Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (15555 Views)

Frosbel Is Highly Questionable / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
Enigma:

He has indeed been getting quite some support from a range of 'Muhammadians' on his various threads although, if you notice, the vast majority of his supporters are actually Jehovah's Witnesses with further support coming from misguided professing Christians and some non-Christians with an axe to grind. smiley

Oh common Enigma, how old are you , grow up grin

It must be so painful to see your pet idol totally torn to shreds, it is a myth which has no place in christendom.

Go over all the Internet and thousands and thousands of evangelicals are turning away from idols Trinity to serve the living GOD.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by ijawkid(m): 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
Enigma:

He has indeed been getting quite some support from a range of 'Muhammadians' on his various threads although, if you notice, the vast majority of his supporters are actually Jehovah's Witnesses with further support coming from misguided professing Christians and some non-Christians with an axe to grind. smiley

Why is it that when persons repudiate the trinity dogma u turn around to point hands @ the witnesses....

The scriptures do not support the trinity...

Blame the bible and stop involving the Jw's.....

The trinity dogma has always been debunked by the bible and will continue to.........

Many persons will learn truths from the bible and stop clinging to the pagan triology....

you guys should do the same...

Be humble enough to always concur that ""Yahweh our God is the only true God and 1 Yahweh""

Jehovahs witnesses never wrote that part of the bible....

The truth is staring @ you guys right in the face......

Stop pointing fingers and face the bible......

2 Likes

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by truthislight: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Goshen360:

Oh okay. I was asking you the same question about this because this came up from the quote you gave in the other thread. For you to say God's Spirit is the same as Holy Spirit and it is not distinct from the Holy Spirit in the Godhead means you admit God having a BODILY FORM and the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, not a third being of the Godhead.

I went further to ask you, If the Holy Spirit wasn't distinct from God who is a Spirit, how then do you deny the existence of the third being of the Godhead? I will also like you to end this matter and that is why I opened this thread......your recent articles against trinity does nothing other than to divide the body of Christ especially here on this forum. Being apologetics doesn't divide the body but explains the reasons for our believe.

Maybe you need to sit and relax and take another look at most of your thread about this trinity stuff being discussed recently. I trust God to strengthen you the more in the Lord. God bless you brother.

in other words you are saying that he should not help people to reason from the scriptures again like he is doing now, so that all should remain as it was in the dark ages where people were not allowed to read the bible or ask questions and simply swallow the lie that is the trinity whole sell or risk being killed.

Well, christ must have been a very bad person for exposing the pharisees during his time on earth.

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by truthislight: 10:17am On Oct 07, 2012
Enigma: Historical evidence certainly shows that the apostles believed Jesus Christ to be God. First, they said so themselves in the Bible; second, the people who were taught by the apostles e.g. Polycarp also reflected this in their own writings; third, even secular (non-Christian) writers reflected this e.g. Pliny the younger saying the early Christians sang hymns to Jesus as to a God. smiley

cool

i dont know were you are heading to.

But we know that the word God is a title that is given to entities that received worshipful honour.

Which of the many gods there is only ONE true God Yahweh. 1corinthians 8:5

so, even though Jesus is called God does not means what trinity/trinitarians are saying.

And again, Jesus is not Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by truthislight: 10:29am On Oct 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Why is it that when persons repudiate the trinity dogma u turn around to point hands @ the witnesses....

The scriptures do not support the trinity...

Blame the bible and stop involving the Jw's.....

The trinity dogma has always been debunked by the bible and will continue to.........

Many persons will learn truths from the bible and stop clinging to the pagan triology....

you guys should do the same...

Be humble enough to always concur that ""Yahweh our God is the only true God and 1 Yahweh""

Jehovahs witnesses never wrote that part of the bible....

The truth is staring @ you guys right in the face......

Stop pointing fingers and face the bible......

Ofcouse trinity is not founded in the bible but is founded on tradition.

Though they like to take people through corrupted history of RCC that they allow on the net and people follow it and get deceived.

After RCC have killed all desenting voices and burnt their writings.

