Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,844 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? (10150 Views)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria's Most Powerful Politician - Onyebuchi Ememanka / What Message Is Bola Tinubu Trying To Pass Across? (Picture) / Ahmed Magaji Or Yekini Amoda Ogunlere Which Is Bola Tinubu's Real Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Delafruita(m): 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:

Why didn't you ask for the Northern governors or are they not part of the country. I just gave a sample popular governorsm What is the problem? Oga you can open a thread about any governor you want. Ameachi, Akpabio, Uduaghan, na you sabi. Just don't derail my thread. It's either you have answer or not, stop querying my motive or speculate on my zone. Such hold no answer to my query.

How wealthy is Tinubu, and how did he become that wealthy. Certainly, anyone who can create a Nairaland account by himself should at the every least understand simple question, No?
he is stupendously wealthy.among his list of investments-
tv and radio continental
first nation airlines
the nation newspapers
oriental hotel
etc
you wanna know how he made his money?by been smart.lets assume he looted lagos dry as you claim.you didnt include the fact that lagos didnt receive allocation for more than 3 years during his second term.tinubu increased the IGR of lagos to nearly 30billion naira monthly.

how was he smart?

lagos collects taxes and his company collects it on behalf of lagos state and receives a commission.is that fraudulent?probably.is it a crime under the law?not that i know of.

lagos awards contracts and his ccompany bids and wins such contracts.is that a crime?not that i know of.you might say the contracts are expensive,but at least they get executed.

he runs a political empire and replicates the same mechanism in the states his party wins.dont you find it amusing that despite the perceived highhandedness of asiwaju,these governors remain loyal and are even submissive to the point of been errand boys?

despite all the claims of looting,successive governments have tried without success to nail tinubu.the CCB trial was the height of their desperation and even that was proven to be an idiotic move.

its not in doubt that asiwaju took advantage of his position to amass wealth.however,that wealth has remained within the state.that wealth has been used to create jobs and that job is been used to entrench good governance.i cant say the same for other thieves

3 Likes

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
what is this obsession with Tinubu... haba. it is getting tiresome. nail the dude if you have solid facts and put him behind bars until he dies like clifford orji, but till then save your precious brain-cells for other matters bordering on Nigeria's economic future
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
Delafruita:
he is stupendously wealthy.among his list of investments-
tv and radio continental
first nation airlines
the nation newspapers
oriental hotel
etc
you wanna know how he made his money?by been smart.lets assume he looted lagos dry as you claim.you didnt include the fact that lagos didnt receive allocation for more than 3 years during his second term.tinubu increased the IGR of lagos to nearly 30billion naira monthly.

how was he smart?

lagos collects taxes and his company collects it on behalf of lagos state and receives a commission.is that fraudulent?probably.is it a crime under the law?not that i know of.

lagos awards contracts and his ccompany bids and wins such contracts.is that a crime?not that i know of.you might say the contracts are expensive,but at least they get executed.

he runs a political empire and replicates the same mechanism in the states his party wins.dont you find it amusing that despite the perceived highhandedness of asiwaju,these governors remain loyal and are even submissive to the point of been errand boys?

despite all the claims of looting,successive governments have tried without success to nail tinubu.the CCB trial was the height of their desperation and even that was proven to be an idiotic move.

its not in doubt that asiwaju took advantage of his position to amass wealth.however,that wealth has remained within the state.that wealth has been used to create jobs and that job is been used to entrench good governance.i cant say the same for other thieves
^^^
Let me get you clear. You are saying that indeed Tinubu not only stole from Lagos State. He set-up companies (perhaps while still a governor) to collect tax for Lagos state, and tell generously help himselvf from the collections. Furthermore, he other companies are also awarded contracts by the same state where he is governor. And even when he left, he ensure his stooge (that would be Fashola) continues to award contracts to his companies?

Let me ask you, how do u thinks politicians steal from public purse, other than the blatant frauds and conflict of interest you shamelessly narrated as Tinubu smartness. How can stealing public fund in anyway be termed smart. Isn't it absurd?

Finally, you claim that other SW governors are like errand boys to him? Do they do this out of love or fear? What does that say for their quality and judgement? Whose interest do you think they will serve - Tinubu or their constituency?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Delafruita(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:
^^^
Let me get you clear. You are saying that indeed Tinubu not only stole from Lagos State. He set-up companies (perhaps while still a governor) to collect tax for Lagos state, and tell generously help himselvf from the collections. Furthermore, he other companies are also awarded contracts by the same state where he is governor. And even when he left, he ensure his stooge (that would be Fashola) continues to award contracts to his companies?

Let me ask you, how do u thinks politicians steal from public purse, other than the blatant frauds and conflict of interest you shamelessly narrated as Tinubu smartness. How can stealing public fund in anyway be termed smart. Isn't it absurd?

