Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated (7301 Views)

Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Wike Visits Dilapidated Secondary School (photos) / b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by EzePromoe: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2012
When we talk of Biafra, or anything pertaining to disintegration, you term it as stupidity and non-challancy. Now tell me even if we remain in Nigeria, are we part of Nigeria? Since after the civil war all the geo-political zone have tested presidency save the South East, and some bigots upon their mouth to say we aren't due or aren't fit to rule nation, and you will call us Nigerians? Thanks to the hardworking and economical effort of the Igbos, if not Nigeria would be no different from the middle east. My God! This has gone beyond marginalization.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by honeric01(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem: Ebele Azikwe Jonathan is on top of the situation. Be calm.

He's their pikin na, so why are they complaining? he said roads are better now and proudly-igbo attested to that, so why are you people in the east complaining?
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2012
musiwa7: why dont your governor repair it.. why should the federal govt repair it for.. all federal road should be handed over too all state. federal govt should not own any road in nigeria my friend..

^^^On the bolded: no wahala.....just as soon as we have fiscal federalism and 50% derivation of resources found in any region. We wouldn't have been asking for federal gov't intervention in anything if you leave our resources for us to manage the way we deem fit.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2012
honeric01:

He's their pikin na, so why are they complaining? he said roads are better now and proudly-igbo attested to that, so why are you people in the east complaining?

^^^Pray, can you point to where in my initial post i said roads in the south-east are better now under GEJ?

Cheers.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Francuiz: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=musiwa7]why dont your governor repair it.. why should the federal govt repair it for.. all federal road should be handed over too all state. federal govt should not own any road in nigeria my friend.. Wat did you take this morning? It looks like you are high
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Oddy1983: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2012
CHESS BOARD:

Musiwa , You asked a question and you also answer it, I am surprised this is coming from a geography teacher, you should know better undecided
. Keep Ůr comment if U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt understand. No man Ȋ̝̊̅§ an Island Ợ̥​f̶̲̥̅̊​ Knowledge. Some1 cant stil enlight U̶̲̥̅̊ on Ůr discipline
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by TonySpike: 10:55am On Oct 02, 2012
Eze Promoe: When we talk of Biafra, or anything pertaining to disintegration, you term it as stupidity and non-challancy. Now tell me even if we remain in Nigeria, are we part of Nigeria? Since after the civil war all the geo-political zone have tested presidency save the South East, and some bigots upon their mouth to say we aren't due or aren't fit to rule nation, and you will call us Nigerians? Thanks to the hardworking and economical effort of the Igbos, if not Nigeria would be no different from the middle east. My God! This has gone beyond marginalization.

In the Nigeria of today, having your kinsman as the president means nothing and nothing. Tell me, what will having an Igbo president achieve when your governors aren't currently doing enough? What has Yar'adua, Obasanjo and even Jonathan done for their respective zones while in power, other than to enrich a few sycophants. The best option left for anyone region in Nigeria is to push for regional autonomy and resource control. This is the only way you can be truly independent of the Federal Government delay tactics. Enough said...

1 Like

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by eaglechild: 11:11am On Oct 02, 2012
There are NO federal ROADS in the south east.
What we have are bush paths and death traps.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by ochukoccna: 11:14am On Oct 02, 2012
@ op, stop getting worked up
Look at the bigger picture for
[size=28pt]Nigeria herself is dilapidated[/size] shocked shocked shocked
Question is, how do we break her up or if we are still interested in keeping her as 1, restructure wink wink
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by honeric01(m): 11:17am On Oct 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Pray, can you point to where in my initial post i said roads in the south-east are better now under GEJ?

Cheers.

PROUD-IGBO:
I think of all the geo-political zones, the south east has the worst federal roads.