I just wander why people put their trust on such history. ?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2012
truthislight:

But we know that the word God is a title that is given to entities that received worshipful honour.

so, even though Jesus is called God does not means what trinity/trinitarians are saying.

Thank you brother, I couldn't have said it better, Jesus can be called God but he isn't Yahweh! They are two separate entities, with Yahweh being the Oga Kpata Kpata, shikena~!
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Ayomivic(m): 11:12am On Oct 07, 2012
frosbel: I will keep fighting against the TRINITY.
You are not God.Keep it on. I hope you will not ended like Saul(Paul) who thought he was fighting for God unknow he was fighting against God.Go out there and aske Christians a simple question that, how many God do you have? You will not see one that would say three. I am Catholic's member and i believed in trinity and i believed that God is one. The holy spirit is my guide not you. If it is so hard for you believe, stick to what you believed. May God help us.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Ayomivic(m): 11:13am On Oct 07, 2012
frosbel: I will keep fighting against the TRINITY.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2012
The Unknowable God

The Trinity Doctrine is impossible to understand, yet understanding our relationship to God is central in gaining salvation and understanding many other gospel doctrines. In fact the Bible tells us that our very eternal life depends on knowing HIM.

John 17: 3 - And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Bottom line, the 3-in-one monster conjured up by the Trinity is an unknowable being. The Trinity is confusion, and that is NOT of God, but of the devil.(See 1 Cor. 14: 33)

Honest theologians and priests will even admit that there is no way to "understand" the Trinity. They will argue that the mortal mind cannot grasp it but only "comprehend" some of it, but even that is a stretch when the scripture states that our very eternal life depends on KNOWING Him.

I also believe that if there was one doctrine that we should fully understand, it SHOULD be the one about the character and nature of God, and that he'd be a mean son of a gun to give us no way of understanding this very basic and important aspect of the gospel.

If you know anything about the history of the Nicean council, you also know that the framers of this gibberish themselves actually knew that what they were outlining was incomprehensible. That leads you to another problematic question... If the theologian/writers of the Trinity KNEW it was beyond the understanding of men. Then, as MEN, how do they know that they got it right in the first place?

That leads us to the final part of the argument. The lack of spiritual evidence that this doctrine is accepted by God.

As I have argued, this is a key doctrine that is pivotal to understand which touches most if not all other gospel principals and doctrines, yet there is no evidence of spiritual manifestations, or any kind of confirmation by the spirit for the conclusion of Nicea.

Again, anyone who takes time to read and study the history of the Nicean Creed will be struck by the strictly political atmosphere of the whole event--thats it.

If you take your examples from the Bible you will notice that most all of the major events in scripture were attended by angels, had manifestations of the Holy Spirit, or miraculous happenings of some sort or another. Yet at Nicea, none of the attendants reported angels appearing, cloven tongues of fire, or even a simple voice from heaven. Everything went off like a session of congress with everybody trying to please the Roman Emperor.

If this IS a pivotal doctrine, why wouldn't there be SOME record of a miraculous occurance that could be pointed to as acceptance by God?

So there you have it. I think these common sense reasons are valid and very strong against the Trinity being a true doctrine. I believe that most Christian Churches of the day have accepted it simply because it is a tradition. If you can argue against any of this, I'd love to hear it.

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Pygru: 7:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Debroslink: 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
frosbel: The Unknowable God

The Trinity Doctrine is impossible to understand, yet understanding our relationship to God is central in gaining salvation and understanding many other gospel doctrines. In fact the Bible tells us that our very eternal life depends on knowing HIM.

John 17: 3 - And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Bottom line, the 3-in-one monster conjured up by the Trinity is an unknowable being. The Trinity is confusion, and that is NOT of God, but of the devil.(See 1 Cor. 14: 33)

Honest theologians and priests will even admit that there is no way to "understand" the Trinity. They will argue that the mortal mind cannot grasp it but only "comprehend" some of it, but even that is a stretch when the scripture states that our very eternal life depends on KNOWING Him.

