Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me (1683 Views)

APC Cannot Win Any Election In Rivers State - Wike ( Photos ) / Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me by AloyEmeka5: 11:05pm On Feb 24, 2010
Without Chris Uba, PDP can never win any election in Anambra, quote me – Dr Okeke, party chieftian
From DAVID ONWUCHEKWA, Nnewi

Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Dr Jeff Okeke is a chieftain and financier of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), in Anambra State. He has traced the source of PDP’s failure in the February 6, 2010 governorship election in Anambra State, acknowledging the expulsion of Chris Uba from the party as the major blow that robbed PDP it’s victory. He, however, acknowledged hard work as Governor Obi’s advantage that gave him victory.

advertisement

Excerpt:

Call to duty

It is important to let you know that man is a political animal according to a Greek philosopher called Aristotle. I chose to get involved in politics because of the cry of my people. Nigeria is growing fast in terms of democracy. Things needed to be done right, that is what specifically prompted me to join politics so that I could contribute my own quota within the resources and wisdom that God has deposited in me to make the people truly understand what democracy is all about. That is basically my interest for joining politics.

PDP dead in Anambra

The idea of the party being dead is because of what happened at the just concluded gubernatorial election in the state. I want to start by saying just like I said earlier in one of my interviews before the election that there were a lot of things that brought the failure of PDP at the governorship election. First and foremost, I have to start with the National Working Committee (NCW) of the party. They did not do their homework well and never wanted PDP to win the election. They would have considered what democracy entails before taking any decision. Politics is all about number to ensure that the wishes of the masses prevail and everybody must be involved.

They failed because we had a committee that is self centered, who neglected the interest of the common man. How can a National Working Committee of a great party like PDP, screen over 50 aspirants and approved over 40 to go and contest a particular seat? It is impossible because we have criteria for screening. Some of the aspirants that passed the screening test even had one or more legal actions against the party and were allowed to contest the primaries. So, if they had thoroughly screened the aspirants to reduce the number to two or three, I wonder why PDP in Anambra State couldn’t have won the election.

Also, if the national leadership of the party had allowed the people of the State to choose our candidate, I can assure you that nothing would have stopped PDP from clinching the governorship seat because we have great men in the party, we have men that know how to play politics like my political godfather, Chief Chris Uba. He is a well grounded politician who taught me how to play the game. We only had a little disagreement when our candidate was not chosen, we protested through every available means but when it became obvious that we have no choice, I had to join hands with the party to make sure we deliver PDP in Anambra State. It is incredible that even the people that were sent to deliver Soludo were not there for him, but for their own selfish interest.

So, when it comes to Anambra as a state, we have a whole lot of problem because we had expected Soludo and his group to come down to the State to pacify the aggrieved parties, plead with them to make them see reasons with him. If he had done that it would have been better instead of name calling and criticizing people during campaigns, because those he was criticizing have one or two people that are loyal to them which kept dividing the house. If you critically examine the election you will find out truly that PDP is the largest party in Africa, Nigeria and Anambra State. We have the largest number of followers but could not utilize it well instead the party was busy pursuing shadow as a result of which it lost the substance.

Ya’Adua absence as obstacle

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/24/509.html
Re: Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me by AloyEmeka5: 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2010
More PDP woes

[size=14pt]Osun gov polls' results taken to PDP chief's house, tribunal told[/size]
From Tunji Omofoye, Osogbo

THE election petitions tribunal in Osogbo hearing the suit by the Action Congress (AC) candidate, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, was yesterday told how the results of the April 14, 2007, governorship election in the wards in Isokan Local Council of Osun State were taken to the house of a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain in the locality instead of the collation centre.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/24/17.html

Aregbesola was the AC candidate for the governorship polls.

At the resumed sitting yesterday, a PDP leader, Alhaji Taofeek Abioye Makinde, who testified with two others before the panel, confirmed that some party agents in the area brought the result of the election to his house.

Under cross-examination by AC counsel, Akin Olujimi (SAN), the witness, who claimed he voted at AUD Primary School Unit, Ikoyi, said he was not aware that the result of the election should be taken to the collation centre in his area.

Makinde, a former Commissioner for Information and Women Affairs, who is Special Adviser to the Governor on Agriculture and Forestry Development, said he was the collation agent appointed by his party for his local council.

Makinde, however, denied that he was going about the local council with thugs to disrupt the election, adding that he went to the collation centre at about 6.00 p.m.

He also affirmed that the election was held under a peaceful atmosphere in the area.

When asked by Olujimi to name the party agents who brought the election results to his house, he said he could not identify them, but that he was able to identify the ward chairman, Alhaji Rabiu Sunmonu.

The AC counsel confronted the witness with exhibit 142, which is the collated result of the ward election signed by one Alhaji Olaniyi Alabi to counter the claim by Makinde that he was the appointed collation agent by his party.

When Olujimi drew the attention of the witness to the fact that a polling agent, one Odeniyi Rasaki, signed both the result of unit five and also at the state level, Makinde denied knowing his identity but said he might know the Rasaki if he saw him physically.

An attempt by the AC counsel to ask the witness further question on the documents purportedly signed by Rasaki was interjected by the PDP counsel, Adebayo Adelodun (SAN), who argued that the witness could not be made to answer questions on documents that he was not the author.
Re: Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me by Ibime(m): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2010
Why? Because Uba is rigger-in-chief?

How I wish Soludo had won that stuff.

I can see PDP only giving the mandate to thugs from now on.
Re: Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me by AloyEmeka5: 4:00am On Feb 25, 2010
Yes, he is the rigger in chief grin grin grin
Re: Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me by mbulela: 4:18am On Feb 25, 2010
Ibime:

Why? Because Uba is rigger-in-chief?

How I wish Soludo had won that stuff.

I can see PDP only giving the mandate to thugs from now on.

it depends on your opinion on Soludo.
He may be an intellectual thug.
Re: Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 25, 2010
Chineke mee!!!!!!

I laf in Igbo.

This man is sick in the mouth o! His tile would be "Without Chris Uba, PDP can never rig any Election in Anambra"
The truth is this, it is only through rigging that the PDP will win any election in Anambra State.
As for Soludo, the guy became a failure the day he he decided to dance with the "wolves".

(1) (Reply)

Unban Abagworo! / Oshiomhole Seeks New Revenue Formula / U.s. Army Gen. Carter Ham - Nigeria Is Boko Haram's Main Target

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.