Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? (17803 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by 2864: 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
Which Church will you advice a new convert to attend ? Celestial Church, Cherubim and Seraphim ? Christ Embassy ?...The Redeemed , Mountain Of Fire ? ..... AND WHY ?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by oiseworld: 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
the church in which he was converted.

6 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by 2864: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
oiseworld: the church in which he was converted.
If your convert was met outside the church, eg Sport circle ..... ? Which church would you advice him to attend ? ...Your Church !
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by oiseworld: 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
2864:
If your convert was met outside the church, eg Sport circle ..... ? Which church would you advice him to attend ? ...Your Church !

if i converted him i will bring him to my church for proper follow up and encouragement.

if for one reason he can't come to my church, i would request to know the churches closest to him and recommend one.

9 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
keep dreaming..
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Techwriter: 12:32am On Sep 04, 2012
It all depends on the leading of the Spirit and the individual. Some people will never go to Deeper Life because its not in line with their upbringing. They were brought up wearing trousers as a lady. They would find Christianity boring and quit. Others sence of decenc
y abhors women wearing trousers, even as an unbeliever she believes she is holier than all the trouser wearing ladies. She may not cope in all the women-trouser-wearing churches. Semi-literate people can cope in RCCG for instance where they have interpreyers but would be wasting his/her time in Chris Okotie church where even a literate man struggles to catch some words while others enjoy the way the trendy pastor weaves words.
So consider those factors and don't force the person to your church especially if you know he won't cope. I have had people come to our church and run away because they feel they are too different from this rich and well dressed guys. They feel intimidated and no amount of love could revive their self-confidence. So many other factors I can't mention here come into play. But PRAY and follow the Spirit

10 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 04, 2012
Techwriter: It all depends on the leading of the MIND and the individual. Some people will never go to Deeper Life because its not in line with their upbringing. They were brought up wearing trousers as a lady. They would find Christianity boring and quit. Others sence of decenc
y abhors women wearing trousers, even as an unbeliever she believes she is holier than all the trouser wearing ladies. She may not cope in all the women-trouser-wearing churches. Semi-literate people can cope in RCCG for instance where they have interpreyers but would be wasting his/her time in Chris Okotie church where even a literate man struggles to catch some words while others enjoy the way the trendy pastor weaves words.
So consider those factors and don't force the person to your church especially if you know he won't cope. I have had people come to our church and run away because they feel they are too different from this rich and well dressed guys. They feel intimidated and no amount of love could revive their self-confidence. So many other factors I can't mention here come into play. But PRAY and follow your [b]SENSES/UPBRINGING[/b]
fixed...
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by CrazyMan(m): 8:54am On Sep 04, 2012
Any church whose doctrine of christ doesn't contradict what we have in the bible would do.

4 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Techwriter: 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
@muskeeto. U don't need to fix anything. Even when u think its a mind thing, never operate it independent of the spirit. Spirit this time refers to your human Spirit that interacts with the Holy Spirit. U do that thru prayers. The Bible says "lean not on your understandn,rather in ALL your ways acknowledge Him"Prov 3:5. Your best calculations can be faulty if not backed wt prayers. Abrahams servant Eliezer prayed while looking for a wife for Isaac before he used his mind to give criteria

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by italo: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
2864: Which Church will you advice a new convert to attend ? Celestial Church, Cherubim and Seraphim ? Christ Embassy ?...The Redeemed , Mountain Of Fire ? ..... AND WHY ?

The only church there is. The one that was founded by Jesus Christ with Peter as its head. The church that has maintained the doctrine and tradition as passed down from the apostles through an unbroken line of apostolic succession to the present day.

There is only one church founded by Jesus Christ. All those other shops are just businesses founded by men.

14 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by MyJoe: 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
italo:

The only church there is. The one that was founded by Jesus Christ with Peter as its head. The church that has maintained the doctrine and tradition as passed down from the apostles through an unbroken line of apostolic succession to the present day.

There is only one church founded by Jesus Christ. All those other shops are just businesses founded by men.
Interesting. But what evidence - Biblical and otherwise - is there that Peter was ever the head of the Roman Catholic Church?

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by italo: 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
MyJoe:
Interesting. But what evidence - Biblical and otherwise - is there that Peter was ever the head of the Roman Catholic Church?

If you look at my post again, you'll see that I didn't mention the Catholic Church, its you who thinks that my description of the Church founded by Christ fits the Catholic Church. So I shouldn't be the one proving anything to you, it should be the other way round.

23 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
you are already in church. be sure not to pollute the church with cigarettes and pork.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by MyJoe: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
italo:

If you look at my post again, you'll see that I didn't mention the Catholic Church, its you who thinks that my description of the Church founded by Christ fits the Catholic Church. So I shouldn't be the one proving anything to you, it should be the other way round.
Ah. So you didn't mean the Catholic Church? Ok.