I also believe that if there was one doctrine that we should fully understand, it SHOULD be the one about the character and nature of God, and that he'd be a mean son of a gun to give us no way of understanding this very basic and important aspect of the gospel.

If you know anything about the history of the Nicean council, you also know that the framers of this gibberish themselves actually knew that what they were outlining was incomprehensible. That leads you to another problematic question... If the theologian/writers of the Trinity KNEW it was beyond the understanding of men. Then, as MEN, how do they know that they got it right in the first place?

That leads us to the final part of the argument. The lack of spiritual evidence that this doctrine is accepted by God.

As I have argued, this is a key doctrine that is pivotal to understand which touches most if not all other gospel principals and doctrines, yet there is no evidence of spiritual manifestations, or any kind of confirmation by the spirit for the conclusion of Nicea.

Again, anyone who takes time to read and study the history of the Nicean Creed will be struck by the strictly political atmosphere of the whole event--thats it.

If you take your examples from the Bible you will notice that most all of the major events in scripture were attended by angels, had manifestations of the Holy Spirit, or miraculous happenings of some sort or another. Yet at Nicea, none of the attendants reported angels appearing, cloven tongues of fire, or even a simple voice from heaven. Everything went off like a session of congress with everybody trying to please the Roman Emperor.

If this IS a pivotal doctrine, why wouldn't there be SOME record of a miraculous occurance that could be pointed to as acceptance by God?

So there you have it. I think these common sense reasons are valid and very strong against the Trinity being a true doctrine. I believe that most Christian Churches of the day have accepted it simply because it is a tradition. If you can argue against any of this, I'd love to hear it.

Jesus was not referring to the Father alone in the bold part. The ONLY TRUE GOD who sent Christ refers to both the Father and the Holy Spirit. Please read Isaiah 48:16 which says "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; and from the time it was, there am I: and now the Lord God and His Spirit has sent me". The above verse was spoken by Christ Himself.
The above verse was fulfilled in John 17:3.

2 Likes

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
Debroslink:

Jesus was not referring to the Father alone in the bold part. The ONLY TRUE GOD who sent Christ refers to both the Father and the Holy Spirit. Please read Isaiah 48:16 which says "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; and from the time it was, there am I: and now the Lord God and His Spirit has sent me". The above verse was spoken by Christ Himself.
The above verse was fulfilled in John 17:3.

you have turned this one on it's head, it says the Lord GOD and his Spirit which is surely referring to one person and not 2, God works through his Spirit, that's how he fills the whole earth, how he created the world, how he interacts with mankind, how he raised Jesus from the dead, it is not a separate person from GOD, stop twisting scripture to support a PAGAN trinity.

Besides where was Jesus in this verse, since the Trinity is 3, surely Jesus should have been mentioned , no ?

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Debroslink: 11:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
frosbel:

you have turned this one on it's head, it says the Lord GOD and his Spirit which is surely referring to one person and not 2, God works through his Spirit, that's how he fills the whole earth, how he created the world, how he interacts with mankind, how he raised Jesus from the dead, it is not a separate person from GOD, stop twisting scripture to support a PAGAN trinity.

Besides where was Jesus in this verse, since the Trinity is 3, surely Jesus should have been mentioned , no ?

You are the one twisting the scriptures here. The Lord God AND his Spirit clearly shows two separate persons here. You were the one seperating God AND Saviour Jesus Christ using the word AND in Titus 2:13, no? Now you are saying God and His Spirit are one person. See how confused you are...
Furthermore, you don't need a priest to tell you that it was Jesus who said the Lord God and his Spirit has sent Him according to Isaiah 48:16, which was fulfilled in John 17:3
Read it again... Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; and from the time it was, there am I: and now the Lord God and His Spirit has sent me". Was Isaiah the I AM in the beginning?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
Debroslink:

You are the one twisting the scriptures here. The Lord God AND his Spirit clearly shows two separate persons here. You were the one seperating God AND Saviour Jesus Christ using the word AND in Titus 2:13, no? Now you are saying God and His Spirit are one person. See how confused you are...
Furthermore, you don't need a priest to tell you that it was Jesus who said the Lord God and his Spirit has sent Him according to Isaiah 48:16, which was fulfilled in John 17:3
Read it again... Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; and from the time it was, there am I: and now the Lord God and His Spirit has sent me". Was Isaiah the I AM in the beginning?