Please can somebody tell me what OBJ did in/for the south east from 1999 to 2007 (apart from Onitsha-Owerri road)? Besides what we got in the general scheme of things (like GSM), that pot-bellied bastard did next to nothing: not 2nd niger bridge, not Onitsha river port, not upgrading the status of Enugu airport and reconstructing it, not Benin-Ore road, not Port Harcourt-Enugu road, not siting any federal industry/factory in the south east, not attracting nation building institutions to the south east like you have in Zaria/Kaduna/Lagos.....that man and his friends in the core north are the problem of Ndigbo, and have just been acting out the script of holding Igbos down and ensuring nothing happens in the south east.....and you wonder at the social/economic problems our youth are facing today?

It's only with the coming of GEJ that we finally have some sense of belonging.

God is watching, and no wicked deed goes unpunished!

Meaning, he has done something about the bad roads.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Toktee(m): 11:19am On Oct 02, 2012
You guys voted 4 Jonathan with knowledge that he will be a solution to your problems,why are you complaining now
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by ochukoccna: 11:24am On Oct 02, 2012
Tony Spike:

In the Nigeria of today, having your kinsman as the president means nothing and nothing. Tell me, what will having an Igbo president achieve when your governors aren't currently doing enough? What has Yar'adua, Obasanjo and even Jonathan done for their respective zones while in power, other than to enrich a few sycophants. The best option left for anyone region in Nigeria is to push for regional autonomy and resource control. This is the only way you can be truly independent of the Federal Government delay tactics. Enough said...

A very brilliant articulation from my brother across the Niger river
I wonder why majority of Igbo elite are not advancing this position as their primary option with single mindedness undecided undecided
Rather, few are speaking out for Igbo presidency 2015 whilst the remainder have lined up behind Ebele 2015 embarassed embarassed
Pray will that change anything?
Insanity is said to be doing the same thing and experiencing the same results
[size=18pt]The current Nigerian state structure is unworkable and not sustainable[/size]
[size=18pt]Guess we have many Igbo leaders who should join Yoruba, Northern and SS elite in the psychiatric ward lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry[/size]

1 Like

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by strangest(m): 12:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
okpara ugo: Am angry as you see me. There is no week i dont fix something in my car when am in the south east. The cost of fixing my car now has exceeded the cost of fuelling it.

Can you imagine that after visiting Aba this week, my car A.C. stopped funtioning thesame day? The wheel alignment i fixed in Aba before leaving malfunctioned after the trip. The number of accidented trailers on the way were about 10. All or most of their goods destroyed. Yet Road Safety Officials are on thesame roads harrassing innocent commuters. What is the essence of having Road Safety Commission in Nigeria I guess to pick up dead bodies on our roads, because we actually have no roads. Travelling has recently become a nightmare in the south east. The harsh economic situation being experienced by Nigerians is largely due to unmotorable roads. When one spends N10,000 in a week fuelling his car and then N15,000 same period fixing damages due to bad roads, you now understand the situation. Movement of goods is virtually impossible, venturing out with your own personal car is scary on what should be smooth express lanes linking cities in the south east.

Let this news get to our leaders that they are pushing the masses to the wall.

you didn't state the type of car that you were traveling in, (I mean, is it new, tokunbo or registered)?? You may be blaming an old car issue on the road, #justthinkingoutsidethebox

1 Like

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by tmontee: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
strangest:

you didn't state the type of car that you were traveling in, (I mean, is it new, tokunbo or registered)?? You may be blaming an old car issue on the road, #justthinkingoutsidethebox

It seems to me that you are thinking outside a very small box still within another small box, otherwise you would get the message being passed tongue. Fyi, the state of the federal roads in the country today is no respecter of car types.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by banki(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
I think of all the geo-political zones, the south east has the worst federal roads.

Please can somebody tell me what OBJ did in/for the south east from 1999 to 2007 (apart from Onitsha-Owerri road)? Besides what we got in the general scheme of things (like GSM), that pot-bellied bastard did next to nothing: not 2nd niger bridge, not Onitsha river port, not upgrading the status of Enugu airport and reconstructing it, not Benin-Ore road, not Port Harcourt-Enugu road, not siting any federal industry/factory in the south east, not attracting nation building institutions to the south east like you have in Zaria/Kaduna/Lagos.....that man and his friends in the core north are the problem of Ndigbo, and have just been acting out the script of holding Igbos down and ensuring nothing happens in the south east.....and you wonder at the social/economic problems our youth are facing today?

