Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (341490 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
smiley smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fltbbj4ajyM

*repost*
later on today I am going to do this (bottom video) to my hair.
I plan on cornrowing the front tho. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph8F6vhLUB4
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
from the comments of the first video:

I will always support black women for who they are or whatever they decide to do but i can't lie and say i like fake hair because i don't. i have a 13 year old daughter i took all her fake hair out and comb her natural hair out and put the mirror in front of her and i said you see your a black queen and now she wears her real hair and the mother don't like it but i don't want her wearing fake hair

amen.
I don't even care to see permed black hair.
but everyone can do what they want with their own.

I just don't plan on perming any of my future childrens' hair
and am currently trying to convince my siblings not to do the same to my
nieces. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
I was bored and took some selfies grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 01, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Deltagal: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
I just joined the natural movement myself!! I'm sooo excited because the possibilities are endless. I did a lot of research and watched a lot of YouTube videos and then I cut of all my processed hair. And now I'M LEARNING TO LOVE MY AFRO!!!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Deltagal: 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
Meddler: I was bored and took some selfies grin grin
now that's how to rock natural hair -make up on point with dramatic earrings.I like it!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lovethyhair: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
hi fellow naturalistas. nice to see a thread like this celebrating our natural hair.I did the big chop in march and now I'm rocking a not so teeny weeny afro. I invite you to take a look at my blog- darkchildlovethyhair..com to find great tips on how to manage and grow your natural hair.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by AdaziMcqueen(f): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2013

Nice one lady..rock it!

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Deltagal:
now that's how to rock natural hair -make up on point with dramatic earrings.I like it!

Thank youuuuuu grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
there is serzly no way my hair will grow fast or even grow... and i thought this natural hair journey is meant to be fun or something
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
^ dammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn shocked
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby: there is serzly no way my hair will grow fast or even grow... and i thought this natural hair journey is meant to be fun or something

Patience is the name of the game when ur on a natural hair journey...if u take care of it properly, its gonna grow cuz thats what hair does. Just remember a watched pot never boils hun.
I began my transition in 2010..i got so impatient at times but three years later and i'm rocking some big old hair. Have fun along the way, rock styles for every part of ur journey til u get there.

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Purplebells: 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fresh September job vacancies.

Sales & marketing, engineering, medical, hospitality, banking etc. don't miss out.

Apply now:

Go to www.purplebells.com

Please share with friends
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 06, 2013
I have really missed this thread.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 10:42am On Sep 09, 2013
Cool!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
All these pictures are so beautiful, natural or rather afro hair is the most beautiful hair I have ever seen kiss kiss kiss

To the lady who adviced me, sorry for not replying, i was not in the right disposition to do so but thank you so much and I will try to be really patient and also to stop my hand-in-hair syndrome. grin grin

One question, how dangerous is biotin?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
You guys I literally just spent the last hour + preparing my hair. For my braid out which I am excited about. I hot oiled my hair with olive oil, then I washed it out, deep conditioned my hair and added the cantu shea butter to my hair. I then sectioned my hair and did single plaits , adding lusters s-curl styling gel to them and then sealed them with oil sheen....etc etc. I have a cap over my head which will keep in the oils as I let my hair dry....i have a feeling my hair is going to be rich with curls in the a.m. I cant wait to see the end result! cool
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
Deltagal: I just joined the natural movement myself!! I'm sooo excited because the possibilities are endless. I did a lot of research and watched a lot of YouTube videos and then I cut of all my processed hair. And now I'M LEARNING TO LOVE MY AFRO!!!

I have yet to rock an actual afro (brushed/picked out) but I have worn my hair in natural curls...as in I just washed my hair, put in shea butter and rocked the natural curls of my hair. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
onila:

Nice looks like she had a twist out smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
caribchic:

Patience is the name of the game when ur on a natural hair journey...if u take care of it properly, its gonna grow cuz thats what hair does. Just remember a watched pot never boils hun.
I began my transition in 2010..i got so impatient at times but three years later and i'm rocking some big old hair. Have fun along the way, rock styles for every part of ur journey til u get there.

That is so true. Patience is key!
Never compare your hair to another person's!

Everyones hair is different be it growth rate, texture, curl patterns etc. wink I had to learn and accept that myself.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 12, 2013

Gorgeous lady!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by DiyDose(f): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
I'm one year natural and I'm falling in love with my tresses everyday... cheesy

[img][/img]

Check out this tutorial on how to make a mickey mouse inspired tshirt from ankara here http://diydose.com/diy-mickey-mouse-t-shirt/

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yield:

Gorgeous lady!

thank u grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by deejay717(f): 12:59am On Sep 13, 2013
I've been natural almost 5 years now... And a lot of ladies disagree because I wear protective styles such as sewin/wigs and braids. All the women on the journey don't give up its a very beautiful thing. I went from a Rihanna kinda cut to 24 inches of my own grown hair. Its always fun to have a option.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 13, 2013
deejay717: I've been natural almost 5 years now... And a lot of ladies disagree because I wear protective styles such as sewin/wigs and braids. All the women on the journey don't give up its a very beautiful thing. I went from a Rihanna kinda cut to 24 inches of my own grown hair. Its always fun to have a option.

you can still be natural and wear hair extensions.
it's just about being chemical free (or as much as possible) when it comes to your real hair
and also to AVOID perms or relaxers of any kind.

but yes, sew ins are considered protective styles. smiley
i know this for sure because back in 2009 when i was still wearing
perms, for like 6 months straight i kept my hair braided or had a sew in
and by the 7th month, when i decided to let go of sew ins for good,
i saw that my hair had grown sooo much simply because i left it alone
and got hot oil treatments in between.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2013
*Kails*:
You guys I literally just spent the last hour + preparing my hair. For my braid out which I am excited about. I hot oiled my hair with olive oil, then I washed it out, deep conditioned my hair and added the cantu shea butter to my hair. I then sectioned my hair and did single plaits , adding lusters s-curl styling gel to them and then sealed them with oil sheen....etc etc. I have a cap over my head which will keep in the oils as I let my hair dry....i have a feeling my hair is going to be rich with curls in the a.m. I cant wait to see the end result! cool

I'm excited to see ure results. pics pleasssseee
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2013
*Kails*:

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/03/geniece-natural-hair-style-icon/
I can relate to her, I'm in my 6th year of being natural and I think I'm just getting the hang of it. I've given up shampoo for black soap and my hair is rewarding me for it.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by deejay717(f): 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Your hair is beautiful... I have to try the black soap I've heard of alot of positive feedback about it. What's some other things you added/ deleted from your regimen ?
Meddler:
I can relate to her, I'm in my 6th year of being natural and I think I'm just getting the hang of it. I've given up shampoo for black soap and my hair is rewarding me for it.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by deejay717(f): 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
Thanks girly soon I may too let go of my sew in being that everyone thinks my natural hair fits me the best and I don't disagree with them I just love the many things I can do with it that I'm far too chicken to do with my real hair.... Have you used castor oil? I want to try it...
*Kails*:

you can still be natural and wear hair extensions.
it's just about being chemical free (or as much as possible) when it comes to your real hair
and also to AVOID perms or relaxers of any kind.

but yes, sew ins are considered protective styles. smiley
i know this for sure because back in 2009 when i was still wearing
perms, for like 6 months straight i kept my hair braided or had a sew in
and by the 7th month, when i decided to let go of sew ins for good,
i saw that my hair had grown sooo much simply because i left it alone
and got hot oil treatments in between.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.