Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

The bible and soul travelling - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The bible and soul travelling (2175 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' / Eckanker And Soul Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The bible and soul travelling by Zeta(m): 1:26am On Jan 05, 2008
The bible did not say much about soul travelling,but religions like Eckankar say it is possible to do.They teach the showing of love to others so there religion can?t be all that bad as people say.I know a friend that goes to eckankar and he lives a fairly good life.what do you guys think?
Re: The bible and soul travelling by Xvalier: 2:40am On Jan 05, 2008
Hi Zeta,

I got 2 questions for you.

(1) What do you mean by 'soul travel' ??

(2) What is it to leave a 'fairly good life'? Do you mean by this that your friend does not smoke or drink, does get loose with the opposite sex, or maybe same sex?
Re: The bible and soul travelling by Zeta(m): 3:19am On Jan 05, 2008
hi xvalier
1]Soul travelling is the idea of being conscious of your self when outside your body.Being able to go to places like the moon so they claim.i have not tried it intentionally though.
2]What i mean by a good life is if you have a way of helping others you do so and the stuff you mentioned.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by pilgrim1(f): 9:13am On Jan 05, 2008
@Zeta,

Zeta:

The bible did not say much about soul travelling,but religions like Eckankar say it is possible to do.They teach the showing of love to others so there religion can?t be all that bad as people say.I know a friend that goes to eckankar and he lives a fairly good life.what do you guys think?

The Bible 'did not say much' about soul travelling because it is not a handbook for eckists. When you assume that the Bible 'did not say much', perhaps you have a few verses in mind that remotely say a few things about soul travelling. Could you share them with us? smiley

However, there are so many religions that are only after 'a fairly good life' and nothing more. If that is what you had assumed about the Bible, please spend some more time prayerfully seeking an understanding of its revelations, and you will come to see the huge difference there is.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by adekennis(m): 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2008
Are you a xtian?? angry
moreover, do you know what is call bible angry angry
Re: The bible and soul travelling by pilgrim1(f): 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2008
@adekennis,

adekennis:

Are you a xtian?? angry
moreover, do you know what is call bible angry angry

Lol. . . there's no need to be upset with the posts. Gradually, people reveal themselves for who they truly are! cheesy
Re: The bible and soul travelling by dafidixone(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2008

The bible is not here to deceive people. Any religion that do not accept Jesus christ as Lord and saviour is not of truth. Flee from them.

Soul travelling is an Occultic practices. bible is not a party to that.

Dear ZET please I beg of you be reconcile to God. smiley
Re: The bible and soul travelling by pilgrim1(f): 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2008
dafidixone:

Dear ZET please I beg of you be reconcile to God. smiley

Amen! smiley
Re: The bible and soul travelling by Zeta(m): 12:59am On Jan 06, 2008
Wait people.I am a christian and i believe Jesus came to save all of our lives from eternal destruction.My question sprung up from something that had been bothering my mind.Here it goes,what do you think happens when we dream?
From what i read on the net when the eckists want to do what they do they get very relaxed both physically and in the mind freeing themselves of the troubles of the day then they are off .This is quite similar to what we normally do when we want to sleep.And the eckists also claim dreaming is a form of unconscious astral travel.In the dreams of some people God could let you see what could happen in the future if something important concerning you is going to happen.
The eckists claim this is also possible when they do what they do.
So what do you guys think.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by Ndipe(m): 1:31am On Jan 06, 2008
Any organization that does not accept the Physical death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is a fraud!. Steer clear from them.

1 Like

Re: The bible and soul travelling by pilgrim1(f): 7:24am On Jan 06, 2008
@Zeta,

Zeta:

Wait people.I am a christian and i believe Jesus came to save all of our lives from eternal destruction.

Okay, we may simply take your word from it - my apologies personally to have concluded earlier that you were not a Christian (it was hard to see how you could have been one).

However, I think Ndipe's advice should sum everything for you - it is timely and will save you loads of trouble:

Ndipe:

Any organization that does not accept the Physical death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is a fraud!. Steer clear from them.

