Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate (5835 Views)

Tinubu Endorses Akande For APC Bot Chair / GEJ's FB Post On The Current Sate Of The Nations Security, And People's Response / Enter Chad: It’s Now A Story Of Boko Haram Defeating Boko Haram - Dr Aliyu Muri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by dtemidare: 11:10am On Sep 05, 2012
The jostle for who becomes the next governor of Lagos State is now getting clearer. Information at the behest of this tabloid has it that Hakeem Muri OKunola, is being touted to be the next governor of Lagos state. The Action Congress of Nigeria Chieftain, Asiwju Bola Ahmed Tinunbu is believed to be positioning Hakeem for the plum post. Political pundits are already claiming that even with Hakeem’s young age, he may not get the blessing of those in the ACN caucus, but TInubu is determined to put Hakeem in the same manner he put Babatunde Raji Fashola as governor of Lagos state in 2007.

Meanwhile, it has now become a talk of the town in Lagos state on who the next governor will be come 2015 after the exit of the incumbent governor Babatunde Fashola. As it is, political pundits believe that the Jagabon Borgu, Bola Tinubu will prefer to use one of his boys who is now a permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Lands, Hakeem Muri Okunola, whose father was a revered Justice in the court of appeal in Lagos state before he passed on.

When Hakeem Muri Okunola graduated as a Law student in London, he served with Ibile Holdinds as company secretary. That was when Adewusi was the Managing Director, and from there Hakeem served Tinubu in his second term as his personal assistant. Shortly after Tinubu left government, Hakeem was made to become an Executive Secretary in a very posh body that guarantees good facilitations. It is now no more news that Hakeem is being prepared for the Alausa secretariat top notch office even as speculations are rife that another top ACN member is said to be in the race for the governorship post. He is Muiz Banire who now holds sway as the National Legal Adviser of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN.

Between Muiz Banire and Hakeem Muri Okunola, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu may find it very hard to pick one of the two because Hakeem’s father used to be a family friend to the Tinubus and Muiz Banire is also a fraternal friend to Bola Tinubu.

Observers of the whole development however pointed at the direction of Akin Ambode, the state’s Accountant General who recently resigned his appointment. it was Akin who defended all the Tinubu’s administration expenses at the anti graft agency and that he hails from Epe confirms all speculations that he is in the race as the last joker of the political class who insist in having an indigene as next Lagos governor

As it is now, no one can say who will be the next governor of Lagos state, just as the opposition party PDP are pulling all the strings to upstage the ACN come 2015. It is indeed going to be a very good scenario because ACN as a party is well-rooted in Lagos state and the PDP is not leaving anything to chance.

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Olaolufred(m): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2012
dtemidare: The jostle for who becomes the next governor of Lagos State is now getting clearer. Information at the behest of this tabloid has it that Hakeem Muri OKunola, is being touted to be the next governor of Lagos state. The Action Congress of Nigeria Chieftain, Asiwju Bola Ahmed Tinunbu is believed to be positioning Hakeem for the plum post. Political pundits are already claiming that even with Hakeem’s young age, he may not get the blessing of those in the ACN caucus, but TInubu is determined to put Hakeem in the same manner he put Babatunde Raji Fashola as governor of Lagos state in 2007.

Meanwhile, it has now become a talk of the town in Lagos state on who the next governor will be come 2015 after the exit of the incumbent governor Babatunde Fashola. As it is, political pundits believe that the Jagabon Borgu, Bola Tinubu will prefer to use one of his boys who is now a permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Lands, Hakeem Muri Okunola, whose father was a revered Justice in the court of appeal in Lagos state before he passed on.

When Hakeem Muri Okunola graduated as a Law student in London, he served with Ibile Holdinds as company secretary. That was when Adewusi was the Managing Director, and from there Hakeem served Tinubu in his second term as his personal assistant. Shortly after Tinubu left government, Hakeem was made to become an Executive Secretary in a very posh body that guarantees good facilitations. It is now no more news that Hakeem is being prepared for the Alausa secretariat top notch office even as speculations are rife that another top ACN member is said to be in the race for the governorship post. He is Muiz Banire who now holds sway as the National Legal Adviser of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN.

Between Muiz Banire and Hakeem Muri Okunola, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu may find it very hard to pick one of the two because Hakeem’s father used to be a family friend to the Tinubus and Muiz Banire is also a fraternal friend to Bola Tinubu.

Observers of the whole development however pointed at the direction of Akin Ambode, the state’s Accountant General who recently resigned his appointment. it was Akin who defended all the Tinubu’s administration expenses at the anti graft agency and that he hails from Epe confirms all speculations that he is in the race as the last joker of the political class who insist in having an indigene as next Lagos governor

As it is now, no one can say who will be the next governor of Lagos state, just as the opposition party PDP are pulling all the strings to upstage the ACN come 2015. It is indeed going to be a very good scenario because ACN as a party is well-rooted in Lagos state and the PDP is not leaving anything to chance.

