Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,824 members, 7,813,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Comments/complaints/suggestions - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Comments/complaints/suggestions (143740 Views)

Pls Help Me With Suggestions On This Nissan Xterra Transmission Issue / Manual Transmission : Issues & Comments / Make Comments On The New License Plate Number By Frsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by seyiaderinto(m): 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Tomahawk200:
Dear Nairaland people please help me out!

I use a Mercedes S500 1997 (W 140), actually hijacked from my dad. Recently, There was a bridge of wires around the center console (I guess the radio/central lock button area). After our longtime Rewire fixed it the car refused to start - it just keeps rolling. I was told to replace the shock sensors but this was to no avail. They 'claimed' they scanned d car (I've been largely & unavoidably unavailable) and that they had to reprogram the car key with something like a transponder (they called it the "IMO"wink in the brainbox or so. Still the car hasn't started. However if you pour a little fuel in the airflow meter it starts briefly and goes off. So most likely the nozzles are not opening, but they confirmed the shock sensor was working and fuel is supplying from the tank... NOW THEY'RE CLUELESS!!!

Any suggestions or help is well appreciated. Car has been in Yaba for 2wks now.
acually with what u have said the nozzles of d car is stock closed so I advise u to run a scan on d vehicle which will lead u to solve d problem. Don't do try by error on your car
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by donbabchizy(m): 12:56am On Dec 03, 2015
My Honda baby boy is giving me issues and makes me tired of the car, now the current problem is that, whenever I managed to start the car, it doesn't sound well, it's like it vibrates and if I am driving it hardly fires, asin if I am trying to increase the speed, it won't change gear immediately and would just make one loud sound and later pick and the painful part is that it hardly climb hills now! It would just keep moving slowly until I get to a leveled ground! The mech says I need to change the fuel pump, don't know how true this is! Please help before my baby boy runs me down!
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Chaskodee: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2015
Auto Mechanic of The Year 2015! Nominations have started! http://partboyz.com/forum
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by jaz(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2015
hi guys, please what causes the screeching sound once you press on the brakes ? though they are still as sharp as a needle and still brings my suv to a halt over a little distance
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by mozkunzult: 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good evening everyone, I need serious help. I bought I Peugeot 406. 1996 model directly shipped from harmburg . Started useing the car from october and two weeks ago timing belt jumped as I was travelling from ph to asaba. My mechanic came from ph, checked it and xonfirmed it was the belt that snapped he tried working it at the place I parked it and for one week after buying the valves and everything the car refused to start. After trying severally we towed it to his workshop in ph and for another 2weeks its still the same thing. I really dont know wat to do now I need help plss
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by florida46(m): 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
pls sienna and fwnds d knock sound I get from d engine of my car wen d temperature has risen which is usually experienced while climbing a hill, it also slows down its acceleration, what' could d problem be?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by progressive2016: 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hi Guys, I have a 2001 Nissan Skyline 250 GT(VQ25DD engine), for some time now I have been having a series of problems with it. The complaints started with the oxygen sensors and the car was giving off black smoke with a weird smell and of course a higher fuel consumption. Then it started loosing compression and jerking, I would have to turn it off and on a few times before it runs smooth.

I bought 2 brand new Genuine Nissan oxygen sensors, but still got the reading from the scanner saying the sensors were bad, along with the check light coming back on after the trouble was cleared. After tracing the electrical feed of the O2 sensors back to the ECU, we discovered that the ECU was sending no current to the sensors, also the car started to give a complaint that the crankshaft sensor was bad, again I got a Genuine Nissan replacement, then it said the right camshaft sensor is bad. I then got a Genuine Nissan replacement for that as well, it then said the left camshaft sensor is bad, again I got a Genuine Nissan replacement along with a new ECU and the car is still acting the same way, except that the O2 sensor complaint is now gone, but the compression issue with very little acceleration is still there ( the car cant rev above 1500 RPMs or it starts to jerk) , however when we remove the right camshaft sensor the engine runs a lot smoother at a very high rev and is gaining compression. I am at my wits end with this car, could you help? Really frustrated!
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
Could you supply the following information: Car VIN; part numbers of all the sensors used; the part number of the ECU; the error codes pulled.
You might have more helpful response if you post this issue in the Nissan/Infiniti thread.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by progressive2016: 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Frame Number: BLGARHAV35DDA-A
Crankshaft Sensor: 23731AL605
L Camshaft Sensor: 23731AL622
R Camshaft Sensor: 23731AL616
Oxygen Sensor: 22690AL600
ECU: 23710AL500

