Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,535 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG (1721 Views)

Obasanjo Returns $200 Million To National Treasury. / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / How Subsidy Went From N300b To N1.3 Trillion: Has Anyone In Govt Explained? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by faketan(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2008
National assembly returning morning to the national treasury is a good omen.

There is hope for nigeria. Lets hope this kind of discipline continues.

A good news for the new year.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=060108&ptitle=National%20Assembly%20Returns%20N7%20Billion%20To%20Treasury

N300bn from 16 hitherto undisclosed accounts.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2008
A miracle indeed but why were they alloted this much over what was needed in the first place I am seriously happy that the money was returned but weren't there financial experts in the first place to help with planning and budgeting in the first place
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by faketan(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2008
I think they said it is part of the overhead cost which is estimated.

And N4.4 is supposed to be from supplementary budget probably meant for a project not executed.

However, they were restricted by law. All the same I am happy.
There is still much hope.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by TheSly: 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2008
Poster!

thanks for sharin'. . . cool
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by faketan(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2008
you are welcome sly
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2008
Now let us see where that money will go this year and what project. Is there a site where one can go for information on how much is being spent where
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by faketan(m): 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Now let us see where that money will go this year and what project. Is there a site where one can go for information on how much is being spent where
I wish I know of one.
Senate is presently 16 undisclosed accounts and Yar'Adua has directed they should be given access to all.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2008
As long as they document it all and use the money wisely this time around. I would love a situation where the Nigerian people can easily sue them in case of misuse.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by kokoA(m): 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2008
Are sure that is not more than 7billion? (den fit don pocket part of it). Anyway, i commend them shs for atleast returning "part". This is what you get when you have a good man as a senate president.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by faketan(m): 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

As long as they document it all and use the money wisely this time around. I would love a situation where the Nigerian people can easily sue them in case of misuse.
Abi o.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by almondjoy(f): 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2008
I love recycled loots. Garbage in, garbage out!!!
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by faketan(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2008
Almondjoy
you actually had a good new year resolution. GIGO is good when our money is returned. Hope it is put into good use.
Happy new year. I have looked for your trouble but could not find it this year. Thank God ooooh
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by micklplus(m): 9:15am On Jan 10, 2008
Returning the money is a good development if u ask me.
Cheers
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by faketan(m): 2:23am On Jan 11, 2008
The FG has also refunded N300bn unspent capital from 16 hitherto undisclosed accounts.

It is getting better.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4278&Itemid=0
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by Kobojunkie: 6:45am On Jan 11, 2008
WOW. Shows this man is actually using his head now. WOOHOO!!! Maybe a glass of wine to celebrate this.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by otele(m): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2008
good news faketan. . .
hold on kobo . . . no wine glasses yet . . . . what happened to the money recovered from abacha?

yaradua is not doing badly, per se, but if we start celebrating now, he'll start doing badly. he's too slow, i know, better than rushing into doom. let's give him a chance.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by faketan(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2008
@Kobo
It is really a good news my dear.

Otele nsi nsi,

It is better late than never you know. Let me leave the Champagne in the freezer.
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by Dreloaded(f): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2008
where should we start first?

Electricity or Water?
Re: National Assembly Returns N7b To The National Treasury/N300B from the FG by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2008
Definitely Electricity. You turn up the grid, the water will come flowing afterwards.

(1) (Reply)

Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy / Public Notice: Attempt To Frame Me By Unknow People. / From 2011, Presidents And Governors Must Have A Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.