Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power (2754 Views)

Wike Suspends Fred Kpakol And Dagogo / 2015: I’ve Resolved To Work For Wike – Dagogo-jack / Will You Support The Return Of Barth Nnaji As Power Minister... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by HammedSodiqq: 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday inaugurated Mr. Reynold Dagogo-Jack of the National Integrated Power Project as the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Power at a brief ceremony in the Presidential Villa.

He takes over from Prof. Barth Nnaji, who resigned as Minister of Power last week.

The task force has the duty of developing and driving the Federal Government’s action plan for the power sector as well as articulating a proper plan of action for implementation in the areas of power generation, transmission and distribution, Premium Times reports.

Other members of the recomposed task force are the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, the Chief Executive Officer – Transmission Company of Nigeria, the Managing Director, Niger Delta Power Holding Company, the Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Gas Company, the Chief Executive Officer, Geregu Generation Company, the Chief Executive Officer, Ughelli Generation Company, the Chief Executive Officer, Eko Distribution Company, the Chief Executive Offcier, Abuja Distribution Company, the Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Bulk Electricity Company, the Chief Executive Officer of the Gas Aggregation Company of Nigeria and Evaristus Mogbo.

The Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Fund will serve as Consultants to the Task Force while an officer of Directorate rank in the Federal Ministry of Power designated by the Permanent Secretary will serve as Secretary to the recomposed task force.

http://www.punchng.com/news/dagogo-jack-takes-over-from-nnaji-as-head-of-presidential-task-force-on-power/
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
i will only talk if power does not improve or at least stay steady
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by HammedSodiqq: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
We pray and hope that this man will continue from where Nnaji stopped. Power generation has to increase, this all we ask for
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Israelmossaic: 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
Whether the new man is a Yoruba or Ibo, it doesn't really matter. We need power, anyone that can gurantee us that is the perfect man for the job. I wish him well in his new appointment.
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Biggyd2: 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
[s]Chief Sumner Karibi Dagogo-Jack (born 1930) was chairman of the National Electoral Commission of Nigeria (NECON) appointed by President Sani Abacha, holding office from 1994 to 1998.[1]

Dagogo-Jack served as a member of the Humphrey Nwosu electoral commission (1989–1993) and was later appointed chairman of the National Electoral Commission of Nigeria.[2] His commission was reportedly not impartial, but was controlled by Abacha.[3] [b]Under Dagogo-Jack, NECON registered five political associations, none led by credible politicians. These were United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP), Congress for National Consensus (CNC), Democratic Party of Nigeria (DPN), National Centre Party of Nigeria (NCPN) and Grassroots Democratic Movement (GDM). The purpose was to ensure that Abacha would become the sole presidential candidate, supported by all parties.[4]
[/b]The commission conducted elections for the local government councils and the National Assembly.[1] NECON overstepped the bounds of its authority in some cases. For example, shortly before the March 1997 local government elections, Dagogo-Jack nullified the positions of National Leader in the NCPN and National Coordinator in the DPN, which he said were in violation of the parties' constitutions.[5] The elected officers had not been inaugurated when Abacha died suddenly in June 1998, and his successor Abdulsalami Abubakar initiated a fresh electoral process that would lead to the establishment of the Nigerian Fourth Republic in May 1999.[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumner_Dagogo-Jack

[color=#000099]Aside from the above, i don't know much about this individual. My concern is that this man should have enough expertise to provide Nigerians with power (where he comes from not withstanding). Let this not be an appointment based on "settlement" sha.
[/color[/s]]
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Olanlere11: 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
Aluta Chorus : All we are saying
Give us more light(3*)
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by FrankC3: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
Biggyd2: Chief Sumner Karibi Dagogo-Jack (born 1930) was chairman of the National Electoral Commission of Nigeria (NECON) appointed by President Sani Abacha, holding office from 1994 to 1998.[1]

Dagogo-Jack served as a member of the Humphrey Nwosu electoral commission (1989–1993) and was later appointed chairman of the National Electoral Commission of Nigeria.[2] His commission was reportedly not impartial, but was controlled by Abacha.[3] [b]Under Dagogo-Jack, NECON registered five political associations, none led by credible politicians. These were United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP), Congress for National Consensus (CNC), Democratic Party of Nigeria (DPN), National Centre Party of Nigeria (NCPN) and Grassroots Democratic Movement (GDM). The purpose was to ensure that Abacha would become the sole presidential candidate, supported by all parties.[4]
[/b]The commission conducted elections for the local government councils and the National Assembly.[1] NECON overstepped the bounds of its authority in some cases. For example, shortly before the March 1997 local government elections, Dagogo-Jack nullified the positions of National Leader in the NCPN and National Coordinator in the DPN, which he said were in violation of the parties' constitutions.[5] The elected officers had not been inaugurated when Abacha died suddenly in June 1998, and his successor Abdulsalami Abubakar initiated a fresh electoral process that would lead to the establishment of the Nigerian Fourth Republic in May 1999.[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumner_Dagogo-Jack