English comprehension.
Thanks for letting us know what's in your mind.
Congrat.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Biggyd2: 11:50am On Sep 05, 2012
Na wa o. Nigeria and godfatherism!

http://www.newsofthepeople-ng.com/?p=558

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Olaolufred(m): 11:57am On Sep 05, 2012
Biggyd2: Na wa o. Nigeria and godfatherism!

http://www.newsofthepeople-ng.com/?p=558

News of which people?
Comprehension.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
ACN in Lagos is more corrupt than PDP. I am yet to see what they do with IGR and State Allocation from ABJ. Lekki-Epe road is a PPP project. Badagry rail-line is world bank loan. IGR from each location is what is used in planting flowers in those locations. LAWMA are paid by households as Lagos State presents bills for that on monthly basis. Tinubu is richer than ACN and anoints each candidate. Indeed Tinubu is the god of ACN. PDP conducts primaries, ACN does not. This anointing should stop henceforth, let the best man win during primaries.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by aryzgreat: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Na only muslims sabi rule lagos? time to vote PDP or any party that fields a christian, d wayo don 2 much!
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by bubadaniel13: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
Later ACN will tell PDP that they are corrupt,sincerely I am so disappointed in Tinubu and his shallow minded members of ACN,this is not democracy it is pure favoritism and nepotism...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Maxymilliano(m): 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
The news is just the typical defination of democracy ALA Tinubu: Impose candidates on party members, cajole disguntled members into submission by promising appointments, divert public attention from his undemocratic tendencies by blaming PDP and fifth columnist for any crisis that may ensue thereafter...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by obowunmi(m): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Must every Lagos state governor be Muslim undecided undecided
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by nku5: 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dude is a smart guy and young sha. Its nice to see young folk given the chance to hold big positions. I just don't like the idea of the governor being led by the hand like pikin by a would be godfather.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Demdem(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: Must every Lagos state governor be Muslim undecided undecided

Why should this be an issue. As long as such can deliver (which should be our primary concern), any is good to go. besides am a xtian.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Caseless: 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
aryzgreat: Na only muslims sabi rule lagos? time to vote PDP or any party that fields a christian, d wayo don 2 much!
it is because of people like u dat 9jria has not moved 4wad...bigotry OSTRICH!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Is like d average lagos voters are cowards dat follows Tinubu sheepshly?hw kan 1 man cont to impose a ruler on d masses:x dats why lagos remains a slum while its counterparts abroad grows. Visit cape town and see for ur self
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by gidsonjay: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
grin eko o ni baje tan ooo!
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Caseless: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
Numskull,if lagosians hav bn tinkin like u, do u tink d state wld bn a model 4 otha states like it is 2day? Pple like u kiled our dream nd caused evry prblm w'r in 2day.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Torch1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
May be Asiwaju couldn't find any Christian candidate that is so close to him, after all he is a muslim not a Christian.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Aderostock(m): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
caseless: Numskull,if lagosians hav bn tinkin like u, do u tink d state wld bn a model 4 otha states like it is 2day? Pple like u kiled our dream nd caused evry prblm w'r in 2day.
Respect for that comment. I dont believe obowunmi is a yoruba, if he is, he wont have said cos we dont attach religious sentiments with our lives
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by krnl: 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
aryzgreat: Na only muslims sabi rule lagos? time to vote PDP or any party that fields a christian, d wayo don 2 much!

I'm sure Hakeem is also married to a christian and will visit anglican churches, take photos with bishops as well as observe ramadan.

Whatever happened to Mamora 4 guvnor ?

God help Lagos.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Jarus(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
All I want is a performer.

Lagos has always been blessed with above average governors(Jakande, Marwa, even Tinubu, and now Fashola. No matter the issue one has with them, one can't take away the fact that, by Nigerian standards, these guys performed above average, maybe due to teh resources avai;able to them.

I hope whoever takes over from BRF also continue with the good works.

I don't know much about Hakeem Muri-Okunola but I think Muiz Banire has proved himself as an outstanding commissioner (most of Tinubu's commissioners are performers anyway - I don't know where on earth he digs out these guys, so my instinct tells me he will do decent BRF's successor. Olohunnimbe Mamora is also good enough for teh position but I don't think he's in Tinubu's inner circle, which may jeopardise his chance.

