Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,504 members, 7,861,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:26 PM

Selfish People Cannot Serve. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Selfish People Cannot Serve. (477 Views)

Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Selfish People Cannot Serve. by Goshen360(m): 1:25am On Sep 04, 2012
He (Jesus) riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. John 13:4

So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? John 13:12

Yes, selfish people CANNOT serve their generation, their nation/country, their spouse etc. What are your priorities in life? To serve or to be served?
Re: Selfish People Cannot Serve. by tpia5: 4:42am On Sep 04, 2012
So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? John 13:12

answer the question first, then proceed from there.

it would help if you also quoted the verse where Jesus explained why he did it.

the key point was not so people could feel holier-than-thou and start attacking others, but for all of them to serve each other.

feel free to disagree.
Re: Selfish People Cannot Serve. by Affiliated(m): 3:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes, selfish people CANNOT serve their generation, their nation/country, their spouse etc. What are your priorities in life? To serve or to be served?

To buy private jets.

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To All Firstborns!!!!! / INSPIRATIONAL: Show Mercy To Others / INSPIRATIONAL: Watch What You Say!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.