So who are the wicked? and what do you mean by sense of belonging, if Objs government did not bring development to the south east , what then was the south east doing with 6 differnet sente presidents how come none of them never raised an alarm in the hallowed chambers through out that period? was oknojo iweala not the minister of finance why didnt she influence the construction of new roads and fixing of the existing ones, was obiageli ezekwesili not the minister of education, was Barth Nnaji not a minister then? what were they now doing at the FEC, or what sence of blonging are you talking about.

God would surely punish the wicked all members of PDP that have perpetualy kept nigeria in darkness which GEJ is a member and a leader for that matter, what people like you fail to understand is that corruption has no race or tribe... stop using the name of God in vain

[b]PROUD-IGBO:

[/b]PROUD-IGBO:

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by banki(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

So who are the wicked? and what do you mean by sense of belonging, if Objs government did not bring development to the south east , what then was the south east doing with 6 differnet sente presidents how come none of them never raised an alarm in the hallowed chambers through out that period? was oknojo iweala not the minister of finance why didnt she influence the construction of new roads and fixing of the existing ones, was obiageli ezekwesili not the minister of education, was Barth Nnaji not a minister then? what were they now doing at the FEC, or what sence of blonging are you talking about.

God would surely punish the wicked all members of PDP that have perpetualy kept nigeria in darkness which GEJ is a member and a leader for that matter, what people like you fail to understand is that corruption has no race or tribe... stop using the name of God in vain

[b]PROUD-IGBO:

[/b]PROUD-IGBO:

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by ypzilanti: 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
Government should share the Federal Ministry of works money to the states to fix their roads. This over centralization thing is not working at all.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by ooconsider(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
okpara ugo: Am angry as you see me. There is no week i dont fix something in my car when am in the south east. The cost of fixing my car now has exceeded the cost of fuelling it.

Can you imagine that after visiting Aba this week, my car A.C. stopped funtioning thesame day? The wheel alignment i fixed in Aba before leaving malfunctioned after the trip. The number of accidented trailers on the way were about 10. All or most of their goods destroyed. Yet Road Safety Officials are on thesame roads harrassing innocent commuters. What is the essence of having Road Safety Commission in Nigeria I guess to pick up dead bodies on our roads, because we actually have no roads. Travelling has recently become a nightmare in the south east. The harsh economic situation being experienced by Nigerians is largely due to unmotorable roads. When one spends N10,000 in a week fuelling his car and then N15,000 same period fixing damages due to bad roads, you now understand the situation. Movement of goods is virtually impossible, venturing out with your own personal car is scary on what should be smooth express lanes linking cities in the south east.

Let this news get to our leaders that they are pushing the masses to the wall.
No u all got it wrong,south East can only get what she wants only when she is ready to carry arms. Thats d language naija understand most.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
They dnt ply them they fly.

When the complaints become unbearable for them they decide to release fund to 'rehabilitate' the road. After passing tru choking protocols,a hyper bloated budget is made.

Contractors,lobby to get the job even tho they hvnt got the capacity construct a durable road.

Contractors do shady work,slugglisly(u know the usual sign nah...'SLOW MEN AT WORK') pour sand and black mud on the road...yessssooo!! work finished!!! Nt forgetting the corresponding media hype!

e concern them?...what is on their mind is to recover their money spent on lobbying,then they make mega gain.

Next, they blind the involved ministries and agencies with bribe.

And governors and elders either get their own share or keep mute for political benefits.

Then on the day of commissioning(an annoying practice of our politicians) the project,the president or representatives arrives with jets. they are taken through the best built part of the road... They get satisfied after few kilometers. Turns around and fly back to abuja.

Few months later,the road is infestated with deadly potholes or rain washes it off completely.

Then,people complain again,and the cycle is repeated again.

They do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result...that's a better definition of foolishness!

Naija i hail thee!

