Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why (17556 Views)

Weird Things That Happen During An Eclipse / Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans / Russian Billionaire Plans To immortalize Humans By 2045 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2012
I love taking risks.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by texbaba1: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
The amazing thing about kissing is that other peoples saliva is like poison when they touch our mouth or even when they touch our skin, we quickly clean it off as if its acid. but how come the saliva of our spouse is different? how come we kiss our spouse nd swallow the saliva as if its honey...it actualy is tho, i can kiss my gf all day...loool! beats my imagination sha buh i guess it has to do with affection.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Kslib(m): 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2012
donlyone: @Op, nice article, but I don't know about BLUSHING, maybe white people, and please don't go all sciency on me, black people don't blush even when they are light in complession. Oh, before I forget 'bleashed skin' is not the same thing as light complession, and albinos, forgive me for not mentioning you guys.

Kissing an instict, please. if not for TV and foreign culture we won't even know about it. Hugging may be an instinct not kissing. Please sharpen mind or be led astray by crazy people on the internet
huh!!!
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by texbaba1: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
The amazing thing about kissing is that other peoples saliva is like poison when they touch our mouth or even when they touch our skin, we quickly clean it off as if its acid. but how come the saliva of our spouse is different? how come we kiss our spouse nd swallow the saliva as if its honey...it actualy is tho, i can kiss my gf all day...loool! beats my imagination sha buh i guess it has to do with affection.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Master6(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
@Ileke,
U don't! Lwkmd. I'm sure u dont blink too.

Still yawning.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by 3kay945(m): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
I think hiccup is for babies, cos I don't do it!
Interesting write up though.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by babamukina: 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
tHe t#r3=d 1s TalKING aB0ut Weird tinz & u all want t0 turn it Kizs!ng
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Emmy9ite(m): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
Master_1: Yawn too is among them.
We all yawn nd scientists don't know exactly why. Seeing, reading, hearing a yawn, can make us yawn.
I'm yawning rite now.
very true # Am yawninq with you
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Emmy9ite(m): 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2012
Sneezinq: when we sneeze, it doesnt add anythinq to the body.
NB: you cannot sneeze with ur eyes open
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by 1shortblackboy: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: BLACK PEOPLE DONT BLUSH undecidedBLACK PEOPLE DONT BLUSH
true talk
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Les: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
[color=#006600]The One of kissin is kinda tru sha. Ma gf neva kiss me unless she wanna have xexm if she no wan sleep wif me, ol I gat to do is force ma lips on hers.she'll utter "I was not in d mood, now u've made me 2b in d mood" I'll jst smile nd there we go![/colour]

2 Likes

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by babamukina: 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
hmmmmn
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by thelastPope(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
God is great!

Its so stup1d for anyone to say life started from a bang, just like that. Life is too intellgent to start from an unintelligent nothingness
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by SeunshaGHARRI: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
Now this is front page worthy. Informative, thought-provoking and intelligent. No G-bomb will be administered on this thread. Keep this up!!

3 Likes

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by babamukina: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
hmmmmm
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by tucker12(m): 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2012
Fart... mine mine mine grin grin grin especially the Boko haram farting mode>> Loud and explosive grin grin
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by texbaba1: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
The amazing thing about kissing is that other people's saliva is like poison when they touch our mouth or even when they touch our skin, we quickly clean it off as if its acid. But how come the saliva of our spouse is different? how come we kiss our spouse nd swallow the saliva as if its honey...it actually is tho, i can kiss my spouse all day...loool. Beats my imagination sha buh i guess it has to do with affection.

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by mat2lock(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
This just makes me think.... Unquestionable Unquestionable God.... What of Death.... I think that really weird to....

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I've never been a fan of kissing on the lips. I'm always like "ok, let go of my lips now". bleh, very disgusting style of getting spit from one location to another.

Arabinrin..it is still very early in the morning na. Why did you have to spoil the art of kissing like that. Now all i can think of is spit. Party pooper.

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by ngbest: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
cryHhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm what an article I remembered dos day
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by sigmundfreud(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I've never been a fan of kissing on the lips. I'm always like "ok, let go of my lips now". bleh, very disgusting style of getting spit from one location to another.
Like everything else...it gets better with practice!
*winks*
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
I never knew kissing was weird
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by georgiobob: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
Do u knw dat belching is d result of rushing water intake into the lungs while hiccups is d result of rushing coke intake into the lungs.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
lol grin
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by sigmundfreud(m): 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
Kiss
It's weird, when you think about it,
that swapping spit seems romantic.
Turns out it's a biological instinct.
Kissing allows people to use smell
and taste to assess each other as
potential mates. People's breath and saliva carry chemical signals as
to whether they are healthy or sick,
and in the case of females, whether
they're ovulating — all important
messages for potential partners in
reproduction. Furthermore, the skin around peoples' noses and mouths is coated with oils that contain pheromones,
chemicals that broadcast
information about a person's
biological makeup. When people pick up each other's pheromones
during a sloppy kiss, they'll
subconsciously become either more
or less sexually attracted to each
other depending on what they
detect. Alongside the chemosensory cues
exchanged during kisses,
psychologists also believe the actual
physical act of kissing helps couples
bond. This theory is supported by the
fact that oxytocin — a hormone that increases most peoples' feelings of
sociality, love and trust — floods
brains when mouths kiss.
Informative post.
Also reveals the relativity of science/psychology to culture. In some culture, kiss is over-rated!
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by sigmundfreud(m): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2012
georgiobob: Do u knw dat belching is d result of rushing water intake into the lungs while hiccups is d result of rushing coke intake into the lungs.
*laughs in Swahili*
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by asala1: 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
Babzilla:

HMMMMM.... IM TRYING TO LINK THIS UP TO GARRI wink
Why do you have to quote the whole list all over again?
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nice article.
D kissing tin no be reflex action for me o jere. I can't just kiss anybady..except for one of my ex like dat, i'm just 'scared' of exchanging spit with anybody! God help me o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Wants To Plant A MAST Our Land For The Sum Of 3.5million / Mindblowing Gifs That Explain Natural Activities / Sell Your Faulty Laptop here if you are in lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.