Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? (17813 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Thereishel: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH! THIS CHURCH IS NOT MATERIALISTIC IN NATURE AND THEIR FOCUS IS HEAVEN.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
Church of Illuminating Lights
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by kariolality: 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
C.A.C

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by ujchief(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
EPOMA:
Roman catholic is not the holy catholic church mentioned in the bible and that is why the Romans had to differentiate it by adding the the roman
on point. And peter did not start the roman catholic church. Peter was an apostle of the jews while paul was an apostle of the gentiles. Thats why peter staid back at jerusalem, but paul traveled and established churches in the gentile regions: Ephesus, colosy, rome, macedonia, corinth etc and had to write the epistles (letters) to them periodicaly. These epistles made up most part of the today bible (books of ephisians, colosians, romans, corinthians etc).
Unfortunately, the people paul handed over the roman church for to take care of allowed the doctrines of the ancient roman idolatory to corupt the roman church, incorperating some roman idol customs into the church, such as acknowledgement of madona, the mother and child statue (a pagan godes of the sea), holy water, etc which are not biblical.
If peter found the roman catholic, its base would hav been in jerusalem, and it would hav answered the 'jerusalem catholic'.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Dejideta: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
I will recommend a church where:
-God is worshiped and not mammon.(money)
-The creator is worshipped and not the creature.
-The general overseer is a servant and not the boss.
-Spirituality is evident by righteousness and not material possession.
-Righteousness is celebrated and not sin.
-GOD'word is preached undiluted.

5 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by mu2sa2: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
Op said "new convert". What did d person convert to, since there ar uncountable strands of Christianity as evidenced by uncountable churches around, each claiming to be right and condemning d others.If d new convert is invited to one church and then to another, he would b confused by christianity. Would he rather not convert to d true religion?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by harmless011: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
Techwriter: It all depends on the leading of the Spirit and the individual. Some people will never go to Deeper Life because its not in line with their upbringing. They were brought up wearing trousers as a lady. They would find Christianity boring and quit. Others sence of decenc
y abhors women wearing trousers, even as an unbeliever she believes she is holier than all the trouser wearing ladies. She may not cope in all the women-trouser-wearing churches. Semi-literate people can cope in RCCG for instance where they have interpreyers but would be wasting his/her time in Chris Okotie church where even a literate man struggles to catch some words while others enjoy the way the trendy pastor weaves words.
So consider those factors and don't force the person to your church especially if you know he won't cope. I have had people come to our church and run away because they feel they are too different from this rich and well dressed guys. They feel intimidated and no amount of love could revive their self-confidence. So many other factors I can't mention here come into play. But PRAY and follow the Spirit

+1000000
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by hovic(m): 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
Dejideta: I will recommend a church where:
-God is worshiped and not mammon.(money)
-The creator is worshipped and not the creature.
-The general overseer is a servant and not the boss.
-Spirituality is evident by righteousness and not material possession.
-Righteousness is celebrated and not sin.
-GOD'word is preached undiluted.
On point!!!
Where God is glorified, where sin is disdian at, where the bible is been preach ( no minus, no plus ).
Why?
Because at the end, when i shall die it gonno be me and God, and not my pastor or rev and I.
I only attend one church where God is and not satan ( all member should give'em selfs a holy kiss..... What? In the church? ) glorified. Where i go with my sin and come out holy in and out. That's the church.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by EPOMA(m): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
Thereishel: DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH! THIS CHURCH IS NOT MATERIALISTIC IN NATURE AND THEIR FOCUS IS HEAVEN.
100% correct
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Funseeka(m): 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
Any church in Nigeria that the ownership can be traced to one man or a family is simply a business venture masquerading as a church. Their only aim is acquisition of power and wealth made possible by miracle seeking and gullible Nigerians. With an ear to the ground you shall hear the footsteps on an ant.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Lovine: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
Point of correction, no one can convert anybody it is the sole work of the Holy Spirit. You can only speak to someone about Christ and salvation, but the Holy Spirit does the conversion. Why there are many sinners in the churches today is because 90 percent of believers never came to Christ through the gospel (John3:3,5, Acts, 4:12, John1:12, Rom.1:16) but through healing, birthright, eg (I was born Catholic, Presbyterian, etc)through healing, deliverance, they dress well, they speak in tongues, their Pastor speak eloquently, dances and music in their church, they pray send back to sender, prosperity preaching,on and on. True believers are those people who met Christ through the gospel and were convinced of their sins on the bases that He died for their sins and wholeheartedly they accepted HIM with no stringed attached. Where can we find them? It is only in Christ not in churches or Fellowship centers. They put Jesus first in all they do and love their neighbors, though not members of their churches.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by owendei(m): 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
the ONE, HOLY, CATHOLIC n APOSTOLIC Church.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by lordspiritual(m): 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
tobezekiel:
@op- every person's destiny is tied to a particular church. so ask the holy spirit to direct u to whr urs is tied. . . u just dont go to any church
ERRROR....and i believe your overseer was once a pastor in another church?or he built his church as he was born

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
Deeper life bible church a church that believe in the totality of word of God. Not saying only deeper life is okay but can at least vouch for them.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
Solidbrodas Church of all Nations (SCN). This is where u should attend
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by joel123(m): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
If you are in Abuja Dunamis Church. Try and see
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by cosmatika(m): 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
italo:

The only church there is. The one that was founded by Jesus Christ with Peter as its head. The church that has maintained the doctrine and tradition as passed down from the apostles through an unbroken line of apostolic succession to the present day.

