Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Getting Married Without A Job - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married Without A Job (18855 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married Without A Job by bigmaut: 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

so if it takes 10 yrs, she can sit back n do nothing for 10 yrs? come on, be realistic..... she doesn't have to be in a 9-5 to make income. there are plenty of stuff she can be doing by the side to make ends meet!

wait for 5 yrs to get a job? na chevron job? no wonder the average nigerian marriage is hubris these days. why wait 5 yrs to get a N50,000 per month job? this is nigeria we are talking about with no job security - let her go into business and make income instead of waiting forever at home piling up adipose tissues!
which business?which money
Re: Getting Married Without A Job by jpphilips(m): 6:41am On Sep 06, 2012
obviously, u have not discussed this with your husband.

The truth is: whether you are depending on him or not, someone has to be in charge, if your idea of independence is to be usurping his authority, then i dont see why ur move is commendable.

If I were ur hubby, since u desperately need a job, i will get u preggy, that will keep u busy for 9months after which u will apply as a nanny, of course i will be paying at market rate,

when the child is of school age, u will apply as an extra moral tutor, which of course i will be glad to be paying you at market rate.

If your idea of working is to be shaking ur a.r.s.e in the banking hall, looking for targets that even the MD cannot find, then it is my responsibility to stop you cold.

Many working guys i know have other buisnesses that equally support them, have you encouraged ur hubby to diversify? Is he earning extra cash by collecting kick backs from his contractors in his company? If so, why dont u encourage him to float one and use you as a front?

Does he have friends that travel abroad for importation? Instead of shopping abroad for ur wedding, you should encourage him to finance such trips so you get a lil exposure and at the same time do a survey.

When you say you are looking for a job, whose job are you looking for exactly?

Do you know how annoying it is to work for someone?

Do you knw dat some managers that have put in over 10yrs in their career report to duty as early as 7am? Else, one lousy small boy will show them the way out?

Be careful what you wish for. everything is not exactly as it seems.

Perhaps you used to brag to your friends that you will never depend on a man in ur life, lol

welcome to reality 101

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married Without A Job by RuuDie(m): 8:04am On Sep 06, 2012
Its very easy for folks to say. . .

I have Gambian neighbours some of whom still practice the old, original tradition of "housewife-ship" - as in the woman does absolutely nothing but stay in and take care of the home-front. . .no exaggeration; she doesn't do anything to generate any form of stipend, nothing to develop herself, just the domestic stuff and depends on her husband for everything else.

You don't want to be in this position when the man is not around and some urgent need has to be catered for. . .trust me, you don't!
Re: Getting Married Without A Job by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
RuuDie: Its very easy for folks to say. . .

I have Gambian neighbours some of whom still practice the old, original tradition of "housewife-ship" - as in the woman does absolutely nothing but stay in and take care of the home-front. . .no exaggeration; she doesn't do anything to generate any form of stipend, nothing to develop herself, just the domestic stuff and depends on her husband for everything else.

You don't want to be in this position when the man is not around and some urgent need has to be catered for. . .trust me, you don't!

No be only you. When I was in NYSC. The principal of the school I served had multiple wives and the wives were like you described 100% dependent.

The Principal would just tell them he wants to travel for 3 days, give them money for food for 3 days and spend a week or two. The money would have finished by the 5th day max, and they would be sending their kids (principals kids) to go to corpers to beg for Oil, for kerosene for salt for maggi.

Later they would go around practically begging other teachers also living in the quarters for food.

Marrying a spouse without a job is risky for both parties
Re: Getting Married Without A Job by SenatorJames(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
AdeniyiA: i can marry a lady who has no job but possesses skills that can make her to be self employed. a good wife material shud be good in at least 3 crafts or handicrafts.
i would advice parents to make sure their children(boys and girls) acquire skills or crafts during long holidays instead of enrolling them in tutorial centres.
western education seems not adequate for survival in Nigeria of today
I will suggest at higher institution, because most of the young ones learning one craft or the other at secondary school level dont always concentrate on their studies. They would have concluded that, that is what they will finally end up doing for a living.
Re: Getting Married Without A Job by SenatorJames(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Bintu4: Even wants 2 marry hijab sister about 2 finish nysc, we stay in lag but dont know what to set up 4 her but dont want her 2 b looking 4 job dt is not there and consider her dress, discrimination issue but i luv her 2 much.

What can i do?
I would have advised you, but this post was in 2012 and this is 2014, so I know you must have taken a decision.
Re: Getting Married Without A Job by AdeniyiA(m): 5:59am On Jul 08, 2014
SenatorJames: I will suggest at higher institution, because most of the young ones learning one craft or the other at secondary school level dont always concentrate on their studies. They would have concluded that, that is what they will finally end up doing for a living.
You can only bend a fish when it's still wet or soft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3-Day-Old Baby Abandoned In Front Of A Church In Lagos (Photos) / ''my Husband Emeka Okojie Is Trying To Kill Me'' - Nigerian Lady / Pastor Felix Onuoha & His Wife Welcome Twins After 13 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.