You do err not knowing the scriptures.

1. I AM is a singular expression which immediately debunks your 2 person myth with regard to this verse of scripture.
2. In all the scriptures you quoted , not ONE mentions a 3 person GOD , at best 2 entities are always mentioned.
3. The bible says that GOD is Spirit, by you saying God and his Spirit means 2 different personalities, apart from poor scholarship , does not add up because God has ONE Spirit not 2 , but if we take your logic , it means GOD has 2 Spirits , something alien to scripture.
4. In Revelation 22, there is a mention of the throne of God the Father and His Son, but nothing about the Holy Spirit, hmm, I wonder why.
5. Isaiah saw 1 throne, Ezekiel saw 1 throne , Daniel saw 1 throne, John saw 1 throne, can you tell the house why there is only one throne, why not 3 , one for God the Father, one for the Spirit and one for Jesus.
6. The Bible says that GOD is the head of Jesus, does this mean that God is the head of his SON or does it mean God is the head of GOD ?
7. In Heb 1:9 , it says Jesus has a God , what does this mean.

Mate, don't confuse yourself, God is ONE, I believe Jesus when he said :

Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

2 Likes

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Debroslink: 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
frosbel:

You do err not knowing the scriptures.

1. I AM is a singular expression which immediately debunks your 2 person myth with regard to this verse of scripture.
2. In all the scriptures you quoted , not ONE mentions a 3 person GOD , at best 2 entities are always mentioned.
3. The bible says that GOD is Spirit, by you saying God and his Spirit means 2 different personalities, apart from poor scholarship , does not add up because God has ONE Spirit not 2 , but if we take your logic , it means GOD has 2 Spirits , something alien to scripture.
4. In Revelation 22, there is a mention of the throne of God the Father and His Son, but nothing about the Holy Spirit, hmm, I wonder why.
5. Isaiah saw 1 throne, Ezekiel saw 1 throne , Daniel saw 1 throne, John saw 1 throne, can you tell the house why there is only one throne, why not 3 , one for God the Father, one for the Spirit and one for Jesus.
6. The Bible says that GOD is the head of Jesus, does this mean that God is the head of his SON or does it mean God is the head of GOD ?
7. In Heb 1:9 , it says Jesus has a God , what does this mean.

Mate, don't confuse yourself, God is ONE, I believe Jesus when he said :

Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

YOU ERR... NOT KNOWING THE MYSTERY OF THE SCRIPTURES...

Bible said God is a [/b]Spirit does not mean God is THE Spirit. God, the Father is naturally a Spirit just like the angels and even demons, but He is different from the Holy Spirit who is a personality on His own. That is why Isaiah 48:16 differentiated the Father from the Holy Spirit....

Concerning Thrones in heaven Rev 3:21 says "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me on MY throne, even as I overcame and [b]am set down with My Father on His throne

Christ has a throne, but this verse said He sits with His Father on His throne. What does that tell u? The throne of the Father is the throne of Christ. Throne represents power and authority. This clearly shows that Christ and the Father share the same power and authority because there is but one throne above all...

Heb 1:9 shows Jesus has a God, likewise Heb 1:8 also shows that the Father has a God too. no?
Read that Heb 1:9 again shows u a mystery...

"Thou has loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, even thy God has anointed Thee with oil and gladness above THY FELLOWS". Note the bold part... thy fellows
if Jesus is God, he has His fellows or colleagues. Who are they?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Here comes my sincere heart to my dearest brother Frosbel in your recent fight against the Holy Spirit. I believe we should be silent on issue of the Kingdom we don't fully comprehend yet. It's not everything topic of the Bible I understand myself but certainly not like that Trinity.