Aside from the above, i don't know much about this individual. My concern is that this man should have enough expertise to provide Nigerians with power (where he comes from not withstanding). Let this not be an appointment based on "settlement" sha.

I think the guy's name is Mr. Reynold Dagogo-Jack and not Chief Sumner Karibi Dagogo-Jack as your post suggests.

1 Like

Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Ak47bullet: 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ratatatatatata kpooooom! Place of origin is inconsequential. All we need is steady power. If not for the administrative twist in power privatization, Nnaji did well. All Dagogo needs is improve on what is on ground.

1 Like

Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by PrettyRita(f): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
He should settle down start immediately. So much needs to be done. No time for long thing
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Biggyd2: 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
Frank-C:
I think the guy's name is Mr. Reynold Dagogo-Jack and not Chief Sumner Karibi Dagogo-Jack as your post suggests.

Oh, my bad. Thanks a million.
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Biggyd2: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
I hope he does a good job.

Interview with 2011 POWER-GEN International Attendee(Dagogo Jack)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLanVh64zWA
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by okanga1: 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
lets see his actions not coming 2 show intrest like Nnaji
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Biggyd2: 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
Reynolds Bekinbo Dagogo-Jack's Overview

Current

Special Performance Monitor (SPM) at The Presidential Task on Power
Head , NIPP Performance Monitoring Team at Presidential Task Force on Power, Nigeria

Past
Senior Special Assistant to the President ( NIPP) at The Presidency, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Honorable Commissioner of Works & Transport at Government of the Rivers State of Nigeria
Deputy Director/ Special Assistant to the Chairman. at The Presidency, Technical Committee on Privatization & Commercialization ( TCPC)

see all

Education

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

University of Benin, Nigeria.

Baptist High School , Port Harcourt

see all
Connections
114 connections
Reynolds Bekinbo Dagogo-Jack's Experience

Special Performance Monitor (SPM)
The Presidential Task on Power
June 2011 – Present (1 year 4 months) Federal Secretariat, Abuja

I'm a DFID /NIAF embedded Consultant serving on the Presidential Task Force on Power (PFTP) which works as the technical engine room of the Federal Ministry of Power & has the responsibility of providing the required technical expertise for planning, intervention , evaluation and actualization of the Presidential Roadmap on Power launched in August 2010 . Two key deliverables of the PTFP are , firstly the recovery of lost efficiencies across the value chain in order to achieve optimal service delivery levels at current installed capacity ; & secondly the reform /transition of the electricity sector in Nigeria from a largely government-owned/operated system to a fully private-sector owned /driven electricity market. The target outcome of this processes is steady ramping up of electricity supply from it's current very low level of approximately 4000mw to around 10000mw by the end of 2013.
Head , NIPP Performance Monitoring Team

Presidential Task Force on Power, Nigeria
Government Agency; 51-200 employees; Oil & Energy industry
June 2010 – Present (2 years 4 months) Federal Secretariat, Abuja, Nigeria

Provide & execute a comprehensive project monitoring & evaluation process for over 400 ongoing projects under the National Integrated Power Projects ( NIPP) covering 10 Thermal Power Plants with a combined capacity of 4773MW & their related evacuation, transmission and distribution infrastructure at both the 330/132 kv & the 33/11kv levels.

Senior Special Assistant to the President ( NIPP)
The Presidency, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
May 2010 – May 2011 (1 year 1 month) Abuja, Nigeria

In this position , I worked as the team leader for project performance monitoring & evaluation for the National Integrated Power Power Projects on the Presidential Task Force on Power. My duties covered exposing all performance risks & gaps in the projects and engaging with the project delivery agencies - the project owner, vendors , other interfacing government agencies , consultants & even host communities to shape the risks into manageable dimensions & take home realistic completion timelines. I also escalated qualifying issues to the level of the Presidential Action Committee on Power for fast-track intervention.

