAT.
STOP DUELING ON THE NEGATIVE ASPECT. APPRECIATE YOUR PEOPLE AND BE A GOOD AMBASSADOR.

10 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by onila(f): 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
when i see bitchy black women that are not Jamaicans lipsrsealed
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Saravejo(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2012

Others are :
* Jumpig of queues

* Speaking in loud voice

More to come soon.
hey dude u are mad, unfortunate fellow

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
Both balance and change are correct. I still heard change at the mall yesterday. Plus I just checked Encarta dictionaries.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by mikron(m): 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
na wa o! how that one come take concern u na? every tribe of the world get their own identity so leave us alone
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
- Loud on the phone and on the bus.
- The accent - AmericoJapanChineseYorubaIgbo accent.
- How did I forget the big words? Bwahhahahaha... And words like 'Him..be..sile" IM[i]B[/i]ECILE.. Gotta love my naija people! grin

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qa4yLubz4o

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by omosexy1: 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
dozymars:

Thank you jor. Someone feeling good about talking trash of his people. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Litmus: 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
Don't know about weird, but, the shiniest and cleanest looking blacks often turn out to be Nigerian. Another observation, if you're looking for so-called "typical African characteristics", you will miss 8 out of 10 Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
onila: when i see bitchy black women that are not Jamaicans lipsrsealed
You have removed all doubt. Am dead wrong. You are not that little fo.ol i thought you were, but a bigger one.

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by onila(f): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
[quote author=Mekymuo] You have removed all doubt. Am dead wrong. You are not that little fo.ol i thought you were, but are bigger one.[/quote

uhm Nigerian girls are bitchy kiss its the FACT!
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by pss: 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
I beg to disagree with some your points. I think some of your assumptions are based on limited information available to you.

mruknaijaboy: i dont know about the weirdest ways to identify a nigerian but the ways i can identify nigerians overall here in the uk

nigerians always have a certain look to them, as ghanians and jamaicans do also, you can tell the difference between a jamaican and a nigerian but some people find it difficult to distinct ghanians and nigerians over here except for when someone is really dark they will assume they are from ghana,but wether a nigerian is born here in the UK or come from overseas you can always tell from their face

It is different identifying nigerians overall from Nigerians from abroad in the UK and nigerians who are born and raised in the uk

Ways I can identify a nigerian from abroad in the UK:

Their dress sense - I can identify a nigerian from abroad from their dress sense, when they go clubbing they always seem to wear blazers and tight trousers/jeans or as they call them skinny jeans, and they always have some sort of mowhawk hairstyle which looks absoloutely ridiculous, check out uk nigerian artists 2kriss to know what im talking about

Talking Loud and Aggressively
- When a nigerian from abroad is here in the uk when they are on the phone the whole world can hear their conversation, their is no such thing as them talking quitely, they are shouting on the phone in public to disturb everyone with their conversation, my mum is also another one who doesn't know how to talk quitely when shes talking to someone on the phone lol

And i noticed everything that is said sounds aggressive, even one girl that went to my university from abroad and i got her number, i couldn't stand her because everytime i tried to be funny and make jokes with her the way she replied always sounded so rude because of her tone of voice lol, i know she liked me and she used to call me all the time but i just couldn't take it lol

The smell of their clothes - There is always a distinct smell of food that they have on their clothes, i can pin point what the exact food their clothes smells of but it is the same smell all the time, and i dont find it too pleasant either to be honest

I am not bashing nigerians from abroad who come to uk its the honest truth lol ask anyone grin

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
Saravejo: hey dude u are mad, unfortunate fellow
eyah!
So even after the idio*tic moderator in Romance tossed this thread out, you all can't still get off my back.

Na so una hate 'yourselves' for nairaland?
Get a life punk. If you have nothing to say go play with your mates at the psychiatric home.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Okontami: 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
asdf:jkl ha ha :
Is true sha n also naija pple can be annoyin at times
Abi were ni awon iyalaya e ni
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
moroh: Both balance and change are correct. I still heard change at the mall yesterday. Plus I just checked Encarta dictionaries.

This is coming quite late because I have already gunned down my English teacher.

Just hope she survives it so I can apologize for getting misled on nairaland.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Idowuogbo(f): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
shymexx: - Loud on the phone and on the bus.
- The accent - AmericoJapanChineseYorubaIgbo accent.
- How did I forget the big words? Bwahhahahaha... And words like 'Him..be..sile" IM[i]B[/i]ECILE.. Gotta love my naija people! grin

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qa4yLubz4o
Roflmaooooo!!!!
Shymexxx! Oh my lawd!!!
*crying*
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2012
mruknaijaboy: i dont know about the weirdest ways to identify a nigerian but the ways i can identify nigerians overall here in the uk
nigerians always have a certain look to them, as ghanians and jamaicans do also, you can tell the difference between a jamaican and a nigerian but some people find it difficult to distinct ghanians and nigerians over here except for when someone is really dark they will assume they are from ghana,but wether a nigerian is born here in the UK or come from overseas you can always tell from their face

It is different identifying nigerians overall from Nigerians from abroad in the UK and nigerians who are born and raised in the uk

Ways I can identify a nigerian from abroad in the UK:

Their dress sense - I can identify a nigerian from abroad from their dress sense, when they go clubbing they always seem to wear blazers and tight trousers/jeans or as they call them skinny jeans, and they always have some sort of mowhawk hairstyle which looks absoloutely ridiculous, check out uk nigerian artists 2kriss to know what im talking about

Talking Loud and Aggressively
- When a nigerian from abroad is here in the uk when they are on the phone the whole world can hear their conversation, their is no such thing as them talking quitely, they are shouting on the phone in public to disturb everyone with their conversation, my mum is also another one who doesn't know how to talk quitely when shes talking to someone on the phone lol

And i noticed everything that is said sounds aggressive, even one girl that went to my university from abroad and i got her number, i couldn't stand her because everytime i tried to be funny and make jokes with her the way she replied always sounded so rude because of her tone of voice lol, i know she liked me and she used to call me all the time but i just couldn't take it lol

The smell of their clothes - There is always a distinct smell of food that they have on their clothes, i can pin point what the exact food their clothes smells of but it is the same smell all the time, and i dont find it too pleasant either to be honest

I am not bashing nigerians from abroad who come to uk its the honest truth lol ask anyone grin

Yo g, where have you been? I concur with your post - the skinny jeans and mohican piss me off, but Nigerians are fashion conscious although they overdo everything most times.

And Nigerians are aggressive as fvck but most run like puzzies when it's time to fight... They just like shouting and disturbing the peace.. Bwahahahahaha

But hey, I love my naija people - we go hard in the club... Champaz everywhere, with mandem rocking all the new designers and that - and they party hard. Naija mans buy out every club they go to and you sure know they're going to make the champaz rain..

Get money, spend stupid, and get on noodles diet after - that's the naija way..

Salute!!! grin
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mekymuo: Look at this dunce!!! Let me tell you, i have been to more than 20 countries, and all Nigerians i met are all well behaved.

Yeah right!!!
Counteries like Burkina faso, Chad, Niger, Guinea, Mali, Sudan, Somalia and the other poorest of Nations on earth.
I guess the best country you have visited is Afghanistan.

Go to Ghana next door and see how unbehaved Nigerians are. Don't want to talk of South-Africa or Egypt. Note I didn't even mention any country outside Africa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Commuters On A Long Queue At Ojota BRT Lane (photo) / My Trip To Shere Hills, Plateau State (Photos) / Fuel Tanker Falls In Cross River, Residents Rush Out With Their Gallons. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.