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 02, 2016
By VIN I meant the Chassis number, which is supposed to have 17 characters. I cannot see that.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by progressive2016: 6:15am On Jan 02, 2016
That's all there is on the plate, I realised that the car being manufactured in Japan, does not come with that 17 character VIN as you are accustomed to on the Infiniti models in North America
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by progressive2016: 6:17am On Jan 02, 2016
Chassis Number is Stated V35-105207, that's the same number on the vehicle's frame
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 02, 2016
progressive2016:
That's all there is on the plate, I realised that the car being manufactured in Japan, does not come with that 17 character VIN as you are accustomed to on the Infiniti models in North America
OK, I realised that too. What about the codes you pulled? Then again, have you checked the engine grounds for corrosion and connection?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by progressive2016: 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
The only cod showing up now is P0340, We did a comprehensive check of all the earth connections and they are all clean, however, we also discovered that there is a fluctuation in the current, it's running at 13 volts then it drops to 10.3 then back up to 13, then back down to 9.8, etc. Don't know if you could shed some light there.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
It's a tough one all right. Sounds to me as if there's an electrical breech somewhere. The only other things I can think of are the IPDM and the battery. By battery I mean some cells may be bad. You could check the IPDM for water contamination.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by stjsd(m): 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Scammer(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
progressive2016:
The only cod showing up now is P0340, We did a comprehensive check of all the earth connections and they are all clean, however, we also discovered that there is a fluctuation in the current, it's running at 13 volts then it drops to 10.3 then back up to 13, then back down to 9.8, etc. Don't know if you could shed some light there.
Costee:
It's a tough one all right. Sounds to me as if there's an electrical breech somewhere. The only other things I can think of are the IPDM and the battery. By battery I mean some cells may be bad. You could check the IPDM for water contamination.

His ride is converted, from Rhd to lhd
And i think the wiring system has been messed up
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Aimglobalowen: 8:27am On Jan 04, 2016
Hello All,
Pls I am planning of buying a Toyota Senina 1999-2001 model and Pls I will like to know the Problems, Defects & Complaints associated with this Van in Nigeria.
Urgent help thank you
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by progressive2016: 10:29am On Jan 04, 2016
Scammer, the car is RHD, but you may be on to something regarding the wiriing system. Costee, we have not been able to test the IPDM as you suggested, we discovered the meter we're using is not giving the correct reading, so work has been at a stand still since we had to order a new on I will update you as soon as soon as we do.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by demtrack(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
progressive2016:
Scammer, the car is RHD, but you may be on to something regarding the wiriing system. Costee, we have not been able to test the IPDM as you suggested, we discovered the meter we're using is not giving the correct reading, so work has been at a stand still since we had to order a new on I will update you as soon as soon as we do.
The IPDM is the major component in nissan try and run a proper scan on it.Also don't rule your exhaust pipe tell your mechanic to check under your car and examine your exhaust very well,if it is not block
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by mcsensis: 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Dear NLers,

I have an issue with my car. A toyota Camry 2002 model (BIG FOR SOMETHING grin).
the car was not moving well, as in at highest acceleration on the highway even a bike can still overtake u.

the car is pretty clean except for this problem that just developed few days ago.
i took it for scanning and the code P0500 showed up meaning "VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR A".

The sensor was replaced and the problem persists.

