Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340822 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:51am On Nov 01, 2013
Where is MzDarkskin/Kails?? Why'd she delete both of her profiles? sad sad

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yield: Where is MzDarkskin/Kails?? Why'd she delete both of her profiles? sad sad

I was wondering the same..

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yield: Where is MzDarkskin/Kails?? Why'd she delete both of her profiles? sad sad

JallowBah:

I was wondering the same..

grin grin lipsrsealed

me three wink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Sanguine(f): 4:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Chokl8:

grin grin lipsrsealed

me three wink

Now I caught you! Chocl8 previously Msdarkskin... grin. Welcome back. cheesy.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sanguine:

Now I caught you! Chokl8 previously Msdarkskin... grin. Welcome back. cheesy.
Ohhhh!!

Chokl8:

grin grin lipsrsealed

me three wink
lol smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
Braidz: Hey, naturals can I get some advice on a really good conditioner that has no Shea butter ( I'm allergic) and won't tear my pocket. Thanks in advance.
Check out Qhemet Biologics' line; they do not use shea butter in their products at all. Mane-N-tail conditioners do not have shea butter in them either. HTH. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 03, 2013
Sanguine:

Now I caught you! Chocl8 previously Msdarkskin... grin. Welcome back. cheesy.

Lol yes! Yourself and miss yeild have figured it out. wink
I will be back from time to time to update the thread smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2013

try Cantu Shea Butter. I PROMISE you will love it!!! I guarantee it!
It's lightweight, smells good and once applied not only would it not clog your hair but it makes it much easier to comb through or style. smiley It's not in the least bit oily in fact once it is properly distributed in your hair you won't even notice it.

my coworker recommended it to me two/three months ago and I haven't looked back!! cool
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in is the truth. I have a 4Z natural hair (4C doesn't even begin to describe the kinkiness of my hair. LOL) and Cantu is the only product/leave-in that has allowed me to style my hair without much difficulty.

I hope to post some pictures of my hair when I get it out of my braids. I just turned 2 years natural...yay for me. I didn't think I would come this far considering my hair texture.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Livingfire(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
AdannayaBella:
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in is the truth. I have a 4Z natural hair (4C doesn't even begin to describe the kinkiness of my hair. LOL) and Cantu is the only product/leave-in that has allowed me to style my hair without much difficulty.

I hope to post some pictures of my hair when I get it out of my braids. I just turned 2 years natural...yay for me. I didn't think I would come this far considering my hair texture.
how much is it and where can i get it
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 10, 2013

Fantastic for clarifying.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Jbluv55(m): 6:34am On Nov 13, 2013
Good morning all. This is CARIBCHIC's Birthday/Birthweek Thread for those who care to know. Have a lovely day.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NappilyNigerian(f): 12:15am On Nov 16, 2013
Hi house, if you reside in Abuja or know anyone in Abuja, the owner of Lumo Naturals Salon has graciously given customers 5% of their services if you say Nappilynigeriangirl sent you.
The salon is based in Gwarimpa. Here's the full address.

Lumo Naturals Salon & Spa
Suite G8, Mbouty Plaza, behind Nanet Emirates Hotel, Marcus Garvey Str, 5th Ave, Gwarimpa, Abuja.
To book an appointment,
Email: lumonaturals@gmail.com
Phone: +234 7032122173

In addition to caring for hair the right way, they also stock some of the products I listed earlier.

Please make use of the discount while it lasts and it's especially good for kids so you can start grooming their hair the right way early.

In addition to the 5% discount, there is a 20% discount on all spa services on the 30th of November with free goodie bags and mocktails!
Why not use this opportunity to spoil yourself!
Massages, manicures, facials, wine anyone?!

Do share!
For more details, go to www.lumonaturals..com
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
Back of head. Yarn braids. I did them myself. (Pls, don't quote pics, I might later delete).

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
^nice. I am looking to do mine for xmas.

It has taken me so long but i have managed to finally get in in the product wagon. I haven't really used products on my hair especially the cantu shea butter mzdark recommended but finally... grin

I only received them 2 days ago and I have only tried the elasta shampoo. It's really nice, defines your curls when on but causes major shrinkage and also frizzes as it dries.

Probably if used with the castor oil or shea butter, it won't have frizzed.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
Yield: Yarn braids. I did them myself. (Pls, don't quote pics, I might later delete). I did them about a month and a half ago. Next weekend, I'm going to do yarn wraps.

Nice ! I was going to do yarn braids but i was put off undecided...

Its not shiny,
I didnt know how much yarn i would need
yarn sucks moisture out of the natural hair
Its heavy?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
shout out to Elasta QP tongue
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
lepasharon:

Nice ! I was going to do yarn braids but i was put off undecided...
LOL, don't be! smiley

lepasharon: Its not shiny
This's actually one of the things I love about them. I don't like the look of shiny braids.

lepasharon: I didnt know how much yarn i would need
I used about two. But I didn't use the regular, small-sized yarn, but the huge ones that make up about 3 regular-sized yarns. I bought two of those. Also, I did them long and I doubled each piece. So it really depends on the type of yarn you buy, whether you double or triple and the length. I have used the regular, small-sized yarn and used about 5 of them. How much yarn you use also depends on the size of the partings you make. I like my braids to look full and not scanty.

lepasharon:
yarn sucks moisture out of the natural hair
No, it does not. Unlike regular single braids, with yarn braids moisture penetrates much better. When I took them out, my hair was very moisturized. In the past, I always had issues with regular braids and hair dryness, but I've never had that problem with yarn braids, which's another reason why I love doing them. smiley

lepasharon: Its heavy?
No, not at all. They were full on my head, but they didn't feel heavy at all. I felt no pain and had no problems sleeping, lol. Yarn is actually very light. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
Best clarifying shampoo ever. Does not strip my hair at all. It has become one of my staples, along with acv.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Yield:
LOL, don't be! smiley

This's actually one of the things I love about them. I don't like the look of shiny braids.