Honorable Commissioner of Works & Transport
Government of the Rivers State of Nigeria
March 1997 – September 1998 (1 year 7 months) Port Harcourt , Nigeria

Member of the State Executive Council
Directly responsible for :-
Urban infrastructure upgrade, renewal & new development.
Setting / controlling urban planning & development policies and practice.
Ministerial capital / recurrent budget administration .
Technical manpower & capacity building.

Deputy Director/ Special Assistant to the Chairman.
The Presidency, Technical Committee on Privatization & Commercialization ( TCPC)
June 1992 – July 1994 (2 years 2 months) Lagos , Nigeria

This is the precurssor to the present BPE ( The Bureau for Public Enterprise ) .
As Deputy Director, my work involved mainly developing reform packages for commercialization candidate firms as well as carrying out routine evaluation of how well fully commercialized firms were doing against set key performance indices.
As Special Assistant to the Chairman, I functioned as a process coordinator of the policy & programme activities & their files going in and out of the office of the Chairman for attention & directives. I also worked on the final version of the Chairman's public paper presentations and memos to the Federal Executive Council.

Special Assistant (Technical) to the Hon Minister of Aviation
Ministry of Aviation , Federal Government of Nigeria.
February 1990 –
June 1992 (2 years 5 months) Lagos, Nigeria.

I coordinated the Hon Minister's economic & infrastructural policy development process as it related to a) the reform/ liberalization of the aviation sector which saw to the licensing of other indigenous airlines to support the then Nigeria Airways & b) the planning / execution of major rehabilitation projects for the then three International Airports of Lagos, Kano & PortHarcourt. I also served on the board of the Federal Airports Authority between 1990-1993.
Other duties involved coordinating actions & reactions to all Federal Executive Memos , Media interactions & development of proactive position papers to resolve pending policy or programme issues.

Supply & Distribution Engineer (1985) , District Manager , East ( 1989)
Total Nigeria (downstream)

Public Company; 10,001+ employees; TOT; Oil & Energy industry
October 1985 – December 1989 (4 years 3 months) Port Harcourt , Nigeria.

As District Manager, I was the business & corporate head of the company in the Eastern District . My scope of work included developing annual sales & operations budget for the District ; supervising the reporting line mangers for sales , operations & maintenance ; promoting company brand in the community ; working with other divisional heads to carry out regular peer reviews & development of innovative models for achieving revenue targets.

http://ng.linkedin.com/pub/reynolds-bekinbo-dagogo-jack/16/3aa/808
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Bukkyade: 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
Biggyd2:
Reynolds Bekinbo Dagogo-Jack's Overview

Current

Special Performance Monitor (SPM) at The Presidential Task on Power
Head , NIPP Performance Monitoring Team at Presidential Task Force on Power, Nigeria

Past
Senior Special Assistant to the President ( NIPP) at The Presidency, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Honorable Commissioner of Works & Transport at Government of the Rivers State of Nigeria
Deputy Director/ Special Assistant to the Chairman. at The Presidency, Technical Committee on Privatization & Commercialization ( TCPC)

see all

Education

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

University of Benin, Nigeria.

Baptist High School , Port Harcourt

see all
Connections
114 connections
Reynolds Bekinbo Dagogo-Jack's Experience

Special Performance Monitor (SPM)
The Presidential Task on Power
June 2011 – Present (1 year 4 months) Federal Secretariat, Abuja

I'm a DFID /NIAF embedded Consultant serving on the Presidential Task Force on Power (PFTP) which works as the technical engine room of the Federal Ministry of Power & has the responsibility of providing the required technical expertise for planning, intervention , evaluation and actualization of the Presidential Roadmap on Power launched in August 2010 . Two key deliverables of the PTFP are , firstly the recovery of lost efficiencies across the value chain in order to achieve optimal service delivery levels at current installed capacity ; & secondly the reform /transition of the electricity sector in Nigeria from a largely government-owned/operated system to a fully private-sector owned /driven electricity market. The target outcome of this processes is steady ramping up of electricity supply from it's current very low level of approximately 4000mw to around 10000mw by the end of 2013.
Head , NIPP Performance Monitoring Team

Presidential Task Force on Power, Nigeria
Government Agency; 51-200 employees; Oil & Energy industry
June 2010 – Present (2 years 4 months) Federal Secretariat, Abuja, Nigeria

Provide & execute a comprehensive project monitoring & evaluation process for over 400 ongoing projects under the National Integrated Power Projects ( NIPP) covering 10 Thermal Power Plants with a combined capacity of 4773MW & their related evacuation, transmission and distribution infrastructure at both the 330/132 kv & the 33/11kv levels.