Finally, you claim that other SW governors are like errand boys to him? Do they do this out of love or fear? What does that say for their quality and judgement? Whose interest do you think they will serve - Tinubu or their constituency?
you seem to have poor comprehension skills.i admitted that tinubu took advantage of his position to enrich himself.by saying he is smart,i meant he didnt just transfer money from state account to himself.rather,he assigned duties to himself and carried out those duties at exorbitant rates.if he just stole the money,why havent the efcc been abble to find any evidence against him?when a man steals and does it in a smart manner,he should be applauded for his skills.

1 Like

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by nduchucks: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
Delafruita:
you seem to have poor comprehension skills.i admitted that tinubu took advantage of his position to enrich himself.by saying he is smart,i meant he didnt just transfer money from state account to himself.rather,he assigned duties to himself and carried out those duties at exorbitant rates.if he just stole the money,why havent the efcc been abble to find any evidence against him?when a man steals and does it in a smart manner,he should be applauded for his skills.

You should be ashamed of the bolded statement above. You should not applaud a man that steals under any condition unless your moral compass is completely defective.

1 Like

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by redsun(m): 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You should be ashamed of the bolded statement above. You should not applaud a man that steals under any condition unless your moral compass is completely defective.

He has evolved as a "nigerian" to accept roguery as honor.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Delafruita(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
ndu_chucks:

i dont applaud his stealing.i applaud his skill at stealing.like i admire victor lustig and yelllow kid wail
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Obiagu1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2012
PointB: Can anyone point out to curious Nairalanders how wealthy Tinubu is, how he made his money, and how much he is respected among folks in the SW. Information on his background is appreciated.

Please bigots should stay away from this thread, honest opinions and facts pls. Thanks.

To ask how wealthy Tinubu is is like asking how wealthy Col. Gaddafi was.
The wealth of Yorubaland belongs to him and he can, at any moment, dip his hand into any states fund for personal use.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by redsun(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
Delafruita:
i dont applaud his stealing.i applaud his skill at stealing.like i admire victor lustig and yelllow kid wail

Like billy d kid and capone.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
Delafruita:

Whether you applaud his stealing or his stealing skill, it's still a shameful act. It demonstrate your level of moral decadence. You should cover your face in shame.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
Obiagu1:

To ask how wealthy Tinubu is is like asking how wealthy Col. Gaddafi was.
The wealth of Yorubaland belongs to him and he can, at any moment, dip his hand into any states fund for personal use.

My brother na wa o. That would be mind-boggling. I am still hoping that along the line someone will pop up and explain to us how the guy made his first million naira.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
PointB: Can anyone point out to curious Nairalanders how wealthy is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, ex-governor of Lagos State and current leader of Action Congress of Nigeria (AC.N) How did he make his money, and how much he is respected among folks in the SW. Information on his background is appreciated.

Please bigots should stay away from this threa. Honest opinions and facts pls. Thanks.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Delafruita(m): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
PointB:

My brother na wa o. That would be mind-boggling. I am still hoping that along the line someone will pop up and explain to us how the guy made his first million naira.
just so you know,tinubu was wealthy before he became governor.he was the accountant for mobil oil for many years.as far back as 1991,he had over 13 foreign accounts and even became subject to an FBI enquiry because of the amount of money in those accounts.the inquiry found him innocent since the funds were proceeds of investments that included stocks and US bonds.he was a senator in the second republic and was one of the main financiers of nadeco during the abacha years.he didnt become governor as a pauper.he owned his house on bourdillon many years before contesting elections and to own a house on bourdillon back then is just as easy as owning a house on banana island today.stop creating this impression that tinubu became rich when he became governor

1 Like

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by BlackBaron: 11:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
Got to say I have a massive distrust of Nigerian politicians. Mine is how did he manage to float a private airline after his tenure. Same comes to mind with defunct albarka air.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 4:47am On Sep 07, 2012
@delafruita
How much was 'the accountant' of Mobil earning in 1991. What exactly did 'the accountant of mobil' need 13 foreign account for?

During NADECO era, Tinubu ran away from Nigeria, what work did he do, and how weas he able to fund NADECO while cowering in fear during his asylum days?

I am not creating impression. I am only asking questions
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by dayokanu(m): 5:50am On Sep 07, 2012
PointB:

How Tinubu made his first million Naira?

By working with Arthur Andersen in the US, Delloite and Touche and GTE

That was how he made his first 1million Naira

Next question? His first billion? By properly investing the million he made
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 5:57am On Sep 07, 2012
dayokanu:

How Tinubu made his first million Naira?

By working with Arthur Andersen in the US, Delloite and Touche and GTE

That was how he made his first 1million Naira

Next question? His first billion? By properly investing the million he made

Why all the confusion? Delafruita said Mobil and assorted foreign accounts, here you are stating multiple US companies. Na wa o
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by dayokanu(m): 6:12am On Sep 07, 2012
PointB:

Why all the confusion? Delafruita said Mobil and assorted foreign accounts, here you are stating multiple US companies. Na wa o

Which confusion? No one is Tinubus accountant or auditor.