There is only one church founded by Jesus Christ. All those other shops are just businesses founded by men.
y didnt U mention d name of d Church? And then tell me wen Christ burned incense or prayed to virgin Mary or tld us abt one pulgatory undecided
italo:

The only church there is. The one that was founded by Jesus Christ with Peter as its head. The church that has maintained the doctrine and tradition as passed down from the apostles through an unbroken line of apostolic succession to the present day.

There is only one church founded by Jesus Christ. All those other shops are just businesses founded by men.
y didnt U mention d name of d Church? And then tell me wen Christ burned incense or prayed to virgin Mary or tld us abt one pulgatory or counted beads U ppl call rosary
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Techwriter,u sound like a carnal man,one dat do not have proper understandin of d scripture,if a Holiness Church is nt conducive 4 a new convert where else can he be fed-prosperity and mordern day church?@ITALO,he is referring to Church of Christ,let me tell u dat ur belief is erronous,stop condemning others,perharps,d church Christ died 4 is nt block and cement or one big name, D believers ar d CHURCH
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Ifetex(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
D chech i will tell him 2 go is AGC b'cus it teach and pratice d bible
bside she is d mum of all penticost
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by vislabraye(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
Thereishel: DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH! THIS CHURCH IS NOT MATERIALISTIC IN NATURE AND THEIR FOCUS IS HEAVEN.

You can only tell by outward appearance. The church is the people. But so far I can tell you that pastor Kumuyi is one of the few men of God without controversy or scandal.

The question is very crucial.From the beginning the church was one body. But trust human beings and their xteristics. Some man made doctrines were injected here and there (the church was pimped so to say). But by being mentored by a matured believer, the new convert would be able to discern what is right and wrong.
NB most of the good churches may not be perfect because we who form the church aren't.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by bknight: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
Daystar Christain Center.

Unbiased, Practical ways to live a fulfilling christain life. The Word + logical reasoning...for d pragmatist.

undecided
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Ukeme453: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
It is gud 2 alway worship God in spirit n in truth. Hw wil u do dis n Hw wil u knw d true chuch 2 worship God? God gave Jesus Christ all d power n tel us 2 listen 2 him.Heb1:1-2
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Ukeme453: 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jesus Christ purchase d church wit his blood, He founded d Church, He is d head of d church, He giv instruction on hw d church shd b.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
2864: Which Church will you advice a new convert to attend ? Celestial Church, Cherubim and Seraphim ? Christ Embassy ?...The Redeemed , Mountain Of Fire ? ..... AND WHY ?
Mountain of Fire.. Reason is because as a new convert, there are many yoke he/she will need to break from and it is only Mountain of Fire that can really assist in that aspect..
I kindly advise you to go to Mountain of Fire sharply..
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Ukeme453: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
Christ is d owner of d church, u shd attend, nt any human being. D church u shd attend shd hv it Hqt in heaven nt here on earth. Guess wot is d name of d church am talking abt!!!
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Ukeme453: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2012
My noble advice is 4 d person 2 attend bible studied church, d church own by Christ NOT human being. D church name after CHRIST not any person. Roman16:16- wil tel u d name of d CHURCH
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by SimplySEA(m): 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
ujchief:
on point. And peter did not start the roman catholic church. Peter was an apostle of the jews while paul was an apostle of the gentiles. Thats why peter staid back at jerusalem, but paul traveled and established churches in the gentile regions: Ephesus, colosy, rome, macedonia, corinth etc and had to write the epistles (letters) to them periodicaly. These epistles made up most part of the today bible (books of ephisians, colosians, romans, corinthians etc).
Unfortunately, the people paul handed over the roman church for to take care of allowed the doctrines of the ancient roman idolatory to corupt the roman church, incorperating some roman idol customs into the church, such as acknowledgement of madona, the mother and child statue (a pagan godes of the sea), holy water, etc which are not biblical.
If peter found the roman catholic, its base would hav been in jerusalem, and it would hav answered the 'jerusalem catholic'.
i'd ask u jus one question...
Under which rule, dominance or empire was jerusalem during d time of christ and d apostles.....? If u'd be sincere to yrself and answer it correctly or better yet, find out about it, u'd get many questions in yr head answered and u may understand why i don't go against principles (whether in xtainity or otherwise) dat hav stood through d test of time,and also distance.....! I am not a catholic!
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2012

amen to dat.

@op. apostolic faith is a good one too.

Prayer, Word and true fellowship is what every new convert needs. They give it there 98percent wink
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Ukeme453: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
Simply d name of d church is CHURCH OF CHRIST, own by Christ, d head Hqt is in heaven. D church is not really common in south west and north bt is common in south south and south east. That is whr raw gospel r taught n u ask question whr u dnt undastn. Jesus Loves u
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Chuksaluta(m): 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
Osrachingy: Church Of The Devil.... Trust me, he/she will get whateva maks her quit her previous church fast
Be careful of what you say, what have you gotten from the church of the devil?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by TerryCarr(m): 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by oluMyderz(m): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
muslim can neva ask diz type questn 4 sure....Worshipper of d cross wil alwyz gt confused! SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kukah Visits EFCC, Prays For FFK, Obanikoro, Reuben Abati / TB Joshua Prophesied Colorado Cinema Shooting / Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.