It is true and fact that the word "Trinity" doesn't occur in the bible but it is a word used to explain the concept of The father, Son and Holy Spirit being called God and these three are distinct but one in unity and purpose of redemption. To say that the Holy Spirit don't exist is great error. All I have seen you believe in rescent time is that, God have a bodily form which makes him have a spirit and therefore there is nothing like the Holy Spirit but the spirit of God because God, the Father has a bodily form. Now, if the Father is called God, the Son is called God and the Holy Spirit is called God, what then is hard to comprehend about Trinity? I don't see anything difficult therein.

The bible teaches that God is Spirit and if a Spirit CANNOT have or possess another Spirit, it will therefore mean that Holy Spirit exist on its own as a distinct being. My heart goes out to you brother Frosbel to please take more time to study the concept of Trinity. If you don't fully comprehend it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. What you end up doing with this new fight against the reality of the Holy Spirit is to divide the body and also attempt to put the Holy Spirit into extinction which is dangerous.

I can understand the teaching of Trinity is confusing as some teachers make it look but it is not when we actually take time with the one who inspires the word of God, then we get a better understanding. I hope this helps. Thank you and God bless you.

Have you not now joined him in perpetuating his heresies since you couldn't beat him in his fight against the Holy Spirit? Birds of the same feather, flock together.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Have you not now joined him in perpetuating his heresies since you couldn't beat him in his fight against the Holy Spirit? Birds of the same feather, flock together.

When you stop propagating witchcraft I will stop perpetuating 'heresies'.

btw, let us know when you have purged your church of the leaven of hypocrisy.

smiley
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Emusan(m): 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
frosbel:

When you stop propagating witchcraft I will stop perpetuating 'heresies'.

btw, let us know when you have purged your church of the leaven of hypocrisy.

smiley

I so much like your signature but sometimes the way you interpret scriptures always piss me off on your threads.

John 14:10 "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

You quoted this very verse and bold the last sentence but neglected the first statement with color. This very first statement has ended any arguement about TRINITY.

Imagine Frosbel is in Emusan and Emusan is in Frosbel....does it mean anything to you?

In Phil 2:6-11 ".......9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name(including God's name):
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven(God reside in heaven), and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

in these verses you'll see that God keeps exalting Himself in different forms.

Do you think that 'at the name of Jesus' God should bow?

The word 'Name' itself is an abstract Noun. Someone can have more than one name it doesn't mean the person is splited into many.

More and more to say about the trinity but time will not allow me.

TRINITY simply means GOD: the Father, the Son, and the Holyspirit NOT God of the Father, God of the Son, and God of the Holyspirit-three Gods.

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Ubenedictus(m): 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The above bolded is a blatant lie the apostles never believed Jesus was God, they clearly knew he was the son of God which makes him a divine being but he is not the same person as God the father.
nobody said jesus is the same person as the father so please stop confusing issues. To say the apostles never believed that jesus is GOD just brings us back to the discussion goshen is having with frosbel. Why did thomas call Jesus ''my lord and my God"?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Ubenedictus(m): 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
truthislight:

please correct me if i misunderstood, do you mean to say Jesus merits and truly recieves "worshipful honor" (whatever dat means)? So in what sense was jesus called God?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Ubenedictus(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
seriallink:

Thank you brother, I couldn't have said it better, Jesus can be called God but he isn't Yahweh! They are two separate entities, with Yahweh being the Oga Kpata Kpata, shikena~!
please explain why the scriptures say the father the son and the holyspirit have a singular name not names?
Cf matt 28:19
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 16, 2013
lol brother frosbel is very wrong on this one oh.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 16, 2013
seriallink:

It might do you some good to go through anony verses deepsight thread on YHWH issue.It was dramatically resolved there. cool
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2013
@Bidam, beloved bro, how's the work front? Any new development?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by truthislight: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2013
Emusan:

I so much like your signature but sometimes the way you interpret scriptures always piss me off on your threads.

John 14:10 "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

You quoted this very verse and bold the last sentence but neglected the first statement with color. This very first statement has ended any arguement about TRINITY.

Imagine Frosbel is in Emusan and Emusan is in Frosbel....does it mean anything to you?

