Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why (17558 Views)

Weird Things That Happen During An Eclipse / Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans / Russian Billionaire Plans To immortalize Humans By 2045 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Shaw007(m): 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
Master_1: Yawn too is among them.
We all yawn nd scientists don't know exactly why. Seeing, reading, hearing a yawn, can make us yawn.
I'm yawning rite now.
dude come'on. . .i got this from high school. . .you yawn 2 reduce d tension on ur ear drums so they dont explode. . .but i guess its also natural eh!
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Shaw007(m): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I've never been a fan of kissing on the lips. I'm always like "ok, let go of my lips now". bleh, very disgusting style of getting spit from one location to another.
hmm. . .u'v never had d opportunity(or shud i say luck) of 'kissing' a good kisser. . .some guys will kiss d daylights outta you and YOU WILL LOVE IT. . .beginners do what u described thoughgrin
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Shaw007(m): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2012
mat2lock: This just makes me think.... Unquestionable Unquestionable God.... What of Death.... I think that really weird to....
Death-a necessary Evil!!

1 Like

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Shaw007(m): 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2012
vislabraye: Some people are trying to say that kissing is learnt from MTV? It beats my imagination.

@poster. Animals do cry. Even though not like humans.
crying is one tin. . .shedding tears is another

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Blackbody20(m): 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2012
lurkee: Erm, do black people blush?

All these copy and paste lists are kind of annoying. lipsrsealed No point.
Go copy and paste urs and lets see. Enemy of knowledge.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Blackbody20(m): 11:29pm On Sep 07, 2012
georgiobob: Do u knw dat belching is d result of rushing water intake into the lungs while hiccups is d result of rushing coke intake into the lungs.
You are damn too wrong.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Meristem: 2:30am On Sep 08, 2012
I dont fart grin
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Goldieluks: 5:11am On Sep 08, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: BLACK PEOPLE DONT BLUSH undecidedBLACK PEOPLE DONT BLUSH

Are blacks not humans? Blacks blush behind the brown skin! DUH!
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by bknight: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2012
This is d kind of stuff dat shld be on front page.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by iyke648(m): 9:26am On Sep 08, 2012
Ijebulogic: As a kid, i had a pet monkey that did everything on the list except maybe shed tears. Hmmmmm... grin
. Doez ur pet monkey fart? cheesy
Ijebulogic: As a kid, i had a pet monkey that did everything on the list except maybe shed tears. Hmmmmm... grin
. Doez ur pet monkey fart?
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by realsammie(m): 9:31am On Sep 08, 2012
Meristem: I dont fart grin
then u re a dead man talking

As for me, I've got dis problem of hiccup anytime i eat rice. sometimes i get fed up with the food.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by lurkee(f): 9:54am On Sep 08, 2012
Blackbody20: Go copy and paste urs and lets see. Enemy of knowledge.

Lol. Enemy of knowledge ko, defender of posts ni. Nairaland needs tagging feature I would have missed this joker's post.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by sessydoo(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
booqee: dint u read my post very well ni?? I said i just can't kiss anybody like dat! Reread!

Eyah, pele dear. i no use my reading glasses d 1st time i read it ni jare.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Tinyemeka(m): 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: BLACK PEOPLE DONT BLUSH undecidedBLACK PEOPLE DONT BLUSH

Black people do blush. It's just that our melanin colouration masks the reddening of the face.
My boss is very light-skinned and when he gets emotionally agitated, he face turns all red. In a funny way. smiley

@OP, I didn't see anything in the article about sex and... and... forgive me, I must to talk am, eja.culation (both male and female). I believe that process is also a weird phenomenon.

With regards to hiccups, I think it is a reflex action that arises when articles (e.g food particles, small objects) are lodged along the oesophagus. Brain senses this and sends impulses that cause the diaphragm to spasm in an attempt to dislodge the particle. That is why most hiccups go away after drinking plenty water. Hiccups don't just arise for no reason.

Na so I learn am for book those days O. Contrary opinions may abound.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Tinyemeka(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
Shaw007: dude come'on. . .i got this from high school. . .you yawn 2 reduce d tension on ur ear drums so they dont explode. . .but i guess its also natural eh!

Yeah and swallowing too. When you are on a long flight and feel the pressure on your ear-drums, swallow. To equalize the pressure.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by wizard01(m): 9:17pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nice post, very Educating.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by 3kay945(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
what is blush? cos iI have not seen it before o.
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by 5p1naz(m): 2:13am On Sep 10, 2012
[size=13pt]by "pins and needles" shocked shocked you mean "pajapaja" right?? undecided undecided ... ok tnks i get it... cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2012
these are very interesting
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by easy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
deelicious: I've missed kissing and being kissed properly *sigh*

SORRY, WHY
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by Trendytessy(f): 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
Demlad99: shocked The 'blinking' part made me blink a lot. Nice article.
the same thing happened to me... i couldn't stop blinking
Re: Weird Things Humans Do Daily, And Why by fitnesslover1(m): 4:55am On Sep 18, 2012
haha some people need to read the farting one and stop making a big deal out of farting lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Wants To Plant A MAST Our Land For The Sum Of 3.5million / Mindblowing Gifs That Explain Natural Activities / Sell Your Faulty Laptop here if you are in lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.