Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340762 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
beautifulynappy:

Hello, regular scissors are fine to trim your hair, or perhaps your friend didnt do it properly. Except you are a using a denman brush I would say its your brush, natural hair shouldnt be brushed. Its safer to use a wide tooth comb to prevent split ends and breakage. smiley

I only use a wide tooth comb. I have never used a brush nor a styling comb.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by AceMiss: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hello house,I started my "natural" journey some months back and am loving it(its my first time of keeping my hair natural,in my adulthood). I was hoping you guys could help me with products that can make my hair curly(mine is looking too kinky),I want a soft curly look. Please help out. Picture of me when I just started.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by irenebarbie(f): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2015
all lovely
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
irenebarbie:
all lovely
upload yours smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
irenebarbie:
all lovely

is the hair on your profile pix all yours? Dont answer again. Jealousy might kill me
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 11, 2015
My hair

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nikky04(f): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2015
Hello All,

Very nice thread. I was following it for a while and lost track of it. I have been natural for about 4 years now and it is nice to meet others who are serious about their natural hair. A good job is being done here. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by mulanbaba: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
hello ladies

i have been reading this thread since its inception and it really helped me in starting my natural hair journey. i have a four year old daughter whom i used to relax, SMH but i had no idea how to do natural hair at all. before i came to this thread i didnt know that one can keep the hair natural because i have a tender head so keeping natural hair was not an option for me cos my head will be sore just combing relaxed hair .

my daughters hair was damaged because of the relaxer and lack of proper care and i was frastrated so i kept cutting it short. so in 2013 december i started on the healthy hair journey for her and this are the before and after pics.

Thank you ladies, had i not come across this thread i would still be ingorant and frastrated with her hair

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by mulanbaba: 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
first pic is now and second pic is the damaged and breaking hair before

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 12, 2015
MrsOJ:
My hair
Very cute, MsOJ!

Nikky04:
Hello All,

Very nice thread. I was following it for a while and lost track of it. I have been natural for about 4 years now and it is nice to meet others who are serious about their natural hair. A good job is being done here. Keep it up.
Welcome aboard. smiley

mulanbaba:
first pic is now and second pic is the damaged and breaking hair before
Tbh, the hair in the second picture still looks damaged.

Is she fully natural now? Do you straighten her hair somehow?

It looks like it needs to be trimmed, deep conditioned and moisturized. Her edges are breaking off too.

How do you take care of it and what products do you use? Just asking so I can help. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 12, 2015
Thanks Yield!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by mulanbaba: 10:46am On Mar 12, 2015
@yields
No i never used heat after we started the natural hair journey, its her hair colour and i had just washed it and air dried it without products there. Her hair is kind if dull but i cant colour it since she is still young so yeah it looks like that. And i had just trimmed it there. Is there a remedy for dull hair?
And yes i have always had issues with her edges, i mostlt african plait her hair so i think it was pulling her edges. I now am just doing the mini twists on her to recover her edges. So any advice will be appreciated cos am still learning as i go
Here is anada pic of her hair that same day

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by mulanbaba: 11:36am On Mar 12, 2015
This is my hair. I completely shaved everything from my head when i started my daughters hair journey so dat i can practice on my head as well. So this hair is 1year exact. 1st pic its slightly streched and in first pic its still damp. So you see my daughers hair is similar to mine without products? Her hair was also slighly damp in both photos

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nikky04(f): 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
Yields:

Welcome aboard. smiley

Thanks a lot. I will be frequenting this place often from. I am trying to grow my hair to waist length at the end of this year, cos I am trying to prove to a friend that it is possible to grow waist length natural hair (We have a bet). So I am on an extreme low manipulation hair growth journey mostly braids. My hair is 3c, low porosity and is very fine.
Below are some of my pix.

I hope the pix comes out well

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
Nikky04:

Thanks a lot. I will be frequenting this place often from. I am trying to grow my hair to waist length at the end of this year, cos I am trying to prove to a friend that it is possible to grow waist length natural hair (We have a bet). So I am on an extreme low manipulation hair growth journey mostly braids. My hair is 3c, low porosity and is very fine.

Nice hair u have

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
mulanbaba:
@yields
No i never used heat after we started the natural hair journey, its her hair colour and i had just washed it and air dried it without products there. Her hair is kind if dull but i cant colour it since she is still young so yeah it looks like that. And i had just trimmed it there. Is there a remedy for dull hair?
And yes i have always had issues with her edges, i mostlt african plait her hair so i think it was pulling her edges. I now am just doing the mini twists on her to recover her edges. So any advice will be appreciated cos am still learning as i go
Here is anada pic of her hair that same day
Aww, look at her little head smiley. Her hair looks like a 4c, 4c typically naturally looks like that. You can't change it. There's nothing wrong with it.