I used about two. But I didn't use the regular, small-sized yarn, but the huge ones that make up about 3 regular-sized yarns. I bought two of those. Also, I did them long and I doubled each piece. So it really depends on the type of yarn you buy, whether you double or triple and the length. I have used the regular, small-sized yarn and used about 5 of them. How much yarn you use also depends on the size of the partings you make. I like my braids to look full and not scanty.

No, it does not. Unlike regular single braids, with yarn braids moisture penetrates much better. When I took them out, my hair was very moisturized. In the past, I always had issues with regular braids and hair dryness, but I've never had that problem with yarn braids, which's another reason why I love doing them. :

No, not at all. They were full on my head, but they didn't feel heavy at all. I felt no pain and had no problems sleeping, lol. Yarn is actually very light. smiley

Thanks for clarifying I want to consider it but what was the name of yarn you used ? and you doubled it using just two strands right? it looks that full nd did you tie or burn the ends?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 18, 2013
The yarn you need is 100% acrylic yarn. There're different brands, you can use any brand; just make sure "100% acrylic" is written on it. 100% acrylic yarn is the best type of yarn to use because it won't dry out natural hair.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by caramel13: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2013
Please where can I get good quality natural henna and indigo to dye my hair?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by beautifulynappy(f): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
^^lol please excuse the song she chose for the video. grin

explicit lyrics.

@TOPIC:

[img]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing%3F.out%3Djpg%26size%3Dl%26tid%3D25740620[/img]

Oh my goodness! Is there a tutorial on how to do this? This is super sexy! I have a natural hair blog for 4C hair especially! I am all about promoting our kinky sexy hair!! check out my blog and leave comments and feedback! Its new soo I really want to know what everyone thinks!
www.beautifullynappy.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by beautifulynappy(f): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
As you all know I am starting my natural hair journey (it's been a month since I last had a perm cheesy) and already seeing my natural new growth.

So I am creating this thread to celebrate the uniqueness and beauty of e1b1a type African hair. It's one of a kind, versatile and the strongest of the bunch. kiss I can't wait to get back to the old me. kiss kiss

Hopefully this thread will inspire some more ladies to keep it real! Keep it kinky! Keep it natural! cheesy

Feel free to post your own favorite dos and/or videos.

Love what you are doing! I just started a natural blog for 4C/Kinky curly hair! I am looking for people to comment and give me feedback! I have been natural for a while but just discovered the joy of caring for natural hair cheesy Please give it a look and let me know what you think!! Very excited about a forum for me to post beautiful hair styles I have seen! Anyway this is my blog www.beautifullynappy.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by GetGuide: 11:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
what of those wit little hair?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 20, 2013
^Are you newly natural? Are you at the twa stage? How long is your hair?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by stefikal(f): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2013
I'm natural, bin sporting it since 09, my hair is soft n pple apriciate it, i dnt knw aw 2 post a pic here bt u cn view my profile n culd sumone coach me on how to insert a pix,i'm using my fone to browse tho
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by fexichi(f): 8:10am On Nov 20, 2013
stefikal: I'm natural, bin sporting it since 09, my hair is soft n pple apriciate it, i dnt knw aw 2 post a pic here bt u cn view my profile n culd sumone coach me on how to insert a pix,i'm using my fone to browse tho
I have been transitioning for 18 months now. i dont have a regimen as its hard for me to get good products . please what products do you recommend? my hair is thick and not very easy to tame. I do need your help. thanks!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by stefikal(f): 8:15am On Nov 20, 2013
fexichi:
I have been transitioning for 18 months now. i dont have a regimen as its hard for me to get good products . please what products do you recommend? my hair is thick and not very easy to tame. I do need your help. thanks!

hmmmm...I'm d wrong persn 2 answer dt questn, tho i use natural shea butter bt i gez I'm just lucky with d hair, d challenge i have now is dt d back side of my hair has gone short and is totally embarrassing...i equally need sb 2 tutor me on how to care for the hair
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by stefikal(f): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2013
I discovered how to upload oooo

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
fexichi:
Personally, I never transitioned so I didn't experience dealing with two textures. I know some people who transition do protective styles. I believe Kails/MzD/Chokl8 is transitioning; she would probably be the best to advice you, but she has disappeared again cry cry. With transitioning, you want to make sure your hair isn't breaking off at the line of demarcation (this's where your natural and relaxed hair meets). Keep on top of your deep conditioning game to help keep your strong. Keep your hair moisturized. I do know some naturals who transitioned for a year and their natural hair thrived wonderfully, so it can be done. Maybe others here who have transitioned can share their experiences or when I get to my laptop later (using my phone right now) I will do some searches for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.