Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? (2466 Views)

Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" / Check Out This Wedding Cake / He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Mcfemad(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,

What is your take on this picture taken from a wedding in Nigeria?

Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2012
They are obviously praying!
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Mcfemad(m): 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2012
Praying
for deliverance or what?
Ujujoan: They are obviously praying!
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
Mcfemad: Praying
for deliverance or what?

Someone's leading them in prayers. Someone who was not captured by the camera . . . a preist, pastor, family member . . could be anybody.

People getting married usually get 'prayed-for'!
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Mcfemad(m): 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
looking at the picture closely, I think I would need to agree with you on this!
Ujujoan:

Someone's leading them in prayers. Someone who was not captured by the camera . . . a preist, pastor, family member . . could be anybody.

People getting married usually get 'prayed-for'!
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
Mcfemad: looking at the picture closely, I think I would need to agree with you on this!

Maybe you should have looked at the picture closely before wasting cyber-space. . . . Just saying!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by 2mch(m): 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
The men are having second thoughts. Too many face palms. The ladies are praying that the jazz on the men doesnt come off before the pastor seals the deal. LMAO.
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Mcfemad(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2012
Hahahaha I did look closely. I just didn't think in that direction. I'd not witnessed something like this either in a registry or church. This picture was taken at a marriage registry, hence I do not see the possibility of the couple being prayed for before the marriage rites at first.
Ujujoan:

Maybe you should have looked at the picture closely before wasting cyber-space. . . . Just saying!
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by SisiKill1: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
Considering how crappy service in any Nigerian Civil Service Agency is, if I were to guess. . .I'd say the guys are just tired of waiting.

They probably told them to get to the registry at 8am and being eager beavers they got their at 7:30am. 8am nacks and no official has shown face, about 15mins to 9, the receptionist. . .a sourpuss faced looking university dropout strolls in, keys in hand, no apology whatsoever.

After opening the office, she takes her time putting her purse and the jollofrice she brought for lunch away. Then and only then does she acknowledge them with a

"Yes, 'ow can hi 'elp you" even though she can clearly see they are their to get married.

One of the guys tells her. . .err. . .they are there to get married and she probably replied "You will haf to old hon, the hofficiating minister his not yet 'ere"

"But they told us to come at 8am" They probably say trying not to show their impatience.

"ehn, that his when we hopen naa, e does not come in hat that time"

"okay, when will he be here?"

"Do hi look like is timekeeper? Just old hon when e gets ere, e will do hall hof you together" Her phone rings. . .Pasuma ringer without excusing herself, she picks it up and starts to chat with her friend about the mugu from last night.

The Grooms go back to the waiting room, hopefully the officiating minister will be here soon. . .they think, fingers crossed.

4hrs later, the OM is still a no show. They are tried of waiting but they can't leave.

The Smacking of the receptions lips as she eats her iru ridden jollof rice is not helping matters either and it is only by the grace of God they haven't killed her.

That FRUSTRATION is what has been captured in the picture.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
^^^
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by werepeLeri: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
OP - where is it written this wedding took place in Nigeria.

You are such a time waster - do something nice with your time.
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Mcfemad(m): 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
Mr Man/ Woman, The wedding took place in Nigeria. Simple!. You should address the topic not otherwise.
werepeLeri: OP - where is it written this wedding took place in Nigeria.

You are such a time waster - do something nice with your time.
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by slimyem: 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
lol@sisi kill's interpretation...
Sounds like the most probable one for the picture though...cheesy
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by Shugamania(f): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Considering how crappy service in any Nigerian Civil Service Agency is, if I were to guess. . .I'd say the guys are just tired of waiting.

They probably told them to get to the registry at 8am and being eager beavers they got their at 7:30am. 8am nacks and no official has shown face, about 15mins to 9, the receptionist. . .a sourpuss faced looking university dropout strolls in, keys in hand, no apology whatsoever.

After opening the office, she takes her time putting her purse and the jollofrice she brought for lunch away. Then and only then does she acknowledge them with a

"Yes, 'ow can hi 'elp you" even though she can clearly see they are their to get married.

One of the guys tells her. . .err. . .they are there to get married and she probably replied "You will haf to old hon, the hofficiating minister his not yet 'ere"

"But they told us to come at 8am" They probably asked trying not to show their impatience.

"ehn, that his when we hopen naa, e does not come in hat that time"

"okay, when will he be here?"

"Do hi look like is timekeeper? Just old hon when e gets ere, e will do hall hof you together" Her phone rings. . .Pasuma ringer without excusing herself, she picks it up and starts to chat with her friend about the mugu from last night.

The Grooms go back to the waiting room, hopefully the officiating minister will be here soon. . .they think, fingers crossed.

4hrs later, the OM is still a no show. They are tried of waiting but they can't leave.

The Smacking of the receptions lips as she eats her iru ridden jollof rice is not helping matters either and it is only by the grace of God they haven't killed her.

That FRUSTRATION is what has been captured in the picture.

Lmaoooo grin grin grin grin..
You ought to start writing scripts for comedy shows.
Op, i think ujujoan is right. Seems like a prayer session to me too.
Re: What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? by CrazyMan(m): 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2012
I agree with uju...they're obviously praying.

Its no longer news that some churches in Nigeria wed up to four couples in a single day (Saturday)...I guess this is one of such cases.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Asked To Have Sex With Dead Husband / How Do You Manage Double Standard In Your Family? / Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.