At this point i am confused and need help of experts in this forum.

kindly give ur expert suggestions, opinion, solutions etc..
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by mozkunzult: 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
8:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good evening everyone, I need serious help. I bought I Peugeot 406. 1996 model directly shipped from harmburg . Started useing the car from october and two weeks ago timing belt jumped as I was travelling from ph to asaba. My mechanic came from ph, checked it and xonfirmed it was the belt that snapped he tried working it at the place I parked it and for one week after buying the valves and everything the car refused to start. After trying severally we towed it to his workshop in ph and for another 2weeks its still the same thing. I really dont know wat to do now I need help plss the worse is that the mechanic now seem to be confused.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by honmusa(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
mcsensis:
Dear NLers,

I have an issue with my car. A toyota Camry 2002 model (BIG FOR SOMETHING grin).
the car was not moving well, as in at highest acceleration on the highway even a bike can still overtake u.

the car is pretty clean except for this problem that just developed few days ago.
i took it for scanning and the code P0500 showed up meaning "VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR A".

The sensor was replaced and the problem persists.

At this point i am confused and need help of experts in this forum.

kindly give ur expert suggestions, opinion, solutions etc..

Check your spark plug and find a reputable mechanic workshop to run a fuel pressure check on your fuel line .
U can contact autologic @ 08061166316 to run this test
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by pek(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2016
progressive2016:
Is this a joke or what? No VIN on the car?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by toluh(f): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Please i need to know a reasonable price, i can bid for Toyota Corolla 2007/2009 and Honda Civic 2007/2009
Thanks.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by arote(m): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
you want to purchase or renew your vehicle 3rd party insurance and pay on delivery? Benefits includes: you are purchasing an original policy,you get alert even before d certificate is giving to you and can verify its originality at www.niid.com.wathsapp me on 08185199332
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Doyin2016: 1:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
JOIN AUTOCLUB 4FREE!!! 2JOIN! Send ur name,email,phone no,vehicle make,model nd year,registration or VIN..to 08026866459.@autoclub..we do nd renew drivers license,vehicle particulars,we sell all types of vehicle spare parts nd deliver it @ur doorsteps

1 Like

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by oludada02: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
Good afternoon guys,pls did anyone knows where and how to get a car on hire purchase, of Nissan Micra car?please treat urgent.contact me on 07062651928.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Deeet(f): 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
Good evening all,

Please I'm interested in getting a 2008 dodge caliber, but I'll love to know if there's anyone who's used it before or knows someone, that could tell me what it's like with respect to mechanics, parts and reliability.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
Please,is chrysler neon a good car? Also,are the car parts expensive?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Denn(m): 8:10am On Feb 03, 2016
WHY ARE MY THREADS BEING DELETED?

I have been a long time member of this forum, especially posting and opening threads on Car Talk.

As at today, i have 35 topics and 1,818 posts to my credit (not accounting for the data lost during the Tsunami).

However, i have been surprised and to be diplomatic, annoyed at the persistent closure of some of the threads i have been opening.

Of late is the thread I Opened on beating VIO checks which was totally deleted, along with readers' comments.

I have been banned by your anti-spam bots on some occasions for even offering assistance to Car Talk followers.

I am certain this thread would either be deleted shortly or i banned forthwith but i need to air my mind on the unwelcome scenarios.

I am an active member of many fora and i try to keep to the rules. Of note, these are the forums of which i am an active member of:
www.reddit.com
www.e46fanatics.com
www.benzworld.org
www.mercedes-benz.co.uk
www.thesamba.com
www.xjtalk.com etc

I have never been banned nor have my posts deleted on any of these fora before.

I try to ensure my posts are to help people and provide information to all and sundry in the relevant groups I join. Of course, I learn a lot from interaction with others and I look forward to such.

Forthwith, i would like to know what rule i have broken for my threads to be deleted and my moniker banned.

or does it seem i have overstayed my welcome here?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by GoodDike: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2016
My 2009 Camry car V6 vibrates as soon as i start speeding, after a while it normalises, what could be the cause and solutions as well. Pls help.
Also I discover gear oil leakage from under the car.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

LIST OF GOOD AUTO WORKSHOPS IN NIGERIA / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Range Rover Sports Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.