Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,744 members, 7,851,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (342341 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
deejay717: Your hair is beautiful... I have to try the black soap I've heard of alot of positive feedback about it. What's some other things you added/ deleted from your regimen ?

thank you. I use honey, coconut oil, Shea butter and VO5 for deep conditioning.

I've never being a fan of leave in conditioners but really thinking I shud add one to my regimen. I'm thinking a mix of aloe vera, water and oil.

For now I just use water as a moisturizer and seal with my Shea butter, castor oil and coconut oil mix.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Meddler:

thank you. I use honey, coconut oil, Shea butter and VO5 for deep conditioning.

I've never being a fan of leave in conditioners but really thinking I shud add one to my regimen. I'm thinking a mix of aloe vera, water and oil.

For now I just use water as a moisturizer and seal with my Shea butter, castor oil and coconut oil mix.

The aloe, water and oil mix is great, i used it before. My routine is really simple..i don't use a million products but my hair has thrived amazingly.
Cleanse: (No shampoo) once a week i use cleanse my scalp with ACV, i like to co-wash every other day so i use pantene co-wash cleanser (its amazing)
Rinse-out conditioner : Tresemme naturals or tresemme curl hydration
Leave-in : i leave some of the conditioner in my hair from washing..(days when i don't wash i just spritz some water)
Sealant: shea butter whipped with coconut oil
Deep condition: once a week i DC with ORS replenishing pak or just a mix of oils and honey.
Styling: World of curls pudding or flax seed gel i make

When i first started my journey i busted my pockets with the Carol's Daughter, Miss Jessie's, Mixed Chicks etc..now i've settled on something that's more accessible and effective, i'm just over 3 years natural.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by ijimah(m): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2013
my name's are ijimah daniel ehiremeh,am a hair beautician,am in all kind of fixing,bonding nd all it could be,but i need a good beauty sallon to factorise my fashionaties,call mne on 08124701713 or u can contact me on ijiehisdaniel@yahoo.com or on facebook ijimah daniel......
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
caribchic:

The aloe, water and oil mix is great, i used it before. My routine is really simple..i don't use a million products but my hair has thrived amazingly.
Cleanse: (No shampoo) once a week i use cleanse my scalp with ACV, i like to co-wash every other day so i use pantene co-wash cleanser (its amazing)
Rinse-out conditioner : Tresemme naturals or tresemme curl hydration
Leave-in : i leave some of the conditioner in my hair from washing..(days when i don't wash i just spritz some water)
Sealant: shea butter whipped with coconut oil
Deep condition: once a week i DC with ORS replenishing pak or just a mix of oils and honey.
Styling: World of curls pudding or flax seed gel i make

When i first started my journey i busted my pockets with the Carol's Daughter, Miss Jessie's, Mixed Chicks etc..now i've settled on something that's more accessible and effective, i'm just over 3 years natural.

I've heard so many things about cowashing, I'm just hesitant because I feel it would cause a lot of buildup. is that the case for you?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Actually i never get any buildup, i co-wash every other day with a cleansing conditioner . I think if you use a regular conditioner such as VO5 etc you would get some buildup because the cleansing agents in those are very minimal. But if you use a cleansing conditoner such as the pantene co-wash or As I AM coconut co-wash, you get the best of both worlds. After i use the cowash i apply some regular conditioner but i dont rinse it out all the way, i never put it on my scalp though only from mid-shaft to the ends i think that also prevent build up.
Also once a week or every other week I do an ACV rinse..its amazing for removing any residue and it makes my hair super shiny and frizz free.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima(f): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Kailis....a chick said she uses Jamaican Black Castor oil for her hair.

What do you think of the product? Her hair was lush and healrhy.

She said she went 2 years without a perm and her hair is pass her shoulders.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima(f): 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
caribchic: Actually i never get any buildup, i co-wash every other day with a cleansing conditioner . I think if you use a regular conditioner such as VO5 etc you would get some buildup because the cleansing agents in those are very minimal. But if you use a cleansing conditoner such as the pantene co-wash or As I AM coconut co-wash, you get the best of both worlds. After i use the cowash i apply some regular conditioner but i dont rinse it out all the way, i never put it on my scalp though only from mid-shaft to the ends i think that also prevent build up.
Also once a week or every other week I do an ACV rinse..its amazing for removing any residue and it makes my hair super shiny and frizz free.

Have you used Wen before?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yes, back in my product junkie days i used the sweet almond mint kit.
It was okay as a cleanser (did not remove cones and build up from my shea butter etc) but the conditioner was really good. However, it was a little container and my hair ate that ish up, i had to use so much of the product to properly cleanse my hair and condition it that it finished wayyy too fast. A one month supply prolly lasted only a couple of weeks for me.. I wash my hair every other day so Wen isn't the product for me.
Honestly i think its over-hyped, i get better results from the products i use now. You may get better results than i did though so you can try it if you have not before.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
I was looking through the Natural Nigerian website and I came across this picture. I don't know what to say...this is just very sad. shocked shocked cry cry

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
^ shocked*Blinks*....*faints*..........SHEETT !
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by patwhizkid(f): 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
^^ scary cry cry
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
ItsModella: I was looking through the Natural Nigerian website and I came across this picture. I don't know what to say...this is just very sad. shocked shocked cry cry

This pic only makes me hate weaves even more. She should've learned to take better care of her own hair!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima(f): 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
caribchic: Yes, back in my product junkie days i used the sweet almond mint kit.
It was okay as a cleanser (did not remove cones and build up from my shea butter etc) but the conditioner was really good. However, it was a little container and my hair ate that ish up, i had to use so much of the product to properly cleanse my hair and condition it that it finished wayyy too fast. A one month supply prolly lasted only a couple of weeks for me.. I wash my hair every other day so Wen isn't the product for me.
Honestly i think its over-hyped, i get better results from the products i use now. You may get better results than i did though so you can try it if you have not before.