In Phil 2:6-11 ".......9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name(including God's name):
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven(God reside in heaven), and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

in these verses you'll see that God keeps exalting Himself in different forms.

Do you think that 'at the name of Jesus' God should bow?

The word 'Name' itself is an abstract Noun. Someone can have more than one name it doesn't mean the person is splited into many.

More and more to say about the trinity but time will not allow me.

TRINITY simply means GOD: the Father, the Son, and the Holyspirit NOT God of the Father, God of the Son, and God of the Holyspirit-three Gods.

"For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:27-28).
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=Emusan]

But Christ is also in us, does that mean we are Christ ?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

Not that our flesh/body members can comprehend, we make up the mystical body of Christ.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by debosky(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel: The Unknowable God

Knowing God is different from understanding God.

There is a limit to our understanding of God - we need to accept that as fact. However, that does not prevent us from knowing Him.

Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
I worship God because I know he is great - I know this because I have some understanding of his greatness, not a complete understanding - because no one can fathom his greatness.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 16, 2013
Ihedinobi: @Bidam, beloved bro, how's the work front? Any new development?
Bro..nothing o.Still trusting God though.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by debosky(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2013
@ Frosbel

Can you explain who/what the Comforter is?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you

Note the Comforter/Advocate/Helper is prefixed by 'Another' - indicating a distinct, separate personality. Can you explain your understanding of this briefly.

Can you also explain who/what this Spirit is?

Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 16, 2013
debosky:

Knowing God is different from understanding God.

There is a limit to our understanding of God - we need to accept that as fact. However, that does not prevent us from knowing Him.

Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
I worship God because I know he is great - I know this because I have some understanding of his greatness, not a complete understanding - because no one can fathom his greatness.

I am sure if it was impossible to understand GOD , the bible will be irrelevant.

In fact Jesus came to reveal the father so that we will know him and UNDERSTAND his character, plan and purpose.

This hiding behind the word 'mystery' is an untenable position.

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Tgirl4real(f): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2013
Goshen360: Here comes my sincere heart to my dearest brother Frosbel in your recent fight against the Holy Spirit. I believe we should be silent on issue of the Kingdom we don't fully comprehend yet. It's not everything topic of the Bible I understand myself but certainly not like that Trinity.

It is true and fact that the word "Trinity" doesn't occur in the bible but it is a word used to explain the concept of The father, Son and Holy Spirit being called God and these three are distinct but one in unity and purpose of redemption. To say that the Holy Spirit don't exist is great error. All I have seen you believe in rescent time is that, God have a bodily form which makes him have a spirit and therefore there is nothing like the Holy Spirit but the spirit of God because God, the Father has a bodily form. Now, if the Father is called God, the Son is called God and the Holy Spirit is called God, what then is hard to comprehend about Trinity? I don't see anything difficult therein.

The bible teaches that God is Spirit and if a Spirit CANNOT have or possess another Spirit, it will therefore mean that Holy Spirit exist on its own as a distinct being. My heart goes out to you brother Frosbel to please take more time to study the concept of Trinity. If you don't fully comprehend it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. What you end up doing with this new fight against the reality of the Holy Spirit is to divide the body and also attempt to put the Holy Spirit into extinction which is dangerous.

I can understand the teaching of Trinity is confusing as some teachers make it look but it is not when we actually take time with the one who inspires the word of God, then we get a better understanding. I hope this helps. Thank you and God bless you.

Oh! Great!

I was about opening a thread to call on you, frosbel, Drummerboy, Shedemide(pardon me if I got it wrong cheesy ) and others to discuss based on this statement made by Frosbel on another thread;

frosbel:

There is ONE GOD.

Jesus is not GOD , he is the SON of GOD.

smiley

And I asked if Jesus is lesser than God and he said;

frosbel:

God is God and Jesus is the Son of GOD, this is what Peter and Nathaniel said and I believe them.

I sure need more explanation and clarity here.

Let me go through the thread first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Music: Tujuka ~ Evang. Bunmi Akinnanu Adeoye [omije Ojumi] / What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / How Do You Feel When You Fall Under The Anointing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.