Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340406 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
stefikal: Ok pals, so
yesterday I was browsing on the internet and I found the pic of a young
gal with natural african hair in twists.
Out of joblessness and curiousity, I decided to give it a shot and me
likey the outcome.. I didn't even do anything creative with it, simply
twisted and parked the rest of my hair into a bun.

I went to the market this evening and some ladies were staring so hard I
thought my skull would melt under their stares.

Check it outsmileycheesycheesysmiley
I so likegrin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by stefikal(f): 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I so likegrin

smiley tnks gringrin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lechiffre: 7:16am On Dec 04, 2013
As you all know I am starting my natural hair journey (it's been a month since I last had a perm cheesy) and already seeing my natural new growth.

So I am creating this thread to celebrate the uniqueness and beauty of e1b1a type African hair. It's one of a kind, versatile and the strongest of the bunch. kiss I can't wait to get back to the old me. kiss kiss

Hopefully this thread will inspire some more ladies to keep it real! Keep it kinky! Keep it natural! cheesy

Feel free to post your own favorite dos and/or videos.

NESS
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Candice009: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2013
stylish hair style.I think

this style complements natural hair so

well and it is a timeless classic.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by napa: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pls has anybody used Jane carter solution products. your reviews will be appreciated.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
This was about two years ago. Did those myself. I do my braids much bigger now.
No quoting, pls.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 05, 2013
Yield: This was about two years ago. Did those myself. I do my braids much bigger now.
No quoting, pls.
Quote me pls.
Fixed! grin Why upload a pix with your face covered?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 05, 2013
^LOOL. Id, because the back of my head shows my handiwork a lot better. tongue tongue
-Besides, what do you need to see my face for? smiley

What are you doing in this thread anyway? This is not Religion. tongue
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Yield: ^LOOL. Id, because the back of my head shows my handiwork a lot better. tongue tongue

What are you doing in this thread anyway? This is not Religion. tongue
Erm, are you driving me away?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 05, 2013
idnoble135:
Erm, are you driving me away?
Not at all, I was kidding. Stay. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 05, 2013
Yield:
Not at all, I was kidding. Stay. smiley
You think I'd even budge before? tongue
Yield:
The correct question is, why shouldn't i see your face?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 05, 2013
idnoble135:
You think I'd even budge before? tongue
Ehn ehn, so you're this troublesome, huh? I thought you were a gentle guy. =p

idnoble135: The correct question is, why shouldn't i see your face?
I beg to differ, the question is, why should you? smiley

If I post my picture here, I'mma delete it in 5 secs, so you gotta be around to see it, otherwise, poof!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 05, 2013
Yield:
Ehn ehn, so you're this troublesome, huh? I thought you were a gentle guy. =p
Lols! I was..... And i still am. How will you make that conclusion based on a single post?
Yield:
I beg to differ, the question is, why should you?
If I post my picture here, I'mma delete it in 5 secs, so you gotta be around to see it, otherwise, poof!
Yes ma'am!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 05, 2013
It's going to take her forever?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 05, 2013
^Why're you so impatient?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 05, 2013
K
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 05, 2013
ain't impatient. Lol, thought you slept off with your device still online?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 05, 2013
napa: Pls has anybody used Jane carter solution products. your reviews will be appreciated.
Never heard of them, sorry. More info pls. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 05, 2013
Erm, did I miss any show? grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 05, 2013
AdannayaBella: Erm, did I miss any show? grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 05, 2013
AdannayaBella: Erm, did I miss any show? grin
No, you didn't miss any show.

idnoble135: Ask Yield. wink
Ask me what? undecided
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 05, 2013
^
Was kidding.
Hope i ain't derailing the thread?
P. S
Can you pls reply my mail?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by bomolu: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2013
The Naural hair Uprising. The full gist is on www.africanmag.com

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
OMG!!!!!!!!! am cutting my hair on saturday 7th, am excited and a tad bit nervous like wow
Am having the big chop. I do have healthy retouched hair, below bra line length, but impulsively decided to go natural grin.........cos I fell in love with it! cheesy

those who had the big chop ( I have been saying "the big chop" for 3 weeks now cheesy )...were you also nervous.....plsssssssssssssssssss reply smiley

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
metamorphus11: OMG!!!!!!!!! am cutting my hair on saturday 7th, am excited and a tad bit nervous like wow
Am having the big chop. I do have healthy retouched hair, below bra line length, but impulsively decided to go natural grin.........cos I fell in love with it! cheesy

those who had the big chop ( I have been saying "the big chop" for 3 weeks now cheesy )...were you also nervous.....plsssssssssssssssssss reply smiley

Yay! My own big chop was 6 years ago! I wasn't nervous. I was so tired of going to the salon to get my hair relaxed, only for it to look like I hadn't relaxed in three months, one week later. My hair just never responded well to the relaxer. I was also eager to start sporting my natural hair, so for me, I was filled with excitement. I got a pair of scissors and cut it myself, then went to get it reshaped. It was so liberating. Enjoy it; it only lasts for a short while. It's much easier to play with products when you've just done the BC and have a twa. TWAs are so much fun too; I miss it. Rock that twa!

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
cheesy ok, you just made my day!!!!!!! cant wait
will post a pic.and oh I went natural hair product shopping on monday I was beyond excited cheesy
Thanks
Yield:

Yay! My own big chop was 6 years ago! I wasn't nervous. I was so tired of going to the salon to get my hair relaxed, only for it to look like I hadn't relaxed in three months, one week later. My hair just never responded well to the relaxer. I was also eager to start sporting my natural hair, so for me, I was filled with excitement. I got a pair of scissors and cut it myself, then went to get it reshaped. It was so liberating. Enjoy it; it only lasts for a short while. It's much easier to play with products when you've just done the BC and have a twa. TWAs are so much fun too; I miss it. Rock that twa!

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
metamorphus11: cheesy ok, you just made my day!!!!!!! cant wait
will post a pic.and oh I went natural hair product shopping on monday I was beyond excited cheesy
Thanks
I'm excited for you!! grin. Natural hair product shopping, woot woot!! grin

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
metamorphus11: OMG!!!!!!!!! am cutting my hair on saturday 7th, am excited and a tad bit nervous like wow

I transitioned for 8 months before doing the big chop. One day, I got so tired and frustrated from dealing with two different textures so I told my sister to cut all the relaxed ends off. It took a week for me as well as my friends and family to get used to my new look but hey, I felt free. lol!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2013

Lol, I hesitated for like 2months before I took the bold step. My aunt laughed when I told her I was going to cut it all off, but asked if I was sure when she realised I was serious. Can't wait to see you....
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by golibzhair: 4:11am On Dec 07, 2013
Well as for me .>> Can't even think of cutting my hair .. still loving my fixing ..

If you are interested in buying 100% human hair you can reach me on 08184186026 wink...

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by beautifulynappy(f): 9:35am On Dec 07, 2013
hey everyone for tips on caring for your lovely natural hair! Check out my blog, its a work in progress but I have gotten to help lots of people and learn from them as well so have a look at: www.beautifullynappy. for natural hair care tips smiley. I have really loved the threads on this about big chops, if you have just done a big chop this blog would be useful for you too smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.