Wen has other products I have used for moisturization because my hair is very thick and I use Pantene products as well.

Carol's daughter has nice products for thick hair.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Adamskuty(m): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
well my hair is quite soft and grows very fast,i can cut my hair for y'all ladies lacking good quality hair,watcha say?? It ain't for free though undecided

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 18, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Kailis....a chick said she uses Jamaican Black Castor oil for her hair.

What do you think of the product? Her hair was lush and healrhy.

She said she went 2 years without a perm and her hair is pass her shoulders.

Oh yeah! JBCO is the truth!!
that and the indian vatica hair oil.

they are both awesome and promote sheen as well as growth.

@topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcqGnhg889k

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 18, 2013
Adamskuty: well my hair is quite soft and grows very fast,i can cut my hair for y'all ladies lacking good quality hair,watcha say?? It ain't for free though undecided

SHUT UP THERE! angry grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 18, 2013
Black Kenichi:
This pic only makes me hate weaves even more. She should've learned to take better care of her own hair!

Amen! that's just sad.
rather than decide to just say 'fck it' and rock the bald look, she
decides to continue to do the very thing that ruined her hair in the first place.

in the video i just posted, the sister in the beginning ethered women like her in
the opening poem. it was beautiful! check it out! cool

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 18, 2013
deejay717: Thanks girly soon I may too let go of my sew in being that everyone thinks my natural hair fits me the best and I don't disagree with them I just love the many things I can do with it that I'm far too chicken to do with my real hair.... Have you used castor oil? I want to try it...

yes dear.
i have used the Jamaican black castor oil that chima was asking me about earlier.
it's really good stuff!! you should try it, you won't regret it. wink smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lovethyhair: 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
I've heard nothing but good things about the Jamaican black castor oil.Great reviews on You tube and many black hair blogs.I'm itching to get my hands on some.Its on my wish list along with argan oil.

www.darkchildlovethyhair..com
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Adamskuty(m): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
*Kails*:

SHUT UP THERE! angry grin
SHAAAARAP THERE undecided grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
Yield:

Luv this,I really do. Right now mine is in that third stage I wanna cut it back to the second, I miss that shorter hair.

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Shampy: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
I just had my big chop after transitioning for 6months my hair is not full and I need advice on wat to do wit it if I want to carry it lik that and how to add volume to it too. Thanks for ur help.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Yield:

caribchic: Luv this,I really do. Right now mine is in that third stage I wanna cut it back to the second, I miss that shorter hair.

WELL i did a "semi big chop" tongue two months ago as i like to call it where
you don't cut off all of your hair and start new but instead you grow your hair out
and then you cut off the permed bits so as of now im in between stages 1 & 2 smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
Shampy: I just had my big chop after transitioning for 6months my hair is not full and I need advice on wat to do wit it if I want to carry it lik that and how to add volume to it too. Thanks for ur help.

some women "cheat" and use hair coloring to make their hair appear thicker.
if you want to use that option, then dye your hair black. grin believe it or not, it works.

if not then you should do braid and twist outs.
with each braid or twist ou you do, make your plaits small-medium sized
and then spread them out more to give your curls a fuller look.

example:

medium sized braids
[img]http://2.bp..com/-6soW_wKSlwc/TcLaM3KO0jI/AAAAAAAABdI/BNO_2ad_7iw/s1600/braid+out+tutorial+5.png[/img]

once you take out the braids, just continue to unravel each one more (the curls)
until they are as you desire and your hair looks "bigger".
i hope i am making sense grin...anyway it will do the trick wink

(may hair is currently braided just like that pik... tongue)

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
lovethyhair: I've heard nothing but good things about the Jamaican black castor oil.Great reviews on You tube and many black hair blogs.I'm itching to get my hands on some.Its on my wish list along with argan oil.

www.darkchildlovethyhair..com

yeah. carrot oil is good too, have you ever tried using that? i think it's from the Hollywood brand.
anyway i love JBCO but i prefer vatika kiss
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
vatika

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxZMUrGOgW4

^i love this oil!! cool kiss

JBCO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onOvX9vYUvc

^^ i have been following her on YT for a minute.
she is more so for hair growth and maintenance
not so much natural.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Adamskuty: SHAAAARAP THERE undecided grin

make me. angry angry kiss
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
to each his/her own

but i don't understand the point of going natural
only to perm one's hair once it grows longer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDxRl3fX63E

some women do it to check the length but why not just
straighten it via hot comb or blow out?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Interesting..b4 i cut my hair it used to be off black but now the new growth is jet black undecided
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 12:02am On Sep 24, 2013
*Kails*:
vatika

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxZMUrGOgW4

^i love this oil!! cool kiss

JBCO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onOvX9vYUvc

^^ i have been following her on YT for a minute.
she is more so for hair growth and maintenance
not so much natural.
Cool vids but the chick on the second vid voice and accent is f*cking annoying!

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.