Senior Special Assistant to the President ( NIPP)
The Presidency, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
May 2010 – May 2011 (1 year 1 month) Abuja, Nigeria

In this position , I worked as the team leader for project performance monitoring & evaluation for the National Integrated Power Power Projects on the Presidential Task Force on Power. My duties covered exposing all performance risks & gaps in the projects and engaging with the project delivery agencies - the project owner, vendors , other interfacing government agencies , consultants & even host communities to shape the risks into manageable dimensions & take home realistic completion timelines. I also escalated qualifying issues to the level of the Presidential Action Committee on Power for fast-track intervention.

Honorable Commissioner of Works & Transport
Government of the Rivers State of Nigeria
March 1997 – September 1998 (1 year 7 months) Port Harcourt , Nigeria

Member of the State Executive Council
Directly responsible for :-
Urban infrastructure upgrade, renewal & new development.
Setting / controlling urban planning & development policies and practice.
Ministerial capital / recurrent budget administration .
Technical manpower & capacity building.

Deputy Director/ Special Assistant to the Chairman.
The Presidency, Technical Committee on Privatization & Commercialization ( TCPC)
June 1992 – July 1994 (2 years 2 months) Lagos , Nigeria

This is the precurssor to the present BPE ( The Bureau for Public Enterprise ) .
As Deputy Director, my work involved mainly developing reform packages for commercialization candidate firms as well as carrying out routine evaluation of how well fully commercialized firms were doing against set key performance indices.
As Special Assistant to the Chairman, I functioned as a process coordinator of the policy & programme activities & their files going in and out of the office of the Chairman for attention & directives. I also worked on the final version of the Chairman's public paper presentations and memos to the Federal Executive Council.

Special Assistant (Technical) to the Hon Minister of Aviation
Ministry of Aviation , Federal Government of Nigeria.
February 1990 –
June 1992 (2 years 5 months) Lagos, Nigeria.

I coordinated the Hon Minister's economic & infrastructural policy development process as it related to a) the reform/ liberalization of the aviation sector which saw to the licensing of other indigenous airlines to support the then Nigeria Airways & b) the planning / execution of major rehabilitation projects for the then three International Airports of Lagos, Kano & PortHarcourt. I also served on the board of the Federal Airports Authority between 1990-1993.
Other duties involved coordinating actions & reactions to all Federal Executive Memos , Media interactions & development of proactive position papers to resolve pending policy or programme issues.

Supply & Distribution Engineer (1985) , District Manager , East ( 1989)
Total Nigeria (downstream)

Public Company; 10,001+ employees; TOT; Oil & Energy industry
October 1985 – December 1989 (4 years 3 months) Port Harcourt , Nigeria.

As District Manager, I was the business & corporate head of the company in the Eastern District . My scope of work included developing annual sales & operations budget for the District ; supervising the reporting line mangers for sales , operations & maintenance ; promoting company brand in the community ; working with other divisional heads to carry out regular peer reviews & development of innovative models for achieving revenue targets.

http://ng.linkedin.com/pub/reynolds-bekinbo-dagogo-jack/16/3aa/808

Nice CV. I just pray you deliver

1 Like

Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Sep 06, 2012
Biggyd2: Chief Sumner Karibi Dagogo-Jack (born 1930) was chairman of the National Electoral Commission of Nigeria (NECON) appointed by President Sani Abacha, holding office from 1994 to 1998.[1]

He is 82?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Dpeacemaker101: 2:09am On Sep 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We know you are foolish so stop seeking attention with it. It is not mandatory that you must show cause why you are foolish always. The Man's name is not Chief summer Dagogo Jack but Reynolds Dagogo Jack. It's clearly and boldly written in that piece. The Reynolds Dagogo Jack is not 82 as you can see from that YOUTUBE video. Make haste to watch it and stop embarrassing your self here.

1 Like

Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by Biggyd2: 7:07am On Sep 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sorry, he is not the one. Got the names mixed up..
Re: Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power by friedrice1: 9:50am On Sep 06, 2012
Hahahahahahahhhhhhh! Igbo Kwenu! The president promised In Anambra State to replace Nnaji with a fellow Igbo man., barely a week ago
he was quickly endorsed for 2015. grin grin grin

Dagogo-Jack has an impressive CV though, lets hope his appointment would result in stable power

(1) (Reply)

Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated / SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) / How Real Are T.B Joshua’s Miracles?- Witnesses Say There Are Stage-Managed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.