2 Likes

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2012
Tony Spike:

Best comment so far especially the bolded parts...We are living a lie in Nigeria. These God-forsaken, war-torn roads should be given out to state governments for rehabilitation. The last time most of these roads were rehabilitated was during Abacha's PTF era; this was one thing Abacha did inspite of the political witch-hunting.

And take a wild guess who was in charge of PTF at the time?

BUHARI!!!

But today, these irredeemable tribalists will vilify him just because of his religion and his ethnicity, spread lies about him then rig in animals like Jonathan.

Like Musiwa said, why cant your Governors fix it? Why do you have to wait for the Federal Government to do everything? Imagine imbec*iles like the OP tossing blame towards OBJ, the same OBJ that gave Igbos a sense of belonging by not only including Igbo sons and daughters in his Government in large numbers, but whom also went to "War" with the North by making moves that ensured that the East (and other minority tribes in that region) would no longer be discriminated against. I'm still trying to understand why OBJ was the one being castigated by @Proud-Igbo even though GEJ is the one in charge. undecided

If you need something done you do it yourself, thats the way of the world. Are the Non-Federal roads in the East in Pristine condition? No ? Yes? Oh, ok then.....

Ask you Governors what theyre doing with the Billions they get from Abuja every month instead of casting blame at parties that dont deserve it.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
kingoflag:

And take a wild guess who was in charge of PTF at the time?

BUHARI!!!

But today, these irredeemable tribalists will vilify him just because of his religion and his ethnicity, spread lies about him then rig in animals like Jonathan.

Like Musiwa said, why cant your Governors fix it? Why do you have to wait for the Federal Government to do everything? Imagine imbec*iles like the OP tossing blame towards OBJ, the same OBJ that gave Igbos a sense of belonging by not only including Igbo sons and daughters in his Government in large numbers, but whom also went to "War" with the North by making moves that ensured that the East (and other minority tribes in that region) would no longer be discriminated against. I'm still trying to understand why OBJ was the one being castigated by @Proud-Igbo even though GEJ is the one in charge. undecided

If you need something done you do it yourself, thats the way of the world. Are the Non-Federal roads in the East in Pristine condition? No ? Yes? Oh, ok then.....

Ask you Governors what their doing with the Billions they get from Abuja every month instead of casting blame at parties that dont deserve it.
did you change the constitution without our knowledge...
Unless there's a concrete means of recovering their money states dnt go into federal roads.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

The hatred for OBJ will send you to early grave! cool

1 Like

Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by SkyBlue1: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
This is why we really need to have that talk, call it whatever conference you like. I don't have very high hopes for whatever announced conference there is next year, but if it can lead to some sort of restructuring then it would be worthwhile. We should abolish things like FEDERAL ROADS and the money saved by that disolution used for something better. States that want to improve connection between themselves can work on improving connecting roads. The Federal Government has shown that it CANNOT maintain roads, and have become a convinient excuse for bad roads around the place. Mayors of cities should be given MORE power over development in cities, instead of the seemingly worthless roles they play now. We were told not too long ago that the federal government is planning on disolving some federal agencies. Curiously watching that space.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
centje: did you change the constitution without our knowledge...
Unless there's a concrete means of recovering their money states dnt go into federal roads.

Oh, now you remember the constitution? Tell me, what does the constitution say about rigging elections and foisting a clearly mentally unstable and unqualified person on the rest of us as head of the World's most populous black Nation just because of his language and tribal background?

Like I said when someone else complained about the Niger Bridge : IF YOU REALLY NEED IT THAT BAD, get all the Governors in the SE to come together, pool funds and erect it themselves.... then request a refund from the Center. Lagos and other Western States have done this before. My friend, Lagos kept going on for years when this same OBJ starved her of Federal Funds, so what is yall's excuse?

Hold your Governors accountable for their conscienceless decisions and stop always trying to cast blame at whoever's standing right next to you.