You can use the LCO (liquid-creadm-oil) method to add shine, making it "appear" less dull:
-liquid -start with wet hair
-cream hair -use a cream that's water-based, meaning 1st ingredient must be water
-oil hair -add oil; I will suggest olive oil

The LCO method is also a great way to keep moisture in her hair and prevent dryness.

"Her hair is kind if dull but i cant colour it since she is still young"
-Colouring her hair won't make it less dull. Please accept her hair the way it is and stop saying it's dull (I hope you're not telling her that). That's just her hair type and it's perfectly fine as it is.

Which mini twists do you do? 2-strand twists are a perfect, low-manipulation style that can help retain length. You can do the LCO method above and then 2-strand twist a section of her hair at a time. Let her wear it for a week, then take down; if she can wear it for 2-weeks that would be even better. Wash, deep condition, LCO and re-twist. This will also allow her edges to rest because you're not pulling or causing any strain on it. The best way to grow edges is to leave them alone. If you do this her hair will be healthier and longer.

mulanbaba:
This is my hair. I completely shaved everything from my head when i started my daughters hair journey so dat i can practice on my head as well. So this hair is 1year exact. 1st pic its slightly streched and in first pic its still damp. So you see my daughers hair is similar to mine without products? Her hair was also slighly damp in both photos
Yeah, you have similar textures, though her hair is stretched out in the pictures and yours isn't.
Your hair looks like 4c too but yours looks moisturized. smiley

Nikky04:

They came out beautifully. I <3 it!! You go, girl.

Do you win anything with this bet?

Wow, you joined NL in '06, but you've rarely posted. shocked

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nikky04(f): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
MrsOJ:

Nice hair u have

Thank you!

Yields:

They came out beautifully. I <3 it!! You go, girl.

Do you win anything with this bet?

Wow, you joined NL in '06, but you've rarely posted. shocked

Thanks!!!! the waist length bet is for December 2015, so I still have about 9 months to go.

Loool, though I joined '06 but I am more of an avid reader and information digester, I rarely post but hopefully that would change.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by oluafam: 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
@nikky04, I'm soooo loving ur hair.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by mulanbaba: 10:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
thank you yields i will do the steps you mentioned and see if her hair changes. i never leave her hair out. i normally wash it on friday and deap condition it, then air dry and african plait it until sunday to strech it for proper plaiting. i normally leave her hair in plaits for two weeks.

No i never say anything bad about her hair infact i always call it pretty. she even has a black barbie and other ethnic haired dolls.

she loves her hair in two strand twists because she can touch it and is always shaking it. i was thinking of leaving the twists for six weeks and then do mini braids with her hair because i read that it can be washed and with her hair almost sandy every week i like washing it.

she has a low density hair while i have very high density and low porosity hair.
thank you so much for the advices cos i always wonder why her hair never looked moisturised while mine does and yes i use the same products on her
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Sharoniah(f): 8:10am On Mar 15, 2015
my old picture,about 5months ago

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by suptol(m): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
grin cheesy I love what am seeing
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 10:03am On Mar 17, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by onila(f): 12:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by olasoji1: 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
The Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria Contest: Registration and Audition

Read more here====>> http://ayomis..com/2015/03/the-most-beautiful-model-in-nigeria.html

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
onila:
I want my hair to be as long as this.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
onila:
wow, long hair. she's fine too (natural)
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by LoveAmaka88(f): 2:57am On Mar 18, 2015
Aloe Vera Juice and Jojoba Oil are my new best hair products
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by PurpleBearyPR: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2015
Buy real twitter followers, you can order from 1k to 100k for as cheap as a shock to u... Your password won't be required... Add up on bbm or holla lets talk 556ED73A. Pls strictly Biz. Kindly re-bc. Thanks
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by pearlyn(f): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
Please how can i get my hair to be very long?right now its not even reaching my shoulders.....it used to be long(like shoulder length) but when i wanted to go natural,i trimmed d tips...but i cldnt continue wt d natural-hair journey,cos i av too much pains when making d hair.ad to relax it again
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JudithsFL: 1:11am On Mar 21, 2015
My Natural Hair Channel & AD

https://www.youtube.com/user/4Judith1

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.