Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340774 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: eyebrows? How? We used castor oil to clean our bugged stamachs here
They can help grow eyebrows when used at night. You can use your fingers or a Qtip to put a lil' on your eyebrows. They're good for eyelash growth too. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
Yield:
They can help grow eyebrows when used at night. You can use your fingers or a Qtip to put a lil' on your eyebrows. They're good for eyelash growth too. smiley

wow, its nomore going down my throat. Thanks for the tips, m struggling with my eyelashes.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: wow, its nomore going down my throat. Thanks for the tips, m struggling with my eyelashes.
Aww, lol. Try it, HbG, I hope it works for you! You can use a Qtip to apply it on your eyelashes or a mascara brush (make sure the mascara is washed off and has no mascara on it) or you can just buy an unused one at a beauty supply store. Coat the brush with the oil and use it the same way you would put mascara on your lashes.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Yield:
Aww, lol. Try it, HbG, I hope it works for you! You can use a Qtip to apply it on your eyelashes or a mascara brush (make sure the mascara is washed off and has no mascara on it) or you can just buy an unused one at a beauty supply store. Coat the brush with the oil and use it the same way you would put mascara on your lashes.
Thank you, tonight is the night.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by nudesigntech: 1:28am On Jan 08, 2014
Does natural eyelashes grower really work especially for black hair? I wonder if anyone has tried it before. I found it here http://www.naturalhairoil.co.uk/eyelashes/eyelash-grower. Any idea pls
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by valerie25(f): 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: *crossed fingers* smiley goodluck sis
tnx embarassed
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by valerie25(f): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Tnx 2 kandii,I just saw dis thread n I hv read frm page 1 to 21,I feel so motivated to go natural,tnx y'all. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
Yield:
Didn't really have good experience with cantu shea butter hair products. I used their moisturizer two years ago and it was aiit. It took a while for it to absorb into my hair. I also found that using it alone didn't really moisturize my hair, so I had to seal with an oil. I've also used their twisting gel and it was terrible! angry angry. I was looking for something to help keep my two-strand twists more defined and less frizzy and bought it. I was highly disappointed 'cuz it left little white stuff in my hair. It would not absorb into my hair at all and I only used a little. Thankfully I had only used it on one twist and just washed out that part. I tossed it in the garbage thereafter, rubbish. angry

I don't really like castor oil on my hair; too thick. I use it for my eyebrows though. I'm going to check out that site, tnx.

Kandii, did you finally do yarn braids for Christmas, like you said? Are you going to post a pic? smiley

Hurray!!! Good luck to you!!

I couldn't do it during the christmas period because I was ill but I had bought the yarns. Just finding a weekend I am not doing anything to do it. I am also going to buy marley hair just incase I mess the yarn brains up. If I do 2 or 3 strands and it's just not working, I will just do havana twists.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hair
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Empressgifted(f): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
Glad 2 be back.
Natural ladies rock!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
My avocado deep conditioning mix smileyvery affordable and its organic

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tandj: 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lepasharon, pls what is the gadget u r using to mix the avocado.
Like how much is it in d market now?
Thanks.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
tandj: Lepasharon, pls what is the gadget u r using to mix the avocado.
Like how much is it in d market now?
Thanks.

It's a hand mixer. Are u in Naija? I got it for £6
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by pkg4eva05: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hey ladies, there's a page(@kinikinks) on instagram that is for nigerians with natural hair. Is anybody on here following them? They give tips on hair care and post really nice hairstyles for natural hair. I've been featured there and i think they are pretty cool.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Sissie(f): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
Coconut, almond, mustard, sesame, olive, castor, jojoba, black seed glycerin are available for sale.
Braggs apple cider vinegar with the mother, Organic ACV.
Jamaican black castor oil.

Shea and cocoa butter

Essential oils.
Carrot, lemon, Jasmine, rose, aloe, fennel, gum myrrh, frankincense, saffron, onion, garlic, clove oil email. ETC.

100% pure argan oil.
Snake oil (for Indian oiling method or hot oiling method)
Email Sissienatural@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by starcelebrityso(f): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2014
Keep your hair always natural. Thant is better for your life...

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 19, 2014
Most of these hairs ar nt natural hairs. Wat's the point using permed hair or even weavon and attachment pictures 2 talk abt natural hairs, I expected 2 see only natural hairs all through the thread

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Empressgifted(f): 9:44am On Jul 19, 2014
getafe: Most of these hairs ar nt natural hairs. Wat's the point using permed hair or even weavon and attachment pictures 2 talk abt natural hairs, I expected 2 see only natural hairs all through the thread
Live by example, ya post yours let us seewink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by miyalian(f): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2014
let's all support natural hair smiley

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by anathemiamia(f): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
This page was going so well before it got NL went down.
Just to keep the thread active.

I'm currently transitioning. 4 months and 1 week. I want to BC so bad but i hate short hair and I've decided to wait till my hair gets to 7 inches before i BC
Had some edge damage cos my stylist bonded my hair and 1 week after taking the weaves out and wearing wigs, the edge seems to be growing.

i have some pictures i might post later but for those who are in the early stages, i'll like to hear your story too.

what i do to my hair; co-washed 2 times in the last seven days (helps the dandruff itch). My hair oil is a mixture of shea butter, alma oil, mustard oil, olive oil, coconut oil and weed. I also use Olive oil Breakage control (not sure of the name, i'll check later)

I have a little over 2 inches of natural hair growth

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Rute(f): 6:22am On Jul 23, 2014
I last put relaxer first week of April I'm also itching to big chop but I don't like short hair will juss be putin cornrows till it grows
I'm still learning about all the products of natural hair will see which one agrees with my hair

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
My natural hair

10 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
My hair has been falling out ooo cry like finger through hair falling out, pull slightly and it comes off. cry
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tranxo(m): 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
There is a type of confidence that oozes out from a lady adorning her God-given natural hair. Especially when it's low cut with little curls. It's simply awesome!

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by anathemiamia(f): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2014
kandiikane: My hair has been falling out ooo cry like finger through hair falling out, pull slightly and it comes off. cry

that's scary. Right now, i'm taking cod liver oil cos my nails split in 2 from the middle. Hair and nails need the same vitamins. i think you should think about it or ask a doctor and watch the products you use especially if there's a new addition

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
anathemiamia:

that's scary. Right now, i'm taking cod liver oil cos my nails split in 2 from the middle. Hair and nails need the same vitamins. i think you should think about it or ask a doctor and watch the products you use especially if there's a new addition

I don't use products that much tbh. Been using the same stuff castor oil and my carrot and olive cream. I think there is more to it because I have been losing weight too. Yeah I will book an appointment with my Doctor because now that I am finally growing my hair I develop "alopecia" undecided
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tandj: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2014
MrsSiena, I'm so loving u kiss
U look great.
How is d new baby and family?

Hello all.
My hair is growing with speed. I don't actually do anything special to it.
5months now.
So dark but very strong. Combing is now wahala.
So pls what will I use to soften it.
Even when relaxing, my hair used to be very strong.
Any idea people? Thanks o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.