On a lighter note, this Hakeem na fine boy sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by truth4meal(m): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
Billyonaire: ACN in Lagos is more corrupt than PDP. I am yet to see what they do with IGR and State Allocation from ABJ. Lekki-Epe road is a PPP project. Badagry rail-line is world bank loan. IGR from each location is what is used in planting flowers in those locations. LAWMA are paid by households as Lagos State presents bills for that on monthly basis. Tinubu is richer than ACN and anoints each candidate. Indeed Tinubu is the god of ACN. PDP conducts primaries, ACN does not. This anointing should stop henceforth, let the best man win during primaries.
Billyonaire or what is that you name; you say Fashola is not doing anything, am sure you stay in ur village somewhere in the east because if you are in Lagos you won't say so . Tinubu is the National Leader of a party and the leader of the Yoruba just like his Baba, Awolowo in the UPN and AG days. and taking about primaries there is no section of the electoral law that mandates it neither does the constitution of Nigeria. its bera not to do primaries that the Kangaroo primaries that tore the dirty fabrics of PDP in Lagos till date.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by kettykin: 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
The gradual but steady Tinubunization of the SW is almost complete ,
By the Time the Naive and Gullible Yoruba PDP Members wake up it will be dam too late , My guess is that the fate of Yoruba PDP will be worst than that of Middle Belt PDP who uptill now are mute and are still wondering when and how and what actually happened to them . The Bakares and OBJs who are busy fighting Goddluck Jonathan instead of fighting thier own battle, U na do welloo
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by truth4meal(m): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
[/quote]As it is now, no one can say who will be the next governor of Lagos state, just as the opposition party PDP are pulling all the strings to upstage the ACN come 2015. It is indeed going to be a very good scenario because ACN as a party is well-rooted in Lagos state and the PDP is not leaving anything to chance.[quote]
at a point sef the paper confused itself. Any person or group of persons deliberately trying to smear Asiwaju - Oduduwa will confuse their ranks (ase)
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by truth4meal(m): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
kettykin: The gradual but steady Islamization of the SW is almost complete ,
By the Time the Naive and Gillible Yoruba Christians wake up it will be dam too late , My guess is that the fate of Yoruba Christian will be worst than that of Middle Belt Chistians who uptill now are mute and are still wondering when and how and what actually happened to them . The Bakares and OBJs who are busy fighting Goddluck Jonathan instead of fighting thier own battle, U na do welloo
when you noticed that your corruption card did not work u stealthy introduce the religious card. Yorubas are no bigots - the governor can come from any religion what matter is delivering on the Job. every Yoruba have a muslim and a christian in their line of descent so muslims and Christians in this part of God's earth are one. Lagosians voted massively for Otedola not because he is a christian. Igbos voted for Abiola/Kingibe (A muslim-muslim candidate) so bro, you cant induce an educated and multi-ethnic people of Lagos. and for Goodluck and Bakare he is the president so they have a right to "busy" criticizing him but you are sure not a Lagosian can you leave us with our choice? agent of anarchy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by AustineE1: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
Feudal lord in this jet age!so much of an 'educated people'!some regions will keep dragging us back wards.A know serial looter,anointing another man for governorship positn!the craziest thing i ve heard in recent times,in higher climes,the scoundrel would be doing time behind bars or honourably take to suicide...what a people!follow-follow- zombie mentality in this present day,i reserve my comment!!!...THIEFNUBUCRACY
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Is there no Christian that Tinubu can make a governor? Why always a Muslim. Not that there's anything wrong with it but it's making me thing that there's a grand plan to exclude Christians from Lagos politics.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by obowunmi(m): 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2012
Aderostock:
Respect for that comment. I dont believe obowunmi is a yoruba, if he is, he wont have said cos we dont attach religious sentiments with our lives

I am a Nigerian.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by obowunmi(m): 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva: Is there no Christian that Tinubu can make a governor? Why always a Muslim. Not that there's anything wrong with it but it's making me thing that there's a grand plan to exclude Christians from Lagos politics.

Well stated. Nothing is sustainable when you begin excluding people. So because Tinubu is a muslim means that he should force Muslim leaders on Lagosians
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by jayjam(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]and someone here will tell me acn are democratic.democratic indeed
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi:

Well stated. Nothing is sustainable when you begin excluding people. So because Tinubu is a muslim means that he should force Muslim leaders on Lagosians
I guess they're waiting until Christians begin to revolt before they realize that Christians are part of this state. The fact that Christians are silect should not be mistaken for stup1dity. Tinubu and his ACN cohorts should better thread carefully.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by obowunmi(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
caseless: Numskull,if lagosians hav bn tinkin like u, do u tink d state wld bn a model 4 otha states like it is 2day? Pple like u kiled our dream nd caused evry prblm w'r in 2day.

Not a numskull...simply addressing the issue of religious exclusion in leadership.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by obowunmi(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
To all btw, I will confidently state that Tinubu has NOT nominated this guy. Not sure if the OP's source is reliable.
Re: Tinubu Endorses Hakeem Muri-okunola As Next Governor Of Lagos Sate by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
truth4meal: Billyonaire or what is that you name; you say Fashola is not doing anything, am sure you stay in ur village somewhere in the east because if you are in Lagos ur stinking mouth won't release this germ coated utterance. Tinubu is the National Leader of a party and the leader of the Yoruba just like his Baba, Awolowo in the UPN and AG days. and taking about primaries there is no section of the electoral law that mandates it neither does the constitution of Nigeria. its bera not to do primaries that the Kangaroo primaries that tore the dirty fabrics of PDP in Lagos till date.
I do not care about the history of Yoruba people, what I care about is ACN, a party registered in Nigeria for Nigerians of all geographical location, it is not a Yoruba party in its registration with INEC, except you are daft to just believe anything. Every Party according to INEC guideline must conduct Primaries to produce their flag bearer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

COOL, Check Out This Ferrari Used To Pick Up Nnamdi Kanu From Airport / Fake Statistics Will Destroy The South West / FG, States Recommits To Swift Investigation, Arrest & Prosecution Of Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.