P.S: How are the Non-Federal Roads in the SE? Pristine or not?
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by SkyBlue1: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
kingoflag:

Oh, now you remember the constitution? Tell me, what does the constitution say about rigging elections and foisting a clearly mentally unstable and unqualified person on the rest of us as head of the World's most populous black Nation just because of his language and tribal background?

Like I said when someone else complained about the Niger Bridge : IF YOU REALLY NEED IT THAT BAD, get all the Governors in the SE to come together, pool funds and erect it themselves.... then request a refund from the Center. Lagos and other Western States have done this before. My friend, Lagos kept going on for years when this same OBJ starved her of Federal Funds, so what is yall's excuse?

Hold your Governors accountable for their conscienceless decisions and stop always trying to cast blame at whoever's standing right next to you.

I agree with the part in bold, that is why I am for the whole federal roads thing being abolished.

With regards to your first paragraph though: Nigerians need to learn how to take responsibility for their actions and stop being so DAFT and SHAMELESS. The man you have in power is the man most voting Nigerians voted for, learn to accpet this fact and stop looking for silly excuses to shy away from the role the citizens played in their own quandry. If there is anything worse than the Nigerian government it is the citizenry.
Nigerians need to learn that if the citizens don't play their part in a democracy we are going NOWHERE

I have never met a more disenginous set of people in my life. People DO NOT follow NASS elections during the election period because they deem it unimportant, then when NASS starts messing up we comfort ourselves with the DAFT assumption that they all fell from the sky and rigged their way in. Keep on blaming rigging for your quandry, don't open your eyes and get involved and pay attention next election. You will forever be crying rigging.

Some people say they wish they could borrow some leaders from some other countries. I just wish I could kick Nigerians out of Nigeria for a month and move the French in. You will start to see government working because those guys are politically active and don't take crap from their leaders.
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
kingoflag:

you beef is really blinding your judgement. What has this thread got to do with election. The election waz won by GEJ the earlier you live with it the better for you.
Now dude most state that will undertake federal projects get or mobilize huge revenue monthly. Check how much a state like ebony gets annually and compare that with some other states including lagos. Same with other south east states.

On the other hand,has lagos state been able to recover their money since then?
Its nt as simple as you think,dude!
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by Tinyemeka(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2012
control_seven: PH-Aba road is a death trap! Aba-Umuahia road is a nightmare! Umuahia-Enugu road is like a trip to hell. Enugu-Onitsha road is an abandoned project!
Our govt, past & present are collective failures!!

Ha!!! Say that again!
Just Monday Oct 1st during my trip from Umuahia to Enugu (for most of the journey between Umuahia and Okigwe), I saw hell. They were no longer pot-holes but man-holes. Pits measuring 3 feet deep. For goodness sake on an expressway. For the first time in my life, I got stuck in a hole, that my two front wheels were no longer touching the ground. In the middle of nowhere, believe me, it is a terrifying experience.

After the cattle market at Lokpanta, there was another traffic jam, caused by terrible mud ditches they call roads. Again, the car got stuck.

My thought is that all these ministers and legislators always travel by air. So they hardly know the pains that motorists go through when travelling these roads. It is too bad.

Again, why is it that the conditions of the roads change dramatically, once you cross the Abia-Enugu border? Why? What special magic did Enugu do, that Abia and Okigwe (Imo) can't do?
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by dnawah(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
musiwa7: look the federal govt should hand over all road , hospital, airport, univesities etc to state
minus abia state
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by SkyBlue1: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
dnawah: minus abia state

Plus Abia state. I strongly agree with musiwa on that (shock horror, never knew I would see eye to eye with Nigeria01).
If the governor in Abia continues in its incompetency and the citizens refuse to revolt, that is their business!
Re: All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated by dnawah(m): 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
I think it the way to get blood 4 they gods.they can never repaire those roads.pls God save us 4rm all these occult rulers.and give us people that fear u.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MASSOB,BIM Appeal To UN To Divide Nigeria Into 6 Republics / BREAKING! Nig@60: Nigerian Military Forces Barricade Nnamdi Kanu's Home (photos) / Steve Jobs Stopped Going To Church Because Of Biafra(proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.