Can you tell us categorically how Retardeen Jonathan made his fortunes?

Tinubus records have it that he worked in Arthur Andersen, Delloite and GTE in the early part of his career before returning to Nigeria to work for Mobil.

The money he made from those places he invested and became a billionaire

As at 1992 he was voted a senator and by 1994 he was a major financier of NADECO
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Delafruita(m): 8:25am On Sep 07, 2012
PointB: @delafruita
How much was 'the accountant' of Mobil earning in 1991. What exactly did 'the accountant of mobil' need 13 foreign account for?

During NADECO era, Tinubu ran away from Nigeria, what work did he do, and how weas he able to fund NADECO while cowering in fear during his asylum days?

I am not creating impression. I am only asking questions
like i said earlier,you have comprehension skills.the 13 foreign accounts were used for trading in US stocks and bonds.that was far back as 1991.in case your math skills are as bad as your comprehension skills,that was 21years ago

1 Like

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
^^^
You are the confused one here. He started trading stock in 1991, became a senator in 1994 (when Abacha was lord and master) and started funding NADECO almost immediately. Even as he was running for cover- to self imposed exile. And you think that is plausible?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
PointB: ^^^
You are the confused one here. He started trading stock in 1991, became a senator in 1994 (when Abacha was lord and master) and started funding NADECO almost immediately. Even as he was running for cover- to self imposed exile. And you think that is plausible?

Oh. He wasnt working before 1991? Or was he working for free before 1991?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by PointB: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
dayokanu:

Oh. He wasnt working before 1991? Or was he working for free before 1991?

And he made billions, abandoned the job, became politician briefly, ran to exile. Returns after 4year and lived happily ever after? No devil in the details?

Tell that fairy tale to the marines!
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2012
PointB:

And he made billions, abandoned the job, became politician briefly, ran to exile. Returns after 4year and lived happily ever after? No devil in the details?

Tell that fairy tale to the marines!

He was working in the US, Came to Nigeria worked with Mobil, resigned and joined Politics, ran for Senate, won the election went to exile, Came back and became Governor.

Which of these is confusing to you?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Goddess12: 1:05am On Sep 08, 2012
Why don't you ask how rich your useless govs are worth or they are not worth creating topics over? you ibo imbeciles should be worried about your govs for taking you to the cleaners with nothing to show for it

1 Like

Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Goddess12: 1:08am On Sep 08, 2012
you are so insecure omo ti obo bi
Omojuo: Simple calculation
Step 1------- multiply Lagos state allocation by 8years
Step2--------multiply state generated revenue by 8yrs
Step3------- add the sum together
Step4------- deduct the salaries of Lagos state staff, and appointee

SIR, THE ANSWER IS HIS CURRENT ACCOUNT BALANCE.
WE KNOW THAT HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR 8yrs. Chikenah
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Goddess12: 1:11am On Sep 08, 2012
Again you guys need to divert your energy toward your region so that when nigeria divides you can have a place to return to
BeraBera: He is rich enough to travel with his troops to USA to squander Lagosians's money.
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Goddess12: 1:14am On Sep 08, 2012
If Tinubu is stealing in Lagos, who is stealing in your state?
Joeadamu86: Do we need a soothsayer to tell us that TINUBU is a rogue,abeg....someone that was fighting Fashola over contracts and distracting him for doing excellent work in Lagos,someone that manipulated his wife to the senate,I want to assure you the even TINUBU himself cannot answer your question.The question should be,how much has TINUBU stole from Lagos state coffers?
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Goddess12: 1:15am On Sep 08, 2012
focus on iboland or your people abhor good leadership?
PointB:

Overriding public interest! People want to know those who aspire to lead them. The people have the right to know!
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Goddess12: 1:21am On Sep 08, 2012
charity begins at home, you need to kill off your state gov before worrying your gay a.s.s over what your neighbors are doing
Idokojimmy: God help us. Between 99 to 2007, Tinubu reportedly drained Lagos state treasury carting away virtualy everything. He deposited the stolen monies abroad in about 16 foreign accounts,and Was later charged to court by Code of Conduct Tribunal. Being a wise thief, he hired the finest lawyer Wole Olanikpekun(SAN) who spoke plenty of grammar in court challenging the competence Of the tribunal to handle the case, citing territorial jurisdiction. Tinubu collapsed in court during the trial and later the case died down. Ofcourse James Ibori was never convicted in Nigeria. So Nlanders, guess how much will be in each account and multiply it by 16. Then feed ur eyes. NA thief man eye him get
Re: How Wealthy (Rich) Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 08, 2012
usmanyaro17: TINUBU has amass public money,so he is very wealthy with I'll gotten money he made as a governor in rich Lagos state and from the dues he is receiving from his boys in the south west...

You mean his "District officers"? aka Governors in his private company "ACN" grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. / "Hold Us Responsible": Peter Obi Assures Nigerians Of Tackling Insecurity / Economic Hardship: Nigerians Will Smile Soon, Says Edun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.