Cheers. smiley
Re: The bible and soul travelling by oghos2k(m): 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2008
Zeta, its like you wanna come show what a genius you are again in this section.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2008
The Bible does not speak much about soul travelling cause the idea is not from and in line with the Christian belief.

It if made clear to us over and over in the Bible that being good has nothing to living the good and abundant life in Christ. Not smoking and drinking, giving to the poor does not make a person good. I mean we see this over and over in the real world where some of the vilest human beings on the planet do some good work on the side and so are loved by those who have so far experienced the good side of them. I mean even the pedophile next door may be the man who volunteers each week to feed the poor and help at the old people's home. Being good is not all what it is made to be when it comes to being of God.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by Purist(m): 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
@oghos2k

oghos2k:

Zeta, its like you want to come show what a genius you are again in this section.

Why do you keep trailing this young chap around the forum? Why not let him be? I saw your arguments at the Education board, and something tells me you really envy Zeta. Did the guy steal your babe from you? Or are you having a hard time competing with him in class? (I understand both of you attend the same school, and are both in the same class). Please stop this 'Police and Thief' game you keep playing around the forum, it doesn't speak well of you.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by oghos2k(m): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2008
, what ever
Re: The bible and soul travelling by Zeta(m): 12:11am On Jan 10, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The Bible does not speak much about soul travelling cause the idea is not from and in line with the Christian belief.

It if made clear to us over and over in the Bible that being good has nothing to living the good and abundant life in Christ. Not smoking and drinking, giving to the poor does not make a person good. I mean we see this over and over in the real world where some of the vilest human beings on the planet do some good work on the side and so are loved by those who have so far experienced the good side of them. I mean even the pedophile next door may be the man who volunteers each week to feed the poor and help at the old people's home. Being good is not all what it is made to be when it comes to being of God.
true that.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by cgift(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2008
Interesting topic really but can go out of bounds if not properly managed.

The bible does not encourage Soul travelling. Why you may ask? That portion of the human soul that does that is a very very delicate one which God himself seeks to control. People miss it when they think they can control the spiritual without recourse to the creator. It is that part that God himself during creation, his breathe. Man was just a like a dull baby when he was created - useless! But when god breathe into him, tha breathe, gave life to the spirit, the soul, mind and / or intellect. God himself must control the functioning of these for you to remain useful to him.

You talked about dreams. God is really interested in that state of yours whem asleep. The bible says he opens our ears in the visions of the night (while sleeping). The bible also talsk about the outpouring of the spirit of God upon his children which will then activate these gifts of dreaming, visions, prophecy and others. What happens in the dream estate goes a long way to determine what happens in the physcial realms. And that is why a child of God must know how to exercise authority even after a dream.

People are active in dreams and while dreaming (during sleep), many people have entered into trouble/problems especially spiritually which takes its turn on the physical. People have eatne in dreams and that marked the beginning of crisis in their lives. Many have been beaten up in dreams only to wake up to find physical stripes over their bodies. many have fought battles in dreams and depending on the outcome, saw physcial manifestations.

Yes! Dreams are powerful and thats why you need the power of Christ. Christians do not conjour visions/trances/dreams, forces take their minds their while they are asleep. When you are of Christ, your dream-life becomes subject to him and then He can use it to tell you secrets (about self, else, nations, anything) , fight and win enemies, teach you things (physical and spiritual) - but you dont launch yourself into such states , that is not biblical.

The bible is a divine book which has just what you need to be a champion on this earth. Nothing more. Once you begin to go out of the bible, you loose track and gradually commit your soul to the evil one.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by pilgrim1(f): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2008
@cgift,

Happy New Year! cheesy How body?

Interesting post - be encouraged.
Re: The bible and soul travelling by cgift(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2008
My sis. I dey kampe. I have been on vacation since lat year and only resumed today. Thank God for his mercies. I can see that you have been very busy here sha! Thumbs up! Hope you still got a perfect blend of work and studies? grin

(1) (Reply)

End Of Ceasefire / Rapture Has Taken Place! / I Come As "The God Of Chosen" - Lynda Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.