So how do we identify this "one that was founded by Jesus Christ with Peter as its head"?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by italo: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
MyJoe:
Ah. So you didn't mean the Catholic Church? Ok.

So how do we identify this "one that was founded by Jesus Christ with Peter as its head"?

I said "I didn't MENTION the Catholic Church" but you have distorted it to say "I didn't MEAN the Catholic Church."

If an adult - as I suppose you are - cannot tell the difference between "MENTION" and "MEAN," then no wonder all you like-minded people keep wandering from pillar to post like sheep without shepherd.

I have given you all the description I think is necessary as follows:
italo:

...And your subsequent comment suggests that you have identified that as the Catholic Church.

I don't see the need for further questions from you.

But, a word of advice: if a literate person can't tell the difference between "MENTION" and "MEAN," I think what that person needs is not to spend time arguing on nairaland. That person should visit an optician, buy a dictionary or have a brain transplant.

13 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by MyJoe: 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
^^^ You did not mention the Catholic Church but I knew what you meant and asked you a question based on that. Anyway, whatever rocks your boat.

You don't sound very much like an adult, though.

11 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by MyJoe: 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
italo:
I don't see the need for further questions from you.
For you, certainly not. You may calm down.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by italo: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
MyJoe: ^^^ You did not mention the Catholic Church but I knew what you meant and asked you a question based on that.

How could you KNOW what I meant? Couldn't I have been talking about any other church?..like Christ Embassy, RCCG, Lord's Chosen, Household of God, House on the Rock, Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and Seraphim, Living Faith, Miracle Ministries, Emeka and Sons Church, Synagogue, MYJOE MIND-READERS CHURCH or any of the other tens of thousands of Churches around the world...

Or could there be no one among them that was founded by Christ and maintains his doctrine as is passed down from the apostles?

Why do you associate only the Catholic Church with that description?

Is there something you know that you are not telling?

MyJoe: You don't sound very much like an adult, though.

As long as I sound truthful... Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by MyJoe: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
^^^ No, you don't sound truthful. You want to play word games about MENTION and all that. I don't want to play. At least, not now. Not sure I met you before, but whatever was driving you, I hope you have let it out and will thus find some peace.

7 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by italo: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
MyJoe: ^^^ No, you don't sound truthful. You want to play word games about MENTION and all that. I don't want to play. At least, not now. Not sure I met you before, but whatever was driving you, I hope you have let it out and will thus find some peace.

The OP wanted advice on which Church to attend and I tried to advise. You, on the other hand, never did anything of the sort, yet you say I am the one who wants to play games. From your last post it seems evident that you don't have anything relevant to add to this thread... If u must continue, why don't open another thread to discuss italo or go watch the paralympics.

6 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by MyJoe: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
It appears you needed a release. Anyhow, I have no desire to indulge you.

italo:
As long as I sound truthful...
A cussing machine - that's what you sound like. Find a sparring mate worthy of you.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by polosco(m): 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
Worship of God is first and foremost a heart thing, we worship God in the Spirit, the man if truly converted will find a good church that preaches the true word of God to attend, but as I led Him to Christ I'll advise him to attend the one I am attending as I can vouch for the truth of God's word that is preached there but if not in his locality he should look for a Bible believing one to attend. One that teaches something like this: http://mymorningdew.com/watch-and-pray/
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by 2864: 2:38am On Sep 06, 2012
italo:

Which church is that ?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by italo: 10:03am On Sep 06, 2012
2864:
Which church is that ?

Take a guess.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by OmoAlata(f): 10:10am On Sep 06, 2012
italo:

Take a guess.

We're done guessing. Just tell us or forever hold your peace grin

4 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by italo: 4:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
Omo Alata:

We're done guessing. Just tell us or forever hold your peace grin

I don't want to tell. At least not now. If you're so curious, ask Myjoe. He seems to me to be the only one among you that knows the identity of God's one true church.

3 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2012
What does being a convert mean?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Temismith(f): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
A very close study and constant of d bible.Say deeper life bible church or Redeemed christian church of God.

3 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by hannydarl(f): 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
None.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Osrachingy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
Church Of The Devil.... Trust me, he/she will get whateva maks her quit her previous church fast
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Exponental(m): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
Ur christainity level is not determined by d church u attend.
Choose a church that suites u.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Exponental: Ur christainity level is not determined by d church u attend.
Choose a church that suites u.
On point and spot on. I would prefer to embark on a self study program.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RCCG 2021 Holy Ghost Congress; The Siege Is Over! / TB Joshua Prophesied Colorado Cinema Shooting / Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.